Now, the old man was in bed in this room.
他说他起来,走进走廊
He says he got up, he went into the hall,
沿着走廊一直走,打开前门
went all the way down the hall, opened the front door,
正好看见那个男孩跑下楼梯
just in time to see the boy racing down the stairs.
我说的对吗?
Am I right?
这个故事… 都听了19遍了!
That’s the story… for the 19th time!
他听到身体倒地15秒后
15 seconds after he heard the body fall.
没错…
Correct…
老头的床靠着窗户
The old man’s bed was by the window.
也就是说从床到卧室门
他必须走过12英尺
That means he had to walk… 12 feet
from the bed to the bedroom door
而走廊到前门有…
43英尺6英寸长
and the hall is… 43 feet 6 inches…
down to the front door.
也就是说他必须起身、下床
走过12英尺,打开卧室门
That means that he had to get up, get out of
bed, walk 12 feet, open the bedroom door,
再走过43英尺打开公♥寓♥前门
walk 43 feet and open the front door to his apartment,
一切都在15秒钟之内..
all in 15 seconds…
有人觉得他能完成吗?
Does anyone think he could have done it?
– 他当然可以
– 他只能很慢地走…
-Sure he could have done it!
-He can only walk very slowly…
有人扶着他上证人席的…
There they helped him to the witness chair…
让你说得好像很漫长似的,不是!
You make it sound like a long walk!
It’s not!
对一个中风后的老头而言…
确实很漫长
For an old man who’s had a stroke…
it’s a long walk!
你在干什么?
What are you doing?
我想摆放一下
看看他要花多久
I wanna set this up, see how long it took him.
摆放个什么?要是有用的话
那小子的律师怎么不提出来?
What do you mean you wanna set this up?
Why didn’t the kid’s lawyer bring it up if it’s so important?
也许他只是没有想到
Maybe he just didn’t think of it!
什么他没想到?
你觉得那家伙是白♥痴♥吗?
What do you mean he didn’t think of it?
Do you think the guy’s an idiot or something?
– 明摆着的事,不是吗?
– 你想到了吗?
-It’s an obvious thing, isn’t it?
-Did you think of it?
机灵鬼,我想了一晚上
Look smart guy, don’t matter what,
I thought of it over the night.
好啦,咱们冷静一下
Alright, let’s calm it down.
他没提出来是因为
他觉得这对案件不利
He didn’t bring it up cause he thought
it was gonna hurt his case.
等等,他没提出来
也许是因为
Wait a minute! Maybe he didn’t bring
it up because it would seem as if
吵闹着逼迫一个无辜老头
给陪审团印象不好
he was badgering and pressuring a helpless
old man, which does not sit well with a jury,
律师会尽量避免那种情况的…
lawyers try to avoid that sort of thing if they can…
那律师算什么玩意儿?
What kind of bum is he then?
我不是一直在问吗
That’s exactly what I’ve been asking!
这里算是老头的床
Now, let’s say this is the old man’s bed.
首先,我步测12英尺
那是卧室的长度
First, I’m gonna pace off 12 feet,
that’s the length of the bedroom.
你疯了,哪有那样重建现场的!
You’re crazy! You can’t
recreate a thing like that!
帮我个忙好吗?
把那把椅子拿过来
You wanna do me a favour?
Could you hand me that chair?
就放在这儿…
这里是卧室门
Put it right here…
This is the bedroom door.
那么走廊有…
多长?43英尺
Now the hallway was…what? It was 43 feet.
哦,我会走到墙再转回来
Well, I’ll pace over to that wall and
then back around this way again.
绝对疯了!你这样浪费
大家时间到底想干什么?
This is absolutely insane! What’s the
idea behind wasting everybody’s time with this?
据你所说,这只会花你15秒钟
…11…12… Look, it’s only gonna
take 15 seconds according to you!
…11…12…
…40…41…42…43.
…40…41…42…43.
请你… 非常感谢
If you would… thank you very much!
这里是通向走廊的门口
以及下去的楼梯
This is the doorway out into
the hall and the stairway going down.
根据证言这是接连不断的
It was chain locked according to testimony.
那么,谁的表有秒针?
Now, does anybody here got
a second hand on their watch?
我的
I have.
要我开始的时候请你跺一下脚
就当成身体倒地,好吧?
Alright. Will you just stamp your foot when
you want me to go, that’ll be the body falling, alright?
从那时给我计时
Time me from then.
有人玩字谜游戏吗?
Anybody for charades?
– 这辈子我都没见过这种…
– 我准备好了
-I’ve never seen anything like this in my whole…
-Alright, I’m ready.
来呀,你快点?
Come on, come on, won’t you?
我在等秒针走到60分
I’m waiting for the second hand to reach sixty.
开始!
Go!
哦得了,走快点
他的速度是你的两倍
Oh come on, step it up, he
walked twice as fast as that!
太慢了!
That’s too slow!
– 他就是那么走的
老头的走法!
– …玩这种过家家有什么用?
-That’s how he walked, he walked like an old man!
-…what will this kid’s stuff do?
– 不行,也太慢了…
-… 他就是这么走的
-No. That’s too slow…
-…that’s the way he walked.
你让我走快点?
好,那我就快一点
You want me to walk faster?
Alright, I’ll walk faster.
– 这可是谋杀罪审判!
– 你放松点行不行?
-This is a trial for murder!
-Relax, will ya? Jeez!
时间!
Time!
正好42秒
Exactly 42 seconds!
42秒?
42 seconds?
42秒
42 seconds.
我想事情是这样的
Here’s what I think happened.
我想那老头之前听到
男孩和父亲之间的争吵
I think the old man heard the fight
between the boy and his father earlier
过了几个小时
他躺在床上
and then a couple of hours later, lying in bed,
听到身体撞在男孩公♥寓♥的地板上
he heard the body hit the
floor at the boy’s apartment
又听到街对面女人的尖叫
and heard the woman scream across the street.
他就要去开门
He tried to get to the front door.
他听到某人跑下楼梯
以为就是那个男孩
He heard someone running down the
stairs and he assumed that it was the boy.
我觉得那是有可能的
I think that’s possible.
“以为”?
Assumed?
听好了你们这些人
Now listen to me people!
这一天我听够了各种谎话
可是这个小把戏…
I’ve heard all kinds of dishonesty
in my day, but this little display…
…拿了头筹!
你来到这里
…takes the cake! You come in here,
替穷小子和不公正
说了一堆虚情假意的话
with your sanctimonious talk
about slum kids and injustice
编了一箩筐幻想故事
and you make up a lot of wild stories
突然之间你就骗到了
这里几个老娘们的同情
and all of a sudden you’re gettin’ through
to some of these little old ladies in here.
可是你骗不了我!
我听够了
But you’re not getting through to me!
I’ve had enough!
你们这帮人是怎么了?
What is the matter with you people?
你们都知道他有罪!
他该被烧死!
Everyone of you knows he’s guilty! He’s got to burn!
我们却要让他从身边溜走了!
We’ll let him slip through our fingers!
“…让他从我们身边溜走…”
你是谁啊,刽子手吗?
“…let him slip through our fingers…”
What are you, his executioner?
我算一个
I’m one of them!
也许你想亲手执行吧
Maybe you’d like to put the needle in!
给这小子?你说对了!
For this kid? You bet I would!
上帝啊,我替你感到羞耻…
God, I’m sorry for you…
你少说我!
Don’t start with me now!
从我们走进这间屋子开始
你就好像自命不凡的公共复仇者
Ever since we’ve walked into this room, you’ve
acted like a self-appointed public avenger.
闭嘴!
Shut up!
你想让那男孩死是

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!