Yes, I know that–
苏珊 放下电♥话♥好吗?
Susan, will you please get off the phone?
戴维 是关于猎豹的 他非常吵闹
David, it’s about the leopard. He’s making the most terrific rumpus.
– 他饿了 我们得给他喂食 – 我无能为力
– He’s hungry. We’ve got to feed him. – I can’t help that.
什么 亲爱的艾丽丝? 不 是有人在占线
What, Alice, dear? No, it’s somebody on the line.
– 安静 苏珊 – 你得去帮忙 这不能等
– Keep quiet, Susan. – You’ve got to help. This can’t wait.
如果这屋里有人听见他的声音…
If the people in this house hear him…
他们会以为发生可怕的事情
they’ll think something terrible has happened.
苏珊 放下电♥话♥ 拜托…. 喂 艾丽丝
Susan, get off the line, please…. Hello, Alice.
什么? 我不知道现在几点钟
What? I don’t know what time it is!
当你听到咚声 时间是7点37分15秒
When you hear the tone, the time will be 7:37 and one quarter.
苏珊 拜托
Susan, please!
艾丽丝 我听不见你说话
Alice, I can’t hear you.
当你听到咚声 时间是7点40分
When you hear the tone, the time will be 7:40.
当你听到咚声 时间是7点40分30秒
When you hear the tone, the time will be 7:40 and one half.
当你听到咚声 时间是7点41分
When you hear the tone, the time will be 7:41.
对不起 现在是8点10分
Pardon me. The time is 8:10.
当你听到咚声 时间是–
When you hear the tone, the time will be–
不 我的手表显示是8点10分15秒
No. My watch shows 8:10 and a quarter.
你是谁?
Who are you?
我是谁? 我是8点10分…. 我是霍勒斯·艾普里盖少校
Who am I? I’m 8:10…. I’m Major Horace Applegate.
– 你想干什么? – 兰德姆夫人邀请我来吃晚餐
– What do you want? – Mrs. Random invited me for dinner.
请你帮我问问 她是不是还想邀请我?
Would you please find out if she still wants me?
她挂断了电♥话♥
She’s hung up.
我也挂在这儿了
Oh. So am I.
霍勒斯 你在做什么? 你是要进来还是出去?
Why, Horace, what are you doing? Are you coming in or going out?
他要进来吃晚餐
He’s coming in to dinner.
– 你好 我是苏珊·万斯 – 你好 苏珊小姐
– How do you do? I’m Susan Vance. – How do you do, Miss Susan?
– 你好 伊丽莎白 – 你的体型过大 从门口进不来
– Hello, Elizabeth. – You’re much too big to swing on gates.
– 我也发现了 – 苏珊 你去哪儿?
– I found that out. – Susan, where are you going?
我出去
I’m just going out.
你应该看着乔治 不要老打电♥话♥….
You should be watching George, not playing with telephones….
对不起
Excuse me.
乔治在我房♥里很快睡着了
George is fast asleep in my room.
过来 年轻人 别害怕
Now come here, young man, and don’t be afraid.
– 你穿这衣服看起来好多了 – 谢谢
– You look much better in those clothes. – Thank you.
来见见骨头先生
I want you to meet Mr. Bone.
– 你好 骨头先生 – 你好 骨头先生
– How do you do, Mr. Bone? – How do you do, Mr. Bone?
不 你是骨头先生 这是艾普里盖少校
No. You’re Mr. Bone. This is Major Applegate.
是的 我是艾普里盖少校 至少我确信我是的
Yes, I’m Major Applegate. At least, I’m pretty sure I am.
今天早上我还是呢
That is, I was this morning.
一定弄错了
There must be some mistake.
没弄错 我已经认识艾普里盖少校20年了 对吗 霍勒斯?
No mistake. I’ve known Major Applegate for 20 years. Haven’t I, Horace?
确切来说 是22年 伊丽莎白
Twenty-two, to be exact, I think, Elizabeth.
很长时间了–
It was long about–
请原谅 你好 艾普里盖先生
Excuse me. How do you do, Mr. Applegate?
再次问好 谢谢
How do you do again. Thank you.
– 骨头先生 我们去散步 – 我想解释一下–
– Now, Mr. Bone, we’ll go for a walk. – I’d like to explain–
– 你不必解释 – 没关系 我明白
– You don’t need to. – That’s all right. I understand.
再见 艾普里盖少校…. 骨头先生
Goodbye, Major Applegate…. Mr. Bone.
很奇怪的年轻人 是吗? 他遭受什么疾病了吗?
Strange young man, isn’t he? Is he suffering from something?
他神经崩溃了
He’s had a nervous breakdown.
– 过去还是现在? – 过去
– Had or has? – Had.
所以他脑子有点…. 你知道
It’s left him sort of…. You know.
真可惜 这么年轻
My, my, what a pity. And so young, too.
问题是 苏珊好像也有这倾向
The trouble is, Susan seems to be showing the same tendencies.
是吗? 那你没事吧?
Is that so? You’re all right, though?
– 但愿如此 喝酒吧 – 谢谢
– I hope so. Have a drink. – Thank you.
由于这个年轻人的关系
Conversation at dinner may be a trifle difficult…
晚餐上的谈话可能会比较困难
on account of this young man,
所以我希望你帮帮他
so I want you to draw him out.
我不明白你的意思
I don’t know what you mean.
谈些他明白的事情 比如大型打猎比赛
Talk about something he understands. Big-game hunting, for instance.
– 他像你一样也是猎人 – 此话当真?
– He’s a hunter like yourself. – You don’t say.
那么 伊丽莎白 你找对人了
Then, Elizabeth, you’ve come to the right man.
