See…
知道吗…
In all our searching…
在我们寻找当中…
the only thing we’ve found that makes the emptiness bearable…
发现人的接触才会令人空虚…
is each other.
变得可以忍♥受
What happens now?
现在怎么办?
Now?
现在?
You go home.
你回去
Home?
回去?
But I have so many questions.
但是我还有许多问题
Do we get to come back?
我们要回地球吗?
This was just a first step.
这只是第一步
In time, you’ll take another.
合适时 你会走下一步
But other people need to see what I’ve seen…
其他人要看我所看见的…
This is the way it’s been done for billions of years.
几亿年来一直是这样的
But I… Small moves, Ellie.
但是我… 要有耐心 艾丽
Small moves.
要有耐心
We’ve got video on Ellie. Five-by-five.
有艾丽的影像了 很清晰
She’s through! She is in the net.
她穿过了 落在网中
She’s alive. Get the White House. Get the president on the phone.
她活着 接通白宫 给总统电♥话♥
What’s going on, Steve? How is she? How is she?
怎么了 史蒂夫? 她怎样呢? 她怎样呢?
Ellie, this is Control. Do you copy?
艾丽 这里是控制室 能听到吗?
What’s going on? I don’t know. Hang on.
发生什么事? 不知道 等会再说
She is alive. Put her on the PA.
她还活着 接通她的耳机
Ellie, just hold on tight.
艾丽 你先静候着
We’re still trying to determine the nature of the malfunction…
我们仍设法找出失控的原因…
but the important thing is you’re okay.
但你没事才是最要的
What?
什么?
It’s all right, Ellie. The important thing is that you’re safe.
没事了 艾丽 重要的是你安全
What malfunction?
什么失控?
What…?
什么…?
What happened?
发生什么事?
What day is this?
今天几号♥?
I’m sorry, Ellie, did you say what day?
对不起 艾丽 你说今天几号♥?
How long was I gone?
我去了多久?
Ellie, the IPV dropped straight through the Machine.
艾丽 那吊舱直掉下来
You didn’t go anywhere.
你哪里也没有去
But I did. I did go.
但我有 我有去的
That’s what I’ve been trying to tell everyone.
我一直想对你们说
But the headset didn’t record a single image?
但没有录下影像?
Just this. Static.
只有这些 静电
Thank you.
谢谢
Now, doctor, let me show you what we saw.
博士 这是我们看见的
Forty-three separate remote cameras show exactly the same event.
43部遥控摄影机均是这样
The IPV dropped straight through.
那吊舱掉下来
Everyone who watched saw exactly the same thing.
各人所见的亦是一样
Nothing happened.
什么事也没发生
How do you explain this, doctor?
你如何解释呢 博士?
I can’t.
我无法解释
I would encourage you…
我促请公众…
not to inflame this situation beyond the facts.
不要对情况火上加油 胡乱臆测
Let us deal with this on the facts.
让我们要面对事实
We are monitoring what has actually happened.
我们正在追查事情的真♥相♥
We are taking what we believe is factually appropriate steps.
正在采取我们相信是正确的步骤
Amid a flurry of accusations and counter-accusations…
在代表机器集团各国的…
by the nations representing the Machine Consortium…
指责和反指责中…
the president has ordered a special inquiry.
总统下令展开特别调查
However, the appointment to the committee of Michael Kitz…
然而 担任命杰米高的委员会…
who has recently resigned as National Security Advisor…
杰 最近辞去国♥家♥安♥全♥顾问一职…
has raised a number of eyebrows on Capitol Hill.
引起国会不少人♥质♥疑
I have made no decision to run for Congress, I have announced no candidacy.
我无意竞逐国会议席 我没有参选
The fact that I resigned as National Security Advisor…
我辞去国♥家♥安♥全♥顾问一职 …
has nothing to do with anything…
并无蹊跷之处…
other than I want to devote all of my energy to this inquiry.
是要把精力全放在这次调查之上
The people of the world have a right to know what really happened.
世人有权知道究竟发生什么事
And yet every scientific instrument confirms…
但科学机关证实…
the IPV was out of contact for only a fraction of a second.
吊舱失去联络只是一瞬间
Isn’t that correct, doctor?
对吗 博士?
A fraction of a second Earth time, yes.
是地球上的瞬间 是的
Earth time?
地球时间?
Senator, I believe that the Machine opened up a wormhole…
参议员 我相信机器开辟了虫洞隧♥道♥…
a tunnel through the fabric of space-time, also known as an Einstein-Rosen Bridge.
时空交织的隧♥道♥ 也称”爱因斯坦-罗森桥”
Now, because of the effects of general relativity, what I experienced as 18 hours…
我经历十八小时的太空时间 如同相对论所述的…
passed instantaneously on Earth.
