要来一根雪茄吗
Will you have a cigar?
不用了 谢谢 医生
No, thank you, Doctor.
有什么能为你效劳的
Is there anything I can do for you?
你有什么提议吗
What did you have in mind?
多德先生 你到底是什么人 你从哪里来
Mr. Dowd, what kind of a man are you? Where do you come from?
我没有给你名片吗
Didn’t I give you one of my cards?
在这陈腐又古老的地球上
And where on the face of this tired old earth
你是如何发现他的
did you find a thing like him?
你是指哈维 那个精灵
You mean Harvey, the pooka?
是啊 今晚你跟我说的都是真的
Yes, it’s true, the things you told me tonight.
-我现在知道了 -是啊 是啊
– I know it now. – Yeah, yeah.
哈维有些地方很有意思
Yes, Harvey has several very interesting facets.
我跟你说过梅塞希尼太太吗
Did I tell you about Mrs. McElhinney?
没有
No.
她住在我们隔壁 是个很棒的女人
She lives right next door to us. Wonderful woman.
哈维昨天晚上跟我说
Harvey told me last night that Mrs. McElhinney’s Aunt Rose
梅塞希尼太太的姑妈萝丝
was going to drop in on her unexpectedly
今天早上会突然从克利夫兰来拜访她
this morning from Cleveland.
那她有吗
And did she?
她有什么
Did she what?
萝丝姑妈 她来了吗 就像哈维说的那样
Aunt Rose. Did she come, just as Harvey said she would?
是的是的
Oh, yes, yes.
这种事经常发生
Yes, these things always work out
哈维说了就会发生
just the way Harvey says they will.
他真是万能的
He’s very, very versatile.
我告诉过你他能停住时间吗
Did I tell you he could stop clocks?
为了什么目的呢
To what purpose?
你应该听过俗语说 他的脸丑得能让时间凝固
You’ve heard the expression, “His face would stop a clock.”
哈维可以看着你的钟让它停下
Well, Harvey can look at your clock and stop it.
然后你可以跟任何人去任何你想去的地方
And you can go anywhere you like with anyone you like
愿意停留多久就停留多久
and stay as long as you like.
当你回来的时候 一分钟都没有溜走
And when you get back, not one minute will have ticked by.
你是说他…
You mean that he… You see…
他能够…
He can…
科学能够穿越时间和空间
You see, science has overcome time and space.
但是哈维不仅能穿越时间和空间
But Harvey has overcome not only time and space,
还能穿越任何物体
but any objections.
虚度啊 虚度
Flyspecks! Flyspecks!
奇迹斜倚在18街和费尔法克斯街口的路灯旁时
I’ve been spending my life among flyspecks
我却把生命都浪费在
while miracles have been leaning
这些小事情上
on lampposts at 18th and Fairfax.
多德先生 他愿意为你做这些吗
Tell me, Mr. Dowd, will he do this for you?
他随时都愿意
Oh, he’d be willing at any time.
但是目前我还没有想好
But so far I haven’t been
有什么地方更适合我
able to think of anyplace I’d rather be.
我一直都过的很快乐
I always have a wonderful time
无论我在哪里 无论我跟谁在一起
wherever I am, whomever I’m with.
我现在跟你在一起感觉很好 医生
I’m having a fine time right here with you, Doctor.
是吗 是吗
Oh. Oh, I…
我知道我想去哪
I know where I’d go.
去哪
Where?
我想去阿克伦市
I’d go to Akron.
阿克伦
Akron. Oh, yeah.
在阿克伦外面的一片枫树林里
There’s a cottage camp
有一座露营的小别♥墅♥
just outside Akron in a grove of maple trees.
绿色 凉爽 美丽
Green, cool, beautiful.
那是我最喜欢的树
That’s my favorite tree.
我要跟一个漂亮的女人一起去
I’d go there with a pretty woman.
一个陌生女人 宁静从容
A strange woman, a quiet woman.
在树下
Oh. Under a tree.
我甚至不想知道她的名字
I wouldn’t even want to know her name,
我也只是史密斯先生
while I would be just Mr. Smith.
我让她去买♥♥点冰啤酒
And I would send out for cold beer.
-不要威士忌吗 -不要
– No whiskey, huh? – No.
然后我会告诉她一些事情
Then I would tell her things.
一些我没有对任何人说起的事情
Things that I’ve never told to anyone.
一些深埋在心底的事情
Things that are locked deep in here.
