Rotten kid!
你把心掏给他们…
You work your heart out…
好了,咱们抓紧干正事吧
Well come on, let’s get on with it.
我觉得…我觉得我们偏离主题了
I think…I think we’re
missing the point here.
这个男孩,就算他是一个污秽街区
This boy, let’s say he’s a product
of a filthy neighbourhood
和一个破碎家庭的生成品
他无法抗拒
and a broken home, he can’t help it,
但我们是在决定
他对谋杀是有罪还是清白
we’re here to decide whether
he’s guilty or innocent of murder,
而不是研究他为何
成为这个样子的原因
not to go into reasons why
he grew up this way.
他生在贫民窟
He was born in a slum.
贫民窟是犯罪分子的温床
我想这个观点不是秘密
Slums are breeding grounds for
criminals, I know as a view it’s no secret.
贫民窟泛滥对社会
构成潜在的威胁
Slum big grounds are
potential menaces to society.
你当然可以这么说了
You can say that again!
好吧,从这种地方
爬出来的孩子都是垃圾
Alright, kids who crawl out of these
places they’re nothing but trash.
嘿,我根本不在乎他们,跟你直说了
Hey, I don’t want a think in the
world to do with them, I’m telling you.
我一辈子都住在贫民窟!
I lived in a slum all my life!
我在哈莱姆医院看护“垃圾”
一周工作六个晚上
I nursed that trash in Harlem
hospital six nights a week.
嘿伙计,算了吧!
Hey, now, come on!
我曾在堆满垃圾的后院玩耍
也许现在身上还有味道!
I used to play in a backyard that was full
of garbage, maybe it still smells on me!
得了吧,你干嘛要那样…
Now, come on, why you got to go there…
– 咱们理智一点,这与个人无关…
– 当然有关系!
-Let’s be reasonable, there’s nothing personal…
-There is something personal!
好啦好啦,咱们别这么敏感
Now, now, let’s not be so sensitive.
这种敏感我能理解
This kind of sensitivity I understand.
好了,不要再吵了,这是浪费时间
Alright, let’s stop all this arguing,
it’s just wasting time.
现在轮到你了,来吧
Now, it’s your turn, let’s go.
我?我没打算加入
Me? I didn’t expect a turn.
我以为是每个人来说服我
我看是这么回事
I thought everybody was trying to convince
me, I thought that was the idea.
核对无误,我给忘了
Check, I forgot about that.
那有什么重要的?是他把我们留在这儿
咱们看看他有什么可说的
I mean, what’s the difference? He’s the one
keeping us here, let’s see what he’s got to say.
等等!我们已经决定要这样进行
咱们得按说好的办
Wait a minute! We decided we’re gonna do
this a certain way, let’s stick to what we said.
得啦,别拿我们当小孩子!
Come on, stop treating us like kids!
– 小孩子?你什么意思?
– 我都说清楚了
-Kids? What are you talking about?
-Just what I said.
什么,就因为我的组织工作?
What, just that I’m trying to
keep things organised here?
听着,你想干这个吗?你来坐在这儿!
Listen, you wanna do this?
You sit here!
你来接管责任,我就闭嘴
You take responsibility.
I’ll just shut up.
这算什么,你干嘛着急上火
你就不能冷静一点吗
What now, why’d get so hot about it man,
why don’t you just calm down up there!
别叫我冷静,椅子在这儿
你来掌管大局
Don’t tell me to calm down, here’s the chair.
You keep things runnin’ smooth ‘n’ everything.
你以为这是小菜一碟吗?
来啊,主席先生
You think it’s a snap?
Come on man Mr. Foreman,
让大家看看你的精彩表演
let’s see how great you run this show.
– 你们见过这种事吗?
– 噢,你觉得这很好笑吗?
-You ever seen a thing like that before?
-Oh you think it’s funny now, eh?
嘿,这些事都不重要
Hey, this whole thing is unimportant.
不重要?什么?你想试试吗?
It’s unimportant? What?
You wanna try it?
不,听着,你的工作很出色!
No, look, you’re doing a beautiful job!
你干得很出色!
You’re doing a beautiful job!
