– No, this is my purse. – There you are. Hand it over.
等等 这个钱包不是你要我拿着的吗?
Just a minute. Didn’t you give me this purse to hold?
是的 没错 这个钱包是我要他拿着的
Yes, that’s right, I did. I gave him the purse to hold.
这其中有个误会 我的钱包丢了
There’s been a mistake. I lost my purse.
我一定是误拿了你妻子的钱包
I must’ve picked up your wife’s purse by mistake.
我要他待在这里 于是我把这个钱包给他…
I wanted him to stay here, so I gave him this purse…
我去找我自己的 而我找到了
while I went to find mine. I was coming back.
– 现在都清楚了 对吗? – 不 不清楚
– Now, that’s all perfectly clear, isn’t it? – No, it isn’t.
– 她要给我解释 – 不
– She’s going to give me an explanation. – No!
亲爱的先生 如果让她解释 永远都不会弄清楚的
My dear sir, it never will be clear as long as she’s explaining it.
– 请让我走吧 – 等等
– Now please let me go. – Just a minute.
他是无辜的
He’s innocent.
现在你妻子的钱包找到了 我的钱包也找到了…
Now you have your wife’s purse, I have my purse…
路易斯会向你们解释的 一切都会没事的
and Louie will explain it all to you and everything will be all right.
请听我说 你不能以为我是故意那样做的
Please listen. You can’t think I did that intentionally.
如果我那么想 我看见你时就跑了
If I could think, I’d have run when I saw you.
请听我解释 我只是把我的钱包给你–
If you’d only let me explain. I just gave you my purse to–
你的外套撕开了
You’ve torn your coat.
我不是有意的 不是的 不是我的错
Now, I didn’t do it on purpose. That’s not right. It’s not my fault.
是我撕的 但我不是有意的 我只是拽着它
I did it, but I didn’t mean to do it. I just caught hold of your coat.
你能为我做点事吗?
Will you do something for me?
针线活?
A needle?
不 比那要简单 我们玩个游戏
No, it’s simpler than that. Let’s play a game.
什么游戏?
What?
看着 我用手遮住眼睛 然后你走开 明白了吗?
Watch. I’ll put my hand over my eyes, and then you go away. See?
然后我数到10 把手拿开…
Then I’ll count to 10, and when I take my hand down…
你就离开了 一–
you will be gone. One–
我很乐意离开 我只是想友善一点
I like that. I was only trying to be nice.
谢谢
Thank you.
等等
Just a minute!
你不能那样对我说话 然后又反悔
You can’t talk to me that way then crawl out of it.
– 我生气的时候会发疯的 – 发生了可怕的事情
– When I’m mad, I’m mad. – Something horrible has happened.
别告诉我 你自己想办法解决吧
Don’t tell me about it. Just get out of it as best you can.
请别再跟踪我 迷恋或者不迷恋 我受够了
Please stop following me around, fixation or no fixation. I’ve had enough.
– 别说话 我告诉你– – 你能不能别挤我?
– Stop talking, so I can tell you– – Will you stop crowding me?
– 我只是想告诉你 你的衣服– – 不 我并非有意
– I’m just trying to tell you, you’ve torn– – No, I didn’t.
– 如果你当时等我解释… – 不是我的外套–
– If you’d waited for my explanation… – Not my coat–
…你的外套应该还是完好的
…your coat would still be very all right.
– 你怎么回事? – 你瞧 我….
– What is the matter with you? – You see, I….
你知道你在愚弄你自己吗?
Do you realize you’re making a fool out of yourself?
你不能跟我说是我撕坏了你的外套 这是很公平的事
You can’t tell me I tore your coat. There’s such a thing as being fair.
请别用你的帽子这样做 行吗?
Will you please stop doing that with your hat?
站在那里 好吗?
Just stand there, will you?
到底怎么回事?
What in the world is going on?
– 不 请别动 – 我已经受够了
– No! Please don’t move! – I’ve had enough of this.
