I found humor or aggression worked best.
哈维不是兴奋就是愤怒
Harvey was either excited or furious.
你永远不知道他的情绪会翻到哪一页
You never knew which it would be.
团队里有人给过你建议吗 要怎么处理这种情况?
Did anyone on the team give you advice about him?

Yes.
有一次 一个女孩跟我说 保持羽绒服不离身
Once, one girl told me to always wear my puffer jacket,
时刻记着坐在扶手椅上
and to always sit in an armchair,
切忌坐在他旁边的沙发上
never the sofa next to him,
这些都挺管用的
which helped.
自此我就知道 这事不仅仅发生在我一个人身上
And that’s how I knew that it wasn’t only happening to me.
到底发生了什么?
What was happening exactly?
恃强欺弱
Bullying.
精神虐待
Emotional abuse.
我当时太年轻 没法理解
I was just too young to understand it.
哈维希望人们服从他
Harvey wanted people to submit to him.
如果奋起反抗呢?
And if they didn’t?
他会咆哮 他会朝你吐口水
Well, then he’d roar. And he’d spit.
他可以在几秒钟内摧毁一个人
He could destroy someone in seconds.
你害怕他吗?
Were you scared of him?
怕 我们都怕过他
Yes. We all were.
三年后
So, three years into this,
你去参加了威尼斯电影节
you were at the Venice Film Festival.
之后我就辞职了
I resigned after that.
发生什么事了?
What happened?
我不能全部告诉你
I can’t tell you all of it.
你能告诉我什么?
What can you tell me?
♪ 在月光之下♪
♪ Under the moonlight ♪
♪这危险的月光 ♪
♪ This serious moonlight ♪
新来了个助理
There was a new assistant.
跟我相当年纪
She was my age.
她很厉害 也很聪明
She was great. She was very smart.
她第一次参加哈维的晚间剧本会议
And she was doing Harvey’s evening script meeting alone for the first time,
我跟她讲 如果遇到难事就给我电♥话♥
and I told her to call me if he got difficult.
他在追求她吗?
Was he pursuing her?
不是
No.
哈维说“我对犹太或亚洲女人不感兴趣”
Harvey said, “I don’t like Jewish or Asian women.”
– 但是那天晚上… – 她给你打电♥话♥了
– But that night… – She called you.
没有
No.
第二天早上
The following morning she came to me,
她哭着来找我
and she was sobbing.
整个人歇斯底里的
I mean, she was hysterical.
罗薇娜 发生什么事了?
Rowena, what happened?
先坐吧
Sit.
– 我抱着她 – 发生什么事了?
– And I held her. – What is it?
她跟你说了吗?
Did she tell you what he did?
没有全说
Not exactly.
只是不能让任何人知道
Only that no one must know.
但是我知道
But I knew.
我知道他一定…
I knew that he must’ve…
怎么了
What?
她很难过
She was so upset.
我知道 一定是最糟糕的事发生了
I knew that it had to be the worst possible thing.
我让她冷静下来 然后直接去和哈维对峙
I calmed her down, and I went straight to confront Harvey.
他当时在和斯科塞斯开会
He was in a meeting with Scorsese,
而斯科塞斯又看哈维不顺眼 所以这次会议对哈维来说很重要
who hated him, so it was a really big deal for Harvey.
我径直走到他面前
And I went straight up to him,
非常清楚地对他说“你现在就得跟我走”
and I said very clearly, “You need to come with me right now.”
你直接走到他们面前去质问他?
You went right up to them and confronted him?
对 我当时太生气了
Yeah. I was so angry.
当着那么多人的面
And in front of everyone,
他站了起来
he stood up, and…
跟只羔羊似的 随我走了出来
he followed me like a lamb.
然后我知道 我知道他一定是做了那事
And then I knew, then I knew he did it.
– 然后呢 – 他否认了这一点
– And then? – He denied it.
他说“我以我妻子和孩子的生命起誓
He said, “I swear on my wife and kids’ lives
我没有侵犯那位年轻女士”
that I did not assault that young woman.”
然后我就知道他在撒谎
And then I knew that he was lying.
他总是把这句话当作自己的免罪卡 一直如此
He always used that line as a get-out-of-jail-free card. Always.
那位助理报♥警♥了吗?
Did the assistant report it to the police?
