设想一位已婚的女人
Imagine a woman who’s married
和一位离婚的男人
and a man who is divorced
亲密地分享他们的生活
sharing their lives in close friendship.
互相发自内心地爱着彼此
Loving each other with all their souls…
却没有在躯体上进行亲密接触
yet not being close with their bodies.
听好了 我是他们俩的一部分
Get this- – I’m part of them both.
我太幸运了
I’m lucky enough
能够分享他们的爱
to be able to share in their love.
在我离开他们的时候
When I’m away from them,
大地都开始震颤
the earth seems to shake and tremble
我总是害怕会跌落
and often I’m afraid I’ll fall off of it.
你反应有点快啊
Well, that was fast.
你想起来了吗
Did you come to your senses?
妈妈 你错得太离谱了
Mom, you are so wrong.
我哪儿错了
What am I wrong about now?
G女士是个了不起的女人
Mrs. G was an incredible woman.
你有没有读你的老师在后面写的评语
Did you read what your teacher said on the back page?
现在 读出来
Read it. Now.
如果你说的都是真的
“If what you talk about here were accurate,
我会认为你被成年人占了便宜
“I would say you had been taken advantage of by older people.
但是显然你拥有了一个美好的
“But clearly you have a fine,
完整的 蜕变成为女人的感情变化
full set of emotions blossoming into womanhood.”
明白了吗 连你的英文老师都知道 却瞒着我
You see? Even your English teacher knew without telling me.
你就不能让我独自保存我的回忆吗
Can you just let me sit with my own memories?
不 我想让你说出他们的罪行
No, I want you to nail them.
妈妈 别这样
Mom, please.
这让我想再次见到她了
It makes me want to see her again.
你是谁
Who are you?
詹妮弗
Jennifer.
詹妮
Jenny.
去过你家的那个女孩
The girl over there arriving at your house.
哦 詹妮
Oh. Jenny.
你要来这儿过夏
You’re coming to spend the summer here.
那你还记得我吗
So you remember me?
我当然记得你
Of course I remember you.
你上过几节课
You’ve had a few lessons.
我有天赋吗
Am I talented?
我是个好骑手吗
Am I a good rider?
不 我不会那么说
No, I wouldn’t say so.
你不是有天赋的那种
Not a natural.
不过你家很有钱
Your family’s rich, though.
犹太人
Jews.
在来美国之前 我从没见过犹太人
I’d never met a Jew until I came to America.
犹太人不骑马
Jews don’t ride horses.
见过犹太人在布莱顿骑马吗
Ever seen a Jew competing at Brighton?
我想我应该习惯
I suppose I should get on with it.
你好
Hi, there.
– 你一定是简了 – 是我
– You must be Jane. – I am.
我是艾伦 很高兴见到你
I’m Aaron, it’s nice to meet you.
– 终于能够见到你真是太好了 – 终于亲眼见到
– So nice to meet you finally. – Finally face- to- face.
– 等会儿会有很多电♥话♥ – 荣幸之至
– Many phone calls later. – It’s a pleasure.
我很好 我很好
I’m well, I’m well.
我们带他去马厩吧
Let’s take him to the stalls.
好的
Okay.
妈妈 你说贝基的地址是什么来着
Hey, Mom, what did you say Becky’s address was?
能发给我吗
Can you text it to me?
你为什么要讲这个故事 詹妮
Why are you telling this story, Jenny?
我一直都想讲个故事
I always wanted to have a story to tell,
但在这之前什么都没有发生过
but nothing ever happened to me before.
– 这是个美丽的庄园 – 谢谢
– This is a beautiful piece of property. – Oh, thank you.
她是我见过的 最美的女人
She was the most beautiful woman I had ever met.
噢 她能待在我们这真是太好了
Oh, it’s so nice to have her…
我知道我的父亲会为她倾心
I knew my father would fall for her.
每个人都会
Everyone did.
我也是
I did.
还有另外两个女孩
And there are two other girls
会在下午过来和詹妮一起训练
who are joining Jenny this afternoon.