听我说 我们离开这里 去散步
Listen to me. Let’s get out of here. Just start walking.
现在你想散步
So now you want to walk.
我很确定我不想跟你散步
Well, I’m quite sure that I don’t want to walk with you.
我希望你意识到 你为自己制♥造♥了壮观的景象
I hope you realize that you’ve made a perfect spectacle of yourself.
你说完了吗?
Have you finished?
– 说玩了 – 谢谢
– Yes. – Thank you.
别站在那里 做点什么
Don’t just stand there. Do something.
噢 天呐 到我后面去
Oh, my goodness. Get behind me.
– 我在你后面 – 靠近些
– I am behind you. – Get closer.
不能再近了 好了吗? 冷静点 先迈左脚
I can’t get any closer. Are you ready? Be calm. Left foot first.
– 直接出门 – 我得见个人 他在那里
– Go straight out the door. – I have to meet someone here. There he is.
你胆敢离开我
Don’t you dare leave me.
我马上来 先生
I’ll be with you in a minute, sir.
这很重要 我得见这个人 向他解释发生的事情…
It’s very important that I meet this man to explain to him what happened…
虽然我见到他后 不知道该怎么说
although if I saw him, I wouldn’t know what to say.
很简单
It’s perfectly simple.
告诉他 你遇到了一个熟人 被耽搁了
Tell him you met someone you knew and were detained.
我可以想象跟皮伯蒂先生解释我们离开丽池酒店时的画面
I can picture myself explaining our exit from the Ritz Plaza to Mr. Peabody.
你想见的人不会是布皮吧?
It’s not Boopie that you’re trying to see?
不是 他叫皮伯蒂
No. His name’s Peabody.
亚历山大·皮伯蒂 那正是布皮 我跟他很熟
Alexander Peabody. But that’s Boopie, and I know him well.
我今晚要跟他吃晚饭 我叫他做什么 他都会答应的
I was going to have supper with him tonight. He’ll do anything I ask.
– 我们到丽池酒店找他 – 我最好一个人去
– Let’s go to the Ritz and catch him. – I’d better go there alone.
如果在那儿错过了他 我们就到里佛戴尔去
If we miss him there, we’ll go out to Riverdale. There you are.
– 我没有那么多时间 – 里佛戴尔只有半个小时的路程
– I couldn’t spend that much time. – Riverdale’s only half an hour away.
是的 但我必须到卡内基大厅 去会见斯瓦露小姐
Yes, but I have to go to Carnegie Hall to meet Miss Swallow.
– 斯瓦露小姐? – 是的 我跟斯瓦露小姐订婚了
– Miss Swallow? – Yes. I’m engaged to Miss Swallow.
订婚? 结婚?
Engaged to be married?
– 是的 – 真好
– That’s right. – That’s nice.
– 那么她不会介意等待的 对吗? – 我不想–
– Then she won’t mind waiting, will she? – I wouldn’t like to–
如果我跟你订婚 我不会介意等待的
If I were engaged to you, I wouldn’t mind waiting at all.
– 我会永远等待 – 但那样做不对
– I’d wait for ever. – But it wouldn’t be right.
– 我终于还是把你送到这儿了 对吗? – 是的
– I finally got you here, didn’t I? – Yes.
苏珊 里佛戴尔的房♥子 是不是都是一样的?
Susan, do they build all the houses in Riverdale alike?
我想不是的 干嘛?
I don’t think so. Why?
因为如果不是 在过去一个小时里 我们已经路过这座房♥子六次了
Because if they don’t, we’ve passed this one six times in the last hour.
但是清爽的夜晚多适合开车兜风啊 来吧
But it was such a lovely night for a drive. Come on.
噢 天呐
Oh, dear.
没有开灯 皮伯蒂先生一定睡觉了
There aren’t any lights. Mr. Peabody must have gone to bed.
