This is all gonna come out, Lanny.
会被公开
Publicly.
一般不都是这样吗
Generally does.
那好
Okay.
我在笑什么?
What am I laughing about?
梅根
Oh, Megan.
兰尼
Lanny.
我想是八到十二份左右吧
I’d say eight to 12 settlements.
你觉得这正常吗?
And do you think that’s normal?
让男人赚这么多钱?
For men to make so many payoffs?

I do. Yeah.
感觉我们越来越接近真♥相♥了
It feels like we’re so close.
你觉得我们能成功吗?
Do you think we’ll get it?
如果不成功 怎么办?
What if we don’t?
我经常做关于那个男人的噩梦
I’m having nightmares about him.
天呐 我也是
Oh, my God. I have them too.
是吧
Yeah?
我很害怕我们知道这一切 但最终只能将这些带进坟墓
I’m terrified we know all this, and we might go to our graves knowing it.
故事会继续
The story will run.
我担心的是 大家对这些都满不在乎
My worry is people won’t care.
连控制都谈不上 更别说让这种事不再发生了
And he won’t even be slowed down, let alone stopped.
就像一片满是不法行为的海洋
It’s like an ocean of wrongdoing.
你能想象外面有多少哈维吗?
I mean, can you imagine how many Harveys there are out there?
每天会上演多少起这样的惨事?
Every day?
我有时候很想知道
I sometimes wonder…
我生米拉的时候
when I had Mira,
如果说…
if…
如果所有的创伤
if all the trauma,
不只是在我身上 而是在我交谈过的所有女性身上
not just in me, but in all of the women I talked to,
如果只是…
if it just…
这种黑暗 这种持续的暴♥力♥ 会不会突然爆发了?
This darkness, this constant violence, if it just sort of imploded?
或许 女性罹患抑郁症也有这方面的原因吧
Maybe that’s part of the depression that hits women.
你有没有希望过自己从未参与到这件事当中
Do you wish you hadn’t signed up for this story?
你呢?
Do you?
没有
No.
我也没有
No.
上次我们见面时 你提到了一份备忘录?
The last time we met, you mentioned a memo?
这是一位前高管写的
It was from an ex-executive.
波及之广 言辞之厉
And it was extensive, scathing.
她把这个发给了董事会
She sent it to the board.
这是什么时候的事?董事会的人的反应如何?
When was this? How did they react?
引起一阵短暂的轰动 然后她就离开了
It was a short burst of behind-doors mayhem, and then she left.
备忘录上都写了些什么?
What did her memo say?
这家公♥司♥被毒气包裹着
That the company was a toxic environment.
有人提出要备份吗?
Would anyone have a copy?

