…if Hero would be my wife.
如果希洛小姐能够成为我的妻子…
Is’t come to this?
事情到了这个地步了?
Shall I never see a bachelor of three-score again?
难道我再也见不到终身不娶的人了?
Gentlemen.
先生们
What secret hath held you here,
是什么秘密的事情把你们带到这
that you followed not to Leonato’s?
没有让你们跟上里奥纳多?
He is in love.
他堕入爱河了!
With who?That is your grace’s part.
和谁?承蒙你的恩典
With Hero…
和希洛小姐…
…Leonato’s short daughter!
里奥纳多的矮个子女儿!
Amen,if you love her,for the lady is very well worthy.
如果你爱上她 我很赞同 她很值得去爱
You speak this to fetch me in.
你这样说是要我吐露真情
By my troth,I speak my thought.
我保证 我可是真心的
And in faith,my lord,I spoke mine.
我说的是真心话 殿下
And,by my two faiths and troths,I spoke mine.
以我的三信二仰发誓 我也是真心的
That I love her,I feel. That she is worthy,I know.
我觉得 我爱上她了 她很值得的 我知道
That I neither feel how she should be loved nor know how she is worthy…
我既感觉不到她哪里可爱也不知道她哪里值得去爱
…is the opinion that fire cannot melt out of me.I will die in it at the stake.
这是烈火也改变不了的观点 哪怕我在火刑中死去
Thou wast ever an obstinate heretic in the despite of beauty.
你永远是一个顽固的藐视美女的怪物
That a woman conceived me…
女人生下了我…
…I thank her.
我感谢她
That she brought me up,I likewise give her most humble thanks.
她把我养大 我同样向她表示最诚挚的谢意
But that I will hang my…
但是要我佩带…
…bugle in an invisible baldric…
号♥角藏在腰间…
…all women shall pardon me.
以求得所有女人的宽恕
I will live a bachelor.
我宁愿打一辈子光棍
I shall see thee ‘ere I die,look pale with love.
在我死前 总有一天我会看到你为爱情憔悴
With anger,with sickness,or with hunger,my lord…
我会愤怒 会生病 会为饥饿而憔悴 殿下…
…not with love.
但不会为爱情
Well,as time shall try.
那么 让时间证明一切吧…
“In time the savage bull doth bear the yoke.”
“总有一天 野牛也会上套的”
The savage bull may,but if ever the sensible Benedick bear it…
野牛也许会 但是假如明智的班尼迪克接受了
…pluck off the bull’s horns and set them in my forehead.
就把牛角摘下来 插在我的额头
And let me be vilely painted and in such great letters as they write:
然后把我涂上肮脏的油漆 让他们写上这样一行大字
“Here is good horse to hire,” let them signify under my sign:
“好马出租” 让他们在我的签名下面写上:
“Here you may see Benedick,the married man.”
“请看班尼迪克 结了婚的男人”
Benedick.
班尼迪克
Repair to Leonato’s.
到里奥纳多那里
Tell him I will not fail him at supper,for indeed he hath made great preparation.
告诉他晚餐我准时到 因为他做了盛大的准备
Examine your conscience.
考验你的时候到了
And so I leave you.
那么我先告辞了
Hath Leonato any son,my lord?
里奥纳多有儿子吗 殿下?
No child but Hero.She’s his only heir.
除了希洛没有别的孩子 她是唯一的继承人
Dost thou affect her,Claudio?
你真的喜欢她吗 克劳迪奥?
My lord,when you went onward on this ended action…
殿下 当你出征去战场的时候…
…I looked upon her with a soldier’s eye,that liked…
我以士兵的目光仰望她 那就像…
…but had a rougher task in hand than to drive liking to the name of love.
重任在身 无法顾及儿女私情
But now…
但是现在…
…I am returned and that war-thoughts have left their places vacant…
我归来了 而战争的思潮一去不复返…
…in their rooms come thronging soft…
随之而来的是缕缕柔情
…and delicate desires…
和美好的愿望
…all prompting me how fair young Hero is.
所有这一切都在提醒我年轻的希洛是多么美丽
Saying…
告诉你…
…I liked her ere I went to wars.
我上战场前就喜欢她了
Thou wilt be like a lover presently and tire the hearer with a book of words.
你现在就象个恋人一样憔悴 说个没完
If thou dost love fair Hero,cherish it.
如果你真的爱上了美丽的希洛 那就珍爱吧
And I will break with her and with her father and thou shalt have her.
我去说服她和她父亲 你会如愿以偿的
I know we shall have reveling tonight.
今天晚上我们会有一个狂欢的宴会
I will assume thy part in some disguise and…
我会伪装成你的样子
…tell fair Hero I am Claudio.
