好吧,重击手,轻便吧
Ok slugger, be my guest.
谁有话要说?
Who’s got something to say?
我没有
Not me.
我愿意花一个小时
I’m willing to put in an hour.
– 什么?
– 好啊,昨晚我听到一个不错的故事…
-What?
-Great! I heard a pretty good story last night…
有个女人,她闯入医生办公室…
There is this woman, she goes
running into the doctor’s office…
对不起,我们坐在这儿不是为了这个
Excuse me, that’s not why
we are sitting in here for.
那好啊,你告诉我
我们坐在这儿为了什么
Alright then, you tell me
what are we sitting here for.
哦,也许没有理由
我不知道,可是听着…
Well, maybe for no reason,
I don’t know, but look…
…这孩子一生都在晃荡
…this kid has been knocked
around all of his life,
出生在贫民窟里
好像9岁时就失去了母亲…
been born in a slum, he lost his mother
when he was just, what, 9…
在他老爹因为伪造罪坐牢的时候
他在孤儿院呆了一年半
and he spent a year and a half in an orphanage,
while his old man was doing a jail term for forgery.
那可不是一个好的开端
That’s not a very good headstart.
他的十♥八♥年♥光阴都荒废了
He’s had a rotten 18 years.
我只是觉得我们欠那孩子
几句话,仅此而已
I just think we owe that boy
a few words, that’s all.
嘿听着,我不怕跟你说,先生
Hey look, I don’t mind
telling you this mister,
我们根本不欠他什么东西!
but we don’t owe him a thing!
对了!
That’s right!
我是说,他接受了公平审判,不是吗?
I mean, he had a fair trial, didn’t he?
你觉得一场审判要花费多少?
What do you think that trial cost?
他得到了就很幸运了
And he was lucky he got it.
在这儿我们都是成年人
我们都听到了事实,谁没有呢?
We’re all grown ups in here and we
heard the facts, now didn’t we?
你不能坐在这里跟我们说
我们得相信这孩子
Now you’re not gonna sit there ‘n’ tell us
we’re supposed to believe this kid
好像就你了解他
knowing what he is.
听着,我一辈子都和这种人打交道
Look, I’ve lived among them all my life.
我是说,你不能相信他们说的每个字
他们是天生的骗子
I mean, you can’t believe a word they say.
They are born liars.
我突然觉得
你一定是个无知的人
It suddenly occurs to me that
you must be an ignorant man.
你瞎说什么?
What are you talking about?
你觉得真♥相♥被你垄断吗?
You think you have a monopoly on the truth?
你为啥要这么想一个联邦案件
得了,你们看这个家伙
Why are you making a federal case out of
this, come on man, how do you like this guy?
我觉得需要
向这个人指明某些事情
I think certain things should be
pointed out to this man.
这不是礼拜日,我们不需要布道
This isn’t Sunday, we don’t
need a sermon in here.
我看没有必要为此争论
我觉得我们都应该绅士一点
I don’t see any need to argue like that, I think
we ought to be able to behave like jentlemen,
如果我们准备讨论这个案子的话
if we’re going to discuss this case.
也许那位不同意的先生
能告诉我们为什么
Maybe the jentleman who’s disagreeing
down there could tell us why.
告诉我们他怎么想的
我们就知道他哪儿弄混了
Tell us what he thinks and we could
show him where he’s probably mixed up.
– 你干什么呢?
– 呃?
-What are you doing?
-Eh?
那是什么?
What is that?
这是我在广♥告♥公♥司♥
做的一款产品:卜卜米
It’s one of the products I work
on at the ad agency: Rice Pops.
“内置反光片的早餐”
这条广♥告♥词是我写的
“The breakfast with the built in bounce”
I wrote that one.
哦,原来是从那儿来的
Oh, that’s where that came from.
朗朗上口
That’s very catchy.
你不介意吧?
Do you mind?
对不起,我有涂鸦的习惯
这可以让我保持注意力
I’m sorry, I just have this habit of doodling.