不 他不会这么早睡觉的 还很早
No, he couldn’t have gone to bed this soon. It’s early.
如果他们发现要见的人是你 他们会把头藏起来的
If they expected you, they could, with the covers over their heads.
如果你再唠叨 我就没法帮你跟布皮见面了
If you don’t stop nagging, I won’t help you arrange matters with Boopie.
我总觉得 如果你不帮忙会更好
I’ve a feeling it might be better if you didn’t.
– 为什么? – 我想我们不该这么做 苏珊
– Why? – I don’t think we ought to do this, Susan.
如果吵醒他 他会发怒的
If we wake him up, he’ll be irritable.
我不知道有没有用 但我知道布皮在哪儿睡觉
I don’t think it’s gonna work, but I know where Boopie sleeps.
你不能爬男人卧室的窗户
You can’t climb in a man’s bedroom window.
我知道 它是在二楼
I know. It’s on the second floor.
拜托 现在太晚了 不能吵醒他
Please, it’s too late now. You can’t wake him up.
不能吗?
Can’t I?
你干什么?
What are you doing?
– 卵石 – 做什么?
– Pebbles. – What for?
如果你朝窗户扔卵石 人们会以为是下冰雹…
If you throw pebbles against a window, people think it’s hail…
然后他们会起来关窗户
and then they come and close the window.
我知道我们现在应该走 但不知为何我走不了
I know we ought to go now, but somehow I can’t move.
我想它们不够大
I guess they weren’t big enough.
为什么不….
Why not….
干嘛?
What?
– 这里有一大块 – 等等
– Here’s a pip. – Just a minute!
老天呐 快离开这儿
Jeepers! Let’s get out of here.
别担心 一切都会没事的
Don’t worry, everything’s going to be all right.
明天 等布皮冷静了 我们一起去找他
Tomorrow, when Boopie’s calmed down, we’ll go and see him together.
等一等 不要以为我对你做的事情不感激–
Now, just a moment. Don’t think that I don’t appreciate all you’ve done–
这没什么 戴维–
It was nothing, David–
等等 但一个人的忍♥耐是有限度的
Just a moment. But there are limits to what a man can bear.
何况 明天下午我就要结婚了
Besides, tomorrow afternoon I’m going to get married.
为什么?
What for?
因为…. 不管怎样 我要结婚了 别妨碍我
Because…. Anyway, I’m going to get married, and don’t interrupt.
我未来的妻子 一直认为我是个高尚的人
Now, my future wife has always regarded me as a man of some dignity.
个人来说 我也认为自己有点高尚
Privately, I’m convinced that I have some dignity.
不是我不喜欢你 苏珊…
Now, it isn’t that I don’t like you, Susan…
因为毕竟 在安宁的某刻 我奇怪地被你吸引住了…
because after all, in moments of quiet, I’m strangely drawn towards you…
但我们却总是不得安宁
but there haven’t been any quiet moments.
我们的关系自始至终…
Our relationship has been a series of misadventures…
都是一系列不幸的遭遇
from beginning to end.
所以 如果你不介意 我会一个人徒手去见皮伯蒂先生
So if you don’t mind, I’ll see Mr. Peabody alone and unarmed.
不带我?
Without me?
是的 不带你 绝对不带你
Yes, without you, and definitely without you.
苏珊 我要说晚安了
Now, Susan, I’m going to say goodnight.
希望不要再见到你 晚安
And I hope that I never set eyes on you again. Goodnight.
是的 我确实看见皮伯蒂先生了 但我没见他
Yes, I did see Mr. Peabody, but I didn’t see him.
是的 我真的没见他
That is, I didn’t see him really.
是的 我跟他说过两次话 但没跟他交谈
Yes, I spoke to him twice, but I didn’t talk to him.
但是我不明白 你到底有没有见到他?
But I don’t understand. Did you see him or didn’t you?
不 我不知道
No, I don’t know.
我怎么知道? 因为….

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!