I think I know him better than anyone here.
这是一个沉默无语的、受宠若惊的
微不足道的老头,一辈子碌碌无为
This is a quiet, frightened, insignificant
old man who’s been nothing, all his life.
没有被承认过,名字没上过报纸
Never had recognition, never seen
his name in the newspapers.
没人认识他,没人引用他的话
75年都没人寻求他的建议
Nobody knows him. Nobody quotes him.
Nobody seeks his advice after 75 years.
知道吗…
You know…
…那是很悲哀的事,一无是处
…that’s a very sad thing, to be a nothing.
这种人太需要被承认了
A man like this needs to be recognised,
太需要被聆听、被引用
一次就够了,对他太重要了
to be listened to, to be quoted, just
once. That’s very important.
他发现这种地位难以失而复得
当他有机会成为一个…
He would find it hard to recede into the background,
when there’s a chance for him to become a…
等一下!你是说这家伙
会为了引起注意说谎?
Wait a minute, wait a minute! Are you trying to tell
us that the guy would lie just to be important once?
他倒不是… 真的说谎
He wouldn’t… really lie!
但可能他让自己相信了
But perhaps he’d make himself believe that
他听到那些话
也认出了男孩的脸
he heard those words and recognised the boy’s face.
我一辈子都没听过
这么奇妙的故事!
That’s the most fantastic story I’ve heard in my life!
你凭什么编造这种东西?
How can you just make up some stuff like that?
你懂个甚啊?
What do you know about it?
坐下
Sit down!
你坐下吧
You sit down!
坐下
Sit down!
先生们,容我强调一下
本案应该建立在对事实
的理性和逻辑分♥析♥之上
Jentlemen, let me remind you, this case is based
on a reasonable and logical progression of facts.
请吧,我们继续
Please, let’s keep it.
事实是可能被陈述者的
人格特征掩盖的
Facts may be covered by the personalities
of the people who present them.
也不要忘了那个
Let’s not forget that.
– 有人想要止咳糖吗?
– 哦,我要,谢谢
-Would anybody like a cough drop?
-Yeah, I would, thank you.
爱说什么说什么吧…
Say what you like fellas…
我还是想不通居然
有人认为这小子无罪
I still don’t see how anybody
could think this kid’s not guilty.
有件事我想跟各位说一下
There’s one thing I did wanna
talk about for just a minute.
我们已经证明了老头可能
没听到男孩喊“我要杀了你”
I think that we have proven that the old man
could not have heard the boy say “I’m gonna kill you”.
可是假设…
But suppose that…
你在说什么,“证明”?
What are you talking about, “prove”?
你什么也没有证明
你在瞎说什么?
You haven’t proved it at all!
What are you talking about?
可是假设他确实听到了
But suppose he did hear it.
我想说,我们在座的
说过多少次那种话?
I mean, how many times have we
all probably used that expression?
不计其数,对吧
Hundreds of times, you know!
为了那个我要杀了你
亲爱的,或者…
I could kill you for that darling, or…
…儿子,你再那样
我就杀了你,或者…
…junior, I’m gonna kill you if you
do that one more time, or…
…干♥死♥他们,洛基,干♥死♥他们!
…kill’em Rocky, kill’em!
对吧,这只是日常用语…
并不意味着我们真要杀死谁
You know, it’s just a common everyday…
It doesn’t mean we’re gonna kill someone.
等会,你想跟我们说什么?
Wait a minute, what are you trying to give us here?
原话是:“我要杀了你”
那小子声嘶力竭喊出来的
The phrase was “I’m going to kill you” and the
kid screamed it out on the top of his lungs.
少跟我说他不是有意的!
Don’t tell me he didn’t mean it!
任何人说那种话用
那种口气,一定是说真的
Anybody who says something like that,
the way he said, they mean it.
哦,天哪,我…
Well, gee, I…
…我不知道…
…I don’t know…
我记得我和隔壁银行
的家伙吵架的时候
I remember I was arguing with this
guy that I work next to at the bank,
他骂我白♥痴♥,我就喊叫…
so he called me an idiot, so I was yelling…
这个人在让你们
相信没影儿的事
This man is trying to get you to
believe things that just aren’t so.