算了,咱们还是听谁说话吧
Come on now, let’s
hear from somebody.
对不起先生们
Excuse me jentlemen!
如果你们想听我的看法
If you would like to hear
how I feel about all of this,
我很愿意现在就告诉你们
I’d be glad to tell you right now.
我才不管你想干什么
I don’t care what you gonna do!
哦好了,他疯了,你也疯了?
Oh now, he’s mad, you mad?
我没有什么聪明的
我知道的你们都知道
I don’t have anything brilliant and
I already know what you all know.
– 只看证词的话,男孩似乎有罪
-From the testimony, the boy looks guilty.
– 这么说就对了
– 好吧,也许他有罪,可是
-You can say that again!
-Alright, now maybe he is, but,
我在法庭花了3天
听取证据积累建构
I spent 3 days in court listening
to that evidence build up and build up
而每个人似乎都很确定
我就开始产生对此案的奇怪感觉
and everyone seemed so positive, I began
to get a peculiar feeling about this case,
因为没有什么事情
是那么确定的,没有
because nothing is that positive, nothing.
我有一堆问题要问
不知道有没有价值
I had a bunch of questions I wanted to ask about all
these things, they mean anything or not I don’t know,
但我知道的是,那个律师
男孩的律师不尽职
but I do know that I felt the lawyer, the
boy’s lawyer, was not doing his job.
他对太多的事情
放任自流了,小事情
He was letting too many
things go by, little things
“小事情”是什么意思?
听着,要是这些家伙不问问题
What do you mean little things?
Look, when these guys don’t ask questions,
因为他们知道回答是什么
估计那可能带来不利后果
it’s because they know the answer and they
figure that they’ll probably get hurt by it.
是啊,可那也可能是
因为律师很蠢,不会吗?
Yeah, but it could also mean that the
lawyer is just plain stupid, couldn’t it?
看来你见过我姐夫了
Sounds like you’ve met my brother in law.
不管怎样… 我把自己
放在那男孩的位置上
Anyway… I put myself in the boy’s place.
我要是那孩子
我会另找律师
If I was that boy, I would’ve
asked for another lawyer.
就是说,要是我面临死刑的审判
I mean, if I’m on trial for my life
我会让我的律师去应对所有控方证人
把他们撕成碎片,至少试一下
I would want my lawyer to take all of the prosecution’s
witnesses and just tear them to shreds, or try.
想想啊,这起凶杀有一名目击证人
Now look, there was one
eye witness to this killing
还有个人说他听到了,然后
and someone else said that
they heard it and then
看到男孩随后跑了出去
saw the boy running out later.
另外有很多情况证据(旁证),可是
这两个证人是检方全部指控的基础
There was a lot of circumstantial evidence, but those
two witnesses where the entire case for the prosecution.
万一他们错了呢!
Suppose they were wrong!
“万一他们错了”是什么意思?
要证人是干什么用的?
What do you mean suppose they were wrong?
What’s the point of having witnesses at all?
他们不会犯错吗?
Could they be wrong?
他们宣誓才作证的
你想说什么?
They took the stand under oath!
What are you trying to say?
人非圣贤,孰能无过
Well, they’re people.
People make mistakes.
他们不可能犯错吗?
Could they be wrong?
不,我觉得不会
No, I don’t think so.
你怎么知道?
Do you know so?
没有人会知道这种事
这又不是精确的科学
Nobody could know something like that.
This isn’t an exact science.
没错,它不是
That’s right, it isn’t.
咱们回归正题吧
Let’s try to get to the point.
就说在父亲胸口发现的那把刀
Let’s take the knife they
found on the father’s chest.
等一下,你不觉得我们应该…
有些人还没机会讲话
Wait a minute! Don’t you think we ought to…
Some of the people haven’t had the chance to talk.
他们想什么时候说都可以
先让我讲两句,好吧?
They can talk anytime they want,
just gimme a second here, will you?
那把刀子如何?
What about that knife?
记得那位“良善正直”的男孩
承认在谋杀当晚买♥♥的刀子吧?
You know the one our fine, upright boy
admitted buying the night of the murder?
咱们来谈谈这个
Let’s talk about it.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!