The source can remain anonymous.
我得进去了
I should go back in.
我…
Look, I’m…
抱歉 我通过你母亲的住址 绕了个弯见到了你
Sorry. I’ve thrown a curveball into your trip to see your mother,
我不想让你和家人分开
and I don’t wanna keep you from your family,
但我能把自己的电♥话♥号♥码给你吗?
but would it be okay if I gave you my number?
乔迪 她真的很害怕 但她又想说出实情 她真的很想
She was terrified, Jodi, but she wants to talk. She really does.
真的吗 简直难以置信
Really? That’s incredible.
格温妮丝·帕特罗打来电♥话♥说
Listen, Gwyneth Paltrow called,
曾在半岛酒店发生的一件事
and she told me about an incident at The Peninsula hotel.
半岛酒店?他妈的 到底发生什么事了?
The Peninsula? What the fuck?
没错 就是艾希礼去见他的地方
Exactly. Where Ashley went to meet him.
靠 怎么了
Shit. What happened?
来电♥话♥了 我先接
Fuck. It’s her. I have to go.

Hi.
梅根 我们刚见过面
Megan, we just spoke.
我很抱歉 但真的没法说
I’m sorry, but it’s a no.
说真的 我希望你能一切顺利
But good luck. Honestly.
如果你签了 就要对任何人保持缄默对吗
So if you sign it, you don’t tell anyone about anything?
对 这可能是一种欺凌
Yeah. It could’ve been bullying,
有时候 站到你对面的是一家大商场
or sometimes it’s just a big shop,
他们不想让你泄露商业机密
and they don’t want you to tell their trade secrets.
那你签过这样的协议吗
Did you sign one?
没有
No.
所以说 商场有秘密 报纸没有 对吗
So, shops have secrets, but newspapers don’t?
我觉得呢 几乎每个人都有秘密
I think pretty much everyone and everything has a secret.
那你的秘密是什么?
What’s yours?
总有一天我会告诉你的 你有秘密吗?
I will tell you one day. Do you have one?
当然有啊
Of course.
我当然有秘密了
‘Course I have a secret.
– 喂 – 是乔恩·施密特吗?
– Hello? – John Schmidt?
我叫梅根·吐赫 是《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》的记者
My name is Megan Twohey. I’m a reporter from The New York Times.
能占用你一点时间吗
Would it be possible to speak for a moment?
请进
Come in.
我不知道你想从我身上得到什么信息
I can’t see what you want from me.
你曾是米拉麦克斯公♥司♥的首席财务官
You were the chief financial officer at Miramax.
那些拿到和解金的女人 她们被封住了嘴
The women who received these settlements, they can’t speak out.
一旦公开 她们就会被起诉
They’ll be sued if they do.
但如果有人能对此事畅所欲言
But if someone could speak freely about the payouts,
那将会推动事件发展到另一个阶段
that would be hugely helpful.
约翰 和解金是怎么回事
What payouts, John?
我不是要你公开♥发♥表什么言论
I’m not asking you to go on the record.
只是想听听你对当时可能发生的事情的看法
Just to have your perspective on what might’ve happened back then.
我得好好想想
I need to think about it.
行吗?
Okay?

