and can possibly avoid it.
撞上兔子 负鼠 臭鼬
You hit a rabbit, possum, skunk,
车子会发出噗噗声
your car goes “Boop, boop.”
不过碾过一只大啮龟
But nailing a big snapper
动静就跟撞上水泥墙砖差不多
is similar to smacking into a cinderblock.
车发出巨响
Car goes, “Kablam! Kaboom!”
帕莫先生 你到底想要说什么
Mr. Palmer, where exactly are you going with this?
法官阁下
Well, Your Honor…
检方说路上没有刹车痕迹
…the prosecution maintains that a lack of brake marks…
并因此认定布莱克维尔被撞不是意外
…is evidence that Mr. Blackwell was deliberately struck.
但也有可能
That it’s not reasonable to assume
帕莫法官撞上了什么东西
Judge Palmer could have hit something substantial…
但在漆黑 下雨的夜里
…in the dark, raining…
并没有觉察到那是个人 径自开走了
…not realized it was a person that was hit, just kept going.
这个之前已经讨论过了
That’s been firmly established.
我们现在又绕回去了吗
Are we within a mile of a question here?
问题是 警官
Question is, deputy:
乌龟身前有没有刹车痕迹
Any brake marks in front of that turtle?
有没有
Yes, no?
没有
No, there are not.
谢谢 没有问题了
Thank you. That’s all I have.
你把东西重新整理了一遍
You rearrange everything!
好吧 玛丽 等等 什么什么什么
All right, Mary. Wait, what, what, what?
什么 该死
What? Goddamn!
别卖♥♥关子 玛丽 别卖♥♥关子
Don’t be a you-know-what, Mary! Don’t be a you-know-what.
我的记忆力不行了 不行了
My memory plays tricks on me. It plays tricks on me.
你走得太早了 玛丽 走得太早了
You left too soon, Mary. You left too soon.
你做噩梦了吧
I think I heard you having a bad dream.
我的天 你的手怎么了
God, what happened to your hands?
这个能让你的皮肤变得柔软
Here. This’ll make your skin soft.
在你见过的律师里 你觉得谁最厉害
Hey, hey. Who’s the best lawyer you’ve ever seen? Come on.
我觉得是罗伯特·格兰姆 他曾是我的老板
Mine’s Robert Graham. I worked for him.
打官司没输过
He just doesn’t lose.
你呢
Now you.
肖先生
Mr. Shaw.
我法学院毕业后的第一桩案子
My first job after law school.
一个流浪汉杀了一名农夫
A drifter killed a farmer,
并奸♥污♥了他的妻子
violated his wife.
就在五点大道上 凶器是一把玉米脱粒刀
Five Points Road with a corn knife.
是个恶棍 混♥蛋♥透顶
Vile human being. Vile.
法♥院♥安排肖先生负责这场官司
Court assigned Mr. Shaw the case.
所以我们只能在监狱吃晚餐
So we took dinner to the jail
因为肖先生每晚都和嫌犯在一起
because every night Mr. Shaw sat with him.
为他做准备 帮他辩护
Prepared him, defended him.
全心全意
No tricks.
他赢了吗
He won?
嫌犯被判处电刑
Electrocuted. Heh.
他死了 但是肖先生还得继续生活
He was dead, but Mr. Shaw had to live here.
他被人威胁 被人唾骂
He was threatened, spit on.
教堂里别人都不肯挨着他坐
People wouldn’t sit near him in church.
当时他可以轻松地拒绝那场官司
He could have refused the case easily,
但他信任法律
but he believed in the law.
他是不是最好的 我不知道
I can’t say, uh, “Best.”
但亨利·肖吗
But Henry Shaw?
他是我见过的最正直的人
Most decent man I ever met.
空前绝后
Ever. Ever.
好吧
Yeah.
叫亨利吗
“Henry”?
正直的人
Decent man.
伟大的人
Great man. Heh.
亨利·肖
Henry Shaw.
我是汉克·帕莫
Hank Palmer.
汉克吗 我是怀特警长
Hank? Sheriff White.
你能来局里一趟吗
Wondering if you can come by the station.
有些东西你应该看看
There’s something you should see.
我们已经看过事故当晚的监控录像了
We’ve already seen the security footage from the accident night.
法官离店
The judge leaves the store,
开车走了 布莱克维尔迎面而来
his car goes one way, Blackwell the other.
耐心看
Patience.
