告诉我说爸爸很懊悔
telling me that daddy’s sorry,
并保证以后再不这样做了
and he’s never gonna do it again.
老天爷
Jeez!
你只要对我说是
Just tell me yes!
为什么你要这样对我
Why are you doing this to me?
和你在一起 总是这样
It’s always the same with you!
你让我发疯
You make me so crazy!
凯丽雷科 三天前
Kelly Riker was admitted
就被送到圣彼德医院了
to St. Peter’s hospital 3 days ago,
我想强调一下 是在半夜里
at midnight, I might add,
带着各式各样的伤
with assorted injuries.
警♥察♥在小房♥间的沙发上发现了她
The cops found her lying on the sofa in the den,
赤身裸体裹着条毯子 几乎被打死了
beat to hell, wrapped in a blanket, naked.
克利夫雷科
Cliff Riker,
她的丈夫 显然是喝醉了酒
her spouse, was obviously intoxicated,
情绪激动
highly agitated,
一开始居然想用打老婆的东西 殴打警♥察♥
and initially wanted to dish out to the cops what he was giving his wife.
她是被
Which was, by the way,
一根铝合金棒球棒 狠揍了一顿
a severe beating with an aluminum baseball bat.
这是他惯用的凶器
Evidently his weapon of choice.
让我们来讨论一下柏蒂女士的百万家产
Let’s talk about Miss Birdie’s millions.
不 我想讨论克利夫的案子
No, I want to talk about Cliff.
我想讨论克利夫身上发生了些什么
I want to talk about what happened to Cliff.
他只被关了一晚上
He spent the night in jail.
他家里把他保释了出来
His family bailed him out.
他在一周内就要出庭 啥事都不会有
He’s due in court in a week. Nothing will happen.
哦 不错
Uh, all right.
考林 简尼思 伯德松
Colleen Janice Birdsong.
她的确是从第二个丈夫手里
She did indeed inherit a couple of million bucks
继承了几百万遗产
from her late second husband.
可是扣除律师费 失败的信托投资
But lawyers, bad trust department investments,
以及税金 他的财产已经所剩无几
and the IRS totally devoured the estate.
大概只剩四万美金
All except for about $40,000,
恐怕柏蒂女士 把它们都塞进了床垫里
which Miss Birdie probably tucked in her mattress
如我们所知
for all we know.
对不起
Sorry.
你是我的阳光
you are my sunshine
我唯一的阳光
My only sunshine
你令我快乐
You make me happy
当天空灰濛濛的时候
When skies are gray
不要夺走我的阳光
Do not take my sunshine away
噢 早上好啊 鲁迪
Oh, good morning, Rudy.
这是不是可爱的一天啊
Isn’t it a lovely day?
噢 是的 天气真美
Oh, yeah, it’s… it’s beautiful.
噢 铺草坪的垫土来了
Oh, here’s my mulch.
正好 那边点儿 靠那边点儿
That’s right. There, there.
就在这儿 对
Right there. Yes.
停 停下
Stop it, stop it.
不错 就直接卸在这儿吧
All right. Just put it right there now.
我的园丁会来取的
My yard boy will get it.
就卸在这儿
Just right down there.
好大一堆啊
Isn’t that a fine bunch of mulch?
对不起
Excuse me.
我并非多管闲事 但是
I’m not one to meddle, but…
你没什么吧
Are you all right?
你是不是痛啦
Are you in pain?
不是
No.
不过还是多谢了
But thanks.
嗯 好吧 我就站这儿
OK, well, I’m right up here.
我只不过在那边准备律师执照考试
I’m just studying for the bar exam,
要是你有什么事的话
so if you need anything,
就招呼我一声
just holler at me.
好的
OK.
不管什么事 好吗
Anything. All right?
我会为你做的
I’ll get it for you.
我叫鲁迪拜勒
My name is Rudy Baylor.
凯丽雷科 很高兴与你相识
Kelly Riker. Nice to meet you.
凯丽 能认识你很高兴
Kelly, it’s nice to meet you, too.
为什么你不坐下来
Why don’t you sit down?
去搬个椅子坐下来嘛
Go ahead. Take a seat.
你在那个学校念书
What school do you go to?
我进过奥斯汀匹艾
I went to Austin Peay
后来就进了孟菲斯州立大学的法学院
and then law school at Memphis state.
我一直想进大学
I always wanted to go to college,
但却一直也没成功
but it didn’t work out.
真的吗
Did you?
是啊 我一直以为我会进的
Yeah. I always thought I’d go,
可就是没成功
but it didn’t work out.
你想成为一个什么样的律师
What kind of lawyer do you want to be?
嗯 我喜欢庭审工作 所以嘛
Well, I enjoy trial work, so, uh…
我喜欢整天都待在法庭上
I’d like to spend my days in the courtroom.
为罪犯辩护吗
Defending criminals?
也许 也许吧
Maybe. Maybe.
他们也需要有人辩护
They’re entitled to a good defense.
在法庭上他们有这个权力
They have a right to their day in court.
那杀人犯呢
Murderers?
大多数杀人犯 雇不起私人律师
Most murderers can’t afford a private lawyer.
强♥奸♥犯
Rapists and…
和侵害儿童的罪犯呢
Child molesters?

No.
那么殴打妻子的男人呢
Men who beat their wives?
刑事案件有其特殊性
Criminal work is a real rare specialty.
我更愿意做
Um, I’ll probably be doing more, uh…
民事诉讼
Civil litigation.
就像诉讼和调查
Like lawsuits and stuff.
-对 -是的
-Right. -Yeah.
那是 请原谅
It’s, uh… Excuse me.
鲁迪拜勒
Rudy Baylor.
你好 是我
Hey. Hey there. It’s me.
你在干什么
What you doing?
鱼钓得怎么样
How’s the fishing going?
嗯 这个 嗯 进行的还不错
Um, it’s, uh, it’s going well.
事实上我现在正在和潜在委托人交谈
I’m actually talking to the prospect right now.
不错 你最好让她签约雇你
Well, you better sign her up.
怎么啦 鲁迪 鲁迪 你听见我说吗
What… Rudy? Rudy? Can you hear me?
很高兴和你见面
I enjoyed meeting you.
鲁迪
Rudy?
是啊 多谢你和我作伴
Yeah, thanks for the company.
嘿 明晚上还继续么
Hey, tomorrow night?
也许行
Maybe.
时间到了 停笔
Time’s up. Pencils down.
请把你的考卷往右传
Please pass your test booklets to your right
这样监考员可以把它们收在一起
so that your proctors may gather them up.
我在法学院的第一学年
In my first year at law school,
大家都是相亲相爱的
everybody loved everybody else
因为我们都是学法律的
because we were all studying the law,
而法律是很清高的事
and the law was a noble thing.
到了第三学年
By my third year,
你要庆幸自己没在睡梦里被人谋杀掉
you were lucky if you weren’t murdered in your sleep.
人们在考场作弊
People stole exams,
从图书馆里偷取研究资料
hid research materials from the library,
对教授们撒谎
and lied to the professors.
这就是这行的本质
Such is the nature of the profession.
这边
Right here.
半小时之前 她丈夫来过
Half an hour ago, her husband came in…
把一大碗汤泼向她
And threw a bowl of soup at her
因为她不想听到那些
because she just won’t get it through her head
-我多爱你之类的甜言蜜语 -这就是我的病房♥
-how much he loves her. -This is my room.
十八岁怀孕 结婚 然后就流产了
Pregnant at 18, married, then a miscarriage…
也许就因为他殴打她
probably because he beat her up…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!