– 明白了 – 那就好
– I see. – Which is lovely.
女孩们的数量刚刚好 我觉得
Good number, I think.
不会需要照顾太多人
Not too many to keep an eyeball on.
当詹妮第一次开始骑马的时候
When Jenny first started with this horse business
我并不理解
I didn’t understand it.
她的母亲到现在还不理解
Her mother still doesn’t.
无论怎样 现在我看出来这对她有多好了
I see now how good it is for her, though.
你知道吗 在俄♥国♥ 不允许犹太人骑马
Do you know, in Russia, Jews were not allowed to ride horses?
– 爸爸 – 怎么了
– Dad! – What?
因为没有任何犹太人能比一个俄♥国♥人高
Because no Jew could be higher than a Russian.
但是詹妮的叔祖父 他非常高
But Jenny’s great- great- uncle, he was very tall.
– 所以他骑了马 – 爸爸 拜托
– And he rode a horse. – Dad, please.
怎么了
What?
你准备好了在接下来的几个星期里
You ready to work hard
努力训练了吗 小姐
for the next few weeks, missus?
准备好了
Yes.
好的 我们走吧
Right, off we go.
弗兰妮 把沙拉端走
Take the salad, Franny.
你把剩下的端走
You take the rest.
谢谢你 贝琪
Thank you, Becky.
还有你 猫小姐
And you, Mrs. Cat.
那很烫 拜托用你的手套
It’s hot. Use your gloves, please.
永远 永远 永远不要把馅饼皮放在最底下
Never, ever, ever put a pie crust on the bottom.
它只会变得黏糊糊
It only gets soggy.
这个技巧和葡萄干
That and the raisins
是通向完美苹果派的秘诀
are the secret to the perfect apple pie.
但是你可不要告诉任何人
But don’t you tell anyone.
去吧
Off you go.
吉先生和我非常高兴地欢迎你们
Dr. G and I are so pleased
为了度过一个绝对美好的夏日
to welcome you to our home
来到我们的家里
for what we’re sure will be a fine summer season.
弗兰妮 你可以带我们做一下祷告吗
Franny, would you lead us in grace, please?
是的 夫人
Yes, ma’am.
妈妈 可以让我来说吗
Mom, can I say it?
雷蒙德
Raymond!
当然可以了
Of course you can.
保佑我们
Bless us…
– 亲爱的主 – 亲爱的主
– Lord. – …Lord,
还有这些我们将要享用的您赐的礼物
and these gifts that we’re about to eat.
感谢您让我们的朋友家人
And thank you for the friends and family
和我们聚集在一起
that are gathered here with us,
并且保佑我们平安
and keep us safe…
人们是怎么改变的
How do people change?
但我还是个孩子的时候
When I was a child,
我完全沉迷于改变自己
I was obsessed with changing myself.
现在我几乎记不得我是怎么变成这样的
Now I don’t even remember how I got here.
或是我曾经是怎样的
Or who I used to be.
哇 看看你
Wow, look at you.
你知道吗 有趣的是
You know, it’s funny.
我从G女士那学到的
I don’t remember anything
骑马技巧什么的全忘干净了
of what I learned, riding- wise, from Mrs. G.
但是我记得学习纪律和训练
But I remember learning discipline.
没错 我也是
Yeah, me too.
还有她的那个观点 忍♥受疼痛会使你有所增益
Her idea that you enduring pain makes you better.
你知道吗 我 那个夏天之后
You know I, um, I kept my horse there
我把我的马留在了那里
after that summer.
喔 你很幸运
Oh, you were lucky.
你有更多和她相处的时间
You got more time with her.
没错
Yeah.
我的父母 他们永远不会让我留下
My parents, they never would have let me stay.
我是个独生子 所以他们像看管鹰那样管着我
I was an only child, so they watched me like a hawk.
我是五个孩子中的一个 所以即使我不在
Well, I was one of five, so they barely noticed
他们也几乎不会发现
if I wasn’t there.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!