我要自己掌控自己的人生
I’m taking my life in my own hands.
那个秋天 每个星期五
That fall, every Friday,
G夫人接我放学 然后带我到她的农场去
Mrs. G picked me up from school and took me to her farm.
这就是纯粹的幸福
It was pure bliss.
这就是天堂
It was heaven.
我终于有归属了
I was finally home.
我终于有归属了
I was finally home.
为了活下去 我们自己会编造故事
We tell ourselves stories in order to live.
所以 你的故事是什么
So, what’s your story?
你要讲的故事是什么
What story are you gonna tell?
谢谢
Thank you.
我觉得我们应该告诉你父母
I think we should tell your parents
我们要去比尔家拜访他
about visiting Bill at his house.
你觉得呢
What do you think?
我不觉得他们会理解
I don’t think they’d understand.
呵 他们什么都不明白
Ha! They don’t understand anything.
我就好像是隐形的
It’s like if I was invisible.
就好像我根本不存在
Like if I didn’t even exist.
你的父母只是惧怕这个世界
your parents are just afraid of the world.
他们只是害怕生活 害怕自♥由♥
They’re just afraid of living, of being free.
他们不能接受你正成长为一个女人
They cannot accept that you are becoming a woman.
他们不能像我们一样看待你
They can’t see you the way that we can.
他们简直就是伪君子
They’re such hypocrites.
我恨他们
I hate them.
你不应该恨他们 詹妮
You shouldn’t hate them, Jenny.
你应该可怜他们
You should pity them.
他们只是没你这么勇敢
They’re just not brave like you are.
你不惧怕人生
You’re not afraid of life.
对吗 詹妮 你可不怕人生
Right Jenny? You’re not afraid of living.
这样如何
How about this?
我们组成我们自己的家庭
We will form our own family
在完完全全坦诚
based on complete honesty
还有爱的基础上
and love.
毫无隐藏
Hiding nothing,
展示一切
revealing everything.
只有真实
Just the truth.
我们永远不向彼此说谎
And we’ll never lie to each other.
永远不
Never.
不像世界上的其他人一样说谎
Like the rest of the world does.
完全正确
That’s exactly right.
我要走了 我们得走了 来吧 小姐
I have to go. We have to go. Come on, missus.
我还没做晚饭呢
I haven’t even made dinner.
当我们要离开时 我们总是匆匆忙忙
When it came time to leave, we had to hurry.
你知道我丈夫没吃到晚饭的话会变怎样
You know how he gets when he hasn’t got his dinner.
如果我们回家晚的话 G博士会生气的
Dr. G always got mad if we came home late.
总是你们两个人离开
It’s always you two going off.
简 詹妮为什么今晚不留下来和我吃晚餐呢
Jane, why doesn’t Jenny have dinner with me tonight?
这样我们就有更多时间谈论这些事
And that way we get a little bit more time to talk about all this stuff?
如果太晚了 你就可以睡在我儿子的老房♥间
Then if it gets too late, you can sleep in my son’s old room
我明天一大早就会把她送回去
and I’ll bring her over first thing tomorrow morning.
听起来怎么样
How does that sound?
我决定不了
It’s not up to me.
詹妮可以自己做决定
Jenny can make her own mind up.
可以吗
Can’t you?
很好
Good.
那这件事就定了
Then it’s decided.
我当时说了什么
What did I say?
不管怎么样 我要走了
I have to go either way.
我不记得了
I don’t remember.
我肯定说了什么
I must have said something.
我只记得他们说的话
I only remember them.
为什么记不清自己说过了什么呢
Why can’t I remember myself?
我答应他们了吗
Did I say yes?
你当时为什么要那么做
Why would you do that?

Well…
这是我的人生
…it’s my life.
我可以自己做出选择
I can make my own decisions.
真的吗 你真这么认为
Really? You think so?
对啊
Yeah.
所以 你说了什么
So, what did you say?
好吧 我说了好
Well, I said yes,
因为我想向比尔和G夫人证明我已经成熟了
because I want to prove to Bill and Mrs. G that I’m mature.
但是这可不是你写在信里的
But that’s not what you wrote.
你写的是你当时不想呆在那儿
You wrote that you don’t want to be here.
你想和G夫人回到她家
That you want to go back with Mrs. G to her house.
看看你的日记本
Look in your notebook.
就在那儿
It’s right there.
这只是一个虚构的故事
That’s just a fiction story.
虚构的故事是什么意思 我们写了
What do you mean fiction? We wrote this as- –
这只是所发生的事情的一个版本而已
It’s a version of what happened.
这是什么意思
What does that mean?
很多事情都是真的
A lot of it’s true.
我老师告诉我所有的故事都是基于作者的生活
My teacher says that all stories are based on the writer’s life.
你不知道即将要发生什么
You don’t know what’s about to happen.
我知道G夫人比比尔好很多
I know Mrs. G much better than Bill,
但是比尔不会伤害我的
but Bill is not gonna hurt me.
– 如果你是错的呢 – 停
– What if you are wrong – Stop!
你变得像其他人一样
You’ve become just like all of them.
你就想控制我
You just want to tell me what to do.
这是我的人生 我的
It’s my life. Mine.
不是你的
Not yours.
让我自♥由♥
Let me live!
如果你是错的呢
What if you’re wrong?
我从来没见过金牌
I never saw a gold medal before.
很酷吧
Very Cool.
小心
Watch out!
我挑了一本想给你看看的诗集
I picked out a book of poetry that I wanted to show you.
是鲁米的诗集
It’s Rumi.
自从我第一次读了你写的东西
I have wanted to show you this
我就想给你看这个了
since the first time I read your writing,
因为这本书让我想起了你
because it reminded me of you.
– 真的吗 – 你会知道的
– Really – You’ll see.
好了
Okay…
开始吧
here we go.
从这儿开始
Start there,
然后大声读出来
and just read it out loud.
但是我读的不是特别好
But I’m not a very good reader.
哦 我可确信你能读的特别优美
Oh, I am sure you read beautifully.
好吧
Okay.
让你自己一下子从自我中解脱
“Make yourself free from self at one stroke.
就像一把没有软肋的剑
“Like a sword without a trace of soft iron.
就像一面不锈钢镜子
“Like a steel mirror,
用悔恨洗净所有的锈迹
scours off all rust with contrition.”
用悔恨洗净所有锈迹
All rust with contrition.
这样你才能看到你自己纯洁 明亮的本质
“That you may see your own pure, bright essence.”
这诗太美了
it’s so beautiful.
是啊
Yes.
我就知道你会喜欢
I just knew you would like it.
我就知道
I just knew it.
詹妮 你冷吗
Jenny, are you cold?
你的手在发抖
Your hands are trembling.
呃 我的手经常抖
Um, they always shake.
我本来想把火点上的 不过现在太晚了
I meant to light the fire, but now it’s too late.
你不应该着凉的
You shouldn’t freeze.
你感觉可以吗
Are you feeling okay?
可以
Yeah.
也许我应该给G夫人打电♥话♥
Maybe I should just call Mrs. G- –
不用 不用 我可以
No, no, I’m okay.
我感觉还好
I- – I feel fine.
我不想回家
I don’t want to go home.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!