But I just want you to hear something first.
想让我在你背着我做了这些
You want me to hear your confession of all those
卑鄙的事后听你忏悔吗
sneaky things you’ve done behind my back?
亲爱的本尼 很抱歉我只能写信给你
Dear Bennie, I am sorry to to be writing and that’s
因为不能与你面对面的谈
not be able to tell you in person …”.
-不 -我不想听这些东西
– No… – Hey, I don’t want to hear that.
我要离开一段时间
“I’m going away for a little while…
但是我保证 我会回来的
but I promise you that I will come back…”.
读给你自己听吧
Read it for yourself.
为什么 你是不是还记忆犹新
Why? Because you remember writing it?
你还记得这封信
Do you remember this?
你竟然不承认了
Ok, you’re running away now,
你竟然不承认自己写过这封信
you’re running away from your own writing.
我向你保证 我会回来接你的
“I promise you that I will come back and get you.
我知道在我们这个家庭 有些事很艰难
I know things are very hard sometimes in our family.
我得离开一段时间 好去写点东西
“I need to go away for a little while on a writing sabbatical…
我不想听这些东西 滚出去
I do not want to hear it. Get out of my room.
给我出去
Get out.
我想在我这一辈子里做点什么
“I want to do something with my life.
以后你就会明白了
“Someday you’ll understand.
你现在还年轻
You’re very young now,
但是以后你会明白的 我保证
but someday you’ll understand. I promise
我会回来接你的 爱你的
that I’ll come back and get you. Love,…
爱你的
“love…
爱你的哥哥
“love, your brother…
安吉洛
Angelo “.
爱你的
“Love,
你的哥哥 安吉洛
“your brother Angelo.”
X极力回避这个话题
“X does whatever he can to avoid the topic.
但是在某一个夏日
But one summer day,
他跟着C一直来到海滩
trailing behind C on the beach,
X还是和他的父亲说了那件事情
X brings the news to his father. ”
爸爸 我不想再学法硕的基础课程了
Dad … I don’t want to continue with pre-med.
不先学基础 那你想学什么
If not pre-med, then what?
哲学
Philosophy.
学哲学能挣钱养家吗
How do you make a living of philosophy?
我想成为一个小说家
I want to be a novelist.
小说家 是说作家吗
Novelist? Writer?
是的 那才是我想要的
Yes, that’s what I want to do.
靠当作家吃饭
Well, to make a living as a writer,
那你得是个天才才行
you have to be a genius.
行不行
So?
这个家庭只能容得下一个天才
There is only room for one genius in this family.
艾玛利娅听我说 我再也不想见到
Amalia, listen to me. I do not want to hear from anybody
家里的任何人 我的话说完了
in the family any more. That’s all.
我只是想你以后别再管我
Ok? I’m just asking you to stay out of my life.
我就这么一个要求
That’s all I’m asking.
我就这么一个要求 就这么简单
That’s all I’m asking, ok? Very simple,
不要管我 行吗
just stay out of my life. Okay?
安吉我们爱你 你的爸爸也爱你
Angie, we love you. Pop loves you.
我不需要你们的爱
Yeah, but don’t love me, ok?
做我的姐姐就行了 不用爱我
Be my sister but don’t love me.
不要那么说 我不想听这些 知道吗
Don’t say that, I don’t want to hear that.You know what?
你们就责备我吧 我是个坏孩子
Let’s blame me. I’m a bad person, okay?
你继续休你的假
Why don’t you just go on to the sabbatical,
好好写作我们一直支持你的啊
do your writing and…just with our blessing?
我不想再谈及我的父亲
I dont’ want to talk to my father,
我也永远不想谈到家里的任何人
…I do not want to talk to anybody from the family ever again.
爸爸会给你所需要的钱的
Papa will send you the money. All the money you need.
我要挂了
I’m getting off the phone now.
再见
Good-bye.
再来一次 大家停一下
Again! Sorry!
再来一遍
Let’s start again.
从q章开始
Letter q.
很好
Good!
周一十一点见
Monday, eleven o’clock.
那么
So,
你要去休假
you’re going on a sabbatical.
去写作吗
To write?
无论去哪 这些支票都能汇到你那
One of these checks will arrive wherever you go,
我每三个月给你汇一次钱
Every three months.
至于本尼的事 我还是希望
I expect you to cut out this nonsense
你能彻底放弃你那荒谬的想法
about Bennie once and for all.
就算是为了你自己吧
For your own sake,
总有一天你会明白的
someday you will understand.
去吧 去休假
Go, go on this sabbatical…
写作去吧
to write …
或者去找寻真我
or to find yourself.
安吉洛既然你要去学术休假
And when you go on this writing sabbatical, Angelo,
你打算写些什么
What will you write about?
我在问你呢 你想写些什么
I said, what will you write about?
这一切
This.
本尼 该死
Dammit, Bennie!
你干什么了 这些是什么
What did you do? What is this?
这是什么
What is this?
你怎么能这么做 本尼
Bennie, how could you do this?
如果他正好回家了呢
What if he walks in?
我睡着了
I fell asleep.
是的 我知道你睡着了
Yes, I see that you were asleep.
你怎么能这么不小心呢 不能被他看到
You can’t be careless and have him find you like this.
你没见过他发火的时候什么样子
You haven’t seen him really blow.
都是倒着写的 而且都是密语
It’s all backwards and in code.
也许你该告诉他实情
Maybe you should tell him you have this
得到他的允许后再看
and ask his permission?
给你 你是怎么找到的
Here. How did you find this?
-怎么找到的 -碰巧发现的
– How? – It was accident.
碰巧
An accident?
是的
Yes.
碰巧
An accident.
好吧
Alright.
你就要走了
You are leaving.
知道吗
You know?
约瑟菲娜的侄女大概要想你了
Maybe Josephine’s niece is gonna miss you.
你不觉得吗
Don’t you think?
我能不能用下电♥话♥ 很快的
Can I use the phone? Really quick.
我要在巡洋舰那儿报个到
I have to check in with my cruise ship.
当然可以
Of course.
你喜欢过玛丽亚·路易莎吗
Did you like Maria Luisa?
请接无线
Infinity lines, please.
恩 我喜欢过玛丽亚·路易莎
Yes, I liked Maria Luisa,
但我 觉得泰特罗把她吓跑了
but I think that tetro has frightened her off.
你好
Hi,
我是本杰明 泰特罗切尼 我想
Benjamin Tetrocini, I was just…

Ok.
-我回来了 -亲爱的
– Hello! – Hello, my love.
好吧 我这就去
Okay, I’ll be there.
好极了 谢谢你
Great. Thank you.
晚安泰特罗
Good night, Tetro.
他都会说西班牙语了 他会一直待下去的
Now he speaks spanish, he’ll be here forever.
引擎修好了
My engines are fixed.
-真的吗 -是的
– Really? – Yes.
我准备走了
I’m on my way.
浪子的渴望 好好玩
The wander lust. You enjoy it.
浪子的渴望 好标题
Wander lust. That’s a good title.
什么好标题
A title for what?
她想出去 我们把她教会了
She wants to go out. We trained her!
-难以置信 -我带她出去
– Unbelievable. – I’ll take her.
真棒
Amazing.
他太爱你了
He loves you so much.
不知道为什么会如此
I wonder how that happened.
别碰他 别

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!