I have studied some wise words to speak to you…
我有些事像请教你…
…which these hobby-horses must not hear.
你可不能听信这些闲言闲语
For my life,to break with him about Beatrice.
我敢保证一定是关于他与碧翠斯的好事
My lord and brother,God save you.
上帝保佑您 王兄!
Good e’en,brother.
你好 王弟
If your leisure served,I would speak with you.
您要是有时间的话我想跟您谈谈
In private?
不能让别人听见吗?
If it please you.Yet Claudio may hear.
是 不过克罗迪奥伯爵可以听
What I’d speak of concerns him.
因为我要说的正是他的事
What’s the matter?
是什么事?
You may think I love you not.
你也许以为我对您有点儿过不去
Let that appear hereafter,and aim better at me by that I now will manifest.
我希望你听了我打算告诉你的话之后 能对我改观
Means your lordship to be married tomorrow? You know he does.
大人预备在明天结婚吗? 那你早就知道了
I know not that,when he knows what I know.
要是他知道了我所知道的事 那就难说了
Hero!
希洛!
The lady is disloyal.
这位小姐是不贞洁的
If you love her now,tomorrow wed her.
要是仍旧爱她那么明天就跟她结婚吧
But it would better fit your honor to change your mind.
可是为了你的名誉起见 还是改变你的心意吧
Conrade!
康拉德!
What,Conrade!
喂 康拉德!
Conrade,I say.
喂 康拉德!
Here,man,I am at thy elbow.
这儿 朋友 我就在你身边
Mass,and my elbow itched,I thought there would a scab follow.
他妈的!怪不得我身上痒原来有一额疯疥在我身边
I will owe thee an answer for that.
等会儿再跟你算账
And now forward with thy tale.
现在还是先讲你的故事吧
Sit close,then. Some treason,masters.
那就坐近一点 弟兄们 一定有阴谋
I know him!
我认得他!
I have,tonight,wooed Margaret…
我今晚去跟玛格利特幽会
…the Lady Hero’s gentlewoman…
希洛小姐的侍女…
…by the name of Hero.
我把她叫做希洛
I shall first tell thee how the prince,Claudio,and my master…
我该先告诉你 王子克罗迪奥和我的主人…
…planted by my master,Don John…
由我那主人唐·约翰一手策划…
…saw this…
瞧见…
…amiable encounter.
我们这一场幽会
And thought they Margaret was Hero?
他们都以为玛格利特就是希洛吗?
Aye,and away went Claudio,enraged.
是的 惹得那克罗迪奥一怒而去
We charge you,in the prince’s name,stand!
我们用王子的名义命令你们站住!
Call up the right master constable.
去把巡官叫起来
We have here recovered…
我们刚破获了
…the most dangerous piece of lechery that was ever known in the commonwealth.
一件有史以来最危险的奸♥淫♥案子
Masters! Never speak.
主人! 闭嘴
There,sir.
这边 先生
What would you with me,neighbors?
朋友 你有什么事要对我说?
Sir,our watch tonight,excepting your worship’s presence…
今天晚上我们的巡丁…
…hath ta’en a couple of as arrant knaves as any in Messina.
捉到了墨西拿两个最坏的人
A good old man,sir.He will be talking.
老爷 他是个很好的老头子
As they say,when the age is in,the wit is out.
人家说的年纪一老 人也变糊涂
Well said,i’ faith,neighbor Verges.
说得好 真的弗吉斯伙计
Well,God’s a good man.
喂 上帝是个好人
An’ two men ride of a horse,one must ride behind.
两个人骑一匹马 总有一个人在后面
All men are not alike,alas,good neighbor.
世上有好人也就有坏人 唉!好伙计
Indeed,neighbor,he comes too short of you.
事实上 伙计 你怎样都差上一截
Gifts that God gives!
这也是上帝的恩典!
Neighbors,you are tedious.
两位老乡 你们缠绕的本领可真不小啊
It pleases your worship to say so…
承蒙您老夸奖…
…but we are the poor duke’s officers.
不过我们都是公爵手下可怜的小兵
But truly,for mine own part,
可是说真的 拿我自个儿来说
if I were as tedious as a king…
要是我的本领有君王那样大…
…I could find in my heart to bestow it all…
我一定舍得拿来一古脑儿
…on your worship.
全传给您老
All thy tediousness on me?
把你的缠绕的本领全传给我?
I would fain know what you have to say.
我最满意的是你们有话就快说出来
Our watch,sir,have indeed comprehended two auspicious persons…
我们的巡丁真的捉住了两个形迹可疑的人
…and we would this morning have them examined before your worship.
我们想在今天当着您面前把他们审问一下
Take their examination yourself,and bring it me.
你们自己去审问吧有结果再来告诉我
I am now in great haste,as it may appear unto you.
我现在忙得不得了 你们也一定可以看得出来的
Drink some wine ere you go.
你们喝点儿酒再走
We are now to examination these men.
