Now I hate them for who they represent
和行为
and what they represent.
尊敬的法官 您好吗
Your honor, how are you?
很好 先生
Fine, sir.
但愿这些狗没有吓着你
Hope the dogs didn’t startle you.
我们要在室外采集证据
We’re doing this thing outside.
室内稍微挤了点
It’s a little cramped inside.
找个位子坐下吧
Just have a seat here.
好吧
All right
-你好 -很好
-How you doing? -Good.
谢谢
Thank you.
你好吗 丹尼雷
Hey, Donny Ray?
你好
Hey.
你已经见过大♥法♥官开普勒了
You’ve already met Judge Kipler.
是的
Howdy.
这是 莱奥富楚门
This is Leo F. Drummond
和他的同事们
and associates.
这是谭密 她是法庭书♥记♥员
This here is Tammy. She’s the court reporter.

Hi.
让他起誓吧
Swear him in.
你是否发誓 你将给出的证词
Do you swear the testimony you are about to give
都是事实
will be the truth, the whole truth,
只有事实 绝无虚假
and nothing but the truth, so help you God?
是 我起誓
Yes, I do.
我告诉过他了
I told him…
我知道 我知道过来 过来 过来
I know. Come here, come here, come here.
别担心 别担心 这只是个听证
Don’t worry about it. It’s just a deposition.
丹尼雷 我是莱奥楚门
Donny Ray, I’m Leo Drummond.
我代表巨大福利保险公♥司♥
I represent Great Benefit,
我非常非常遗憾
and I’m very sorry…
我非常遗憾
I’m very sorry to be here
在这种情形之下来到这里
under these circumstances.
嗯 我们本不该坐在这里
Well, we wouldn’t be here
只要你的委托人做了他们份内之事就好
if your clients had done what they should’ve done.
对不起 我没听清楚
I beg your pardon? I didn’t hear that.
嘿 孩子 要块口香糖吗
Hey, kid, you want a stick of gum?
-当然了 -给你
-Sure. -Here.
你胳膊断了吗
Did you break your arm?
对啦
Yep.
你遭遇事故了
You had an accident?
干嘛问哪
Why?
嗯 我是个律师 并且 嗯
Well, I’m a lawyer, and, uh…
把这交给你的母亲 您是他母亲吗
Give this to your mom… you his mom?
这种意外事故 也许我能帮你们找回些钱来
Maybe I can get you some money for the accident.
帮忙介绍下好吗
Why don’t you help with the display?
好的 我先帮一下这位先生
OK. I’ll go help this man first.
噢 不不 我来 这样挺好
Oh, no. I got it. It’s fine.
我能为您做点儿什么 先生
Can I help you, sir?
噢 我只是看看
Oh, I’m just looking.
旁边有家电影院
There’s a cinema down the street.
买♥♥张后排 中间的票
Buy a ticket. Center section, back row.
我三十分钟后到
Be there in 30 minutes.
好的
OK.
克利夫想让我生个孩子
Cliff wants me to have a baby.
那 你得做个决定
Well, you have a decision to make.
他跟着了迷似的
He’s become obsessed with sex.
他认为这样 就能把我们栓在一起
He thinks it’s going to keep us together.
听我说 我真的不想讨论这些
Listen, I really don’t want to talk about that.
我只是想见见你
I just wanted to see you.
去克利夫兰的一路上 我好像都能闻到她的香水味
I think I can smell her perfume all the way to Cleveland.
这让我无法集中精力去想 莱奥楚门的那帮人
It’s hard keeping my mind on Leo Drummond and his people.
他们会乘头等舱飞过来
They’ll be flying in, first class,
酒足饭饱之后
and after a leisurely dinner,
在某个会议室里碰头
they’ll meet in some board room
商量怎么来对付我
and discuss my total destruction.
当我在汽车旅馆开房♥间的时候
Around the time I’m checking into motel 6,
他们却正在高级套房♥里呼呼大睡
they’ll be sleeping soundly in their suites.
养精蓄锐之后
And they’ll wake up fresh and rested
准备开战
and ready for war.