It keeps me focused.
我们正想干点实际的
否则就得一直呆在这儿
We’re trying to do something.
We could be sitting here forever.
不,听着听着,我有个主意
刚才我是自言自语,我觉得
No, look, look, look, I might have an idea. I mean
I’m just thinking out loud, but it seems to me
我们应该让这位先生
知道我们对他错了
that it’s up to us to convince this jentleman
that we’re right and he’s wrong.
也许如果我们每个人用一两分钟
说出自己的看法,你知道…
Maybe if we each took a minute or two
to explain how we feel, you know…
– 只是个不成熟的想法
– 不不不,那很好
-It was just a quick thought.
-No, no, no, that’s good.
我们可以绕着桌子转一圈
Suppose we go once around the table.
– 干啥都行,只要动起来!
– 好啊,不如你先来?
-Anything, just let start it off!
-Fine, why don’t you go first?
不,我不行…
No, not me…
我想应该按顺序来
I think we ought to go in order.
好的,很合理… 按顺序来
每个人两分钟
Ok, that’s fair… in order.
Two minutes a piece.
意思是从你开始
That means you go first.
哦,好,呃…
Oh, well, um…
嗯,很难用语言表达….
我就是觉得他有罪
Well, it’s hard to put it into words….
I just think that he’s guilty.
我想从证词来看很明显
没有人能证明相反的事
I thought it was obvious from the word go.
Nobody proved otherwise.
不需要证明相反的事
证明责任由控方承担
Nobody has to prove otherwise.
The burden of proof rests with the prosecution.
被告甚至不需要开口讲话
The defendant doesn’t even
have to open his mouth.
我知道!我的意思是…
那个人有罪,有证人在
I know that! What I meant was…
the man is guilty, there was a witness.
有人看见他干了
Somebody saw him do it.
好吧,我是这样想的
Ok, here’s what I think.
而我不掺杂任何个人感觉
我只谈事实
And I have no personal feelings at all,
I’m talking facts.
第一,咱们就说那个老头
他就住在二楼
Number one, let’s take the old man who lived
on the 2nd floor directly underneath the room
谋杀案发生的房♥间下面
where the murder was committed.
他说在凶杀之夜
大概12点10分的时候
Now, he says that about 10 minutes
after 12 on the night of the killing
他听见楼上传来吵闹声
听起来像是打架
he heard a loud noise from upstairs.
Sounded like a fight.
他还听见那个男孩吼叫着:
“我要杀了你!”
And he heard the boy yell out:
“I’m going to kill you”
一秒之后身体撞击地面
他跑向他公♥寓♥的门,朝外看
A second later the body hit the floor,
he run to his appartment door, looked out,
看见那孩子跑下楼梯,跑出大楼
saw the kid running down the
stairs and out of the house.
他报了警,警♥察♥发现
那父亲胸口插着一把刀
He called the police and they found
the father with a knife in his chest.
验尸官认定
死亡时间在午夜时分
-And the coroner fixed the time
of death around midnight.
没错,这些都是事实
你不能反驳事实,这孩子有罪
He’s right. These are facts. You can’t
refute facts. This kid’s guilty.
听着,我和这位老兄一样伤感
我知道他只有18岁
Look, I’m as sentimental as the next guy.
I know he’s only 18.
但他得为他的所作所为付出代价
But he’s gotta pay for what he did.
我和你是一伙的老爹
I’m with you pops.
我看很明显
那个男孩的说法不堪一击
It was obvious to me that the
boy’s entire story was flimsy.
他自称凶杀发生时
他在电影院里
He claimed he was at the movies
at the time of the killing
可是才一个小时后
他就记不起电影的名字
yet one hour later he couldn’t
remember what films he saw.
– 他自己说的
– 没错啊,你听到了吗?
-He claims that.
-That’s right. Did you hear that?
完全正确
That’s absolutely right.
况且没有人看见他

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!