And money enough in his purse.
袋里有几个钱
Such a man would win any woman in the world.
这样一个男人 世上无论哪个女人都愿意嫁给他的
If he could get her good will.
要是他能够得到她的欢心的话
By my troth,niece,thou wilt never get thee a husband,if thou be so shrewd of thy tongue.
我发誓 侄女 说话这样刻薄 你也会嫁不出去的
Lord,I could not endure a husband with a beard on his face.
爵爷 我不能忍♥受一个满脸胡须的丈夫
I’d rather lie in the woolen.
我宁愿在羊毛中死去
You may light on a husband that hath no beard.
你可以找一个没胡须的丈夫
And what should I do with him?
那该跟他做什么呢?
Dress him in my apparel and make him my waiting-gentlewoman?
叫他穿起我的衣服来让他做我的侍女吗?
He that hath a beard is more than a youth.
有胡须的年纪一定不小了
And he that hath no beard is less than a man.
没胡须的算不得须眉男子
And he that is more than a youth is not for me.
我不要一个老头子做我的丈夫
And he that is less than a man,I am not for him.
也不愿意嫁给个没有丈夫气的男人
Yet in faith,she’s too cursed.
说实在的 她太邪恶了
Well,then,go you into hell?
你会因此而进地狱的?
No,but to the gate.
不 我刚走到门口
And there will the devil meet me like an old cuckold…
迎接我的魔鬼像个年老的戴绿帽者…
…with horns on his head,and say:
头上戴着角 说:
“Get you to heaven,Beatrice.
你到天堂去吧 碧翠斯
“Here’s no place for you maids.”
这儿不是你们姑娘家住的地方
So away to Saint Peter for the heavens.
然后去到天堂见到圣彼得
He shows me where the bachelors sit.
他指点我单身汉在什么地方
And there live we as merry as the day is long.
我在那里生活得非常快乐
Well,niece,I hope you will be ruled by your father.
侄女我希望你父亲会管教你…
Yes,faith,it is my cousin’s duty to make curtsy…
说真的 这是我表妹的责任 先行个礼
…and say,”Father,as it please you.”
然后说 “父亲 由你做主”
But yet for all that,cousin,
但话是这么说 表妹
let him be a handsome fellow…
他一定要是个帅小伙才好…
…or else make another curtsy and say,
否则你还是再行个礼说
“Father,as it please me.”
“父亲 这可要让我自己作主了”
Daughter…
女儿…
…remember what I told you.
记住我的话
If the prince do solicit you in that kind…
如果王子向你提出那样的请求…
…you know your answer.
你知道你应该怎样回答他
Well,niece.
好了 侄女
I hope to see you one day fitted with a husband.
我希望能看到你找到如意郎君
Not till God make men of some other metal than earth.
那可要等到上帝用金属不是用泥来造人的那天
Cousin,you apprehend passing shrewdly.
侄女 你的观察倒是十分深刻
I have a good eye,uncle.I can see a church by daylight.
我眼睛很好的 叔叔 我能在白天能看清一座教堂
The revellers are entering!
跳舞的人进来了!
Lady,will you walk about with your friend?
小姐愿意陪你的朋友走走吗?
I know you well enough.You are Signior Antonio.
我早就认出你了 你是安东尼奥先生
At a word,I am not.
简而言之 我不是
I know you by the waggling of your head.
我瞧你摇头摆脑的样子就知道是你
At a word,I am not.
简而言之 我不是
Come,come,do you think I do not know you by your excellent wit?
算了 算了 这样才华横溢的家伙我能认错吗?
Can virtue hide itself?
难道美德能藏起来吗?
Go to,mum,you are he.
别多话了 你一定是他
Graces will appear,and there’s an end.
您正是他不用再抵赖了
Well,I would you did like me.
喂 我敢说你一定很喜欢我
So would not I,for I have many ill qualities.
我才不会呢 因为我毛病太多
Which is one? I say my prayers aloud.
什么毛病? 我祷告时会很大声
Will you not tell me who told you,sir?
你就不肯告诉我 是谁对你说的吗?
No,you shall pardon me.
不 请原谅
Nor will you not tell me who you are? Not now.
你也不肯告诉我你是谁吗? 现在不行
That I was disdainful…
说我目中无人…
…and that I had my good wit out of the “Hundred Merry Tales.”
说我的俏皮话儿都是从笑话书里偷下来的
Well,this was Signior Benedick that said so.
这一定是班尼迪克说的
What’s he?
他是什么人?
I’m sure you know him well enough.
我相信您一定很熟悉他的
Not I,believe me.
相信我 我不认识他
Did he never make you laugh?
他从没让你笑过吗?
I pray you,what is he?
请你告诉我 他是什么人?
Why,he is the prince’s jester.