我们现在就去审问他们
Meet me at the jail.
咱们在监牢里会面吧
You come hither,my lord,to marry this lady.
爵爷 您到这儿来是要跟这位小姐举♥行♥婚礼的吗
No.

To be married to her.
他是来跟她结婚的
You come to marry her.
您才是给她举♥行♥婚礼的人
Lady…
小姐…
…you come hither to be married to this count.
您到这儿来是要跟这位伯爵结婚吗
I do.
是的
If either of you have any inward impediment why you should not be conjoined…
要是你们两人有谁知道有什么阻碍
…I charge you,on your souls,to utter it.
那么为了免去你们灵魂的责罚我命令你们说出来
Know you any,Hero? None,my lord.
你知道有没有 希洛? 没有 我的主
Know you any,count? I dare make his answer,none.
伯爵 您知道有没有? 我敢替他回答 没有
Stand thee by,friar.
神父 请你站在一旁
Father,by your leave…
老人家 对不起…
…will you,with free,unconstrained soul,give me this maid,your daughter?
您愿意这样慷慨地把这位姑娘您的女儿 给我吗?
As freely,son,as God did give her me.
是的 贤婿 正像上帝把她给我的时候一样慷慨
And what have I to give you back,whose worth may counterpoise this…
我该拿什么来报答您它的价值可以抵得过…
…rich…
一件”如此贵重”
…and precious gift?
的礼物呢?
Nothing,unless you render her again.
用什么都不行除非把她仍旧还给他
Sweet prince,you learn me noble thankfulness.
好殿下 您已经教会我表示感谢的最得体的方法了
There,Leonato,take her back again!
里奥纳多把她拿回去吧
Give not this rotten orange to your friend.
不要把这只坏橘子送给你的朋友
She’s but the sign and semblance of her honor.
她只是外表上像一个贞洁的女人罢了
Behold how like a maid she blushes here!
她害羞的样子多像一个无邪的少女
Would you not swear…
你们大家看见她这种表面上的做作…
…all you that see her,that she were a maid,by these exterior shows?
不是都会发誓说她是个处♥女♥吗?
But she is none!
可是她已经不是一个处♥女♥了
She knows the heat…
她已经领略过了
…of a luxurious bed!
枕席上的风情
What do you mean,my lord? Not to be married…
爵爷 您这是什么意思 我不要结婚…
…not to knit my soul to an approved wanton.
不要把我的灵魂跟一个声名狼藉的淫♥妇♥结合在一起
No!
不!
Dear my lord…
爵爷
…if you,in your own proof…
要是照您这样说来
…have vanquished the resistance of her youth…
您因为她年幼可欺…
…and made defeat of her virginity… – No,Leonato!
已经破坏了她的贞操… 不 里奥纳多!
I never tempted her with word too large.
我从来不曾用甜言蜜语来引诱她
But…
我只是
…as a brother to his sister…
像一个兄长对待妹妹那样…
…showed bashful sincerity and comely love.
表示着纯洁的真诚和合礼的情爱
And seemed I ever otherwise to you?
您看我对您不也正是这样吗?
You seem to me as Dian in her orb.
我以为你像月亮里的狄安娜女神一样纯洁
But you are more intemperate in your blood than Venus…
可是你却像维纳斯一样…
…or those pampered animals…
像纵欲的禽兽一样…
…that rage in savage sensuality.
放荡无♥耻♥
Is my lord well,that he doth speak so wide?
老天爷 怎么他会讲起这种荒唐的话来?
Sweet prince,why speak not you? What should I speak?
好殿下 您怎么不说句话? 叫我说些什么呢?
I stand dishonored,that have gone about to link my dear friend to a common stale.
我竭力撮合我的好朋友和一个淫♥妇♥ 我的脸也丢尽
No!
不!
What man was he talked with you yesternight…
昨天晚上在12点到1点之间…
…out at your window betwixt 12:00 and 1:00?
在你的窗口跟你谈话的那个男人是谁?
I talk’d with no man at that hour,my lord.
爵爷 我那时不曾跟什么男人谈过话
Why,then you are no maiden.
哎呀 你已经不是处♥女♥了
Leonato,I’m sorry you must hear.
里奥纳多 我很抱歉要让你知道这一件事
Upon mine honor,myself,my brother and this grieved count did see her…
凭着我的名誉起誓 我我的王弟和这位受人欺骗的伯爵
…hear her,at that hour last night…
昨天晚上在那个时候的的确确看见她…
…talk with a ruffian at her chamber-window who hath indeed,most like a liberal villain
也听见她在她卧室的窗口跟一个混账东西谈话
…confessed the vile encounters they have had 1,000 times in secret.
那家伙已经亲口招认他们已经幽会过许多次
How now,cousin!
怎会那样 表妹!
Come,let us go.
来 我们走吧
These things,come thus to light,smother her spirits up.
她因为隐事给人揭发一时差愧交集 所以昏过去了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!