当我跟她说话的时候
And as I talked to her,
我希望她伸出她柔软白净的手对我说
I would want her to hold out her soft white hand and say,
可怜的家伙 你真可怜
“Poor thing. You poor, poor thing.”
你希望这样持续多久 医生
For how long would you want this to go on, Doctor?
-两周 -两周吗
– Two weeks. – Two weeks?
你不觉得太单调了吗 只是在阿克伦
Wouldn’t that get a little monotonous, just Akron, cold beer
只有冰啤酒和可怜的家伙 持续两周
and “Poor, poor thing” For two weeks?
不会
No!
这将会非常美妙
It would be wonderful.
好吧
Well, I…
我觉得 医生
I can’t help feeling, Doctor,
你不让那个女人说话是个错误
that you’re making a mistake not allowing the woman to talk.
如果她一直在你身边
If she’d been around at all,
她一定会听到一些很有趣的新闻
she might’ve picked up some very interesting news items.
而且我肯定你只要啤酒不要威士忌
And I’m sure you’re making a mistake
也是一个错误的决定
about all that beer and no whiskey,
但这两周是你的时间
but it’s your two weeks.
多德先生 他愿意为我这样做吗
Mr. Dowd, could he… would he do this for me?
他应该会的
He could and might.
我没有听哈维说过阿克伦一句不好的话
I’ve never heard Harvey say a word against Akron.
顺便问一下 医生 哈维在哪儿
By the way, Doctor, where is Harvey?
你不知道吗
Don’t you know?
我上次见到他是跟你在一起
The last time I saw him, he was with you.
他可能在查理酒馆等我
He’s probably waiting for me down at Charlie’s.
没错 他就在那里
Yes, that’s it. He’s down at Charlie’s.
既然那样的话
Ah, well, in that case, I
我想我该去找他 跟他喝一杯
think I’ll go down and join him for a nightcap.
幸运的是 查理酒馆会开到很晚
Fortunately, Charlie’s stays open rather late.
不好意思 医生 走之前
Excuse me, Doctor. I want to say goodbye
我得去跟我朋友道别
to some of my friends before I leave.
多德先生 他们没有一个是你朋友
Mr. Dowd, none of those people are your friends.
但是我想让你明白 我是你的朋友
But I want you to know that I am your friend.
谢谢 我也是你朋友
Well, thank you, Doctor. And I’m yours.
他们低估了你 我开始也是
They underestimate you, as I did.
是你的姐姐
This sister of yours is
策划了一个阴谋来对付你
at the bottom of a conspiracy against you.
她想要说服我把你关起来
She’s trying to persuade me to lock you up.
今天她还写了委托书
Today she had commitment papers drawn up.
她带着你的委托书
She has your power of attorney
还有你保险箱的钥匙
and the key to your safety box.
把你带到这里
And she brought you here!
我姐姐一个下午做了那么多事
My sister did all that in one afternoon?
那个维塔可真是个噩梦
That Veta certainly is a whirlwind, isn’t she?
天哪 难道你不觉得愤怒吗
Good heavens, man! Haven’t you any righteous indignation?
医生 我
Oh, Doctor, I…
很多年前 我妈妈曾经对我说
Years ago, my mother used to say to me, she’d say,
埃尔伍德 在这个世上 你必须…
“In this world, Elwood, you must be…”
她总是叫我埃尔伍德
She always called me Elwood.
埃尔伍德 在这个世上 你必须很聪明
“In this world, Elwood, you must be oh, so smart
或者很讨人喜欢
“Or oh, so pleasant.”
过去的好几年 我都很聪明
For years, I was smart.
但其实讨喜才是上策
I recommend pleasant.
这话你也可以拿去说
And you may quote me.
就是这 我们走
This is it. Here we are.
谢谢 来 默多
Okay, thank you. Come on, Myrtle.
-我也要去 -你在这等着 维塔
– I’ll come… – You wait right here, Veta, girl.
我不要在这等 我要跟你们一起
I will not wait here. I’m going in with you.
你太敏感了 再进去可能会受刺♥激♥
You’re a very high-strung girl. This may be an ordeal.
那让默多·梅也留着这
Then let Myrtle Mae stay here, too.
妈妈 你知道如果没有血亲在
Now, Mother, you know it isn’t right to put uncle Elwood away
我们是不能把埃尔伍德舅舅留在这的
without some blood relative being present.
你们不能把这位女士留在这 我想…
Hey, you’re not gonna leave the lady here. I thought…
奥马尔 连陌生人都觉得我应该和你们一起进去
See, Omar? Even strangers think I should go in with you.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!