在地球上只有瞬间
Isn’t it true that these wormholes you speak of are merely theoretical predictions?
虫洞隧♥道♥是不是只是理论的推断?
There is no evidence they actually exist, is there?
没有证据证实它们真的存在
There is no direct evidence, no.
没有真凭实据
Tell me something, doctor…
告诉我一件事 博士…
why do you think these aliens would go to all this trouble?
为何这些外星人♥大♥费周章?
Bring you tens of thousands of light years and then send you home without proof?
带你穿过几十光年后 空手送你回来却不给你任何证据?
They said that’s how it’s been done for billions of years.
他们说几亿年来都是这样的
That’s very neat. You have no proof because they didn’t want you to have any.
回答得真干脆 你没证据 因为他们不想你有
A phenomenon known in psychiatric circles, I believe, as a self-reinforcing delusion.
你经历的是自我增强的幻觉
Is that what you think? Delusional?
你认为我是幻想?
Well, I do think you may have suffered some kind of an episode. Yeah, I do.
我认为你有短暂的精神病
Doctor, I’d like to propose an alternate hypothesis…
博士 我想提出另一个假设…
and I’d like you to bring your scientific expertise to bear on it.
想听你的科学专业意见
To fake a signal from Vega…
如果要假装从织女星传来讯号♥…
what would you need?
我们需要些什么呢?
You would need a satellite to transmit the signal, but it would be impossible to…
你要有卫星传送讯号♥ 但不可能…
You’d need a satellite and need launch capabilities to put the satellite into orbit.
你需要卫星及发射能力将它送进轨道
And the message itself. To put something like this together…
信息本身 要伪造这样的信息…
so complex, drawing on many disciplines…
这么复杂 这么多科学的绘图…
Would be impossible. Impossible?
会是不可能的 不可能?
Impossible?
不可能?
Is there anyone who might have been up to the challenge?
是否有人可以这样做呢?
Someone with extraordinary technical expertise…
一个有杰出技术的专长…
enormous financial resources…
巨大的财政能力…
someone perverse enough, eccentric enough to come up with the idea?
一个足够不正经 足够古怪的人 来想出这个主意?
Hadden?
海顿?
S. R. Hadden.
SR 海顿
You’re implying that this was all some kind of a hoax?
你暗示这是恶作剧?
That he engineered this?
是他策动的?
S. R. Hadden…
SR 海顿…
a legendary power broker and manipulator in perhaps his final bid for immortality.
一个传奇人物 政客 为了实现其不朽的最后谢幕
Maybe he wanted to explore and exploit new technologies…
他许他想探索及利用新技术…
and get the governments to pick up the tab.
却想要各国政♥府♥买♥♥单
Perhaps this was his final altruistic gesture…
也许这是他最后的利他主义壮举…
to unite the world in some common goal. Maybe all of the above.
也许他想为了什么目的要联合各国 也许为了这些全部目的
S. R. Hadden, a brilliant and complicated man.
海顿是个聪明而复杂的人
Doctor, are you familiar with the scientific precept…
博士 你是否熟悉一个科学理论…
known as Occam’s razor?
名为奥坎氏剃刀理论?
Yes.
知道
It means that all things being equal…
意思是越简单越合理…
the simplest explanation tends to be the right one.
“最简单的解释往往是正确的”
Exactly.
正确
Now, you tell me. What is more likely here?
你来说 哪一个解释更有可能?
That a message from aliens results in a magical machine…
外星人的信息导致了神奇的机器…
that whisks you away to the center of the galaxy…
把你弄到银河系的中♥央♥…
to go windsurfing with your dad and a split second later…
和你♥爸♥爸玩滑浪风帆 瞬间…
returns you home without a single shred of proof?
你回到地球 却没有丝毫的证据?
Or that your experience is the result of being…
还是 你的经历只是…
the unwitting star in the farewell performance of one S.R. Hadden?
一场临别恶作剧表演中的无辜明星 SR 海顿?
A man with the means, motive and opportunity to play you and the rest of us…
一个有方法及动机戏弄你和我们的人…
as pawns in the biggest, most elaborate, most expensive hoax of all time?
他搞出了这桩史上 最大 最精致 最昂贵的恶作剧
Dr. Arroway.
雅博士
You come to us with no evidence, no record…
你回来时没有证据 记录…
no artifacts.
没有外来物质
Only a story that, to put it mildly, strains credibility.
只有缺乏可靠性的故事
Over half a trillion dollars were spent.
花费超过半兆亿元
Dozens of lives were lost.
数十人送命

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!