那男孩说“我要杀了你”
而他真的杀了他
The boy said “I’m going to kill you”
and he did kill him!
你真的以为他会那样叫嚷
让所有邻居都听见,我看不会
Do you really think that he would shout out something
like that for the whole neighbourhood to hear? I don’t think so.
我想他要聪明多了
I think he’s too bright for that.
聪明?
Bright?
他就是个无知的混子
He’s the common ignorant slob.
– 他都说不好(don’t )英语
– 他都说不好(does not)英语
-He don’t even speak good english.
-He does not even speak good english.
主席先生…
Mr. Foreman…
…我想把我的投票改为无罪
…I’d like to change my vote to not guilty.
– 哦你别开玩笑了
– 你也听到了
-Oh you got to be kidding me!
-You heard me.
你确定吗?
Are you sure?
是的,我确定
Yes, I’m sure.
表决结果是
9票有罪3票无罪
The vote is 9 to 3 in favour of guilty.
哦,这不是大结局!
Well, if this isn’t the livin’ end!
你有什么根据?
What are you basing it on?
这个家伙编的故事?
The stories this guy made up?
我看这家伙…
他该给《奇妙侦探杂♥志♥》写稿
I mean, this guy… he should write
for Amazing Detective Monthly.
能赚大钱的!
He’d make a fortune!
听好了,密尔沃基
事实就摆在你面前
Now listen, Milwakee, there are facts
there and their right in your face.
每个人都说“这小子杀了他老头子”!
And everyone of them says
“This kid killed his old man”!
连他自己的律师
从一开始就知道他没机会赢
I mean, his own lawyer, knew right from
the beginning he didn’t stand a chance.
他自己的律师!
His own lawyer!
你知道的!
You could see it!
– 伙计,他该死的!
– 哦,是吗?
-Body, he deserves to die!
-Oh, does he?
你该知道,有人曾经
被判谋杀罪并处决
For your information, it’s happened in the past that
people had been convicted of murder and then executed
多年以后,有人自首认罪
and later, years later, someone comes
along and confesses to the crime.
知道吗,有时候我们眼前
闪烁着的事实却是虚假的…
You see, sometimes, the facts that are
staring us in the face are wrong…
听好了,我跟他说话呢,不是你!
Hey listen, I’m talking to him, not to you!
见鬼,这家伙太赞了,是吧?
Boy, this guy’s beautiful, isn’t he?
听着,那小子有律师,对不对?
Yeah, listen, the kid had a lawyer, didn’t he?
律师负责举证,不是你!
The lawyer presented the case, not you!
– 你怎么那么话唠?
– 那个律师是法庭指派的
-How come you got so much to say?
-The lawyer was court appointed!
指派的又有什么关系?
So what does that mean?
关系太大了!
It could mean a hell of a lot!
他可能不想要这个案子
他可能讨厌被指派,对他有什么好处?
It could mean he didn’t want the case, it could mean
he resented being appointed, what’s there for him?
没有希望,没有荣光,胜诉无望
No hope, no glory, very little chance of winning.
对一个年轻律师而言没什么前景
Not a very promising situation for a young lawyer.
律师必须非常相信
他的当事人才会拼尽全力
He would have to really believe in his
client in order to put up a good fight.
就像你刚才说的
显然他不相信
As you mentioned a minute ago, he obviously didn’t!
噢,当然他不相信
Oh sure he didn’t!
谁他妈的会相信?
Who the hell could?
除非上帝或谁降临…
Except maybe god come to Earth or somebody…
够了吧伙计们,看看都几点了!
Come on guys, look at the time!
请允许我
Pardon me here.
– 我做了点笔记…在哪儿…
– 笔记?
-I have some notes here… somewhere…
-Notes?
我… 想…问几个问题
I… would… like… to ask some questions.
我一直在很认真地
听这位先生讲话
I’ve been listening very closely to

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!