你们在这儿啊
Oh. There you are.
这位女士从我车上跳出去 还没有付钱
Lady jumped out of my cab and left without paying me.
她什么也没说 我就有些担心
She didn’t say anything, and a fellow gets nervous after a while.
不用担心 多少钱
Well, there’s no cause for concern, man. How much is it?
从城里到这一共2.75
All the way out here from town? 2.75.
奇怪 我一定忘了带钱包
Why, I must’ve forgotten my wallet.
我匆匆忙忙从床上起来
I was dragged out of bed in such a hurry,
幸好我没有忘记穿裤子
it’s a wonder I didn’t forget my pants.
不好意思 维塔
Beg your pardon, Veta.
-你们收支票吗 -不收
– Would you take a check? – We don’t take checks.
我知道 但是 维塔你介意吗
Yeah, I know, but… Would you mind, Veta?
当然 我…
Oh. Of course. Yes, I…
我肯定带了我的零钱包
I could’ve sworn I brought my coin purse.
在哪儿去了
Where is it? Oh, the idea!
我从不…
Well, I never!
对了 我让我弟弟给你
Oh, I know. I’ll get it for you from my brother.
但是我现在不能去找他
But I can’t go in to him just now.
他正在接受注射
He’s in there getting an injection.
不会太久的 你稍等一下
It won’t take long. You’ll have to wait.
你要我找你弟弟要钱
You’re gonna get my money from your brother who’s in there
那个正在里面接受注射的家伙
getting some of that stuff they shoot out here?
是的 只要几分钟就好了
Yes. It’ll only take a few minutes.
女士 我现在就要
Lady, I want my money now.
我跟你说了 几分钟就好了
I told you, it’ll only take a few minutes.
我们还要你载我们回城里
We want you to drive us back to town.
我也说了我现在就要钱
And I told you I want my money now
否则我就把车开走
or I’m nosing the cab back to town
你们自己等公车吧
and you can wait for the bus.
你真是个愚蠢顽固的家伙
Of all the pigheaded, stubborn things!
到底有什么毛病
What’s the matter with you?
就差那2.75美元
Nothing that 2.75 won’t fix.
我说了 给我钱否则我就走了
You heard me. Take it or leave it.
我从没遇到过如此荒唐的事情
I never heard of anything so unreasonable in all my life.
能让我弟弟出来一下吗
Would you please let my brother step out here just a moment?
出租车司机不能等 埃尔伍德
This cab driver won’t wait. Oh, Elwood.
好吧 我马上回来
Yeah. I’ll be right back.
埃尔伍德 我出门忘了带钱包
Elwood, I came off without my coin purse.
你能给他2.75美元吗
Would you please give this man $2.75?
别给多了 他很无礼
But don’t give him any more. He’s been very rude.
你好 我叫埃尔伍德·P·多德
Howdy do. Dowd’s my name, Elwood P.
我叫E.J.罗福根
Mine’s Lofgren, E.J.
很高兴认识你罗福根先生
Glad to know you, Mr. Lofgren.
这是我姐姐西蒙斯女士
This is my sister Mrs. Simmons,
后边那个是我好朋友加夫尼法官
and my very good friend Judge Gaffney back there.
罗福根先生你在这住了很久了吗
Have you lived around here long, Mr. Lofgren?
-一直住在这儿 -真不错
– All my life. – Nice.
-你喜欢你的工作吗 -还好吧
– Enjoy your work? – It’s okay.
我在爱贝斯公♥司♥开了15年出租车
I’ve been driving for Apex Cabs for 15 years.
我弟弟乔在布朗公♥司♥开了将近12年
My brother Joe’s been driving for the Brown Cabs for near 12.
是吗 你在埃贝斯 你弟弟却在布朗
Is that so? You drive for Apex and your brother Joe for Brown.
真有趣 是吧维塔
That’s very interesting, isn’t it, Veta?
是啊
Yes.
罗福根先生 这是我的名片
Mr. Lofgren, let me give you one of my cards.
我姐姐还有我迷人的侄女
Now, my sister and my charming young niece
和我住在一起 就是这个地址
live at that address with me.
你跟你弟弟愿意过来
Wouldn’t you and your brother like to come
跟我们一起吃饭吗
and have dinner with us sometime?
当然 我很乐意
Sure, be glad to.
什么时候呢 你们什么时候愿意来
When? When would you be glad to?
我只有明晚有空
Well, I couldn’t come any night but tomorrow.
这周其他时候都要工作
I’m on duty all the rest of the week.
明天再好不过了
Well, tomorrow would be perfect.
我们很期待你们明天能来 是不是 维塔
We’ll be expecting you and delighted to see you. Won’t we, Veta?
埃尔伍德 我想这位先生一定有自己的朋友
Oh, Elwood, I’m sure this man has friends of his own.
