还有那些剪报要怎么办呢? 这是个理想的机会
And what about those clippings? It’s an ideal opportunity.
是呀 我可是喜欢 你们去做乐
Well, I like that. You two go gallivanting…
而我待在家里 弄那些乏味的剪报
while I stay home and do those boring clippings.
-那好 我们就不去吧 -这话怎么讲
-Very well. We won’t go. -What do you mean?
那很显然 如果你不愿意我们今晚出去
It’s obvious you don’t want us to go, so we won’t.
我们就留下来陪你
We’ll stay here with you.
我们玩牌吧
What shall we do, play cards?
东尼 亲爱的
Tony, darling…
我最好打电♥话♥去说我们不去了
I’ll call the Grendon and tell them we’re not coming.
东尼 拜托 别那么孩子气嘛
Tony, please, let’s not be childish about this.
好嘛 我整理你的剪报就是
All right, I’ll do your old press clippings.
如果你不想 你不用去整理
You don’t have to if you don’t want to, you know.
可是我想要整理嘛
But I do want to.
我想我去叫计程车
I think I’ll try and scare up a taxi.
咱们有浆糊吗?
Have we any paste?
有的 在书桌上有一些
Yes, there’s some in the desk, I believe.
-你需要一把剪刀 -就在我针线盒里
-You need some scissors. -They’re in my mending basket.
我的皮包
Hey, you leave my bag alone.
-你要多少? -我们看看你有多少钱
-How much do you need? -Let’s see how much you’ve got.
-放手 -反正你还欠我十先令呢
-You put that down. -You owe me 10 bob anyway.
-干嘛的 -我给佩姬…
-Why? -I paid that package…
礼盒的钱 谢她帮我们理家的
you sent Peggy. That comes out of housekeeping.
我来拿 现在把你的手拿开
Let me get it, then. Keep your hands off.
现在 你要多少钱?
There, now. How much do you want?
我有3 5 7和6便士
I’ve got 3, 5, 7 and a sixpence.
-够付来回的车钱了 -但你还是带些钱去
-It ought to get us there and back. -But you’d better take something.
-晚餐多少钱 -已经给了 连小费在内
-How much are dinner tickets? -Paid for, tip included.
要是我钱不够 马克可以付的
If I run short, Mark will help out.
计程车来了
Taxi’s here.
东尼 你还算什么呢?
Tony, what are you waiting for?
-没什么 亲爱的 -玛歌♥ 再见
-Nothing, dear. -Good night, Margot.
你们什么时候回家呢?
What time will you get home?
我想大约十二点 我会带马克回来喝一杯的
About 12. I’ll bring Mark back for a nightcap.
-你会醒着吗 -我会睡得很沉的
-Will you be up? -I shall be fast asleep
-我可不要被吵 -我们会跟老鼠一样安静
-and I don’t want to be disturbed. -We shall be quiet.
-再见… -再见
-Good night. -Good night.
-玛歌♥ -在
-Margot. -Yes.
很可能柏吉斯那老头会来电♥话♥
You know it’s possible old man Burgess might call.
你告诉他我们在得伦顿饭店 可能有重要的事
Tell him we’re at the Grendon. It may be important.
-电♥话♥号♥码呢 -在本子上
-What’s the number? -It’s in the book.
好的
All right.
再见 亲爱的
Goodbye, dear.
走吧 马克
All right, Mark.
我是住在达特摩的托贝饭店 你知道达特摩吗?
I’m staying at the Torbay Hotel. You know the hotel in Dartmoor?
托贝饭店并不就在达特摩 而是在那一地区
Well, it’s not exactly in Dartmoor, but sort of in the district.
反正你明白 这故事的重点是那是涉及到达特摩监狱的
Anyway, the whole point of this story is that it concerns Dartmoor Prison.
总之 我还是住了托贝饭店 然后一天去了饭店酒吧
I was staying at the Torbay Hotel, as I was saying, I went to the bar…
所以我就转对那家伙说 你愿意加入我们吗?
I turned to him and said, “What are you doing here?”
还说…我是推销员
He says, “I’m a commercial traveler.
我卖♥♥农业机械…
I sell agricultural machinery.” I said…
容我插嘴 那有正确时刻?
Would any of you fellows have the right time?
有 我有…十一点过七分
Yes, I have seven minutes past 11.
-我的表是刚过十一点 -我的表停了
-I make it only just after 11. -My watch has stopped.
-我一定是上太紧了 -所以 就如我所说的…
-I must have overwound it. -As I was saying…
抱歉 老兄 我得给老板打电♥话♥
Excuse me, old boy. I have to call my boss.
农业机械…
Agricultural machinery…
哈啰?
Hello.
哈啰?
Hello?
哈啰?
Hello?
哈啰?
Hello?
哈啰?
Hello?
哈啰?
Hello?
哈啰?
Hello?
去报♥警♥ 快点 报♥警♥
Get the police. Quickly. Police.
