She knew it was time.
当那些事情
With everything that was happening
一起发生的时候
and all that was at stake,
她只想到我的安全
her first thought was for my safety.
而我把她一个人扔在那里
And I left her in there all alone.
该死的
Damn it!
该死 凯莉
God damn you, Kelly!
这到底发生什么了
What the hell’s going on here?
你到底做什么了
What the hell did you do?
你杀了我的儿子
You killed my son!
你去死
God damn you!
对不起 我是她的律师
Excuse me. I’m her lawyer.
我要求她被问讯时 我能在场
I insist on being here while she’s being questioned.
这是你的律师
This is your attorney?
是的 长官
Yes, sir.
我希望能够保释她 由我来监管
I want her released to my custody.
我不能这样做
I can’t do that
我不知道你是哪种律师
I don’t know what kind of lawyer you are,
不过这是人命官司
but we got a dead body here,
只有法官才能作出是否保释的决定
and bond needs to be set by a judge.
我会进监狱吗
I’m going to jail?
你们能给她安排个单间吗
Well, can we arrange for a private cell?
我说 小子 我又不是监狱长
Look, asshole, I don’t run the jail.
你知道该怎么做的
You got a better way of doing things,
去和监狱长谈谈
then you need to talk to the jailer.
他们可喜欢律师了 是不
They love lawyers down there, right?
我说
Look…
要是你的律师管用的话
If your lawyer here is worth his salt,
明天你就能离开这里
you’ll be out of here
只要你交了保释金
sometime tomorrow if you can post bond, OK?
好吧
OK.
-你们只有5分钟 -谢谢你
-You got 5. -Thank you.
他们从窗口那里看着我们
They’re watching us through that window there,
而且这个房♥间可能安了窃听器
and this room is probably bugged,
所以你说话要小心
so just be careful what you say.
一般杀人罪 是什么意思
What does “manslaughter” mean?
就是说非故意杀人
It’s just murder without the element of intent.
我还能活多久
How much time could I get?
不 不 你得先被定罪才可能判刑
No, no, no, you have to be convicted first.
而我不会让你定罪的
I’m not gonna let that happen.
不可能定罪
That’s not gonna happen.
夫人 请把双手交叉在身后放好
Cross your wrists behind you please, ma’am.
这边走 夫人
This way, ma’am.
拉佛金先生
Mr. Lufkin,
你是巨大福利保险公♥司♥理赔部的副总经理 是不是
you are the Vice President of Claims at Great Benefit, are you not?
是的
Yes, I am.
我请求询问证人 法官大人
Approach the witness, your honor?
批准
You may.
你认得这个吗
You recognize this?
继续
Go on.
读过陪审团听
Read that to the jury.
亲爱的布莱克夫人
Dear Mrs. Black,
本公♥司♥已经7次
on 7 prior occasions
以书面方式拒绝了你的赔付要求
this company has denied your claim in writing.
这是第八次拒绝 也是最后一次
We now deny it for the eighth and final time.
你实在是蠢 蠢 蠢
You must be stupid, stupid, stupid.
诚挚的 埃佛莱特拉佛金
“Sincerely Everett Lufkin,
索赔部 副总经理
Vice President, Claims.”
这是你写的
That’s you?
是的
Yes.
你打算作何解释
How do you explain that?
当时我个人遇到了很多困难
It was a difficult time for me personally.
我有很多压力
I was under a lot of stress.
我们已经7次拒赔了
We had denied this claim 7 times before.
我只是想强调一下
I was trying to be emphatic.
我有点用词不当
I snapped.
我很后悔写了这封信
I regret having written the letter,
我愿意道歉
and I apologize.
你不觉得现在道歉太晚了点吗
Don’t you think it’s a little late for an apology?
也许
Maybe.
也许
Maybe?
那个孩子已经死了 是不是
The boy is dead, isn’t he?
是的
Yes.
那么 拉佛金先生
Now, Mr. Lufkin,
杰琪莱曼切克 是谁
who is Jackie Lemancyzk?
杰琪莱曼切克 曾经是理赔审核员
Jackie Lemancyzk is a former claims handler.
她在你的部门工作
And did she work in your department?
是的
Yes.
她什么时候离开公♥司♥的
And when did she stop working for Great Benefit?
确切日期我记不得了
I don’t remember the day.
是不是10月30日
How about October 30?
好像差不多
Sounds close.
那就是在她将要为此案
Wasn’t that just 2 days before she was scheduled
出庭作证的两天前
to give a deposition in this case?
我真的记不得了
I really don’t remember.
我希望能让证人恢复一下记忆
I’d like to refresh the witness’ recollection
也即根据第612条法令
under rule 612.
是10月30日
October 30th.
很明显是的
Apparently.
而这正是她将为此案出庭的
And that was just 2 days before she was scheduled
两天前
to give a deposition in this matter?
我想是吧
I guess so.
而正是她
And she was the person responsible
处理丹尼雷的理赔申请
for handling Donny Ray Black’s claim,
是不是
was she not?
是的
That’s correct.
你把她辞了
And you fired her?
当然不是我
Of course not.
那么 你怎么把她赶走的
Well, how’d you get rid of her?
她是自己提出辞职的
She resigned.
就在你给我的信中就能看到
It’s right here in the letter you just gave me.
哦 那么她干嘛要辞职
Oh. Why’d she resign?
我在此 因个人原因辞职
“I hereby resign for personal reasons”
所以是她自愿
so it was her idea
放弃工作的
to leave her job?
她就是那么写的
That’s what it says.
我问完了
Nothing further.
你可以退席了 先生
You may step down, sir.
你好
Hello.
嗨 我是杰琪莱曼切克的兄弟 我叫詹姆斯
Hi. I’m Jackie Lemancyzk’s brother James.
我能看看她吗
Is it possible to see her?
-詹姆斯莱曼切克 -是的
-James Lemancyzk? -Yes.
稍等
One minute.
全体起立
All rise.
请让我解释一下 莱曼切克小姐
Let me explain, Miss Lemancyzk.
其实我不是你的兄弟
I’m really not your brother.
鲁迪
Rudy. Good.
来见见 杰琪莱曼切克
I’d like you to meet Jackie Lemancyzk.
这是 杰琪莱曼切克
This is Jackie Lemancyzk.
这是卡尔 他一定要跟着她
Where she goes, Carl goes.
这是我的合伙人
This is my partner,
鲁迪.S.贝勒
Rudy S. Baylor.
请把你告诉过我的 再和他说一遍
Just tell him what you told me.
莱曼切克小姐
Miss Lemancyzk.
很高兴见到你
It’s a pleasure to meet you.
我可以坐下吗
Is it all right if I sit down?
当然
Sure, sure.
很好 莱曼切克小姐
All right, Miss Lemancyzk,
我想和你谈谈 布莱克的理赔申请
let’s talk about the Black file.
那是由你处理的
It was assigned to you?
是的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!