that reminded me of one of the witnesses…
我正要说话呢,你不介意吧?
I was trying to say something here, do you mind?
我认为这很重要
I think this is important!
好吧,请说,请吧…
Ok, go ahead, please, go ahead…
谢谢
Thank you!
我希望你能原谅我,可是…
I hope you’ll forgive me for this, but…
…我很奇怪…
…I was wondering why…
…你为什么要像那样揉鼻子?
…why were you rubbing your nose like that?
算了吧,你行不行?
Come on now, would you please?
现在
Right now,
我正和这位先生说话呢
I’m talking to this jentleman here.
那么…
Now…
你为什么要揉鼻子?
Why were you rubbing your nose?
哦,如果你感兴趣的话
Well, if it’s any of your business,
我揉是因为它在影响我
I was rubbing it because it bothers me.
是不是因为你的眼镜?
Is it because of your eyeglasses?
是的,对,是的
我们能说点别的吗?
It is, yes, it is, could we get on
to something else please?
你的眼镜造成你鼻子两边的印痕
Your eyeglasses make those deep
impressions on the side of your nose.
是的…
Yes…
我以前没注意到…
I hadn’t noticed that before…
它一定很烦人
They must be annoying.
哦是的,是的,确实…
非常,非常烦人
Oh yes, oh yes, they are…
Very, very annoying.
我没有想到
I wouldn’t know about that.
我从来不戴眼镜
I’ve never worn eyeglasses.
两眼都是20度
20-20!
嘿,已经当上验光师了
Hey come on with the optometrist bit already!
作证称看见杀人的那个女人
The woman who testified that she saw the killing,
她鼻子两边有同样的印痕
had those same deep marks on the side of her nose.

Wow!
你看见了吗?
Did you see that?
请… 请… 等一下
Please… please… just a minute!
请,等一下…
Please! Just a minute…
…我马上说完
…and I’ll be finished.
我不知道你们有没有注意到…
I don’t know if any of you noticed that…
…我那时候没想到…
…I didn’t think about it then…
…可是,我脑海中
一直浮现她的脸…
…but, I’ve been going over her face in my mind…
她就是有印痕
She had those marks!
她在法庭上一直揉鼻子…
She kept rubbing them in court…
– 他说的对
– 他说的对,她确实是那样
-He’s right!
-He’s right, she did do that a lot!
这个女人
This woman,
大概45岁
was about 45 years old,
竭尽全力让自己
看上去像35岁…
making a tremendous effort to look 35…
你明白,为了她的
第一次公众亮相…
You know, for her first public appearance…
染头发,化浓妆
Dyed hair, heavy make-up
全新的衣服…
and brand new clothes…
…穿在年轻点的女人身上更合适些…
…which would have been more
suitable on a younger woman…
…还有…没戴眼镜
…and… no eyeglasses!
你们回想一下她的样子
See if you can get a picture a mental picture of her.
你什么意思?
你怎么知道她戴眼镜?
What do you mean no glasses?
You don’t know if she wear glasses!
就因为她揉鼻子?
Just because she was rubbing her nose?
她有印痕,我看到了
She had those marks.
I saw them!
又怎么了?你觉得
那有什么意义?
So what? What do you think that means?
我也看见了,他说的对
I saw them too. He’s right!
我离她最近…
I was the closest one to her…
她就是有痕迹
She had those marks!
你到底想说什么?
What point are you trying to make here?
她就是有
She had them!
我就想说这个…
她有那种痕迹
That’s the point I’m trying to
make… she had those marks!
她染了头发,鼻子上有痕迹
我问你,那又怎么了?
She had dyed hair and marks on her nose,
now I’m asking you, what does that mean?
这种印痕可能不是
戴眼镜造成的吗?
Could those marks have been made
by anything other than eyeglasses?
不… 不… 不会的…
No… no… they couldn’t…
你说什么,我可没看见什么痕迹
What are you saying?
I didn’t see any marks!
我… 我看到了… 是的,看到了…
I… I did… yes, I did…
真奇怪,我…
Strange, I…
…之前没想到,奇怪…
…didn’t think about it before, strange…
律师呢?他咋没提到?
What about the lawyer?
Why didn’t he say anything?
你看,这里有12个人
聚精会神于这个案子
Look, there’s twelve people in here that
have been concentrating on this case
而11个人都没有注意到
and eleven of us didn’t think of it.
好吧… 克拉伦斯·丹诺大律师!
Alright… Clarence Daryl!
检察官呢?
What about the district attorney?
你觉得他会玩那种把戏吗
让她不戴眼镜作证?
Do you think he’d try to pull a trick like that,
letting her testify without her glasses?
你们谁见过一个需要眼镜的女人
Haven’t you ever met a woman who needed glasses
却不想戴眼镜,因为
那会毁了她们的外表?
but didn’t want to wear them because
she thought they ruined her looks?
有啊,我太太
Yeah, my wife!
我跟你们说,她一走出家门
马上就摘眼镜
I’m telling you, she walks out of the
house, she takes off her glasses,
她把眼镜放在手提包里
走在大街上,就开始跌跌撞撞…
she puts them in her purse, she walks down
the street and starts bumping into shit…
也许检察官也没有注意到
Maybe the district attorney didn’t know either.
我正想说这个
Just what I was gonna say.
好吧
Alright.
他鼻子上有痕迹,我承认了…
She had marks on her nose, I’m giving you that…
…眼镜造成的…
…from glasses…
…她从不把眼镜带出家门…
…she never wore them out of the house…
…让别人都以为她很美!
…so that everybody would think she was gorgeous!
可是当她看见那小子
杀死他爸时,她在家里!
But when she saw that kid killing
his father she was in the house!
一个人…!
Alone…!
你睡觉时会戴眼镜吗?
Do you wear your glasses when you go to bed?
没有人睡觉还戴眼镜,没有人…
Noone wears eyeglasses to bed, noone…
那就可以合理地说
她在床上也没有戴眼镜
Then it’s logical to say that she
wasn’t wearing hers in bed either.
– 你咋知道?
– 我不知道,我是猜测
-How do you know?
-I don’t know, I’m just guessing.
我还推测,当她向窗外一瞥时
她也没有戴眼镜
And I’m also guessing that when she glanced out
the window, she didn’t put her glasses on either.
他自己说她刚向窗外看
谋杀就发生了
She herself said that she just looked
out the window, the murder took place
一刹那间灯就灭了
and one split second later the lights went out.
她来不及戴上眼镜…
She wouldn’t have had time
to put her glasses on then…
等一下
Wait a second!
还有一个猜测
And here’s another guess.
也许那女人真诚地以为
她看见男孩杀他父亲了
Maybe the woman honestly thought
she saw the boy kill his father,
我看,她只看见了一片重影
I say, she only saw a blur!
你怎么知道她看见什么?
How do you know what she saw?
他怎么知道这些事?
How does he know these things?
你又不知道她戴什么眼镜
You don’t know what kind of glasses she wore!
也许她是远视眼,也许是太阳镜…
你怎么知道?
Maybe she was farsighted, maybe they were
sunglasses… What do you know about it?
我只知道,现在那个
女人的视力成为问题了
I only know that the woman’s
eyesight is in question now.
她必须在60英尺外辨别一个人
在黑暗中,不戴眼镜
She had to identify a person 60 feet
away, in the dark, without glasses.
你不能根据这种证据
就把一个人送上刑场
You can’t send someone off

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!