好好道个别
without putting it on a personal basis.
别自以为是 医生
Oh, don’t flatter yourself, Doctor.
这无关个人感情
There’s nothing personal about this.
我认为你工作过于劳苦
I think you’ve been working too hard.
凯丽 你也开始变得神经质了
Kelly. You’re getting neurotic.
别想着分♥析♥我
Now don’t start analyzing me.
把你精神病学的伎俩留到找工作的时候用吧
Save your psychiatry for your next job!
我没有用精神病学分♥析♥ 凯丽小姐
I’m not using psychiatry, Miss Kelly.
让我给你一点点善意的忠告
And let me give you a little friendly advice.
你这种火爆脾气
That chip on your shoulder
源于迫♥害♥妄想
stems from a persecution complex
无疑你童年时受过刺♥激♥
that undoubtedly goes back to childhood.
十分感谢您能提供病史 医生
Thanks so much for the case history, Doctor.
那么能不能告诉我狂妄自大的根源是什么
Now could you tell me what an overinflated ego stems from?
听着
Now, listen here!
你好 凯丽 你好 医生
Hiya, Kelly. Hiya, Doc.
很高兴我在你走之前截到你了
Hey, I’m glad I caught you before you left.
听说你被开除我很难过
I’m sorry you got bounced
我想说我们都会想念你的
and I wanna tell you we’re all gonna miss you.
谢谢 威尔逊
Thanks, Wilson.
病人们都还正常吗 凯丽
Any of the patients been acting up, Kelly?
一切都好
Everything’s just peachy.
很好 你什么时候动身 医生
That’s good. When are you taking off, Doc?
现在就走 我在等查姆利医生回来
Right now. I was just waiting for Dr. Chumley to get back.
等一下
Hey, wait a second.
查姆利医生没跟那个疯子一起回来吗
Didn’t Dr. Chumley come back here with that psycho?
我们还以为他跟你在一起
We thought he was with you.
没有 我走的时候他在西蒙斯小姐家
No. I left him with that Simmons dame.
然后我打电♥话♥联♥系♥他时候
Then when I called back later to check with him
她告诉我医生去接她的…
she told me the doctor went to bring her…
那是四个小时之前的事了
Hey, that was four hours ago!
你知不知道他去哪了
Have you any idea where he went?
-知道 不知道 -仔细想想
– Yeah. No! – Come on, come on.
不知道 想不出来 可怜的查姆利医生
I don’t know. I can’t think. Poor Dr. Chumley
现在可能躺在某个小胡同的一滩血泊中了
may be laying in an alley in a pool of blood.
但是多德先生下午时看起来毫无恶意
But Mr. Dowd seemed harmless enough this afternoon.
听着 凯丽 我跟这些人打交道好几年
Listen, Kelly, I’ve been wrestling these guys for years
他们实在是难以捉摸
and they’re pretty tricky.
前一秒他们还是好人 后一秒
One minute they’re sweet, and the next minute
可能就会上刀子
they give you the knife.
那地方叫什么 威尔逊 叫什么
The name of the place, Wilson. The name of the place?
是家酒馆 是个人的名字
Yes. It was a barroom, had a guy’s name.
查理 查理酒馆 我记得…
Charlie! Charlie’s Place. I remember…
这是个好开头 就从那找起
That’s a lead. We’ll start from there.
不劳烦心 桑德森医生
Never mind, Dr. Sanderson.
我跟威尔逊去就行了 不用您费事
I’ll go with Wilson. You needn’t bother.
听着 凯丽 查姆利医生回来前
Now listen, Kelly, until Dr. Chumley comes back
这里还是由我负责
I’m still in charge here.
没问题 我们动身吧
All right, but let’s get going.
别只站在这里吵架
Let’s not stand and argue about it.
就是这里
Yeah, this is the place.
需要点什么
What’ll it be, folks?
我们来找两个人
We’re looking for someone, two men.
没错 一个又高又矮 一个又胖又瘦
Yeah, a tall, short one and a thin, fat one.
我太紧张 都开始胡言乱语了
I’m so nervous, I don’t know what I’m saying.
一个人很矮 中年
One man is short and middle-aged.
另一个高得多 也年轻得多
The other is much taller and younger.
他们可能四个小时之前来过
They might have been here about four hours ago.
我好像没见过
No, can’t say that I have.
晚上来的人♥大♥多中等身材
We’ve been running medium sizes all evening.
个子高的那个语气柔和 比较有礼貌
The tall man was soft-spoken and sort of polite.
名字叫多德
His name is Dowd.
多德 怎么不早说
Oh, Dowd? Why didn’t you say so?
他现在在那边的卡座
He’s here now in the back booth.
就他一个人吗
Is he alone?
看你怎么想了 先生
There’s two schools of thought, sir.