没有 她没有跟任何人说起这事
No. She told no one.
我们回到了伦敦 我们都辞职了
We came back to London. We both resigned.
我跟直管领导说了这事
I told my direct superior,
他建议我们找个好律师
who suggested we get ourselves a good lawyer.
去哪儿找律师 我脑子一片空白
I had no idea where to get one.
我找到了一家离办公室近的律所
I found a company close to the office.
然后我以为事情会变简单
And then I thought it would be simple.
刑事诉讼
Criminal proceedings.
但我们的律师说这事毫无转机可言
But our lawyer said we had no chance
唯一要做的就是达成和解
and the only thing to do was to agree to a settlement.
我断然说 不行
And I said categorically no,
任何一笔钱都不应该易手 我们只是想制止他的行为
that no money should change hands and that we just wanted to stop him.
英国警方没有介入吗?
And no UK police were involved?
我们被告知 诉由不充分
We had no case.
我们没有证据 也没有威尼斯警方的报告
We had no evidence and no police report from Venice.
你也知道 强♥奸♥案很难被起诉
And, you see, with rape, it is impossibly difficult to get a prosecution.
律师们一直说 唯一的办法就是损害限制
And the lawyers kept saying damage limitation was the only way to go.
所以我说“那行吧 我们也有自己非常真实的需求”
So I said, “All right, then. We have our own very real demands.”
让我们在和解书上签字 哈维必须答应一些条件
Conditions that Harvey would have to meet if we were to sign.
什么条件?
And what were those conditions?
我们要求 如果哈维在两年内再次达成和解
We demanded that if Harvey had another settlement within two years,
此事必须向迪士尼报告 否则他将会被解雇
that it had to be reported to Disney or else he would be fired.
另一个条件是他得去接受治疗一开始须得有我在场
Another was that he would go to therapy,
这样他就不能对治疗师撒谎了
with me present initially, so that he couldn’t lie to the therapist.
我们要求人力资源部门建立起一个体系 来保护女性及女性员工
We demanded that HR would put in a system to protect the women and staff.
我觉得如果他能做到以上
And it felt like if we could achieve all of those,
那我们沉默的代价 就有所值
then that’s what our silence was paying for.
我们付出代价 让他停止恶行
That we were paying for him to stop.
所以我们同意和解了
So we signed.
他们对我们提出了几近疯狂的条件
And they had their own insane conditions for us.
什么条件
What were they?
我试着把一切刻印在脑海里 他们把所有复刻件都拿走了
I tried to commit them to memory. They wouldn’t give us our own copy.
什么
What?
我只被授予了探视权
I was only given visitation rights to my own settlement.
这真的…
That’s in…
我简直没法相信
That’s incredible.
但你记住了吗?
But you memorized them?
我还要了一些
I asked for letters, too,
说明条件的信件
which stated some of the conditions.
上面写着
One said,
“在刑事或民事案件中 我们需将尽最大努力 不为警方提供任何帮助”
“We will make best endeavors to not help the police in a criminal or civil case.”
我们不能跟家人或者医生谈及此事
We weren’t allowed to talk to our family or a doctor.
最后我们签了
So finally we signed.
他们给了我们一笔钱
They gave us some money.
我觉得自己彻底崩溃了
And I felt completely broken.
后来我去其他公♥司♥面试过
I interviewed for other jobs afterwards,
但是每个人都会问“你为什么要离开哈维工作室”
but everyone kept saying, “Why did you leave Harvey?”
他们都以为我…
They all assumed that I’d…
跟他是一伙的 你知道吗?
been with him, you know?
太可怕了
It was horrible.
你当时是怎么做的?
What did you do then?
我去危地马拉拜访了一位朋友
I went to visit a friend in Guatemala,
在那里住了五年
and I stayed for five years.
我再也没机会在电影界工作了
I had no chance of ever working in film again
再也不能畅所欲言
and I couldn’t speak freely,
我只能围着马匹工作
so I worked with horses.
你失去的太多了
You’ve lost a lot.
这些是原始信件
These are the original letters.
如果我想联♥系♥治疗师
I had to have their permission
或是想和会计师交谈
if I wanted to contact a therapist
我还必须得到他们的许可
or speak to an accountant.
“无论是现在还是将来 永远不会对任何其他媒体谈及此事”

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!