-玛歌♥ -是那位?
-Margot? -Who’s there?
亲爱的 是我啊
Darling, it’s me.
东尼 东尼 感谢上帝
Oh, Tony. Tony, thank God.
立刻回来
Come back at once.
-怎么回事呀? -我现在没有办法说清楚
-What’s the matter? -I can’t explain now.
-请赶快回来 -亲爱的 别慌张
-Come quickly, please. -Darling, pull yourself together.
-怎么回事? -一个男人攻击我
-What is it? -A man attacked me.
-想要勒死我 -他逃走了没有?
-Tried to strangle me. -Did he get away?
没有 他死了
No. He’s dead.
东尼 你还在听吗?
Tony, are you still there?
-玛歌♥ -怎样?
-Margot. -Yes?
现在 留心听我说
Now, listen very carefully.
好的 我正在听
Yes. I’m listening.
别碰任何东西 我马上就回去
Don’t touch anything. I’ll be with you right away.
-好的 我不会碰任何东西的 -别碰任何东西
-No. No, I won’t. -Don’t touch anything…
也别跟谁说什么 等我回来再说
and don’t speak to anybody until I get there.
好的 我不碰任何东西的
No, I won’t touch anything.
-你保证? -是的 我保证
-You promise? -Yes, I promise.
只是请快回来
Tony, please be quick.
我就坐在同一个吧台上
I’m sitting at the same bar,
我看到同一个人也在不远
and I see the same man standing at the end of the…
而他向我走过来并且说…
He came to me and said…
不…请坐下 我得先告辞了
No, do sit down. I have to run along.
是玛歌♥ 她觉得不太舒服
Margot’s not feeling too well.
-严重吗 -没什么严重的
-Serious? -Nothing serious.
-你留下 -我跟你去
-You stay and enjoy yourself. -I’ll come.
不用 没有关系
No. It’s perfectly all right.
他买♥♥了干马提尼酒
with which he was buying me dry martinis…
东尼…
Tony! Oh, Tony.
别怕 亲爱的 别怕 发生什么事了?
It’s all right, darling. It’s all right. What happened?
他围了什么在我颈子上要勒死我
He put something around my throat.
-我觉得像是丝♥袜♥ -真的吗? 让我看看
-It felt like a stocking. -Are you sure? Let me see.
我起来接电♥话♥ 而他从窗簾后面走了出来
I got up to answer the phone, and he came from behind the curtain
并且想要把我勒死
and tried to strangle me.
我几乎昏了过去 我…
I almost passed out.
我摸到了剪刀刺了他…
I felt the scissors in my hands…
他就放开我倒到地板上了
and then he let go suddenly, and he fell on the floor.
没有流什么血呀
There’s hardly any blood.
当他倒下时 他一定…
When he fell, he must have…
-你在干嘛呀 -找我的…
-What are you doing? -I’m trying to find my…
找到了 我的阿斯匹灵
Here they are, my aspirin.
我头疼得要命
I’ve got such an awful head…
怎么了?
What is it?
我最好去拿床毯子来
I’d better get a blanket.
请把窗户给关上
Shut the window, please.
不行 在警♥察♥来之前 我们什么都不能碰
No. We mustn’t touch anything until the police arrive.
他偷偷进来 我不知道他是来干嘛的
He must’ve broken in. I wonder what he was after.
-我怀疑是那些奖杯 -警♥察♥什么时候会到这呢?
-Those cups, I expect. -When will the police get here?
-你已经通知他们了 -没有
-Have you called them already? -No.
你告诉我别跟任何人说话的
You told me not to speak to anyone.
你现在最好给他们打电♥话♥吧
Hadn’t you better call them now?
是的
Yes.
-马克呢 -我叫他直接回家去
-Where’s Mark? -I told him to go straight home.
-接线生 -接线生
-Operator. -Hello, operator…
-请快接梅维区警♥察♥分局 -你有告诉他吗
-get me the Maida Vale Police. -Did you tell him?
我不知道发生了什么 我只说你不舒服
I didn’t know what had happened. I said that you weren’t well.
梅维区警分局
Maida Vale Police.
警分局 有件恐怖的意外
Police? There’s been a ghastly accident.
-是的 先生 -有人被杀死了
-Yes, sir? -A man has been killed.
-贵姓? 先生 -温地斯
-Your name, sir? -Wendice.
-是两个S吗 -不 是DICE
-Is that a double S? -No, D-l-C-E.
CE 你的地址呢? 先生
“C-E.” Your address, sir?
嘉伦顿公园路61A 一楼公♥寓♥
61 A Charrington Gardens, Ground-floor apartment.
-是一件意外事件吗? -我也不知道
-Was it an accident? -I don’t know.
先生 你说不知道是什么意思?
What do you mean, you don’t know?
你想他是被什么人杀死的?
Do you think he might have been killed by someone?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!