如果那个疯子敢对查姆利医生怎么样
If that crackpot did anything to
我就把他的牙敲下来…
Dr. Chumley, I’ll knock his teeth down…
别动粗 威尔逊 用心理学的方法 我去跟他聊
No rough stuff, Wilson. Psychology. I’ll do the talking.
我一直都在等你们
I’ve been expecting you.
医生在哪 你对他做了什么
Where’s the doctor? What’d you do with him?
威尔逊
Wilson!
威尔逊 为什么不四处看一下
Wilson, why don’t you take a careful look around the place?
为什么不呢 威尔逊先生
Why don’t you do that, Mr. Wilson?
尽管我想这家酒馆不出♥售♥
Although I don’t believe it’s for sale.
凯丽小姐 这是给你的
Miss Kelly, these are for you.
谢谢 多德先生
Why, thank you, Mr. Dowd.
不用谢 亲爱的
A pleasure, my dear.
医生 今天下午的事情之后
You know, Doctor, after what happened this afternoon
这些花本来应该由你送的 是吧
these flowers really should be from you, shouldn’t they?
来和我一起喝几杯吧
Now, won’t you join me?
多德先生 恐怕不行
Oh, Mr. Dowd, I’m afraid we can’t do that.
今天下午之后情况有变
The situation has changed since this afternoon
我希望你不要生气
but I urge you to have no resentment.
查姆利医生是你的朋友 只想帮助你
Dr. Chumley is your friend and he only wants to help you.
很好 我也很乐意帮助他
Isn’t that nice. I’d be very glad to help him.
我们迟早都必须面对现实 多德
We all must face reality, Dowd, sooner or later.
我跟现实抗争了35年 医生
Well, I wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor.
很高兴地说我打败了它
And I’m happy to state I finally won out over it.
多德先生 查姆利医生在哪
Mr. Dowd, where is Dr. Chumley?
不知道 我希望我知道
Not knowing, I cannot say. Wish I could.
凯丽小姐 我不想看到你站着
Miss Kelly, I don’t like to see you standing.
坐下吧 凯丽 你想不想…
Sit down, Kelly. Would you…
就这样 我们喝一杯吧
There we are. Now, let’s all have a drink.
查姆利医生今晚早些时候过来找你
Dr. Chumley did come in here to get you earlier this evening.
没错 我很高兴见到他
Yes. Yes, he did. And I was delighted to see him.
点什么 多德先生
What’ll it be, Mr. Dowd?
马提尼行吗
Martinis?
但那是四个小时之前了
But that was four hours ago.
一晚上的时间都去哪了
Where has the evening gone to?
四个小时…三杯马提尼 克拉格先生
Four… Three martinis, Mr. Cracker.
我到处都搜遍了
Hey, I’ve looked all over this joint.
没有医生的踪迹
There’s no sign of the doctor.
-你对他做什么了 -我们正在问
– What’d you do to him? – That’s what we’re trying to find out.
后来怎么样了 多德先生
What happened then, Mr. Dowd?
我把哈维介绍给了医生
Well, I then introduced Harvey to the doctor
他跟我们一同坐进了卡座
and he sat down in the booth with us.
我想想 哈维坐在这
Let’s see. Harvey was sitting here
医生坐在哈维对面 方便观察他
and the doctor sat opposite Harvey so he could look at him.
谁是哈维
Who’s Harvey?
一只一米八的白兔子
A white rabbit, six feet tall.
一米八
Six feet?
其实是一米九
Six feet, three and a half inches.
他确实很高哦
Now let’s stick to the facts.
你把查姆利医生介绍给哈维后发生了什么
Now what happened after you introduced Dr. Chumley to Harvey?
哈维建议我给他买♥♥杯酒
Well, Harvey suggested that I buy him a drink.
我知道他不喜欢喝独酒
And knowing that he doesn’t like to drink alone
于是向查姆利医生建议我们一起喝一点
I suggested to Dr. Chumley that we join him.
-我们就陪着他喝酒 -继续
– We joined him. – Go on.
-我们陪着他又喝了一杯 -然后呢
– We joined him again. – Yeah, then what?
然后出现了另一个问题
Then the other matter came up.
总算有点头绪了 什么问题
Yeah, now we’re getting somewhere. What other matter?
威尔逊先生 我不喜欢看到你站着
Mr. Wilson, I don’t like to see you standing.
-来和我们一起吧 -谁 我吗
– Wouldn’t you join us here? – Who, me?
来坐下 可以吗 威尔逊
Sit down, will you, Wilson?
就坐这
Sit right down here.
你说又出现了一个问题 多德先生
You say this other matter came up, Mr. Dowd.
是的 有一位叫斯摩希尔斯的金发美女
Yes. There was a beautiful blonde woman, name of Mrs. Smethills
和她的酒伴坐在正对面的卡座里
and her escort, seated in the booth directly across from us.
查姆利医生过去坐在她旁边
Dr. Chumley went over to sit next to her

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!