Which was, wow, a pretty cool experience.
在法庭上最好别说”哇”这个字
The word “Wow,” it’s not your friend in court.
谢谢 我会注意的
Thank you. Duly noted.
这就是你的律师 要是他搞砸了
This is your guy? If he drops the ball,
等着你的就是谋杀庭审了 明白吧
you’re facing a murder trial. Just so you know.
我去买♥♥杯咖啡
I’m gonna get a coffee.
哇 这个倒可能引起官司
Wow. This is a lawsuit right here.
别在你输掉下一场官司前就被告了
Don’t get sued before you lose your next case.
不用理他
Don’t mind him.
我就选你
You’re my guy.
法官阁下 我一定尽全力为您辩护
Your Honor, I’m gonna fight like a badger for you.
你可以相信我
You can count on that.
早啊
Morning.
约瑟夫·帕莫法官
桑福德·沃伦法官
全体起立
All rise.
现在开庭
Court is in session.
由尊敬的桑福德·沃伦法官主持审理
The Honorable Judge Sanford Warren presiding.
请坐
Be seated.
我了解到你方希望提出一项动议
I understand there’s a motion you’d like to be heard on.
法官阁下 申请异地审判的最后期限
Your Honor, the deadline for filing a change of venue motion…
已经过去了
has already come and gone.
因此 除非情况有变
So unless there’s been a change in circumstance that
申请异地审判依据不再适用
warrants filing the motion out of time…
比如说 整个县城一夜之间全搬跑了
Say, if the county up and moved overnight.
不然的话…
Barring that…
本次审判只能在卡林维尔进行了
this trial happens right here in Carlinville.
这只是初步听证 不是正式审讯
This is a preliminary hearing, not a trial.
怎么回事 迪克姆先生
What’s the story, Mr. Dickham?
为何提出异地审判
Filing for a change of venue?
出于好奇 法官阁下
Out of curiosity, Your Honor,
如果我要求异地审判 你会怎么说
if I were to ask for a change of venue, you’d say what?
申请期限已过 但我会考虑的
You missed the deadline, but I’ll consider it.
-然后呢 -驳回 申请期限已过
– And then? – Deny it. You missed your deadline.
没有其他动议了 法官阁下
No motion, Your Honor.
我们在此是为了确认是否有需要
We’re here to establish whether there’s probable cause…
对此案进行审判
to bind this over for trial.
在我听取辩证之前
I wanna hold the presentation of evidence
我对任何证据不发表任何评论
until I’ve taken testimony… after which I’ll hear arguments.
不耽误了 开始吧 先生们
Without further delay, let’s get started, gentlemen.
警长 你到了之后发生了什么
Sheriff, after you arrived, what happened?
我靠近受害人时 他已经没有反应了
When I approached the victim, he was unresponsive.
那时你是否做了任何急救措施
And at that time, did you offer any assistance?
他已经死了 孩子
He was dead, son.
那就是没有了
So no?
-是 没有 -好的
– That’s a no. – Great.
帕莫先生的原话是怎么说的
And exactly what did Mr. Palmer tell you?
帕莫先生说他开了自己的车
Mr. Palmer stated he drove his vehicle…
他的1971版凯迪拉克帝威
His 1971 Cadillac DeVille?
是的 就是事发当晚
Correct…. the night of the accident.

Okay.
我们可以反驳 说就是个意外事故
We can get this dismissed. It was an accident.
-你看到… -打断一下
– And did you see…? – Excuse me.
不好意思
Excuse me.
先生 你是共同辩护人吗
Sir, are you co-counsel?
-他不是 -不
– He is not. – No.
坐下 闭嘴
Sit and zip it.
先生 你能给出你所判断的死因吗
Sir, did you form an opinion as to the cause of death?
严重内部损伤
Massive internal damage.
是由车辆撞击后所造成的损伤
Injuries consistent with being struck by a car.
谢谢你 帕特尼医生
Thank you, Dr. Putney.
我问完了 法官阁下
No further questions, Your Honor.
交叉盘问 肯尼迪先生
Cross-examination, Mr. Kennedy?
没别的… 没有问题 法官阁下
Uh, no further que… No, no questions, Your Honor.