Okay.
突然来访 抱歉惊扰到两位
Sorry just to show up.
晚安
Good night.
晚安
Good night.
嗨嗨 能听到我说话吗
Hi, hi. Can you hear me?
能听到
Yes.
真的很感谢你能在周六抽时间跟我聊聊
Uh, I really appreciate you talking to me on a Saturday.
我希望这些链接能帮到你
I hope the links were useful.
会的 但我觉得很奇怪
They were, but I find it very strange
如果我想获取某些信息 我就不能
that if I wanna access certain information, I can’t.
平等就业机会委员会就是为大家提供信息的 你没有找到什么吗?
The EEOC is all about information. What could you not find?
比如说 哪些公♥司♥的性骚扰投诉最多
Well, for instance, which companies have had the most sexual harassment complaints,
但是大家都被禁止提及此事
but no one was permitted to tell me that.
也不奇怪 那都是机密信息
Yes, that would be confidential information.
但你觉得这样做对吗?
But do you think that’s right?
平等就业机会委员会
Shouldn’t the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission
不应该成为信息的来源吗?
be a resource for information?
我们的政策 每年都会进行审查
Our policies are reviewed annually.
那你知道哪些公♥司♥的内部投诉最多吗?
So do you know internally which companies have the most complaints?
我们知道 但不允许对外披露这些信息
Yes. We do, but we’re not allowed to disclose that information.
所以 任何一位申请工作的女性
So any woman applying for a job
都不被允许查看相关雇主在骚扰方面的记录?
is not allowed to check the record of that employer in terms of harassment?
没错 你应该找高层谈谈这事
That’s right. You should probably talk to someone higher up.
我…我正打算去
I’m… I’m going to.
人我是要找的 但你不觉得很奇怪吗?
I will, but don’t you think that’s strange?
委员会的初衷是为了保护人们
That the commission is there to protect people,
但其政策禁止分享保护他们所需的信息?
but its policy prohibits sharing the information needed to protect them?
梅根 我不是EEOC的负责人 我只是想帮忙而已
Megan, I’m not the head of the EEOC. I was just trying to help.
确实对我有帮助 而且今天还是周末 真的很感谢
And you have. And it’s the weekend. I really thank you.
– 好 – 那好
– Okay. – Okay.
– 再见 – 我的天
– Goodbye. – Oh, my gosh.
绝了
Amazing.
真让人难以置信
Incredible.
米拉麦克斯公♥司♥还是平等就业机会委员会?
Mira or the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission?
都是
Both.
– 嗨 – 嗨
– Hi. – Hi.
– 咱俩就跟双胞胎记者一样 – 是啊
– We’re like reporting twins. – Yeah.
要不要我上楼换套衣服?
Should I go up and change?
不用了 我们走吧
No, let’s go.
– 你这身真好看 – 好好看啊
– You look nice. – You look amazing.
– 嗨 – 嗨
– Hi. – Hi.
– 旅途如何? – 很棒
– How was your ride? – Yeah. It was great.
太好了
It was good.
我是海伦 是格温妮丝的助手
I’m Helen. I’m Gwyneth’s assistant.
格温妮丝一会就到
Gwyneth will be right with you.
谢谢
Thank you.
所以这是一个完整的套路 所谓行为模式
So it’s a total pattern. A pattern of behavior.
格温妮丝被邀请到酒店房♥间 说是开商务会议
Gwyneth was invited to the hotel room, the business meeting,
然后威胁说如果她拒绝他 饭碗就不保了
and then threatened with losing her job if she refused him.
她告诉了经纪人 后来也就不了了之
She told her agent. No one does a thing.
格温妮丝会出庭吗?
Will Gwyneth go on the record?
她真的很想出庭
She really wants to.
我觉得她又想又不想
I think she does and she doesn’t.
她担心这件事会演变成某些小报性丑闻
She is scared that it could turn into some kind of tabloidy sex scandal.
我是说 格温妮丝当年二十三岁 罗丝也是 她们太年轻了
I mean, Gwyneth was 23. So was Rose. They were so young.
回来后 再跟我细聊这件事
Tell me everything when you get in.
好 拜拜
Okay. Bye.
唯一能让这些女性出庭作证的方法…
The only way these women are gonna go on the record…
就是她们一起站出来
Is if they all jump together.

Yeah.
你敲门吧
You take the lead on this.
算了还是你来 你胆子大些
No, you do it. You’re less intimidating.
你没发现我都开始抖了吗
You don’t find me intimidating?
我是说…只是身高的问题
I mean… No, it’s just the height thing.
– 嗨 – 嗨
– Hi. – Hi.
我们就住附近
We were just in the neighborhood.
我俩是《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》的记者
We’re from The New York Times.
你曾经为哈维·韦恩斯坦工作过 对吗?
I believe you used to work for Harvey Weinstein?
你觉得她会站出来发声吗?
Think she’ll go on the record?
我只是…
Okay. I’m just gonna…
– 你想留个便条吗 – 嗯
– You wanna leave the note? – Yeah.
保密协议从未被审查或质疑过
The NDAs are never examined or questioned.
他们很少公开露面出现在法庭上 法学院不教这些
They rarely come up in open court. Law schools don’t teach them.
此外 受害者的代理律师
Also, the attorneys who represent the victims
最多可获得和解金额的百分之四十
can get up to 40% of the settlement.
这是保持该系统运行的一大动力
That’s a big incentive to keep that system going.
大多数性骚扰案件都是庭外和解
Most sexual harassment cases are settled out of court.
而且大多数都签署了保密条款
And most of them have a confidentiality clause.
签署这些的女性必须交出所有证据
And the women who sign these contracts have to give over all of their evidence.
她们的日记 邮件以及电♥话♥
Their diaries, emails, phones.
这是封口费 使得犯罪者得以继续作恶
It’s cash for silence, and it enables the perpetrators to continue.
保密协议什么的 已成不成文的规矩了
And these clauses are standard practice.
女性们想结案 他们需要钱
The women wanna close the case. They need the money.
他们不想被贴上骗子或调情老手的标签
They don’t wanna be branded as liars or flirts.
我的意思是 这似乎是唯一的办法了
I mean, I’m sure it often seems like the only recourse.
我想有些女性会把这些和解看作是认罪

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!