-多德先生 -我叫埃尔伍德·P.
– Dowd. – Elwood P.
真有意思
Isn’t that interesting.
是我自己造的
Yes, I constructed this myself.
是吗 真厉害
Is that so? I declare.
非常简单 看
It’s very simple. See?
关上了
Closed.
打开了
Opened.
您可真聪明
You’re a very brilliant man.
谢谢
Thank you.
我叫赫尔曼·西蒙普莱泽
My name is Herman Shimelplatzer,
不过人们都叫我赫尔曼
but everybody just calls me Herman.
您的设计真令人赞叹 西蒙普莱泽先生
You’re to be congratulated, Mr. Shimelplatzer.
多谢
Thank you.
您是否愿意
Would you care to come
明晚来我家吃晚饭呢
over to my house for dinner tomorrow night?
我的一些朋友也会来 不用拘束
I’m having a few friends in, just informally.
荣幸至极
I certainly would.
您真是太好客了 多德先生
That’s very nice of you, Mr. Dowd.
给 这是我的名片
Here, let me give you one of my cards.
如果您想给我打电♥话♥的话
Now if you should want to call me,
可以拨这个号♥码
call me at this number.
不要拨那个号♥ 那是老号♥码 再见
Don’t call me at that one. That’s the old one. Goodbye.
真是太棒了
That’s remarkable.
我真不愿意这样催你走 威利
I hate to take you away like this, Willie,
不过我们确实答应麦克卢尔医生早点过去
but we did promise Dr. McClure we’d be there early.
稍等 亲爱的
One moment, angel.
凯丽小姐 拿我的帽子和大衣来
My hat and coat, Miss Kelly.
好的 查姆利医生
Yes, Dr. Chumley.
-桑德森医生 -什么事 医生
– Dr. Sanderson. – Yes, Doctor?
我先下班了
I’m leaving for the day.
那个带着大白兔的女人
About the difficulty of this woman with the big white rabbit.
现在处理好了吗
Has it been smoothed over?
-是的 -很好
– Yes, Doctor. – Good.
虽然我这里的很多病人都和动物有关
While I’ve had many patients out here with animals,
不过我还是头一次
I’ve never before had a patient
遇到带着这么大只动物的病人
with an animal that large.
是啊 医生 她叫那只兔子哈维
Yes, Doctor. She called him Harvey.
不管是哪种动物 这名字都够少见的
Unusual name for an animal of any kind.
6点的时候给她做一次皮下注射
I want her to have a hypo at 6:00,
9点再做一次
with another one at 9:00.
威利
Willie…
好的 马上来 用977号♥处方
Yes, yes, I’m coming. My formula 9-7-7.
听着 威利
Listen, Willie…
等一下
Hey, now look.
我需要有人
Now somebody’s gonna have
给我帮把手对付那个西蒙斯太太
to give me a hand with that Simmons dame.
她太可怕了
She’s terrible!
我不得不亲自动手把她的紧身胸衣脱掉
I had to take her corset off all by myself.
你好 查姆利医生 你怎么…
Hiya, Dr. Chumley. How’s every little…
你的帽子怎么回事
Hey, what’s with you and that hat?
帽子
Hat?
这才是您的帽子 查姆利医生
Here’s your hat, Dr. Chumley.
我戴得就是我的帽子
I’m wearing my hat.
威利 几分钟前 有个…
Willie, dear, a few minutes ago, there was something…
这不是我的帽子 是你的吧 医生
This isn’t my hat. Must be yours, Doctor.
不是的 我的…我的…
No, Doctor, mine is… Mine is…
当然不是你的
Of course it’s not yours.
亲爱的 我想说…
Angel, I’d like to say…
不 当然也不是你的 亲爱的
No, dear, of course it’s not yours.
-那这是谁的帽子 -他都不让我说话
– But whose hat is it? – He won’t let me talk.
看看这里
Look at this.
帽子上有两个洞
Two holes cut in the crown.
这大概是什么新时尚
It’s probably some new fad.
-也许是多德先生落下的 -多德
– Perhaps Mr. Dowd left it here, sir. – Dowd?
是的 我想告诉你…
Yes, see, that’s what I…
他是西蒙斯太太的弟弟 医生
That’s Mrs. Simmons’ brother, Doctor.
