The judge gave us the names
一共92人
of 92 potential jurors.
我们调查了他们的背景
We investigated their backgrounds,
确定了他们对我们有利还是不利
and we rated them with plus or minus numbers.
你打算让我怎么做
What do you want me to do?
-好吧 -什么
-All right. Here we go. -What?
任何与他们的直接接触 毫无疑问就是犯罪
Any direct contact would of course be a serious offense.
我们在干嘛
What are we doing?
我们要这么做
We’re gonna do this thing.
-照我说的做 -好吧
-Just do what I say. -OK.

Hello.
对 我找鲁迪贝勒
Yeah, uh, Rudy Baylor, please.
我就是
Uh, this is Rudy Baylor.
我是比利波特
Uh, this is Billy Porter.
你今天来我店里了
Uh, you stopped by the shop today.
是的 波特先生
Yes. Mr. Porter.
很感谢你给我回电♥话♥
Thank you very much for calling back.
你要干什么
What do you want?!
呃 和一个案子有关
Uh, yes, well, it’s about the trial.
你知道的 你是那个案子的陪审团成员
You know, the one you got a jury summons for.
我是那个案子一方的律师
I’m one of the lawyers.
呃 这这合法吗
Uh-huh. Is… is this legal?
呃 当然 当然合法 波特先生
Uh, of course it’s legal, Mr. Porter.
不过千万别告诉其他人
Just don’t go telling anybody.
我代表那位女士 她孩子死了 是白血病
Look, I represent this lady whose son died of leukemia
而这都是因为 巨大利益保险公♥司♥
because the Great Benefit insurance company
不给他们动手术的钱
wouldn’t give them the money they needed for an operation.
哦 天啊 这太恐怖了
Oh, why, that sounds awful.
我也有个婶婶得这个病
You know, I had an aunt that had that same disease.
花了很多钱 我叔叔很痛苦
Kept wasting away and my Uncle cried and…
我会尽力的
I’ll do what I can.
好的 先生
Well, yes, sir.
谢谢您 波特先生 祝你下午愉快
Now, thank you, Mr. Porter. You have a fine afternoon.
再见
Bye. Bye.
那个 那个婶婶是怎么回事
What… what… what about the aunt?
那婶婶是哪冒出来的
Where’d the aunt come from?
我怎么知道
I don’t know.
你让我装得同情些嘛
You told me to be sympathetic.
我知道 可是你也不用说这么详细吧
I know but you don’t have to don’t elaborate.
拿着你的咖啡
Get your coffee.
我们回去
Let’s go back up there.
我只是想帮忙而已
I’m just trying to help.
快过来
Come on.
我就在你后面
Right behind you.
女士们先生们
Ladies and gentlemen,
我下面要问的问题
what I’m about to ask
是今天最重要的问题
is the most important question of the day.
不过也很简单
It’s a simple question.
回答是或否就行
Can be answered yes or no.
请听仔细
Listen carefully.
你们是否有人已经就此案被联♥系♥过
Have any of y’all been contacted about this case?
这是非常严重的事件
This is serious business.
成功了
Bingo.
我们现在要知道
We need to know now.
让我换种方法提问吧
Let me ask it another way.
你们之中是否有人最近与
Did any of you have a conversation recently
鲁迪贝勒先生
with either Mr. Rudy Baylor
或者他后面那位迭克席夫列特先生谈过话
or directly behind him, Mr. Deck Schifflet.
反对 法官大人
Objection, your honor!
这是侮辱
This is an outrage!
你在做什么 德拉门德先生
What are you doing, Mr. Drummond?
法官大人
Your honor,
我们有证据表明
we have reason to believe
有人试图控制陪审团
that this panel has been tampered with.
他说的是我吧
And he’s accusing me.
我不明白你在做什么 德拉门德先生
I don’t understand what you’re doing, Mr. Drummond.
我也不知道 法官大人
Well, neither do I, your honor.
我也不知道
Neither do I.
请上前
Approach the bench, please.
法官大人 有人试图控制陪审团
Your honor, this panel’s been tampered with.
我要证据 立奥
I want proof, Leo.
我不能
I can’t say without divulging
泄露秘密情报 法官大人
confidential information, your honor.
你疯了吗
You are just out of your mind.
你看起来不正常
You are acting rather bizarrely.
-我能证明的 -怎么证明
-I’m gonna prove it. -How?
控告我们这种罪名
Accuse us of something like that.
控制陪审团
Tamper. I…
真可笑
it’s ridiculous.
请允许我先问完陪审团
Just allow me to finish questioning the panel.
我相信您会明白事实的
I think the truth will come forth.
你反对吗 贝勒先生
Any objection, Mr. Baylor?
不 我不反对
No, no objection.
那好 继续
Very well. Proceed.

Right.
那到底怎么回事
What in the Sam hill is going on up there?
没什么 律师的小伎俩
Oh, it’s just lawyer stuff.
波特先生
Mr. Porter.
我想直接问你个问题
I want to ask you a direct question.
我希望你
And I’d appreciate
可以诚实地回答我
an honest response.
只要你的问题是诚实的
You ask an honest question,
我就诚实地回答
I’ll give you an honest answer.
很好
Fair enough.
波特先生 几天前你有没有
Did you, Mr. Porter, or did you not
和鲁迪贝勒先生
have a phone conversation a few days ago
通过电♥话♥吗
with Mr. Rudy Baylor?
废话 当然没有
Hell, no.
我本以为你会给我个诚实的回答
I thought you were gonna give me an honest answer.
我就是实话实说
I gave you an honest answer.
你肯定吗 波特先生
Are you sure, Mr. Porter?
我非常肯定
I’m damn sure.
波特先生
Mr. Porter,
在法庭上
in a courthouse.
在美国法庭上
In a courthouse in the United States,
在田纳西州公正的法庭上
in a courthouse of justice, state of Tennessee,
我说你在说谎
I say you did not provide an honest answer!
你怎么敢说我说谎
Don’t call me a liar.
德拉门德先生
Mr. Drummond.
你个婊♥子♥养♥的♥
You son of a bitch.
嘿 把他拉出去
Hey, get off him!
保持法庭秩序
Order in the court!
贝立夫
Bailiff,
把波特先生带出法庭
remove Mr. Porter from this courtroom.
比利波特先生 你被驱逐出陪审团了
Mr. Billy Porter, you are excused from the jury.
法官大人
Your honor,
我要求解散整个陪审团
I move to dismiss the entire panel, your honor.
否决
Denied.
陪审团已经被控制了
It’s been tainted.

You, uh…
你掉了你的鞋
Your shoe, you left it…
我们可以按现在的陪审团
Are we ready to proceed now
继续吗 德拉门德先生
with the jury selection, Mr. Drummond?
可以 法官大人
I’m ready to proceed, your honor.
谢谢
Thank you.
我们今天就提出诉讼
We’ll file it today.
他会疯的
He’ll go crazy.
他已经疯了
He already is crazy.
他会干掉你的
He’ll come after you.
我正盼着呢
I hope he does.
这火鸡烤的不错

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!