朋友永远都不嫌多
You can’t have too many friends.
不要让医生一直等你 这样很不礼貌
Don’t keep the doctor waiting, dear. It’s rude.
给你 不用找了
There you are. Keep the change.
很高兴认识你 罗福根先生
I’m glad to have met you, Mr. Lofgren.
很期待你跟你弟弟明晚能来
I’ll expect you and your brother tomorrow night.
我先失陪了
Now, you’ll have to excuse me. I…
多好的人啊
A sweet guy.
那当然
Certainly.
你刚刚等一会儿也没什么
You could just as well have waited.
不是的
Oh, no.
这条路我开了15年了
Listen, lady, I’ve been driving this route for 15 years.
我把他们带到这来治疗
I’ve brought them out here to get that stuff,
之后又把他们送回去
and I’ve drove them home after they had it.
这里改变了他们
It changes them.
希望如此
Well, I certainly hope so.
你没开玩笑吧 在过来的路上
You ain’t kidding. On the way out here,
他们坐在后面很享受 他们还跟我聊天
they sit back and enjoy the ride, they talk to me.
有时候我们还停下来看日落
Sometimes we stop and watch the sunsets
看那些飞鸟
and look at the birds flying.
有时候即使没有鸟我们也会停下来看
Sometimes we stop and watch the birds when there ain’t no birds,
我们甚至还在下雨的时候看日落
and look at the sunsets when it’s raining.
那是一段美好的时光 而且我总能得到很多小费
We have a swell time. And I always get a big tip.
但是回去时 哦哦
But afterwards, oh-oh.
但是回去时 哦哦 这是什么意思
“Afterwards, oh-oh”? What do you mean, “Afterwards, oh-oh”?
他们开始抱怨 发牢骚 还对我大喊大叫
They crab, crab, crab. They yell at me,
小心红灯 小心刹车 小心路口
“Watch the lights! Watch the breaks! Watch the intersections!”
他们尖叫着要我快点
They scream at me to hurry.
他们不再信任我和我的车了
They got no faith in me and my buggy.
是啊 是同一辆车 同一个司机
Yet, it’s the same cab, same driver,
并且也走同一条路
and we’re going back over the very same road.
没有乐趣了 也没有小费了
It’s no fun. And no tips.
我弟弟会给你的 他很大方
My brother would’ve tipped you anyway. He’s very generous.
他总是会给的
He always has been.
这之后他就不会了
Not after this he won’t be.
这之后他就会变成一个完全正常的人
After this, he’ll be a perfectly normal human being.
你知道他们有多讨厌
And you know what stinkers they are.
幸会 我会等你们的
Glad I met ya. I’ll wait.
不要 不要 埃尔伍德 快出来
Oh, no! No! Elwood, come out!
快出来 不要给他打♥针♥
Come out! Don’t give it to him!
停下 快停下 埃尔伍德 快出来
Stop it! Stop it! Elwood, come out!
别这样 桑德森医生正在给他打♥针♥呢
Don’t do that, girl. Dr. Sanderson’s giving the injection.
我不想让他打♥针♥了 我不喜欢那样的人
I don’t want him to have it. I don’t like people like that.
我不想我弟弟变成那样 埃尔伍德
I don’t want my brother to be like that. Elwood!
你们还没有给他打♥针♥吧
You haven’t given him the injection already, have you?
还没 但是我们都准备好了 西蒙斯太太
No, but we’re all ready, Mrs. Simmons.
埃尔伍德
Oh, Elwood!
维塔
Veta?
怎么了
What’s the trouble?
怎么回事 怎么搞的
What’s the matter? What’s going on?
-怎么了 -她不想给他注射了
– What’s wrong? – She wants to stop the injection.
是吗 好吧 过来
She does? All right. Come on, you…
把你的手拿开
You take your hands off me!
别碰我 你这个流氓
Don’t you touch me, you white slaver, you!
马文 别这样
Marvin, please!
好吧宝贝 你说什么就是什么
All right, honey. Anything you say.
你不知道你想要什么
You don’t know what you want.
你也不想要那只兔子
You didn’t want that rabbit either.
哈维怎么了
And what’s wrong with Harvey?
如果我和埃尔伍德还有默多
If Elwood and Myrtle Mae and I
就想跟哈维住在一起 又怎么样
want to live with Harvey, what is it to you?
你们都不用来走动 那是我们的房♥子
You don’t even have to come around. It’s our house.
埃尔伍德 埃尔伍德
Elwood! Elwood!
维塔 没事了
Veta, that’s all right.
维塔太累了 她今天做了太多事了
Veta’s all tired out. She’s done a lot today.
随你们便 我要坐出租车回去了
Have it your own way, but I’m gonna take that cab back to town.
以后别指望我半夜爬起来
And I’m not giving up another night’s sleep again

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!