…that you’re familiar with
这一点也没影响到你
the defendant and his stature in the community?
我们到底需要怎样的陪审员
Now, what exactly is our target juror?
听从指示
Intelligent people who will
并相信证据的聪明人
listen to instructions and follow the evidence.
疯子们 能被我说服闭嘴的人
Crackpots. Those I can persuade to swallow their own tongues.
所有见过大脚怪的人
Anyone who’s seen a Sasquatch.
不信登月的人 那些就是我们的目标群体
Moon-landing deniers. Those are our people.
帕莫先生
Mr. Palmer.
慢慢来 亨利 步步为营
Subtlety, Henry. A velvet touch.
有人的车 卡车或者房♥车上有车尾贴吗
Bumper stickers? Anybody got one on their car, truck, RV?
请举手
Show of hands.
上面写的是什么 请说准确一点
And what do they read? Exact words, please.
只是用宗教符号♥写着”忍♥耐”
It just spells out “Tolerance” with religious symbols.
“威利·尼尔森当总统”
“Willie Nelson for President.”
真的吗 他看起来像竞选人吗
Really? Does he seem a likely candidate?
他也没犯过重罪
They never got him on a felony.
“乳♥房♥♥检察员认证 把你的奶亮出来”
“Certified Breast Inspector. Have Them Out.”
“枪♥支♥管制意味着直接上拳头”
“Gun Control Means Using Both Hands.”
“载有光荣榜学生”
“Honor Roll Student on Board.”
“妻子与狗走失 悬赏找狗”
“Wife and Dog Missing, Reward for Dog.”
-说谢谢 -谢谢
– Thank you. – Thank you.
我好想你 宝贝 这个周末会很有趣
I missed you, baby. It’s gonna be such a fun weekend.
除非我把你扔在电梯上
Unless I drop you down the escalator!
劳伦
Lauren, uh…
我觉得在见帕莫爷爷前
…I feel like I should prep you
我得给你提个醒
before you meet Grandpa Palmer.
因为他和施耐德外公不一样
’cause he is nothing like Grandpa Schneider.
施耐德外公人好又和蔼
Grandpa Schneider is kind of, you know, nice and affable.
他会带你去吃冰淇淋 也许会给你读书
He’d take you for ice cream, maybe read to you.
帕莫爷爷不想这样做
Grandpa Palmer doesn’t wanna do any of that.
如果你让他给你读书
If you ask him to read,
他可能会把书砸到你身上
he might throw the book at you.
但无论如何 别担心 他人不坏
But anyway, don’t worry about it. I mean, he’s not evil.
他只是个又老又脏的木乃伊
He’s just a dirty old mummy,
而且他伤害不了你 因为你很特别
and he can’t hurt you, because you’re special.
我的上帝 他出来了 看
Oh, my God, there he is. Look.
他通常都裹着纱布
He’s usually wrapped in gauze,
浑身湿答答 走起来摇摇晃晃
and oozing and shuffling.
他出来肯定是来觅食的
He must have come outside to feed.
你是谁
Who are you?
-劳伦 -劳伦
– Lauren. – Lauren.
你知道我是谁吗
You know who I am?
-爷爷 -没错
– Grandpa. – Yeah.
你是我的孙女
You’re my granddaughter?
来 跟我来吧
Let’s… come on with me.
来吧
Yeah.
来这里高兴吗
Glad to be here?
好的
Okay.
太久了 我等这天好久了
It’s been a long time. I waited a long time for this.
你是我的小甜心 我带你看看♥房♥♥间 来吧
You’re my little sweetheart. I’ll show you the house. Come on.
你是我的第一个孙女
You’re the first granddaughter I ever had.
家里好久没来女孩了 你是第一个
In fact, you’re the first girl in this family in a long time.
我觉得爷爷人很好
I think Grandpa’s sweet.
他不是 但你能这么想我很高兴
Yeah, he isn’t. But I’m glad you see it that way.
好了
Okay, all right.
应该很舒服了 睡吧 要再来个枕头吗
That’s super comfy. There you go. You want a second pillow?
-要 -好的 头躺下
– Yes. – Good. Now put your head down.
睡吧
There you go.
好了 糟糕…
And now…oops
我可能要闷死她了
Oh, maybe I’m gonna strangle her.
你好了吗 很好
You good? Okay.
这里有幽灵 你就一个人待着吧
There’s ghosts here. I’m gonna leave you alone now.
