如果没有你的帮忙我还不知道议案在哪里
I don’t know where I’d be in thisbill if it wasn’t for your help.
我不知道你的议案在哪
I don’t know where you are with it.
Oh, yeah. Oh, yes. Now.
老天,我们一定要开始了
Gee whiz, we’ve got to getgoing with this.
好,让我们看看
All right, now, let’s see.
我为什么不能像大家一样只叫你“桑德斯”?
Everybody calls you just plain”Saunders.” Why can’t I?
尽管叫
Go right ahead.Saunders.
桑德斯
Oh. That’s much better.
这样好多了
“Hello, Saunders.””Good morning, Saunders.”
“嗨,桑德斯”“早安,桑德斯”
– “议案如何了,桑德斯?”- 非常糟,谢谢你
“How’s the bill coming, Saunders?”Terrible, thank you.
我弄清楚了“桑德斯”的事
Anyway, I got that “Saunders” businessstraightened out.
好了,现在!我
All right, now! I…
你叫什么名字?
What’s your first name?
为什么问?
Why?
大家只叫你“桑德斯”
Everybody calls youjust “Saunders.”
我也会对口哨回应
I also answer to whistles.
你有名字吗?
You’ve got a first name?
有,但我们先别提这个
Yes, but we just better forget about it.
好,好
All right, all right.
我只是很好奇
Uh… I was just curious.
一张画面浮现在我心里一个没有把手的帮浦
A picture popped into my mind ofa pump without a handle or something.
当然,我要知道是什么维尔莉特
Uh… Of course, I know what it is.Violet.
不,不是
[LAUGHS]
雅比盖?
No, it isn’t.Abigail?
No.Letitia?
莉帝西亚?
No.Lena?
勒纳?
No. Now, stop it.You might as well tell me.
你该告诉我我还有好多
I’ve got a lot more.All right. You win.
好,你赢了
克莱莉莎
It’s Clarissa.
克莱莉莎
Clarissa.
Uh-huh.
好,桑德斯,开始吧!
All right, Saunders, let’s go!
苏珊是个好听名字,不是吗?
Now, Susan’s an awfullypretty name, isn’t it?
苏珊?苏珊·潘恩?真的很美
Susan? Susan Paine?Oh, it’s beautiful.
她是个很美的女人,不是吗?
She’s a beautiful woman, isn’t she?
她不是个美女吗?我想她是最美
Isn’t she a beautiful girl?I think she’s about the most beautiful…
我们一定要开始不然我们会做不完
We’ve got to get started on this,or we’ll never get it finished.
准备好,因为我说的速度会比你写的快很多
Get set, because I’m going to talkmuch faster than you can write.
准备好了吗?
Okay. You ready?Yup.
营区的位置约有二百亩
The location of this camp.About 200 acres
位于安布鲁斯郡的泰瑞峡谷
situated in Ambrose County,Terry Canyon.
在威利溪两边各延伸四分之一英里
Running a quarter mile oneither side of Willet Creek.
什么?
Uh… What?Willet Creek. W-l-L-L-E-T.
威利W-i-l-l-e-t是条小溪
It’s a little stream.In Terry Canyon?
在泰瑞峡谷里?
You don’t know it, do you?No.
你不知道吧?
你说你从没去过
You’ve never been there, you said.
你跟潘恩议员谈过,不是吗?
You’ve discussed this withSenator Paine, haven’t you?
不,没有,为什么?
No, no. Why?
没有,不重要
Nothing. It doesn’t matter.
没道理跟他说
There’s no reasonto talk it over with him.
“威利溪两边各延伸四分之一英里”
“A quarter of a mile oneither side of Willet Creek.”
土地是由小孩的捐赠买♥♥下的
And the land to be boughtby the contribution of the boys,
钱是国家先借给我们
the money to be loaned to usby the United States.
对不起,对不起
Excuse me. Pardon me.
你干嘛这么早把我叫起来?
What did you get meout of bed for?
坐好表演要开始了
Sit tight.The show’s about to commence.
能告诉我发生了什么事?
Mind telling me what’s going on?Certainly.
当然
There’s the principalactor in our little play.
那是我们的表演里的主角
“唐吉柯德”史密斯带着议案的人
“Don Quixote” Smith, Man With Bill.
– 这里,还有一个配角- 谁?
Here, one of the supporting characters.DIZ: Who?
穿着衣服的黑猩猩麦克葛恩
That gorilla in man’s clothing,McGann.
你是说穿着靴子的小猫咪?
Oh. You mean Puss-in-Boots?Yeah.
大部分是猫咪
Mostly Puss. Uh-huh.
另一位卓越的演员在戏里面是银色骑士
Another prominent characterin our play, the Silver Knight.
