I may not be 100% today, but I’m here in spirit.
我很好奇
I’m curious.
好奇什么
About what?
我只想知道
I’m just wondering.
你还记得是什么时候第一次出♥卖♥♥♥自己的吗
Do you even remember when you first sold out?
你小子很狂啊
You’re an arrogant little piss ant, aren’t you?
我建议你注意礼貌
I advise you to mind your manners.
你可是律师
You’re in the big water now.
你在乎我的态度
Mind my manners?
我大老远从孟菲斯来
I come up here from Memphis
来为四个人取证
to depose 4 people,
居然有两个不在
2 of whom are not here,
而你让我注意礼貌
and you tell me to mind my manners?
这个 是你运气不好
Well, it’s your dime.
你打算怎么样啊 小子
What’s your call, son?
我要从他那里取证
I’m gonna depose him…
坐那里的那位 拉佛金先生
Mr. Lufkin over there…
然后我会收拾行李
then I’m gonna pack up,
回孟菲斯去
I’m gonna go back to Memphis.
没有保险的人就这么死去
So this is how the uninsured die.
有这么多好医生
In a society filled with brilliant doctors
科技如此发达
and state-of-the-art technology,
就这么让这个孩子死去 太可耻了
it’s obscene to let this boy just wither away and die.
他有保单在身
He was covered by an insurance policy
她母亲也付了保险金
that his mother paid good money for.
也许钱不是很多 但是足够了
It wasn’t big money, but it was good money.
我在这个案子中孤立无援
I’m alone in this trial.
我被人耍 我也很怕
I’m seriously outgunned, and I’m scared,
但是我是正确的
but I’m right.
我坐在这个可怜的孩子旁边 看着他受苦
I sit here with this poor suffering kid,
我发誓 一定要报复
and I swear revenge.

Hello?
鲁迪 是我
Rudy, it’s me.
怎么了
What’s… what’s wrong?
求你帮帮我
I need your help.
你在哪里
Where are you?
店里
I’m at the store.
好 待那里别动 好吗
OK, um, don’t move, OK?
我马上就来
I’m gonna be right there.
好的
All right.
我是鲁迪贝勒
Rudy Baylor.
她在这里
She’s in here.
谢谢你能来
Thanks for coming.
发生什么事
What happened?
快点 让他看看
Come on, let’s show him.
我扶着你呢 别怕
I got you. It’s all right.
鲁迪 我真高兴你能打电♥话♥来
Oh, Rudy, I’m so glad you called.
快进来
Come. Come.
可怜的孩子
Oh, you poor child.
我会照顾你的
I’m gonna take care of you now.
别担心
Don’t you worry.
别担心 我们能应付
Don’t you worry. We’ll manage just fine.
好的 你知道在哪儿找我
All right. You know where I’ll be if you need me.
知道 知道
I do. I do.
我对自己说 我一定要尽我所能
I tell myself I’ll do whatever I have to do
把她拯救出来
to get her out of this
不然 那家伙肯定会把她打死
because this guy’s never gonna stop until he’s killed her.
肯定的
Never.

Well…
他本来死不了的
Now it’s a wrongful death suit.
混♥蛋♥
Gazillions.
迭克
Deck…
多特 我真难过
I’m so sorry, Dot.
真谢谢你能来
Well, thank you so much for coming.
非常感谢
Appreciate it.
会没事的
It’ll be OK.

Hey!
这是布奇 他来找窃听器
窃听器
For bugs?
办公室内有小型窃听器
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢
Thank you.
请慢用
Enjoy your meal.
这个窃听器
This bugging device has got…
有中级电路
Medium-grade circuitry.
可以传送很微弱的信♥号♥♥
It’s a weak transmitter.
可能是捷克制的
Probably manufactured in Czechoslovakia.
我认为警♥察♥或者联邦调查局不会用这种型号♥
No, I don’t think the cops or the feds would place this.
肯定是其他什么人在窃听
Somebody else is listening.
还有谁想窃听我们
Who else would be listening to us?
我想到了
I got a pretty good idea.
鲁迪
Rudy.
怎么了
Yeah?
我只是随便打个电♥话♥
Just checking in.
-你要我从城里带什么吗 -不用
-You need anything from downtown? -No.
嘿 猜猜谁打算庭外和解了
Hey, guess what. Guess who wants to settle.

Who?
多特布莱克
Dot Black.
多特布莱克
Dot Black?
我今天过去了一下
I went by there today,
顺便看了看她
and, uh, check up on her.
我给她买♥♥了个水果蛋糕
I brought her a fruitcake.
她说已经没有力气
Yeah, and she said she just doesn’t have the willpower
打这种耗时的官司了
to stand a long trial
还有
and, uh…
她要多少
How much?
她说17万5就行
She said she’d take 17.5.
我觉得我们应该同意
I think we should take it.
先这么着吧 明天见
We’ll sleep on it. I’ll see you tomorrow.
好吧 不过我建议你同意
All right, but I say you take it.
我知道 我听见你的话了 我想想看
I know. I heard you. I’ll think about it.
好吧 再见
All right. Bye.
哈哈
Hah.
孩子
Son…
这个家庭已经受够了
This family’s been through a hell of a lot,
我觉得那女人会接受庭外和解的
and I feel this woman wants to settle.
我会问问她的
I’ll talk to her.
你现在就给她打电♥话♥吧
You go ahead and call her.
我就在这等着
I’ll wait here one while.
好 我一会打给你 德拉门德先生
I’ll get back to you, Mr. Drummond.
再见
Good day.
我对这男孩的死很难过
I’m sorry about the boy.
听着 我的客户 呃
Listen, my client, uh,
想要和解 鲁迪
wants to settle, Rudy.
我们这么说吧 鲁迪
Let’s say, Rudy,
只是讨论一下数目而已
just for the sake of putting the numbers on the board,
假设这个保险被赔付了
that if the claim was covered
我的客户大概要付
that my client should have paid out somewhere
15万到17万5的样子
around 150-175,000.
你这么认为
Well, if you say so.
他们的确窃听了我们的电♥话♥
They bugged our phones.
我的确这么认为 所以 呃 我们打算给你们
I do say so. And, uh, we will offer…
我看我们该 告诉开普勒法官这事
Guess we should tell Judge Kipler.
不 我反对
I don’t think so.
为什么
Why not?
我有个主意
I have an idea.
有点疯狂的主意
A kind of a crazy idea.
妨碍司法公正
Jury tampering.
我喜欢这样
I love it.
我喜欢这样
I love it.
我们最大的恶梦是谁
Who’s our biggest nightmare?
法官给了我们陪审团的预选名单

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!