Hey.
– 抱歉有点晚了 – 呃
– Sorry it’s so late. – Mmm.
你还好吗?
You okay?
塔里亚起晚了 维奥莱特醒了两次
Uh, Talia was up late. Violet woke up twice.
我的收件箱里塞满了愤怒的人们关于这个保险故事的报道的回应
I have an inbox filled with enraged people about this insurance story
这则新闻 一石激起千层浪
which is going to be huge.
这里已经有几百封邮件了
There’s already hundreds of emails here,
还有…飓风正在向佛罗里达逼近
and there is… a hurricane heading towards Florida.
所以我得想办法飞过去
So, I am going to somehow fly down there
在我爸被飓风卷走之前 把他接到其他地方
and move my dad someplace else before he is literally blown away.
我紧张时 眼睛会轻微抽动
And I have a slight nervous twitch in my eye.
我看看
Let me see.
你能拿到葡萄干吗?
Can you get the raisin?
嘿!嘿!霍莉!
Hey! Hey! Holly!
你慢点
Slow down.
你能抱一下克拉比吗?
Here. Will you hold Crabby for a second?
至少他们玩得很开心
Least they’re having fun.
嗨 我是乔迪·坎特
Hi. This is Jodi Kantor.
我是罗威娜 我现在在纽约
This is Rowena Chiu. I’m in New York.
你现在还想跟我碰个面吗?
Do you still want to meet up?
我不能告诉任何人
I couldn’t tell anyone.
不仅是我父母 连我丈夫都不知道这件事
Not my parents. Not even my husband.
为什么不告诉他们?
Why not?
我在一个移♥民♥家庭里长大
I grew up in an immigrant household.
你知道吗 我从小被教导
I was taught to keep my head down,
要低调 要努力工作 不要引人注意
work hard and not draw attention to myself, you know?
在中国文化中 我觉得自己必须得不惜一切代价去保护家人
In Chinese culture, I felt I had to protect my family at all costs.
那会我太年轻了 害怕的发抖
And I was young, scared.
你能告诉我威尼斯电影节上 发生了什么事吗?
Can you tell me anything about what happened in Venice?
就是私下聊聊 对吧
This is off the record, yeah?
我上夜班
I had the evening shifts,
和哈维一起看剧本笔记
going through notes on screenplays with Harvey.
一天晚上 我们正在工作
One night, we were working,
他就一直试图触摸我
and he kept trying to touch me.
我不想惹他那个大块头生气
I didn’t want to make him angry. He’s a very big man.
我一直想把注意力集中在笔记上
I kept trying to get back to the notes.
这样持续了几个小时 我一心想着避开他
And that went on for a few hours, just trying to avoid him.
你是怎么做的?
How did you do that?
我让他离开
I would just fight him off.
我穿了两条紧身裤 以便在需要之际 给自己争取点时间
I’d worn two pairs of tights to buy me some time if I ever needed it.
但是最后
But finally,
他把我按倒
he held me down.
虽谈不上用力 但就像玩弄一般
Not forcefully, but like it was a game.
然后他分开我的双腿
Then he parted my legs.
说着
And he said…
“求你了 就插一下 一下就结束了”
“Please, just one thrust, and it’ll all be over.”
我躲开了
I got away.
魂不附体了
I was traumatized.
我是个基♥督♥徒 那会还和我的初恋男友在一起
I was a Christian. I was still with my first boyfriend.
你跟泽尔达说了吗?
And you shared this with Zelda?
泽尔达完全被激怒了 很勇敢地当面跟他对峙
Zelda was completely enraged and very brave in facing him.
我们都辞职了
We both resigned.
可是 离开米拉麦克斯后 我找不到新的工作了
But I couldn’t get a new job after leaving Miramax.
所有人都说“既然都到哈维跟前工作了 为什么还要离开啊”
Everyone kept saying if I worked for Harvey, why would I leave?
我们签的保密协议规定
The NDA that we signed,
如果我在电影行业找不到工作
it stipulated that if I ever had trouble getting a job in film again,
就可以去找哈维或他的律师哈滕斯基寻求帮助
I was to go back to Harvey or his lawyer, Hutensky, for help.
我问他们要推荐信
I asked them for a reference,
哈滕斯基一直在重复说…
and Hutensky, he kept repeating…
什么 他说了什么?
What? What was he saying?
哈维有多么多么看重我
How much Harvey valued me.
最终同意了我在严格的条件下
We agreed I would return to Miramax
回到米拉麦克斯就职
under strict conditions.
我签到了香港工作室
So, I signed for Hong Kong.
我以为一切都烟消云散了
I thought he would be far enough away.
我以为一切都回到正轨了
I thought I’d be okay.
但是更可怕的事发生了
But it was horrible.
我当时一团糟
I was a mess.
我感到无比孤独
I felt incredibly alone.
我不能和任何人谈及此事
I couldn’t tell anyone about it,
成为一座孤岛的感觉 让我无比难受
and the isolation just ate into me.
一天 我从公♥司♥消失了
One day I disappeared from work.
我想去死
I wanted to be dead.
我不知道该怎么办
I didn’t know how to be,
怎么背负着这些继续活在这世上
how to keep going, living with it.
我想自杀
I tried to kill myself,
但我不知道要怎么办
but I didn’t know how.
我觉得自己连这一点都做不到
I felt I failed at even that.
我想把这个给你
I wanna give you this.
这是你所熟悉的女演员的描述
It’s a description from an actress you would know and recognize.
什么
What?
这个人不愿公开 我不能把她的遭遇写进故事里
This person won’t go on the record. I can’t put her in the story.
我…我没有…
I… I didn’t…
我不知道这些
I didn’t know anything like this.
我以为那只是婚外恋
I thought it was just extramarital bullshit.
那不是

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!