我竟然能收到你的信息
So surprised to get your message.
是啊
Yeah!
你外侧的腿怎么了
What happened to your outside leg?
在吗
Hello?
在 还有左腿是怎么了
Yeah. You know, the other left one?
你在和我说话吗
Are you talking to me?
抱歉 我还在上班
Sorry, I’m in the middle of work.
你在什么地方工作
Where are you?
你还不知道 我已经管理G夫人的农场好几年了
Oh, you don’t know. I manage Mrs. G’s farm. Have for years.
哦 我都不
Oh, wow, I didn’t- –
我不知道
No, I didn’t know.
– 哦 – 这可能
– Oh. – It would just- –
可能听上去有点令人吃惊
it would be so amazing to come visit
我想去拜访一下 看看你和G夫人
and maybe see you and Mrs. G.
你现在还骑马吗
Do you still ride?
詹妮
Jenny?
不像以前那样经常骑了
Um, not as much as I used to.
她们邀请我吃午饭
They invited me to lunch.
你带监听器了吗
Are you wearing a wire?
– 没有 – 你应该带着
– No. – Oh, you should have a wire.
我以为马丁会帮你想着的 他没有吗
I thought Martin was gonna to help you, no?
你得把一切都录下来
You have to record everything.
妈妈 我不要这样
Mom, no.
马丁不会帮我的
Martin’s not gonna help me,
我带着监听器也会很不舒服
and I’d be way too nervous to wear a wire.
那你也必须问问有关比尔的事情
Just tell me you’re gonna ask about Bill.
我也不知道怎么做 到时候再说吧
I don’t know. I’m gonna play it by ear.
好吧 但别忘了 光阴似箭
Okay, but don’t forget- – tempus fugit.
这什么意思啊
What does that even mean?
你上过拉丁文课的 自己查查
You took Latin, look it up.
不 妈 那是别的小孩
No, Ma, that was one of your other kids.
谁能记住那么久的事啊
Oh, who could keep track?
好了 拜拜
Okay, bye.
好了 姑娘们 准备开始了
Right, girls. Here we go now.
– 你大意了 – 抱歉 G夫人
– Now you missed a spot. – Sorry, Mrs. G.
你可以做得更好
You can do better than that.
看这
See here.
弄好吧
Finish.
好女孩
Good girl.
你这是怎么回事
What’s going on here?
抱歉 G夫人
Sorry, Mrs. G.
没有借口
No excuses.
来吧
Come on.
G夫人 弗兰妮
Mrs. G, Franny.
见到你真太好了
So good to see you.
这件外套
That coat.
你好像穿了很多年
I feel like I remember from years past.
的确很久了
It’s ancient.
喝的来了
Ah, here are our drinks.
我们点了什么 弗兰
What are we having, Fran?

Uh, yeah.
玛丽酒 她喝洋葱汤
Okay, Mary, Mother will have the onion soup…
我对很多事都感到后悔
You know, I have a lot of regrets.
是吗
You do?
如果能回到过去 我要改变从前很多事情
I would change so many things if I could go back in time.
你想改变什么
What would you change?
詹妮 你不吃点什么吗
Jenny, you gonna eat?

Uh…
我要一份什锦沙拉吧
Sorry, yeah, I’ll just have a mixed green salad.
谢谢 我们慢慢谈吧
Thanks. Let’s slow down, eh?
我不知道你是从哪来的
I don’t think I know where you’re from,
我好像从来都不知道
or maybe I never knew.
– 是伦敦吗 – 英国西南部
– From London? – No, West Country.
我在一所农场里长大
I grew up on a farm.
但我妈喜欢狗胜过喜欢我
But my mum preferred the dogs over me.
我很小的时候就被送到托儿所去了
I was taken away and put in a children’s home quite young.
就像狄更斯一样
Right out of Dickens.
我一直想问你
I’ve been wanting to ask you…
有话直说
Better just get it over with.
不需要吞吞吐吐的
No need to wallow.
雷两年前去世了
Ray passed away two years ago.
哦 真是遗憾
Oh, I’m so sorry.
G医生有癌症 已经很长时间了
Dr. G has cancer. He’s lived with it for a long time.
大家都认为他活不了这么久
No one thought he would live this long.
就是这样
So there.
你全都知道了
You know everything.
现在可以换个话题了
Now we can change the subject.
真有意思 我都没想过要问有关G医生的事
It’s funny, I didn’t even think about asking about Dr. G.
我感觉很不好
I feel bad. I just- –
我以为他们离婚了
I assumed they were divorced.
你怎么会这么认为
Why would you say that?
她和G医生对彼此绝对忠贞
She and Dr. G are absolutely devoted to one another.
是啊
Right.
但比尔呢
But what about Bill?
他怎么了
What happened to him?
我不知道他怎么了
I don’t know what happened to him.
一点也不知道
I don’t have any idea.
我为什么要这么做
Why am I doing this?
现在别质疑自己
Don’t question yourself now.
你做得是对的
You’re doing everything right.
我说我想上一节骑马课
I said I wanted a riding lesson.
真聪明
Oh, that’s smart.
建立和谐关系
Build a rapport.
和她拉近距离
Connect at her level.
我不知道 如果她发现我说谎怎么办
I don’t know, what if she finds out I’m lying?
我从小孩子时候起就不骑马了
I mean, I haven’t ridden since I was a kid.
这就像骑自行车一样 亲爱的
It’s just like riding a bike, honey.
你会做得很好 别担心
You’ll be fine. Don’t worry about it.
她是个上年纪的女人
She’s an old woman.
她的生活濒临破碎
She’s broken, you know?
她和你不同
She’s different than you,
生活很不容易
and she’s had a hard life.
我们都不容易
We’ve all had a hard life.
她和我记忆中真是大相径庭
She looks nothing like I remember, you know?
那时候她对我而言就是一个巨人
Like, she looked like such a giant to me then.
你们必须逼自己跨越所有边界
You must push yourselves beyond all boundaries.
打破限制
No limits!
我妈说雷根本不是G医生的孩子 她离婚了
My mom said Ray isn’t even Dr. G’s kid. She’s divorced.
你这是胡说
You don’t know what you’re talking about.
她第一个丈夫自杀了
Her first husband killed himself.
决赛前一天
The day before the final competition,
G夫人给我们放了个假
Mrs. G gave us a break from training.

Five…
詹妮 一起玩啊
Jenny, come join us.
对啊 快来 詹妮
Yeah, come on in, Jenny.
纽加 过来
Nouga, over here!
纽加保证会来看我比赛
Nouga promised to come watch me ride.
我们为什么叫他纽加
Why did we call him Nouga?
那是什么意思
What does that mean?
我对此一无所知
Nothing. I don’t know.
从没问过他这件事
I never asked him.
你不觉得这有点邪门吗
Don’t you think it’s a little cult like?
不觉得吗
No?
什么
What?
我以前不这么想
I mean, I didn’t think it at the time.
但现在 回头想想
But now, in retrospect…
这种集体组织
you know, the whole group thing.
崇拜痛苦 忍♥耐力这种东西
Worshipping pain. Endurance.
有种宗教意味 你觉得呢
It’s a bit religious, don’t you think?
是吗
Really?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!