and secrets and compromises.
秘密以及责任
You don’t need to carry all that weight.
你并不用承载所有负担
Why don’t you set that bag down?
为什么不放下你的包
Some animals were meant to carry each other,
有些动物打算一直背着彼此
to live symbiotically for a lifetime –
一起过一辈子
Star-crossed lovers, monogamous swans.
时运不济的爱人 终身相伴的天鹅
We are not those animals.
我们不是这种动物
The slower we move, the faster we die.
我们行动越慢 死的越快
We are not swans.
我们不是天鹅
We’re sharks.
我们是鲨鱼
Never? No.
从不 不
Ever? No.
绝不 不
You never want to get married? Nope.
永远不会想结婚吗 不会
Never want kids? Not a chance.
从不想过要孩子 没可能
Ever? Never.
绝不 永远不会
Is that so bizarre? Yes.
有那么奇怪吗 是的
Yes, it is. I just don’t see the value in it.
是的 没错 我不知道这样有什么意义
Right, sell it to me. what?
好吧 推销给我 什么
Sell me marriage.
把婚姻推销给我
Ok, how about love? Ok.
好吧 爱情怎么样 好吧
Stability, just somebody you can count on…
稳定 有人可以让你依靠
how many stable marriages do you know?
你知道多少稳定的婚姻
Somebody to talk to, someone to spend your life with.
可以一起谈心 可以一起过一辈子
I’m surrounded by people to talk to.
我周围都是可以谈心的人
I doubt that’s gonna change.
我没觉的有什么不同
How about just not dying alone?
可以不用独自死去 这个怎样
Starting when I was 12, we moved each of
我12岁的时候 我的爷爷奶奶
my grandparents into a nursing facility.
先后搬到了养老院
My parents went the same way.
我父母也是
Make no mistake, we all die alone.
不出意外的话 我们都会独自死去
Now, those cult members in San Diego,
那些被洗♥脑♥集♥体♥自♥杀♥的
with the kool-aid and the sneakers…
圣地亚哥邪教♥徒♥们
They didn’t die alone.
他们不是一个人死的
I’m just saying there are options.
我只是说还有别的选择
Oh, fuck.
见鬼
Brian left me.
布莱恩和我分手了
All right.
好了
Ok. Ok. All right.
好了 没事的
All right. Shh, shh.
没事了
Natalie, this is Alex, my friend. This is Natalie.
娜塔莉这是我的朋友艾丽克斯 这是娜塔莉
I should give you both a moment.
我应该让你们独处一会
No. No, that’s fine. I’m fine. It’s a pleasure to meet you.
不 我没事 很高兴认识你
Maybe we should just all go up to our rooms and freshen up.
或许我们该回房♥间梳洗一下
Maybe a drink? Now you’re talking.
要不要喝一杯 现在你说了算
He broke up with you over a text message?
他发短♥信♥和你分手
It’s kind of like firing someone over the internet.
就像用网络来开除别人
What a weaselly prick. Yeah, but what does that make me?
狡猾的混♥蛋♥ 没错 那我变成什么了
Someone who falls for a prick. We all fall for them.
爱上混♥蛋♥的笨蛋 我们都会爱上混♥蛋♥的
Pricks are spontaneous, they’re unpredictable and fun.
混♥蛋♥很有野性 难于捉摸 而且有趣
Then we’re surprised when they turn out to be pricks.
当发现他们是混♥蛋♥时我们依旧会惊讶
I followed him to Omaha. You did?
我因为他才去的奥马哈 是吗
I had a job waiting for me in San Francisco
有一份旧金山的工作等着我
when he got an offer from Conagra.
而他在康纳格拉找到了一份工作
He said we could start a life together.
他说我们可以一起开始生活
So I followed him. To Nebraska?
所以我跟去了 到内布拉斯加州
I thought I’d be engaged by now.
我一直觉得我现在该订婚了
No offence.
无意冒犯
None taken. That’s all right.
