Another is wise,yet I am well.Another,
聪明的女人 我无动于衷
virtuous,yet I am well.
贤惠的女人 我无动于衷
But till all graces be in one woman…
除非在一个女人身上能集♥合♥一切优点…
…one woman shall not come in my grace.
否则没有一个女人会中我的意的
Rich she shall be,that’s certain.
她一定要有钱这是不用说的
Wise,or I’ll none.
她必须聪明 不然我就不要
Virtuous,or I’ll never cheapen her.
她必须贤惠 不然我也不敢领教
Fair,or I’ll never look on her.
她必须美貌 不然我也看不上眼
Mild…
她必须温柔
…or come not near me.
否则她不要走近我
Of good discourse.An excellent musician.
她必须会讲话 精通音乐
And her hair…
她的头发…
…shall be…
必须是…
…of what color it please God.
天然的颜色
The prince and Monsieur Love.
是王子跟咱们这位多情种子
I will hide me.
我得躲起来才行
See you where Benedick hath hid himself?
你们看见班尼迪克躲在什么地方吗?
Very well,my lord.
看得很清楚 殿下
Come,Balthasar.
来 巴尔萨泽
We’ll hear that song again.
我们要把那首歌♥再听一遍
Now,divine air.
啊 神圣的曲调
Now is his soul ravished!
现在他的灵魂要飘飘然起来了!
Is it not strange that sheeps’ guts should hale souls out of men’s bodies?
几根羊肠绷起来的弦线会触动人心 真是不可思议?
Sigh no more,ladies
别再叹息 姑娘们
Sigh no more
别再叹息
Men were deceivers ever
男子从来都是虚情假意
One foot in sea
一脚在海里
and one on shore
一脚却在岸堤
To one thing constant never
向来是三心二意
Then sigh not so
所以 不必如此悲泣
but let them go
他们要离去 尽管离去
And be you blithe
你们从此拥有愉悦
and bonny
绽放美丽
Converting all your sounds of woe
抛弃一切忧伤的记忆
Into Hey nonny,nonny
欢唱 嗨 诺尼 诺尼!
Sing no more ditties,Sing no more
别再低声吟唱 别再唱得
Of dumps so dull and heavy
忧郁 如此乏味无趣
The fraud of men
男子们
was ever so
总是薄情寡意
Since summer
夏天一到
first was leafy
满树绿叶 不足为奇
Then sigh not so
所以 不必如此悲泣
but let them go
他们要离去 尽管离去
And be you blithe and bonny
你们从此拥有愉悦 绽放美丽
Converting all
抛弃一切
your sounds of woe
忧伤的记忆
Into Hey nonny,nonny
哦 欢唱 “诺尼 诺尼!”
By my troth,a good song. And an ill singer,my lord.
真是一首好歌♥ 可是我唱得不太好 殿下
No,no,faith,thou singest well enough.
不 真的 你唱得挺不错
An’ he had been a dog that should have howled thus,they’d have hanged him.
倘然他是一条狗这么个叫法 他们一定会把他吊死
Come hither,Leonato.
过来 里奥纳多
What was it you told me of today?
您今天对我怎么说?
That your niece Beatrice was in love with Signior Benedick?
说是令侄女碧翠斯在爱慕着班尼迪克?
I did never think that lady would have loved any man.
我可没想到小姐会爱上什么人
No,nor I neither.
是啊 我也没想到
But most wonderful that she should so dote on Signior Benedick…
尤其想不到的是她竟会对班尼迪克这样一往情深…
…whom she hath in all outward behaviors seemed ever to abhor.
她总是把他当作冤家对头似的
Is it possible?
有这样的事吗?
Maybe she doth but counterfeit?
也许她是假装着骗人的?
Faith,like enough.
喂 那倒也有几分可能
O,God!
上帝啊!
Counterfeit?
假装出来的?
There was never counterfeit of passion came so near the life of passion…
我从来没有见过谁能把热情假装得…
…as she discovers it.
像她这样逼真
Why?
啊?
What effects of passion shows she?
那么她是怎样表示她的热情的呢?
Bait the hook well.This fish will bite.
好好儿把钓钩放下去鱼儿就要吞饵了
What effects,my lord?
怎样表示 殿下?
You heard my daughter tell you how.
你听见过我女儿怎样告诉你的
She did,indeed.
她是这样告诉过我的
How,I pray you?
怎么?你们说呀?
You amaze me!
你们让我好奇死了!
