以每小时一英里的速度
And one mile per hour faster…
从挡风玻璃前越过
…he’s coming through the windshield
肯定是想袭击我 也许是我们俩
…killing me for sure, maybe both of us.
当时我下定决心
I make a decision right then and there.
不论过去发生了什么 错过了什么
Whatever had or hadn’t happened in the past…
我都要做我自己的英雄
…I was gonna be the hero of my own story.
-听起来很土吗 -是很伟大
– Sound corny? – Sounds epic.
我自己户头有4千
I had 4 grand to my name.
从祖父那借来了1万2 一共是1万6千
I borrowed another 12 from Grandpa, took that 16 grand.
我给的餐厅报价丹非常满意
I made Dan an offer for the diner that he couldn’t refuse.
本来这个餐厅快要倒闭了
This place was on its last legs…
这家餐厅是你的
This is your place.
-对 是我的 -那我为什么要硬闯
– Yes, this is my place. – What did I bust into it for?
因为我觉得有趣
For my amusement.
所以打破窗子也值得
Worth the broken window.
买♥♥下餐厅三年后
Bought the tavern three years later.
盈利了 赚到很多钱
I got money. A lot of money.
就像肯德基一样火爆
I got money like the Colonel’s got chicken.
-你很适合当企业家 -是的
– You’re an entrepreneurial spirit. – Yeah.
你真是厉害
Okay, I’m impressed.
我们小学三年级就认识了
We’ve known each other since the third grade.
你到现在才觉得我很厉害吗
You didn’t already know enough to be impressed?
我一直都喜欢你 只是…
I always liked you, just…
你个混球
You are a dick.
这不一样 这是成就方面的
This is different. This is about accomplishment.
-真好 -是的 宝贝
– There you are. – All right, babe.
还记得二年级的时候
Except it was second grade.
-什么 -二年级的时候
– What? – It’s second grade.
詹肯斯老师的课上
In Ms. Jenkins’ class,
在足球场南边的角落
on the kickball field in the south corner…
当时我试图吻你 你啵了我一下
…is where I tried to kiss you and you fish-hooked me.
还有点肉桂的味道
Tasted like cinnamon.
就像这样
Pop. One of those.
你停下来就为了回忆过去
You just broke off to reminisce?
只是突然想到
Just a sidebar.
好吧
Okay.
继续
Come on.
怎么了
What’s wrong?
审讯结束了我就会离开
You know I’m leaving when the trial’s over.
你确定我们可以这样吗
Are you sure we should do this?
我确定吗
Am I sure?
它是没问题 我在想你行不行
He’s sure. I’m wondering if you’re sure.
天呐
Man.
我们为什么来这里
Why did we come here?
能在这见到你我很开心
I love seeing you here…
不过我不傻 汉克 我了解你
…but I’m not naive, Hank. I know you.
你了解我什么
What do you think you know?
实话实说
Honestly?
我是个正直的人 我很忠诚是吗
That I’m a decent guy? That I’m loyal?
我是名了不起的律师
That I’m a phenomenal lawyer,
非常有道德 连艾米什人都自愧不如
that I got a work ethic that’ll rival the Amish?
你了解什么
What do you know?
说啊 我被审问惯了
Say it. I’m used to being held under scrutiny.
我只清楚这些
Here’s what I know:
我绝不会离开卡林维尔 我爱这里
I am never leaving Carlinville. I love it here.
你只是一个来自印第安纳州的男孩
And you’re just a boy from Indiana…
而你会为了掩盖这个事实
…who’s gonna do whatever
做任何事情
he has to do to pretend that’s not true.
走了记得锁门
Lock the door behind you.
我要去”自娱自乐”了 我会想着你
I’m gonna go play with myself. I’ll be thinking of you.
我和你的女儿亲热过
And I made out with your daughter.
真见鬼
Ugh. Fuck.
-法官说他在丢失记忆 -什么意思
– Judge says he’s missing time. – Explain that to me.
是”化疗脑”现象
It’s called “Chemo brain.”
除了易疲劳和皮肤干裂之外
Along with the fatigue and the cracked skin…
有时候还会出现记忆缺失
…you can sometimes suffer from memory loss…
会混乱 痴呆 产生错觉
…confusion, dementia, delusions.
