So, don’t worry. We will pick another weekend.
我不想再见你了
I don’t want to see you anymore.
等等 这
Wait. It- –
是因为你父母吗
Is it your parents?
如果是的话 我能和他们谈
Because if it is, I can talk to them.
他们不 他们不了解你
They don’t- – They don’t understand you the way that- –
不像我这样
that I do.
如果你不想进行周末活动
And if you don’t want to do a weekend,
我们可以不要的
we don’t have to.
我不想再见你了
I don’t want to see you anymore.
可是 詹妮
But Jenny…
詹妮
Jenny…
求求你了
please.
我爱你
I love you.
我需要你
I need you.
我们能解决所有问题的
We can work everything out.
就请你 请别离开我
Please just… please don’t leave me.
我现在就要挂断了
I’m gonna hang up now.
别挂断 等等 等等
Don’t hang up, wait, wait- –
詹妮
Jenny?
詹妮 吃晚饭了
Jenny, dinner!
这是格拉梅西家 我是简
Gramercy residence. Jane speaking.
你好
Hello.
我是詹妮
It’s Jenny.
我这周末会过来牵走我的马
I’m coming to pick up my horse this weekend.
没问题
Fine.
笨女孩
Stupid girl.
太笨 太笨了
Stupid, stupid girl.
你父亲在哪儿
Where’s your father?
我们做了一场梦
Young Jenny: “We had a dream.
一场美梦
“A beautiful dream.
我们要用彼此的爱
“We were going to fill the emptiness in each of our souls
来填补对方灵魂里的空虚
with love from the other.”
你和比尔发生了什么
What happened with you and Bill?
为什么你要离开他
Why’d you leave him?
我离开他
Me leave him?
你不知道吧
You don’t know?
这才只是开始而已 詹妮
It was just the beginning, Jenny.
还有很多其他人呢
There are so many others.
我试着跟上他的脚步 但我老了
I tried to keep up but I’m old.
我老了
I’m old.
但和很多梦一样
But as so many dreams.
现实也无法完全呈现出真♥相♥
reality does not hold true.”
我没法寻求帮助
I couldn’t ask for help.
我在等你来拯救我
I was waiting for you to save me.
在我脑中 这个人选只有你
Somehow in my mind, it couldn’t be anybody else.
必须是你
It had to be you.
你为什么不帮我
Why didn’t you?
因为没人来救我
No one saved me.
我曾用来描绘G女士和比尔的
“The pretty colors and ribbons
美妙的颜色和想法
“I had decorated Bill and Mrs. G with
全都分崩离析了
“Disintegrated,
他们的伪善已然褪去
“And they were left naked.
那因我的软弱而变得沉重不堪的痛苦
“The overwhelming pain of weakness.
那某人装出的道貌岸然的模样
“The sickening fact of someone
是如此的令人生厌
“Who once seemed so strong.
他只有在自己的言语中才能体现出崇高
Only to find that the strength is only in their words.”
谢谢 詹妮
Thank you, Jenny.
这个故事很有深意
That’s quite a powerful story.
你能告诉我们你的灵感来源吗
Do you mind telling us where you got it from?
我编的
I made it up.
我也是这么想的
That’s what I thought.
看吧各位 虚构的作品能让我们
You see, class, fiction allows us
感受远超我们经历的事情
to live things far outside our own experiences…
妈妈 继续呀
Mom, don’t stop.
那是我记忆中最美好的片段
Oh, that’s one of my favorite memories.
夏天的时候 在冰淇淋贩卖♥♥♥车♥后面
In the summers, after the ice cream truck,
孩子们都聚成一团
all the kids gathered around.
就只为了听你演奏
Listened to you play.
我现在技术大不如前了
I don’t have it in my fingers anymore.
我好失败
I failed.
我一点都不希望那是真的
I didn’t want it to be true.
我一直告诉自己那不是真的
I told myself it couldn’t be true.
我最大的错误就是
I failed at the one thing
没有尽到一个母亲该做的
a mother is supposed to do.
我没有保护好我的孩子
Protect her child.
真的很抱歉
I am so sorry.
你骗了我
You lied to me.
这些年来你一直哄骗我说那是很美妙的事情
You told me it was a good thing all these years.
确实是啊
And it was.
我拿到A了
I got an A.
一个A而已 对你来说很重要吗
An A. You think that matters?
怎么就能称之为美妙
That doesn’t make it good.
你只是想把我变成那些可悲的受害者之一
You want me to be some pathetic victim.
你想太多 我才不是呢
Well, you know what? I’m not.
我拥有别人没有的东西
I’ve got something no one else does.
现在我是老师了
I’m the teacher now.
不再是那个没有存在感的孩子
Not just some invisible kid.
你永远都没办法结婚的
You’ll never get married.
我又不想结婚
I don’t want to get married.
你都没在听我说话吗
Have you not been listening to me?
你也不会有孩子
You’ll never have children.
我讨厌小孩子
I hate children.
我不想要有小孩 我很确定
I don’t want to have children. I’m sure of that.
我只知道一件事
But I know one thing.
他爱过我
He loved me.
他哭了
He cried.
他哭了 你没看到吗
He cried, didn’t you see?
而且之后的日子里
And for years…
他会一直给我寄卡片的
he’s gonna send me cards.
亲爱的詹妮 你的毕业典礼怎样
Dear Jenny, how was your graduation?
亲爱的詹妮 请向你的家人致上我最好的问候
Dear Jenny, please give my best to your folks.
以色列发生的那些糟心事
with all the trouble in Israel…
我今天在报纸上看到你写的新闻了
Dear Jenny, I read about you in the newspaper today…
我希望你能继续你的跑步训练
…I hope you return to your running.
亲爱的詹妮 我很为你的步步高升感到骄傲
Dear Jenny, I am so proud of your growing career.
亲爱的詹妮 你就是个天才
Dear Jenny, you were always such a natural.
你看
You see?
我才不是这个故事里的受害者
I’m not the victim of this story.
我才是主人公
I’m the hero.
崩溃的是他 不是我
He fell apart, not me.
你甚至根本不会去想即使没有你
You couldn’t even think that their lives
他们的生活也还会继续
might continue without you.
仍会有其他像你一样的人
That there would be others.
你把他们都冷藏在你的记忆里了 不是吗
You froze them in time, didn’t you?
但你知道的 他还活得好好的
But you know, he’s still alive,
现在我要去见他了
and I’m gonna go see him now.

No.
因他倾尽一生对亚历山德里亚年轻一代的培养与贡献
For his lifetime dedication to the youth of Alexandria,
我们决定给威廉·亚伦颁发
we would like to award William P. Allens
卓越公民的勋章
this plaque of civic excellence.
谢谢大家 非常感谢
Thank you all. Thank you very much.
– 我真的很感动 – 我就在这里等你
– I’m actually deeply touched. – I’m here for you.
如果没有你们 没有你们的支持
And this could not have been done, obviously,
显然是不可能实现的
without you, without your support,
这片地区的年轻人 【后面关门的时候说了句啥听不太清】
the youth of this region,
他们学会持之以恒
they’ve learned to persevere.
他们学会精益求精
They’ve learned to strive to excellence
都离不开你们的关注 你们的关心 你们的支持
as a measure of your focus, your concern, your support.
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢大家

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!