我给了他一个出入证
I gave him a pass.
威利 那就是我想要告诉你的事
Willie, dear, that’s what I’ve been trying to tell you.
几分钟以前 我在门口遇到一位先生
A few minutes ago, I met a gentleman at the gate.
他叫多德
His name was Dowd.
他说他在找一个叫做哈维的朋友
He said he was looking for a friend of his named Harvey.
哈维
Harvey?
是的 哈维
Yes. Yes, Harvey.
我的天啊 西蒙斯太太还泡在水疗盆里
Holy smoke! I left the water running on
我没关水龙头
on that Simmons dame in a hydro tub!
你为什么这样看着我 威利
Why are you looking at me like that, Willie?
他是个很有礼貌的人
He was a nice, polite man.
他还说他的朋友是个精灵
He said his friend was a pooka.
不知道那是什么东西
Whatever that is.
帮我接西R区上层 快点
Give me Upper West R, quick.
他去哪儿了 查姆利太太
Where did he go, Mrs. Chumley?
他进城了
He went downtown.
喂 邓菲
Hello, Dunphy,
我把西蒙斯太太泡在13号♥房♥里了
I left that Simmons dame soaking in 13.
能帮我把水关掉吗 亲爱的
Do me a favor, will you, honey? Turn off the juice.
你给了他一个通行证证 是吗 桑德森医生
So you gave him a pass, Dr. Sanderson.
难道在医学院的时候
Perhaps they neglected to tell you
他们忘了教你
at medical school that
兔子长着长长的尖耳朵吗
a rabbit has large pointed ears?
你知道你干了什么吗
Do you know what you’ve done?
你让一个精神错乱的病人从这里走了出去
You’ve allowed a psychopathic case to walk out of here
带一只发育过度的白兔四处闲逛
and roam around with an overgrown white rabbit!
你把我推上了法庭
You’ve laid me open to a lawsuit.
我不得不去做我15年都没有做过的事情
I shall have to do something I haven’t done for 15 years.
我得去把这个叫多德的人抓回来
I’ll have to go after this man, Dowd, and bring him back!
等到那时候 桑德森医生
But when I do, Dr. Sanderson,
你和这个医院
your connection with this institution
就没有任何关系了
will have ended as of that moment.
-威尔逊 把车叫过来 -好的 医生
– Wilson, get the car. – Yeah, Doctor.
很抱歉 亲爱的 你只能
I’m sorry, pet, but you’ll
自己去麦克卢尔家了
have to go to the McClures’ without me.
打车去吧
Take a cab.
你们两个 去把那个女人从盆里捞出来
You two, get that woman out of the tub!
-遵命 -威利
– Yes, sir. – Willie?
我得给我的律师打电♥话♥
I’m going to call my attorney.
-威尔逊 -什么事 太太
– Wilson. – Yes, ma’am.
-精灵是什么 -什么
– What’s a pooka? – What’s a what?
精灵
A pooka.
精灵吗
A pooka?
你可以查一查 查姆利太太
You can search me, Mrs. Chumley.
P开头
P.
O
O.
找到了
Pooka!
天啊 我迟到了
Oh, dear, I’m already late for the McClures’.
我答应过他们会准时到的
I did promise them I’d be on time.
“P-o-o-k-a
“P-o-o-k-a.
精灵起源于凯尔特神话
“Pooka. From old Celtic mythology.
“一种动物形态的灵魂
“A fairy spirit in animal form.
“通常很大
“Always very large.
“精灵随处可见
“The pooka appears here and there,
“从古到今
“Now and then,
“形态变来变去
“To this one and that one.
“一种善良但是喜欢恶作剧的生物
“A benign but mischievous creature.
“非常喜欢醉汉和疯子
“Very fond of rumpots, crackpots.
“还爱说威尔逊先生 你好吗”
“And how are you, Mr. Wilson?”
“威尔逊先生 你好吗”
“How are you, Mr. Wilson”?
谁会想知道啊
Who in the encyclopedia wants to know?
威尔逊 我们走
Wilson, let’s go.
查姆利医生 发生了件怪事
Dr. Chumley, the screwiest thing…
我知道 相信我 要丢饭碗了
I know, I know, and believe me, heads will roll.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!