这是我要的听证会
It’s my deposition,
却在他们的地盘上举♥行♥
but it’s their turf.
啊 年轻的鲁迪拜勒
Ah, young Rudy Baylor.
真是准时
Just on time, too.
楚门先生
Mr. Drummond.
泰勒 给这个孩子弄杯咖啡
Get this boy some coffee, Tyler.
贾克安德豪尔
Jack Underhall.
鲁迪拜勒
Rudy Baylor.
年轻律师永远是饥渴的
Young lawyer is always a hungry lawyer.
这些都是理赔部和保险受理部的人
All these boys claims, underwriting…
这张桌子边 一定聚集了上百年的法律经验
There must be a 100 years of legal experience gathered around the table.
而我的搭档 却考了六次律师执照考试都失败了
My staff has flunked the bar exam 6 times.
噢 鲁迪 别让
Now, Rudy, don’t be intimidated
桌子这边这么多人给吓着
by all these boys on this side of the table.
我保证 要是你在高尔夫球场 碰到他们
I guarantee, you get them on the golf course,
你一定能打败他们
they fold like a cheap suit.
让我们看看这是什么
Let’s see what we got here.
我想也许该从
I think maybe it’s, uh, appropriate
公♥司♥设计师贾克安德豪尔
to start with the corporate designee,
这里开始是合适的
Jack Underhall here.
我 我并不这样认为
I… I don’t think so.
对不起 你说什么
I beg your pardon?
你听清楚了的
Well, you heard me.
我想从贾奇莱曼奇科开始 她是索赔处理人员
I want to start with, uh, Jackie Lemancyzk, the claims handler.
我觉得最好还是 从安德豪尔先生开始
I think it’s best we start with Mr. Underhall.
我应该得到尊重 楚门先生
With all due respect, Mr. Drummond,
这是我要求的听证会
this is my deposition.
我得按我认为合适的顺序 召见这些证人
I’m gonna call these witnesses in the order in which I see fit,
所以最好是从贾奇莱曼奇科开始
so I’d like to start with Jackie Lemancyzk.
也许我们需要打个电♥话♥给大♥法♥官
Maybe we should just go call the judge.
哦 我不认为这么一大早
Oh, I don’t believe we have to get pugilistic
我们就得开始厮杀
this time of the morning.
我没有想要和你厮杀
I’m not admitting to being pugilistic.
我们只是有那么点儿小问题
We’re simply having a little problem
关于贾奇莱曼奇科
with, uh, Jackie Lemancyzk.
哦 这位波兰女士身上
Uh, this Polish woman.
什么样的问题呢
What sort of problem?
她已经不在这里工作了
She doesn’t work here anymore.
她被开除了吗
Was she fired?
她辞职了
She resigned. She resigned.
嗯 那么 她现在在哪儿
Um, well, where is she now?
她不再为我们的委托人工作 所以 嗯
She is no longer working for our client, and, uh,
我们不能再把她作为证人
we can’t produce her as a witness,
让我们继续下去
so let’s move along.
好吧 鲁塞尔 克劳凯特
All right. Russell Crockett.
在座的谁是 鲁塞尔克劳凯特
Anybody in the room named Russell Crockett?
他也离开了
He’s gone, too.
被裁员了
He was downsized.
裁员
Downsized?
嗯 真巧啊
Well, what a coincidence.
我们的委托人进行了 阶段性的裁员
Our client’s going through a periodic downsizing.
是啊 这难免的 不是吗
Yeah, that will happen, won’t it?
那么艾沃特 鲁富肯
How about Everett, uh, Lufkin…
那个理赔部副总经理呢
Vice President of Claims.
他也被裁员了吗
Has he been downsized, too?
不 他在这儿
No, he’s here.
你是 艾沃特 鲁富肯
You’re Everett Lufkin?
我祝贺你
My congratulations…
鲁富肯先生
Mr. Lufkin…
在巨大福利保险公♥司♥的大屠♥杀♥中
On your miraculous survival
奇迹般地幸存下来
of the carnage of late here at Great Benefit.
我也许没有百分百的努力 但我精神抖擞

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!