走钢索的名人
Soul of honor on a tightrope.
你不是傻了吧?
You wouldn’t be a little goofy,would you?
唐吉柯德将会马上站起来说两个重要的字
Diz, Don Quixote will stand up in aminute and speak two important words,
“威利小溪”
“Willet Creek.”
银色骑士会从钢索上摔下来
Then the Silver Knightwill fall off his tightrope
而“猫”会从靴子里跳出来
and “Puss” will jump out of his boots.
是很有秩序的
PRESIDENT:It is so ordered.
介绍新议案
Introduction of new bills
共同决议案
and joint resolutions.
主席先生!
Mr. President!
[CROWD MURMURING]
主席准许这位肺活量很好的年轻议员发言
The chair recognizes the ratherstrong-lunged junior senator,
史密斯先生
Mr. Smith.
抱歉我有个提案
I’m sorry. I have a bill…
你可以说大声点
PRESIDENT:You may speak a little louder.
但别太大声
But not too loud.
[ALL LAUGHING]
我有个议案要提出
I have a bill to propose.
[ALL LAUGHING]
请安静,各位
Order, gentlemen.
我们年轻的议员要发表言论
Our junior senatoris about to make a speech.
[ALL LAUGHING]
你可以继续
You may proceed.
由参议院和众议院共同制定
[VOICE BREAKING]”Be it enacted by the Senateand the House of Representatives
有适当的贷款
that there be appropriatedas a loan
足够建立国立儿童营
a sum sufficient to createa national boys’ camp
由美国儿童的捐赠
to be paid backto the U.S. Treasury
还给美国财政部
by contributionsfrom boys of America.
这个营
This camp
座落于邻近
to be situatedon land at and adjacent to
著名的威利溪源头的附近
the headwaters of a streamknown as Willet Creek
小溪位于泰瑞峡谷
in Terry Canyon
目的是为了各地区
for the purpose of bringing togetherboys of all walks of life
不同阶层的小孩子
from various parts of the country.
所有教条,所有民族所有阶层的小孩
Boys of all creeds,kinds and positions.
教育他们美国的观念提供相互的了解
To educate them in American idealsand to promote mutual understanding.
把健康的生活带给
To bring about a healthful life
给这片伟大而美丽 土地上的年轻人
to the youth of thisgreat and beautiful land.”
[CHILDREN CHEERING]
[GAVEL BANGINGAS APPLAUSE CONTINUES]
如果议员的声音不要一直改变他会是个很棒的演说家
Our senator will make a good oratorwhen his voice stops changing.
[ALL LAUGHING]
我开始怕了,我们叫他白♥痴♥但他一直激怒我们
I’m getting leery of him. We call himdumb, but he keeps getting in our hair.
当他发现一个水坝要盖在他建立儿童营的地方
When he finds out a dam is going upwhere he wants his boys’ camp,
他会开始提问题
he’s going to ask questions.
安静点,我想想
Be quiet. I’m trying to think.
明天会读这预算不足的议案
This Deficiency Billwill be read tomorrow.
明天?
Tomorrow?
他会听见威利水坝的部份他不能在这里
He’ll hear that sectionon the Willet Dam. He can’t be there.
我会带他去看纪念碑要是得用一个纪念碑打昏他也行
I’ll take him to see monuments, even ifI have to hit him on the head with one.
这没用
That won’t work.
这小子很老实,但不笨
This boy’s honest, not stupid.
苏珊
Susan.
我女儿不会被拿来当成工具
My daughter won’t carry outassignments like that for anybody.
[JEFF WHISTLING]
Excuse me.Beg pardon.
议员!如果你让我处理你的宣传
Senator!If you let me handle your publicity
[ALL CLAMORING]
安静,各位!
Down, everybody!
这些人是谁?
Who are those people?
骗子,猎官者,浮华者
Phonies, office seekers, cranks.
“让我儿子考进或退出西点”
“Get my son in or out of West Point…”
这台机器能在10英里内让人发热能让你赚大钱
This machine creates a fever 10 milesaway. It’ll make you a fortune.
长距离的发热
Long-distance fevers.
有个女人写了首歌♥代替“国歌♥”
A woman wrote a song to replace”The Star-Spangled Banner.”
– 想听吗?- 今天不想
Want to hear it?Not today.
我觉得像着火的房♥子还去看了林肯先生
I feel like a house afire.Even went to see Mr. Lincoln.
– 我做得怎么样?- 太好了
How did I do?Uh… Great.
我一直都很紧张
My heart was right up to hereall the time.
– 潘恩怎么想?- 脸都红了
What do you think Paine thought?Tickled pink.
老天!我希望是

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!