他吃饱了 我想他现在会安静了
There. He’s fed. Now I’m sure he’s going to be quiet.
走吧 我们去吃晚餐
Come on, let’s go in to dinner.
怎么啦? 你干嘛坐在这里?
What’s the matter? Why are you just sitting there?
我只想弄明白 我怎么会卷入这些事情的
I’m just trying to figure out how I ever got mixed up in all this.
“骨头先生” 是不是很有趣?
“Mr. Bone.” Isn’t that amazing?
是你叫我别把你的真名告诉伊丽莎白姑妈的
You told me not to tell Aunt Elizabeth what your real name was.
可我也没叫你去编一个像”骨头”这样的名字呀
I didn’t tell you to think up a name like Bone.
乔治 待那儿别动 乔治
George. Stay there, George.
快走 快离开这儿
Come on, quickly! Get out of here!
– 关门 – 怎么了?
– Shut the door. – What’s the matter?
你是否想过 如果宝贝和乔治在一起会怎样?
Did you ever think what would happen if Baby and George got together?
– 他们可能会喜欢对方的 – 如果不是呢?
– They’d probably like each other. – And if they didn’t?
– 宝贝会吃了乔治 – 我就是这个意思
– Baby would eat George. – That’s what I mean.
它就在我前面
There it was, straight before me,
杀生之前像老虎一样蹲伏着
crouching as tigers do before the kill.
但是我早就有所准备
But I was ready for him.
我装入子弹 然后瞄准 正好打中它的两眼之间
I drew a bead, leveled away and caught him right between the eyes.
天呐 这真是一段惊险刺♥激♥的经历…
My, it certainly was a thrilling experience…
我想你们都会同意的…
as I’m sure you’ll all agree…
对吗 骨头先生?
or do you, Mr. Bone?
你去过…. 请原谅 抱歉
Have you ever been…. Pardon me. So sorry.
你去过阿♥拉♥伯半岛吗 骨头先生?
Have you ever been in Arabia, Mr. Bone?
我说 “你去过阿♥拉♥伯半岛吗?”
I said, “Have you ever been in Arabia?”
没有
No.
我想你大部分时间都待在非洲?
I suppose you’ve spent most of your time in Africa?
没有
No.
– 或许是西♥藏♥? – 没有
– Tibet, perhaps? – No.
– 马来半岛? – 失陪了
– Malay Peninsula, perchance? – Excuse me.
至少那令他起身活动了
At least that got a rise out of him.
知道吗 你不该提起马来半岛的
You see, you shouldn’t have mentioned the Malay Peninsula.
他在那里被一只老虎抓伤了 他不想谈起这件事
He was horribly clawed there by a tiger. He doesn’t like talking about it.
我有个运枪的人 曾经也被老虎抓伤过
I had a gun bearer once who was clawed by a tiger.
他…. 可怜的….
He…. The poor….
我正告诉艾普里盖少校…
I was just telling Major Applegate that you were…
你在马来半岛被老虎抓伤过
clawed by a tiger in the Malay Peninsula.
我从没去过那儿
I’ve never been there.
你从没…. 好吧 没关系
You’ve never…. Well, no matter.
你猎捕老虎的时候用什么枪 骨头先生?
What type of gun do you use in hunting tigers, Mr. Bone?
我用的是大口径的手动毛瑟枪
I personally use a bolt-action Mauser with a very large bore.
失陪了
Excuse me.
苏珊 想象一下吃晚餐的时候…
Susan, imagine giving a dinner party with your husband…
你丈夫像哈姆雷特的鬼魂一样 时隐时现
stalking like Hamlet’s ghost all through the meal.
给我一点耐心
Give me patience.
不 这太过分了 我受不了
No, this is too much. I can’t stand it.
你不在的时候 我们正在谈丛林 骨头先生
We were talking about the jungle while you were away, Mr. Bone.
– 我的汤没了 – 汤冷了
– My soup is gone. – It was cold.
挖土坑 怪罪无辜的狗
Digging trenches. Blaming it on an innocent dog.
只是一堆胡言乱语
Nothing but a heap of nonsense.
足够让一个人疯掉
Enough to drive a man crazy.
然后他们说 “远离酒瓶 不要喝酒”
And then they say, “Keep away from the bottle. Don’t drink.”
不 酒精无法用来稳定神经
No, not even a wee drop to steady a man’s nerves.
如果再发生什么事 我就辞职
If one more thing happens, I’ll quit.
阿洛依修斯·高格蒂先生去哪里 阿洛依修斯·高格蒂太太也跟着去哪里
And where Aloysius Gogarty goes, Mrs. Aloysius Gogarty goes, too.
一名博士追一只狗
A doctor chasing after a dog!
描绘一下
Just picture it.
深邃的丛林 神秘的静谧…
A vast, mysterious silence vibrant with life…
夜晚的奇声怪叫
strange cries in the night.
天呐 那是什么声音?
Good gracious, what was that?
是只潜鸟 伊丽莎白
That was a loon, Elizabeth.
潜鸟 潜-水-的-鸟 是的
Loon. L-O-O-N, yes.
一旦你的身体中流淌着丛林之血
Once you’ve got the jungle in your blood,
我就没法让它消失了
I wouldn’t be able to keep you out of it.
– 苏珊 你听到了吗? – 我什么都没听到
– Susan, did you hear that? – I didn’t hear a thing.
– 没听到? – 你确定那是潜鸟吗?
– You didn’t? – Are you quite sure that was a loon?
是的 千真万确 我听过很多潜鸟叫
Yes, indeed. I’ve heard many a loon.
如果这里有潜鸟 那就是潜鸟

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!