哎呀 他是王子的小丑
A very dull fool.
一个非常无趣的小丑
His only gift is in devising impossible slanders.
他唯一的能耐就是捏造一些无稽的谣言
None but libertines delight in him,
只有放浪的家伙会喜欢他
for he both pleases men and angers them…
既会讨好人家 又会惹人家生气
…and then they laugh at him and beat him.
所以他们一面笑他一面打他
I am sure he is in the fleet.
我想他一定在人群里
I would he had boarded me.
我希望他会碰到我
When I know the gentleman,I’ll tell him what you say.
等我认识这位先生后我可以把你的话转告他
Do.
很好
We must follow the leaders.
我们应该跟随领队的
In every good thing.
万事皆顺
Are not you Signior Benedick?
你不正是班尼迪克先生吗?
You know me well.I am he.
你认识我 我就是
Signior,you are very near my brother in his love.
先生 你跟我那堕入爱河的兄长非常亲近
He is enamoured on Hero.
他迷恋上希洛了
I pray you,dissuade him from her.She is no equal for his birth.
我恳求你 劝他离开她 她和他的身份不般配
How know you he loves her?
你怎么知道他爱她?
I heard him swear his affection.
我听到他为爱情而宣誓
So did I,too.And he swore he would marry her tonight.
我也听到了他誓言他要在今晚娶她
Come,let us to the banquet.
来吧 我们去参加宴会
Thus answer I in name of Benedick…
尽管我以班尼迪克之名来回答
…but hear these ill news with the ears of Claudio.
但却是以克罗迪奥之耳听到这个坏消息
‘Tis certain so…
这是必然的
…the prince woos for himself!
王子在为他自己求爱
Friendship is constant in all other things…
友谊通常在别的事情上是可靠的…
…save in the office and affairs of love.
但在爱情上 却往往另当别论
This is an accident of hourly proof…
这样的事情数不胜数…
…which I mistrusted not.
用不着再验证
Farewell,therefore,Hero!
就这样吧 永别了 希洛!
Count Claudio? Yea,the same.
克罗迪奥伯爵? 是的
Come,will you go with me? Whither?
来 跟我来 去哪里?
About your own business.
为了你自己的事
The prince hath got your Hero! I wish him joy of her!
王子夺走了你的希洛! 我希望他们姻缘美满!
Did you think the prince would have served you thus?
你以为王子会这样对待你吗?
I pray you,leave me.
请你让我一个人呆在这儿吧
Alas,poor hurt fowl!
唉 受伤害的小可怜!
But that my Lady Beatrice should know me,and not know me!
但我的碧翠斯小姐应该认出我的 然而并没有认出我!
The prince’s fool?
王子的小丑?
I am not so reputed.
我不会是这样的名声的
It is the base,the bitter disposition of Beatrice…
一定是尖酸 刻薄的碧翠斯…
…that puts the world into her person and so gives me out.
根据自己的想法编造出来毁谤我的
Well…
嗯…
…l’ll be revenged as I may.
我一定会报复的
Now,signior,where’s the count?
现在 伯爵在哪?
Troth,my lord,
不瞒殿下说
I found him here as melancholy…
我看见他像沃伦的一个林中小屋一样忧郁…
as a lodge in a warren.
独自在这里发呆
I told him,and I think I told him true…
我就对他说 我想我对他说的是真话…
…that your grace had got the good will of this young lady.
你已经得到这位姑娘的芳心了
The Lady Beatrice hath a quarrel to you.
碧翠斯小姐在生你的气
The gentleman that danced with her told her she is much wronged by you.
陪她跳舞的那位先生告诉她你说了她许多坏话
She misused me past the endurance of a block!
她才把我侮辱得连一块顽石都要气得跳起来呢
She told me,not thinking I had been myself,
她不知道我就站在她的面前
that I was the prince’s jester…
对我说我是亲王的小丑…
…that I was duller than a great thaw
我是比大解冻时还烂的烂泥巴…
…huddling jest upon jest with such impossible conveyance upon me…
她用一连串恶毒的讥讽…
…that I stood like a man at a mark…
像乱箭似的向我射了过来…
…with a whole army shooting at me.
我简直变成了一个箭垛
She speaks poniards…
她说话就像匕♥首♥
…and every word stabs.
每一个字都刺到人心里
If her breath were terrible as her terminations,
要是她嘴里的气息跟她的说话一样恶毒
there were no living near her.
那么走近她的人都不会活命
She would infect to the North Star.
她的毒气会把北极星都熏坏呢
So,indeed,all disquiet,horror and perturbation follows her.
所以一切的混乱 恐怖纷扰 都跟着她一起来了
Look,here she comes.
瞧 她来啦
Will your grace command me any service to the world’s end?
殿下有没有什么事情要派我到世界的尽头去?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!