告诉美丽的希洛 我是克劳迪奥
And in her bosom,I’ll unclasp my heart…
在她的内心 我会敞开我的心扉
…and take her hearing prisoner,with the force and…
用魄力和动人的情话…
…strong encounter of my amorous tale.
俘获她的芳心
Then,after to her father will I break…
然后我会说服她父亲…
…and the conclusion is…
最终…
…she shall be thine.
她将属于你
In practice let us put it presently.
让我们立刻进行吧
What the good-year,my lord.
多好的年景啊 殿下
Why are you thus out of measure sad?
为什么你这么愁眉苦脸的?
There is no measure in the occasion that breeds.
不顺眼的事情太多
Therefore the sadness is without limit.
所以我的烦闷也是茫无边际的
You should hear reason.
你该听从理智的召唤
And when I have heard it…
听从了以后…
…what blessing brings it?
又有什么好处呢?
I cannot hide what I am.
我无法掩饰自己的本性
I must be sad when I have cause and smile at no man’s jests…
心里不痛快我就难过 决不会人云亦云…
…eat when I have stomach…
肚子饿了我就吃…
…and wait for no man’s leisure
决不会顾及他人的感受…
…sleep when I am drowsy…
困了我就睡…
…and tend on no man’s business…
决不会多管闲事…
…laugh…
心里高兴
…when I am merry…
我就笑…
…and claw no man in his humor.
决不会阿谀奉承
But you must not make full show of this till you may do so without controlment.
但在得到自♥由♥前 你不能完全展现本性
You have of late stood out against your brother…
最近您跟你的兄长对着干…
…and he hath ta’en you newly into his grace…
刚刚言归于好…
…where it is impossible you should take true root…
虽然要你效忠于他是不可能的事…
…but by the fair weather that you make yourself.
但为了让你的日子更好过
I had rather be a canker in a hedge…
我宁愿做树篱下的犬蔷薇
…than a rose in his grace.
也不想做他恩宠的玫瑰
In this,though I cannot be said to be a flattering,honest man…
我虽然说不上是个善于阿谀的正人君子…
…it must not be denied but I am a plain-dealing villain.
但不容否认我是一个正大光明的小人
If I had my mouth…
要是我有嘴…
…I would bite.
我就要咬人
If I had my liberty…
要是我有自♥由♥…
…I would do my liking.
我会为所欲为
In the meantime…
此时…
…let me be that I am and seek not to alter me.
让我保持我的本来面目不要设法改变它
Borachio!
波拉奇欧
What news?
有什么消息?
I can give you intelligence of an intended marriage.
我能告诉你个计划中的婚礼
Will it serve for any model to build mischief on?
我们能在这上面搞破坏吗?
Marry,it is your brother’s right hand.
结婚的人是你兄长的右手
Who?
谁?
The most exquisite Claudio? Even he.
最了不得的克罗迪奥 正是他
How came you to this?
你怎么得知的?
I heard it agreed upon that the prince should woo Hero for himself…
我听到他们在商议 王子要亲自追求希洛…
…and having obtained her,give her to Count Claudio.
得到她后 就把她送给克罗迪奥伯爵
Come.
快点
Come,let us thither.This may prove food to my displeasure.
快点 我们到那边去 也许我可以借此出一口怨气
That young start-up hath all the glory of my overthrow.
那年轻人夺走了我所有的荣誉
If I can cross him any way…
如果我能够叫他受些挫折
…I bless myself every way.
也好让我拍手称快
You are both sure…
你们都确定…
…and will assist me?
将会帮助我吗?
To the death,my lord.
誓死效忠 殿下
Shall we go prove what’s to be done? We’ll wait upon your lordship.
我们得计划一下怎么做 我们愿意听候你的吩咐
Was not Count John here at supper? I saw him not.
约翰伯爵没来吗? 我没看见他
How tartly that gentleman looks!
那位先生看起来多么阴沉!
I never can see him but I am heart-burned an hour after.
每次看见他总会令我心痛一阵子
He’s of a very melancholy disposition.
他的性格很忧郁
He were an excellent man that were made just in the midway between him and Benedick.
要是把他跟班尼迪克折衷一下那就是个优秀的人
The one is too like an image and says nothing,
一个太像塑像 老是一言不发
and the other too like my lady’s eldest son…
一个却像骄纵惯了的小少爷…
…evermore tattling.
说个不停
Then half Signior Benedick’s tongue…
把班尼迪克先生的一半口才…
…in Count John’s mouth…
给予在约翰伯爵…
…and half count John’s melancholy in Signior Benedick’s face.
把约翰伯爵的一半忧郁给予班尼迪克先生
With a good leg.
加上一双好腿
And a good foot,uncle.
加上一对好脚 叔叔

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!