这是谁的房♥间
Whose room is this?
曾经是你格伦叔叔的
It was your uncle Glen’s.
怎么有这么多奖杯
Why are there so many trophies?
他以前是个很厉害的棒球运动员
He was a really good baseball player.
非常厉害
Really good.
他上过电视吗
Did he play on TV?
他本来很可能去一个很棒的球队…
He probably would have been on a big team…
但是我和格伦在上高中时
…but when Glen and I were in high school,
发生了一起很严重的车祸
we got in a really bad car accident.
他的手伤得很严重
Then his hand got messed up.
我很遗憾
Oh, I’m sorry.
他为什么不把奖杯带到自己的房♥子里去
Why didn’t he take his trophies to his own house?
这些对他的爸爸来说更重要
They were more important to his father.
这个话题有点伤感了 睡吧
Kind of a touchy subject. Go to sleep.
-晚安 宝贝 -晚安 爸爸
– Night, baby. – Night, Dad.
好了 我们排演一遍
Okay, let’s rehearse.
帕莫先生 马克·布莱克维尔在杀史蒂芬斯小姐前
Mr. Palmer, Mark Blackwell appeared in your court
曾上过你的法庭 对吗
prior to killing Miss Stevens, correct?
很多人都来过我的庭上 但是…
Well, a lot of people appeared in my court, but…
但是你同意
But you’d agree
这场官司有很多特殊的情况
there were special circumstances surrounding this case.
大多数人都觉得他们的官司很特殊
Most people think that their cases are pretty special.
顺便说一句 被告席上没有零食可吃
By the way, there’s no snacks on the witness stand.
-还回来 -不行 别分心
– Give it back. – No. No distractions.
我不需要准备
I don’t need preparing.
你没上过被告席
You’ve never sat on a witness stand.
你从没坐过那个位子
You’ve never been in that seat.
迪克姆没有动机 亨利 他从来没有
Dickham doesn’t have intent, Henry. And he never will.
迪克姆是个耍蛇人
Dickham is a snake charmer.
他会吹出自己的调调 让陪审团
He’ll play his tune, get the jury
相信他说的就是事实
swinging to his version of that night.
你的美梦就会破碎了
Then you can say goodbye to your dreams
你死后不会为你降半旗哀悼
of flags flying at half-mast when you’re dead.
是”下半旗” 没人说”降半旗”了
It’s “Half-staff.” No one says “Half-mast” anymore.
是吗 那就别准备了 让它见鬼去吧
Yeah? Let’s remain unprepared. Fuck it.
好吧
All right.
别这么郁闷
No need to be so morose,
…亨利
…Henry.
萨姆
Sam.
能听见吗 我的脑子就像在烤箱里
Can you hear me? Well, my head’s in the oven.
我在想 要么继续烤脑子
I was just thinking it was either that
要么洗漱好了 去跟你见一面
or maybe I shower up and come meet you.
天 好的 那里
God. Okay. There?
好吧
All right.
飞鹿餐厅
我的天 看起来比以前要高一些
Oh, my God. It looks taller than it used to.
他们把它增高了吗
Did they raise it?
来吧 城市小伙 让我看看你的身手
Come on, big city, show me what you got.
老天爷
Oh, Jesus.
好吧
All right.
好吧 我先热热身
All right, I’m just gonna stretch out for a sec.
拜托 帮个忙
Come on, give me a boost.
太简单了
God, too easy.
我们能进去了
We’re in.
三更半夜的
So it’s midnight.
我在代顿城的柏油路上 赶着驴回家
I’m on the Dayton blacktop, hauling ass home.
76年的雪维特 仿木嵌板
Seventy-six Chevette, fake wood paneling.
不对 是爸爸的翼虎
No. Dad’s Maverick.
-是不是很疯狂 -你当时在想什么
– I know, right? – What were you thinking?
我眼角余光扫到了什么
Corner of my eye, I spot something.
绝对是你见过最大的雄鹿
Biggest buck you have ever seen.
12点14分方向
Twelve, 14 points…
大概两百磅 狂奔在路上 笔直向我冲来
…200 pounds, give or take, charging the road, straight for me.
我们立即刹车
We skid,
我一手扶着方向盘 一手握着卡拉
one hand on the wheel, one hand on Carla.
那只鹿跳起来…
This deer jumps…
从车顶上越过
…flies over the hood.
后踢踩着玻璃
Its back hoof taps the glass.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!