所以很有可能
There’s a real possibility probability
他撞到布莱克维尔那晚 神志不清
that he was mentally impaired the night he hit Blackwell.
希望你能证实这一点 作为备用策略
If you can corroborate that, I need it in my back pocket.
这不是请求 我可能需要你作证
I’m not asking, I may need you to testify.
他在钓鱼屋里接受化疗
He’s getting chemotherapy in a fishing cabin.
我觉得他不想告诉任何人
I don’t think he wants anyone knowing.
我是他的医生 要遵从他的意愿
And I’m his doctor. I’m bound by his wishes.
是他的意愿还是他的虚荣心
Bound by his wishes or his vanity?
治疗到什么时候结束
When will he be done with the treatments?
我告诉你父亲 由他决定
Well, I have told your father, that’s up to him.
由他
On him?
但是
But…
那他怎么知道什么时候结束
…how would he know?
他到底怎么跟你说的
So, what exactly did he tell you?
让我不要担心 病情得到缓解了
Told me it’s under control. It’s in remission.
别这副表情 你这个乡下的庸医
Give it up, you country quack.
现在我是他的律师 不是他儿子
I’m not his son. I’m his fucking lawyer.
我不是做戏 你真的很不友好
This isn’t an act. You really aren’t a pleasant person.
是吗 我现在像夏日微风一样温柔
Right now? I’m a summer breeze.
一旦我传唤你 让你站上法庭
Once I subpoena you, get you on the stand…
再从你的口中榨出事实
…and extract the truth from your ass like tree sap,
那个时候你就会意识到
…then you’ll realize in that moment,
没错 我一点也不友好
correct, I’m not a pleasant person.
我们发现得太晚了
We caught it too late to cut it out.
所以不好解决
To slap a bag on it.
如果他经常做检查的话…
If he’d had regular screenings…
不过法官不是那种
But the judge wasn’t the type
会经常去医院做体♥检♥的人
to invite a camera with any degree of regularity.
你母亲坚持让他试试
Your mother insisted that he try.
我猜他坚持到现在是为了她
I suspect he’s still doing it for her.
我为他治疗了一年
I’ve been treating him for a year.
已经晚期了
His condition is advanced.
到了第四个阶段
Stage 4.
病痛会更严重 我们会用吗♥啡♥来缓解
The pain will increase. We’ll manage that with morphine.
“迪斯科”
“Cafe du Monde.”
“絮状的云朵
“The clouds…
就像天空中一缕缕火光”
…were ripped like the strip of fire above.”
油炸玉米团是什么
What’s a hush puppy?
健康的东西
Good for you.
-你走开 -爸爸 把手给我
– Get out of here. – Dad, give me your hand.
出去
Get out.
我怎么没穿鞋
Why are my shoes off?
你没事的 别动 待着别动
You’re okay. Just stay. Stay right there.
-别扶着我 -不不不
– Let go of my hand. – No, no, no.
我们洗洗吧 去浴缸洗洗
Why don’t we just do this? Let’s go to the tub.
好吗 小心脚下 好的
Okay? Careful where you’re stepping. Okay.
好了 腿跨得过去吗
Oh, yeah. Can you get your leg over?
很好
There you go.
-可以吗 -好 来吧
– Is that okay? – Okay, let’s go.
-水温如何 凉不凉 -太烫了
– How’s that temperature? Is it okay? – Ooh, ooh. Too hot.
-抱歉抱歉 -差不多了
– Sorry, sorry, sorry. – Oh! Yeah.
又有点凉了
Ooh. That’s a little colder.
就这样 水温刚好
Nice. It’s good.
-谁啊 -我能进来吗
– What is it? – Can I come in?
我一分钟之后出去 你先吃饭 吃掉你的炸玉米团
I’ll be out in a minute. Go eat. Finish your hush puppies, baby.
我吃饱了
I’m full.
等我一分钟 劳伦
In a minute, Lauren.
-耐心点 -你在干什么呢
– Come on. – What are you doing?
-什么 -问我们在干什么
– What? – What are we doing?
这要怎么说 在修水槽
I don’t know. Fixing the sink. Heh, heh.
我们正在修水槽 它有点漏
We’re fixing the sink. It leaks.
-我能帮忙吗 -说她会摔跤的 地上很多水
– Can I help? – She’ll slip. There’s too much water.
不行 地板上都是水
No, there’s water all over the floor.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!