所以当晚你在便利店干活
So you were working that night at the mini-mart…
看到了帕莫法官和布莱克维尔先生
and you saw Judge Palmer and Mr. Blackwell.
他们都站在冷藏柜前
They was both over by the cooler.
是否看到他们有过眼神交流
Did you see them make eye contact?
是 我看到布莱克维尔先生
Yeah. I saw Mr. Blackwell
与帕莫法官有过眼神交流
and Judge Palmer make eye contact.
然后帕莫法官做了什么
And then what did Judge Palmer do?
他手里的鸡蛋掉了
Dropped his eggs.
够了 出去 法警 把他赶出去
That’s it. Out. Bailiff, get rid of him.
好好看看
You read that.
不是第一次了 我自己会走
Not my first time.
反对
眼神交流无法证明 你个白♥痴♥
那之后 他们一起出去了吗
So after that, did they go out together?
你看到他跟出去了吗
Did you see him follow him?
全体起立
All rise.
现在开庭
Court is in session.
由尊敬的桑福德·沃伦法官主持审理
The Honorable Judge Sanford Warren presiding.
请坐
Be seated.
鉴于证人所作证词
Based on the testimony of the witnesses…
以及迪克姆先生所递交的证据
and the evidence presented by Mr. Dickham…
本庭认为有合理依据将此案提交审判
the court finds probable cause to hold this over for trial.
从今天起一周内招募陪审团成员
Jury selection will begin one week from today.
法庭上见
See you folks in court.
约瑟夫·帕莫
面临谋杀审判
“投票选举吉普队教练”
“Agreement from the Gipper’s coach”.
你说什么
Excuse me?
“投票选举吉普队教练”
“Agreement from the Gipper’s coach”,
十个字
10 letters.
“本人投票支持纽特教练”
“Aye of Knute.”
纽特·罗克尼
Knute Rockne,
印第安纳州南本德市杰出教练
the great Notre Dame coach from South Bend, Indiana.
他知道答案 但他还是问了
He knows the answer, yet he asks.
过来坐下
Come in. Sit down.
我们来模拟辩论一下
Let’s hold some court. Yeah.
坐下
Sit down.
平静点 放轻松
Now, peacefully, easily…
放轻松
easily…
你觉得迪克姆为什么会错过
Why do you think Dickham missed the filing deadline…
申请异地审判的时限
for a change of venue?
他才没有错过时限 这可是个小镇
Oh, he didn’t miss the deadline. It’s a small town.
两个站在你面前的人
For every two people who stand in front of you,
非赢即输
one wins, one loses.
-非爱即恨 -是是是
– One loves you, one hates you. – Yes, yes, yes.
很显然 是迪克姆不想申请
Pretty obvious that Dickham had no intention of filing.
他希望在这里进行庭审
He wants the trial here.
CP今早退出了
C.P. stepped down this morning.
为什么
Why?
说他应该去给经验丰富的律师当助手
Said he’d assist a more seasoned attorney.
不能忍♥受自己
Couldn’t live with himself if
因缺乏经验而败诉
his lack of experience cost the case.
所以…
So…
私下说 你去谢尔比路干什么
Confidentially, what were you doing on Shelby Road?
从便利店回家不可能绕到那条路上
There’s no route from the mini-mart home where that makes sense.
等等
Wait, wait, wait.
你是在请求当我的辩护律师吗
Are you asking if you can represent me?
好吧
Okay.
我记得我在便利店里 我要买♥♥鸡蛋
I remember being there at the mini-mart. I needed eggs.
回家的路被淹了
The road home was washed out,
就在老磨坊那垮的
where it dips near the old mill.
我掉了头 停在了斯塔特路的红绿灯下
I turned around, stopped at the light on State.
然后…
Then, uh…
我就都不记得了
I’m missing time, so…
-能借下你的笔吗 -给
– Can I borrow your pen? – Yeah.
先回答你的问题 不是
To answer your question, no,
我没有请求要当你的辩护律师
I’m not asking if I can represent you.
这样不行
It doesn’t work that way.
你雇不起我 所以我得免费给你辩护
You can’t afford me, so I’d have to do it for free.
幸运的是我今年义务法律咨♥询♥配额还有剩余

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!