I will go on the slightest errand now to the Antipodes…
我现在愿意到地球的那一边
…that you can devise to send me on.
给你干最琐细的差使
I will fetch you a hair off the Great Cham’s beard…
我愿意为您去从蒙古大可汗的脸上拔下一根胡须…
…do you any embassage to the Pigmies…
或者到侏儒国里去办些什么事情也好…
…rather than hold three words’ conference with this harpy.
也不愿意跟这女妖说三句话
You have no employment for me?
您没有什么事可以给我做吗?
None,but to desire your good company!
没有 我要请你陪着我
O God,sir,here’s a dish I love not.
啊 殿下 这是强人所难了
I cannot endure my Lady Tongue!
我可受不住咱们这位嘴尖的小姐!
Come,lady,come.
来 小姐
You have lost the heart of Signior Benedick.
你伤了班尼迪克的心啦
Indeed,my lord.
没错 殿下
He lent it me awhile.
他把心借给了我一阵子
And I gave him use for it…
我又还给了他
…a double heart for his single one.
用两颗心回报他的一颗心
Marry,once before he won it of me,
哎呀 曾经的曾经他赢得过我的芳心
with false dice.
不过那是个错误
Therefore your grace may well say I have lost it.
所以你说我失去了它 也是有道理的
You have put him down,lady,you have put him down.
你把他战胜了 小姐 你把他战胜了
So I would not he should do me,my lord…
我是不会让他战胜我的 殿下…
…lest I should prove the mother of fools.
以免别人说我是妈妈生的傻孩子
I have brought Count Claudio,whom you sent me to seek.
你叫我去找克罗迪奥伯爵 我已经把他找来了
Why,how now,Count,wherefore art thou sad?
哎 怎么了 伯爵!你为什么这样不高兴?
Not sad,my lord.
我没不高兴 殿下
How then?Sick? Neither,my lord.
那么 是生病了? 也不是 殿下
The count is neither sad,nor sick…
这位伯爵既没有不高兴 也没有生病…
…nor merry,nor well…
既不是快乐 也不是很好…
…but civil count…
只是个酸伯爵…
…civil as an orange,and something of that jealous complexion.
酸得象个橙子 从表情就能看出有多酸
I’ faith,lady,I think your blazon to be true…
真的 小姐我想您把他形容得很对…
…though I’ll be sworn,if he be so,his conceit is false.
可是我可以发誓 要是他真的那样想 那就错了
Here,Claudio.
来 克罗迪奥
I have wooed in thy name…
我已经替你向希洛求婚
…and fair Hero is won.
她已经答应了
I have broke with her father,and his good will obtained.
我也向她的父亲提过他也表示同意了
Name the day of marriage…
只剩下选定一个结婚的日子
…and God give thee joy.
愿上帝给你快乐!
Count,take of me my daughter…
伯爵 从我手里接过我的女儿
…and with her my fortunes.
我的财产也随着她一起传给您了
His grace hath made the match…
这门婚事多得殿下鼎力相助
…and all grace say Amen to it.
一定能够得到上天的嘉许!
Speak,Count…
说呀 伯爵…
…’tis your cue.
现在要轮到您说话了
Silence is the perfectest herald of joy.
静默是表示快乐的最好的方法
I were but little happy,if I could say how much.
要是我能够说出有多快乐 那我的快乐只是有限的
Lady…
小姐…
…as you are mine…
现在你是属于我的…
…I am yours.
而我也是属于你的
Speak,cousin!
说呀 表妹…
Or,if you cannot,
要是你不知道说什么好
stop his mouth with a kiss,and let not him speak neither.
就用吻来堵住他的嘴让他也不要说话
In faith,lady,you have a merry heart.
真的 小姐 您真会说笑
Yea,my lord,I thank it.
是的 殿下 也幸亏是这样
Poor fool.
可怜的傻子
It keeps on the windy side of care.
才从来不知道有什么心事
My cousin tells him in his ear that he is in her heart.
我那表妹在他耳边告诉他她心里有他呢
And so she doth,cousin.
她正是这么说 表姐
Good Lord,for alliance!
天哪 还真亲热!
Thus goes everyone to the world but I,and I am sunburnt.
姑娘们个个名花有主 只有我 人老珠黄
I may sit in a corner and cry heigh-ho for a husband.
我还是躲在角落里 哭自己没有丈夫吧
Lady Beatrice,I will get you one.
碧翠斯小姐 我来帮你选一个吧
I would rather have one of your father’s getting.
我倒是愿意选你父亲的儿子做为丈夫
Hath your grace ne’er a brother like you?
难道殿下没有象你一样的兄弟吗?
Your father got excellent husbands,if a maid could come by them.
君王的儿子才是理想的丈夫 可惜女子不容易接近他们
Will you have me,lady?
你是想嫁给我 小姐?
No,my lord…
不 殿下…
…unless I might have another for working-days.
除非我的丈夫再普通些
Your grace is too costly to wear every day.