-时间是 -4分45秒
– Time? – Four minutes 45.
他没去磨坊
He didn’t get to the mill.
所以呢 说重点
And? Point being?
陈词的时候
In his statement,
帕莫法官说他开车到磨坊附近的路上
Judge Palmer said he reached the road near the mill…
路被雨水淹了 他才转回来
…it was washed out, and he turned around.
他在说谎 去磨坊来回一趟要9分钟
He’s lying. It takes nine minutes to get to the mill and back.
你♥爸♥爸只花了5分钟不到
Your dad did it in five.
他不是因为路淹了才转回来
He didn’t turn around because it was washed out.
而是为了跟着布莱克维尔
He turned around to follow Blackwell.
他在这生活了一辈子
He’s lived here his whole life.
你觉得他看不出路什么时候不能走吗
Think he can’t gauge when the road will flood?
重点不在这里
That’s not the point.
警长 能占用一下你的办公室吗
Sheriff, may we use your office?
谢谢
Thanks.
你还真会清空房♥间
Well, you know how to clear a room.
-十年 -证据不足
– Ten years’ll do the job. – Insufficient evidence.
这个提案出门就不作数了
Offer expires when you walk out of the door.
想被我揍飞吗
You want me to fly you?
很高兴看见你状态这么好
Glad to see you’re on your game.
我也喜欢你 但我实在厌烦了
I like you too, but I’m so bored.
我有决心
I have intent now.
有计划
Premeditation.
我会把你父亲描绘成
I’ll paint your father as a
一个道貌岸然 坚持公正的混♥蛋♥
holier-than-thou prick determined to see what he considered justice served.
我父亲是一个道貌岸然
My father is a holier-than-thou prick…
坚持公正的混♥蛋♥
…determined to see what he considered justice served,
所以我们一定能赢
so it’s gonna be a light day.
真幽默
That’s funny.
你不记得我了 这也无可厚非
I guess I can’t fault you for not remembering me.
密尔沃基的案子 我是次席
I was just second chair for the prosecution.
你为那个抢劫犯辩护
You defended that Milwaukee
那家伙去了盖瑞的贫民窟
beer baron’s kid who went slumming in Gary.
抢银行四千万 死了一个妓♥女♥
Forty million in the bank, one dead prostitute?
你很厉害 拿到了用钱买♥♥得到的最好判决
By God, you’re good. Best verdict money can buy.
人人都爱阿提克斯·芬奇
Everybody wants Atticus Finch
直到有个妓♥女♥死在了浴缸里
till there’s a dead hooker in a hot tub.
你可以把它做成汽车贴纸
There’s your bumper sticker.
所以说
So, in a nutshell,
你跟着我来这里 是为了报复吗
you’re following me down here to settle a score?
不 当然不是
Heh. Good Lord, no.
我跟你来这里 因为我知道
I followed you down here because I knew if I didn’t…
如果我不来 就会有人逃脱谋杀罪
…it was likely somebody was gonna get away with murder.
我爸爸毛病不少 但谋杀不在其中
My father’s a lot of unpleasant things. A murderer is not one.
但他撒谎了 我们刚才看到了
But he is a liar. We’ve established that.
还觉得自己可以
A liar who thinks he can operate
借着法律为非作歹 跟他儿子一样
under the color of the law, just like his son.
帕莫先生 你是表面光鲜的恶棍
You’re a shined-up wooden nickel, Mr. Palmer.
满肚子的阴谋诡计
A bully with a big bag of tricks.
我不同于你 只有一个简单的信念
But unlike you, I have one simple belief:
唯有法律才能让使人平等
that the law is the only thing capable of making people equal.
也许你觉得马克·布莱克维尔是个白人垃圾
You may think Mark Blackwell was white trash,
这也无可厚非
and he may very well have been…
但在法律面前 他的生命是有价值的
…but in the eyes of the state, his life matters.
我会给你父亲定下一级谋杀罪
I’m gonna impale your client on a first-degree murder charge.
你会在前排见证那一刻
And you get a front-row seat.
我们为什么下来这里
Why are we even down here?
不会是龙♥卷♥风♥ 这样太蠢了
Like, it is never a tornado. This is stupid.
好在你爷爷有座地下室
Be happy your grandpa has a basement.
我的天
Oh, boy.
不用担心 我有办法
Don’t worry, everyone. I got it.
把电视打开 戴尔叔叔

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!