汤米是朱
Tommy’s Chau.
亚伦
Alan.
他在美国出生
Born in America.
她说什么
What’d she say?
她说你很高大
She says you’re giant.
她不敢相信你这么高了
She can’t believe your size.
你以前常在
You used to scratch your back…
我家房♥柱上蹭背
…on the wooden post in our house.
瞧她的牙 – 别
Look at her teeth! – Stop that.
大哥
Brother.
吃巧克力
Take a chocolate.
上学了
School?
上学 我成绩很好
School. I’m doing very good.
吃一块 要有礼貌
Take one. Be polite.
对不起 我不吃
I’m sorry, I can’t.
别扫兴
Don’t spoil the good time.
我大儿子和小女儿都回来了
My oldest son and my youngest daughter are back with me.
手心手背都是肉
My two halves on either side.
我同意 我也这样认为 我爱我妹妹
We share the same mother, I agree. And I love her as a sister…
但我不能收她的礼物
…but I cannot accept her gifts.
我深怕你瞧不起我
I had this terrible fear that you would despise me…
因为你在与敌作战的时候 我却嫁给了敌人 出了国
…because I married your enemy and left while you were still fighting.
这么多年了 黎里
It’s been so many years.
都过去了
Much is forgiven.
但你不知道美国人带来多大苦难
But you don’t understand how much suffering Americans caused.
日子非常艰难
Things are very hard.
我们用粪便种蔬菜
We use our own excrement to grow vegetables.
当年我们只能寄希望于未来
All we had to hold on to was the future…
因为我们明白除非打胜了 不然没有未来
…because we knew that future would not arrive unless we won.
所以我们前仆后继
So we kept dying, no matter what…
就像大象脚下的蚂蚁
…just like ants beneath the elephant’s feet.
并非我们英勇
It wasn’t because we were brave.
而是别无选择
Because we had no choice.
自♥由♥就是一切
Our freedom was all…
一切的一切
…all that mattered.
等到终于赢来了未来
But when the future finally came…
战争却没完
…there was more war…
高棉 中国
…the Cambodians, the Chinese.
我在80年回来找妈
When I came to look for Mama in 1980…
你不知妈吃了多少苦
…you have no idea how much your mother suffered.
她老得无法做农活了
She was too old to work the paddies.
只得把土地…我们的土地 在解放后 交给国家
She had to give the land, our land, to the state after liberation.
我找到妈跟大姐时 她们在挨饿
When I found Mama and Hai, they were starving.
衣不蔽体 农具给偷了
Their clothes were rags, their farm tools were stolen…
禽畜都给杀了
…the animals slaughtered.
房♥子成了废墟
The house was in ruins.
野狗追着咬她们
Some wild dogs attacked them.
村里没人关心
Nobody in the village cared for them.
她们只是两个靠拾垃圾
They’re just two old ladies scavenging…
种菜维生的老女人
…and growing vegetables to stay alive.
如今你回来了
Now you come here…
成了富有 陌生的外国人
…a rich, strange foreigner.
你将使得村民再次敌视她们
You’ll turn the village against them…
敌视我们
…and against us…
冯家遭受了太多的苦难
…the Phungs, who have suffered so much.
解放后大家日子都很苦
Things were bad for everyone after liberation.
天翻地覆这么多次了
Many times, heaven and earth changed places.
我认为靠战争重建一个国家
If you ask me, rebuilding a nation after a war…
就像用强♥奸♥来成家
…is like trying to start a family by getting raped!
战争的结局就是 遍地的坟墓
If war produces one thing, it’s many cemeteries.
而坟墓里的死人无所谓敌人
And in cemeteries there are no enemies.
多年来我只记得
All I could think of for so long…
我如何逼你哥五邦参军
…was how I made your brother Sau go to war.
你♥爸♥只想让你哥娶妻生子
Your father wanted your brother to know some of the joys of married life…
但我不肯 自以为是
…but I said no, so sure I was doing the right thing.
你相信吗 我不要孙子 要战士
Can you believe it? I gave up a grandson to gain a soldier.
到头来两者皆空
And I lost both.
我大错特错
How wrong I was.
那也是五邦自己的抉择
It was also anh Sau’s choice.
不 他服从是为了做好儿子
He was just being a good son when he obeyed me.
当初如果有办法 我也不让你去美国
If I could, I would have stopped you from going to America.
那会把你的儿子害得很惨
What would’ve happened to your sons here?
黎里 我为你骄傲
I’m so proud of you, be Ly.
你已经成熟了 能看到人们看不到的事物的另一面
You’ve grown up to see the side of things that’s hidden from most people.
菩萨回报的
Tears are God’s way of paying you back…
是眼泪
…for what He’s taken.
我已经没有眼泪了
I have no more tears.
我哭干的眼泪已经随风四散
I have cried them out to all directions of the wind.
我的皮肤已变色了 里
My color’s changing, Ly.
去年开始的
It began last year.
我曾在别人身上见过
I have seen it before in others.
要紧的是你回来了
You have come back, and that’s what matters.
你已完成成长的轮回
You have completed your circle of growth.
从低潮到高♥潮♥
Low tide to high tide…
从贫穷到富有
…poor to rich…
从忧伤到快乐
…sad to happy…
从乞丐到淑女
beggar to a fine lady.
你已经走完了过去
Your past is now complete…
我们母女缘份也到了尽头
…and my destiny as your mother is now over.
我盼着跟你♥爸♥团圆
I’m looking forward to joining your papa.
那晚 我睡在父亲盖的房♥子里
That night, I slept in the house my father built.
此后我就没再梦见爸了
Afterward, he found no need to visit me in my dreams.
我给全村的死者上供祭祀
I gave my offerings to all the dead of the village.
没错 我回家了
I had come home, yes.
但家已不是原来的家了
But home had changed…
而我将一直活在两者中间
…and I would always be in between…
南方 北方
…South, North…
东方 西方
…East, West…
和平 战争
…peace, war…
越南 美国
…Vietnam, America.
我命中注定要活在天地之间
It is my fate to be in between heaven and earth.
与命运做对只会带来苦难
When we resist our fate, we suffer.
顺应天命才能幸福快乐
When we accept it, we are happy.
我们有的是时间
We have time in abundance, an eternity…
不断重复错误
…to repeat our mistakes.
我们只需一次改正
But we need only once correct our mistake…
我们就能听到启示之歌♥
…and at last hear the song of enlightenment…
用它来永远斩断复仇的锁链
…with which we can break the chain of vengeance forever.
此刻你就能在内心听到
In your heart, you can hear it now.
这是从你出生的一刻起就一直在你心灵深处吟唱的歌♥
It’s the song your spirit has been singing since the moment of your birth.
如果和尚说得对
If the monks were right…
万般皆有因
…and nothing happens without cause…
那么苦难使我们更贴近神
…then the gift of suffering is to bring us closer to God…
让我们软弱时变坚强
…to teach us to be strong when we are weak…
懦弱时变勇敢
…to be brave when we are afraid…
迷惑时变聪慧
…to be wise in the midst of confusion…
该放手时须放手
…and to let go of that which we can no longer hold.
心灵的胜利才是永恒的胜利
Lasting victories are won in the heart…
而不是这块或那块土地
…not on this land or that.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!