I should think this a trick,
倘不是这白须老头儿说的话
but that the gray-bearded fellow speaks it.
我一定会把它当作一场诡计
Hath she made her affection known to Benedick?
她有没有向班尼迪克示爱?
No,and swears she never will.That’s her torment.
不 她发誓永远不让他知道 这正是她痛苦的原因
She’ll be up 20 times a night…
一夜她总要起来20次…
…and there she’ll sit in her smock till she have writ a sheet of paper.
披了一件外衣写满了一张纸再睡下去…
Then down upon her knees she falls,weeps…
她跪在地上 痛哭流涕…
…sobs,beats her heart,
哽咽着 敲打着胸口
tears her hair,curses:
扯着她的头发 一面祈祷一面咒诅:
“O sweet Benedick!
啊 亲爱的班尼迪克!
“God give me patience!”
上帝呀 赐予我忍♥耐力吧
She doth indeed,my daughter says so.
她确实这样 小女就是这样说的
My daughter is sometime afeared…
有时候简直让我女儿提心吊胆…
…that she will do a desperate outrage to herself.
恐怕她会做出什么不顾死活的事情来
It is very true.
这些都是千真万确的
It were good that Benedick knew of it. To what end?
让班尼迪克知道也好 有什么用处呢?
He would make but a sport of it and torment the poor lady worse.
他只会让叫这个可怜的姑娘更难堪罢了
I’m sorry for her.
我为她而难过
I pray you,tell Benedick of it,and hear what he will say.
我请你们 去告诉班尼迪克 听他怎么说
Were it good,think you?
您想这样会有用处吗?
Hero thinks surely she will die…
希洛相信她迟早活不下去…
…for she says she will die if he love her not…
因为她说要是他不爱她她一定会死…
…and she will die,ere she make her love known,
可是她宁死 也不愿让他知道她爱他
and she will die,if he woo her.
即使他向她求婚 她也宁死不屈
If she should make tender of her love,’tis very possible he’ll scorn it…
要是她向他呈献了一片深情 多半会遭他奚落…
…for the man,as you know all,hath a contemptible spirit.
因为你们都知道 这个人的脾气是非常骄傲的
I love Benedick well…
我很欢喜班尼迪克…
…and I could wish he would modestly examine himself…
我希望他能够平心静气反省一下…
…to see how much he is unworthy…
看看他自己多么配不上…
…so good a lady.
这么一位好姑娘
My lord,will you walk?Dinner is ready.
殿下 请吧晚饭已经准备好了
If he do not dote on her upon this,
要是他听见了这样的话还不爱上她
I will never trust my expectation.
我以后再不相信我的预测
Let the same net be spread for her,
咱们还要给她设下同样的圈套
and that must your daughter and her gentlewoman carry.
那可要请令爱跟她的侍女多多费心
Let us send Beatrice to call him in to dinner.
叫碧翠斯去请他进去吃饭吧
This can be no trick.
这不会是诡计
The conference was sadly borne.
他们谈话的神气是很严肃的
They have the truth of this from Hero.
从希洛嘴里听到的事当然不会是假的
Love me?
她爱上我?
Why…
哎哟…
…it must be requited.
我一定要报答她才是
I hear how I am censured.
我已经听见他们怎样批评我
They say I will bear myself proudly if I perceive the love come from her.
他们说要是我知道了她在爱我我一定会摆架子
They say,too,that she will rather die than give any sign of affection.
他们又说她宁死也不愿把她的爱情表示出来
I did never think to marry.
我从没想过要结婚
I must not seem proud.
我一定不要摆架子
Happy are they that hear their detractions and can put them to mending.
一个人知道了自己的短处能改过自新 就是有福的
They say the lady is fair.I can bear them witness.
他们说这姑娘长得漂亮这是真的 我可以为他们证明
And virtuous,’tis so,I cannot reprove it.
说她品行很好这也是事实 我不能否认
And wise,but for loving me.
说她除了爱我以外 别的地方都是很聪明的
By my troth,it is no addition to her wit…
其实这一件事情固然不足表示她的聪明…
…nor no great argument of her folly…
可是也不能因此反证她的愚蠢…
…for I will be…
因为就是我…
…horribly in love with her.
也要从此为她颠倒
I may chance have some odd quirks…
也许人家会…
…and remnants of wit broken on me…
向我冷嘲热讽…
…because I have railed so long against marriage.
因为我一向都讥笑结婚的无聊

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!