因为您太高贵啦
But,I beseech your grace,pardon me.I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.
可是我要请殿下原谅 我生来就爱说笑 没正经话
Your silence most offends me…
你要是不声不响我才要生气呢…
…and to be merry best becomes you…
说说笑笑正是您的风趣本色…
…for,out of question,you were born in a merry hour.
我想您一定是在一个快乐的时辰里出生的
No,sure,my lord…
不 其实 殿下…
…my mother cried.
我妈当时在哭
But then there was a star danced…
不过当时有一颗星星在跳舞…
…and under that was I born.
我就这样出生了
Cousins.
表妹
God give you joy!
愿上帝给你们快乐
By my troth,a pleasant-spirited lady.
说实话 真是一位活泼快乐的小姐
There’s little of the melancholy element in her.
她身上找不出一丝丝的忧愁
She is never sad but when she sleeps,
她从来没有伤心过 即使是在睡觉
and not ever then…
也从来没有过…
…for I’ve heard my daughter say…
因为我曾经听见女儿说起…
she hath often dreamt of unhappiness…
她往往会梦见什么淘气的事情…
…and waked herself with laughing.
把自己笑醒过来
She cannot endure to hear tell of a husband.
她不喜欢听见人家向她谈起丈夫
By no means.
决不喜欢
She were an excellent wife for Benedick.
她很适合当班尼迪克的妻子
If they were but a week married,they would talk themselves mad.
如果他们两个结婚 不到一星期 准会吵疯了呢
Claudio,when mean you to go to church?
克罗迪奥 你打算什么时候上教堂?
Tomorrow,my lord.
就明天吧 殿下
Not till Monday,my dear son,which is hence a just seven-night…
还是等到星期一吧 贤婿 前后也不过七天…
…and a time too brief,too,to have all things answer my mind.
要把一切事情办得都称心 这几天日子还嫌太局促了些
I warrant thee,Claudio,
我向你保证 克罗迪奥
the time shall not go dully by us.
我们不会让这段时间过得太闷
I will,in the interim,undertake one of Hercules’ labors…
我想 在这几天内 完成一件非常难办的事…
…which is to bring Signior Benedick and the Lady Beatrice…
让班尼迪克和碧翠斯小姐…
…into a mountain of affection,the one with the other.
摒弃前嫌 彼此热恋起来
I would fain have it a match,
我很想把他们两人配成一对
and I doubt not but to fashion it…
那是一定可以成功的…
…if you minister such assistance as I give you direction.
要是你们三个人愿意听我的吩咐
My lord,I am for you,though it cost me 10 nights’ watchings.
殿下 我愿意全力协助你
And I,my lord.
我也愿意出力 殿下
And you,too,gentle Hero?
您也愿意帮帮忙吗 温柔的希洛?
I will do any modest office,my lord,
殿下 我愿意尽我的微力
to help my cousin to a good husband.
帮助我表姐得到一位好丈夫
If we can do this,Cupid is no longer an archer.
要是我们成功了 丘比特也可以不用再射他的箭啦
His glory shall be ours,for we are the only love-gods.
他的荣誉将属于我们 因为我们才是真正的爱神
Go with me,I will tell you my drift.
跟我来 让我把计划告诉你们
I do much wonder…
我真不懂…
…that one man…
一个人…
…seeing how much another man is a fool when he dedicates his behaviors to love…
明明知道沉迷在恋爱里是一件多么愚蠢的事…
…will,after he hath laughed at such shallow follies in others…
可是在讥笑他人的浅薄无聊以后…
…become the argument of his own scorn by falling in love.
偏偏会自打耳光照样跟人家闹起恋爱来
And such a man is Claudio.
克罗迪奥就是这种人
I have known when there was no music with him but the drum and the fife…
从前我认识他时 战鼓和军笛是他的唯一的音乐
…and now would he rather hear the tabor and the pipe.
现在他却宁愿听小鼓和萧
I have known when he would have walked 10 mile afoot to see a good armor.
从前他会跑10哩路去看一身好盔甲
And now will he lie 10 nights awake,carving the fashion of a new doublet.
现在他却会10晚上不睡 设计一套时尚的紧身衣
He was wont to speak plain and to the purpose,like an honest man and a soldier.
从前他说话总是直截了当 像个老实的军人
Now is he turned orthography.
现在他却成了老学究
His words are a very fantastical banquet…
咬文嚼字…
…just so many strange dishes.
满嘴都是些希奇古怪的话儿
May I be so converted,and see with these eyes?
我会不会眼看自己也变得像他一样呢?
I cannot tell.I think not.
我不知道 我想不至于
I will not be sworn…
我不用发誓…
…but love may transform me to an oyster.
但是爱情不会叫我变成一个牡蛎
But I’ll take my oath on it,till he hath made an oyster of me…
可是我可以发誓 在它没有把我变成牡蛎以前…
…he shall never make me such a fool.
一定不会把我变成这样一个傻瓜
One woman is fair,yet I am well.
漂亮的女人 我无动于衷

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!