不会 没事
When I was 16, I thought by 23 I’d be married,
我16岁的时候觉得我23岁就会结婚
maybe have a kid, corner office by day, entertaining at night.
也许有个小孩 白天坐办公室 晚上休闲娱乐
I was supposed to be driving a grand cherokee by now.
我现在都应该能开上大切诺基了
Life can underwhelm you that way.
生活可能那样就离你而去了
I mean, where did you think you’d be by um…
我是说 你觉得你会
It doesn’t work that way. At a certain point,
我的日子不会那样 在某个时候
you stop with the deadlines.
你会被一个截止日期卡住
It can be a little counterproductive.
这就是不良后果
I don’t want to say anything anti-feminist.
我不想说任何男女平等的言论
I really appreciate everything that
我很感激
your generation did for me.
你们这一辈能对我这么好
It was our pleasure. Well done.
不用客气 做得不错
But sometimes it feels like,
但有时候 我觉得
no matter how much success I have,
如果我没找到命中注定的那个人
It’s not gonna matter until I find the right guy.
不管我有多成功都没意义
You really thought this guy was the one?
你认为这个男人是你的真命天子吗
I could have made it work.
我本可以让他是的
He um… he really fit the bill.
他很符合标准
You know? The bill?
你知道 标准
White collar, college grad.
白领 大学毕业
Loves dogs, likes funny movies.
喜欢狗 喜欢喜剧
Six-foot-one, brown hair, kind eyes,
6英尺1英寸 棕色头发 友善的眼神
Works in finance but is outdoorsy…
搞金融 喜欢户外运动
you know, on the weekends.
当然是在周末
I always imagined he’d have a single
我总是想象他有个单音节名字
syllable name like Matt or John…
比如马修或者约翰
or Dave.
或者戴夫
In a perfect world, he drives a 4runner, and
在理想世界 他开着4驱车
the only thing he loves more than me is his golden lab.
除了他的金毛他就爱我一个人
And a nice smile.
还有可爱的微笑
What about you? Let me think.
你呢 我想想
Honestly, by the time you’re 34, all the
老实说 当你34岁的时候
physical requirements go out the window.
所有的外表要求都可以抛诸脑后
Like you secretly pray that he’ll be taller than you.
当然你会偷偷祈祷他比你高
Not an asshole would be nice. Just someone who
不要是个混♥蛋♥就可以了
enjoys my company, comes from a good family.
某个喜欢我的公♥司♥ 出生良好的人
I guess you don’t think about that when you’re younger.
但年轻的时候你不会这样想的
I don’t know… I mean… somebody who wants kids.
我不知道 某些想要孩子的人
Likes kids. Wants kids
喜欢孩子 想要孩子
Healthy enough to play with his kids.
很健康 可以和孩子一起玩
Please let him earn more money than I do.
希望他挣的比我多
You might not understand that now,
你现在也许不理解
but believe me, you will one day.
但相信我 总有一天你能明白的
Otherwise that’s a recipe for disaster.
否则那就是一枚定时炸♥弹♥
And hopefully some hair on his head.
最好还没有完全秃顶
But I mean even that’s not a deal breaker these days.
但我最近已经不看重这些了
A nice smile.
和善的微笑
Yeah, a nice smile. Nice smile just might do it.
对 和善的微笑 和善的微笑也许就够了
Wow, that was depressing.
听起来让人沮丧
I should just date women. Tried it.
我应该和女人约会 可以试试
We’re no picnic ourselves.
我们总不能自己去野餐吧
I don’t mind being married to my career.
我不介意一心扑在事业上
And I don’t expect it to hold me in bed as I fall asleep.
我也不指望谁抱着我睡觉
I just don’t want to settle.
但我现在还不想安定下来
You’re young. Right now you see
你还年轻
settling as some sort of a failure.
你认为安定下来对你来说是种失败
It is…by definition.
就是这么回事
But by the time someone is right for you,
在你遇到真命天子以前
it won’t feel like settling.
你不会想要安定下来的
And the only person left to judge you
而唯一能做主的人
Will be the 23-year-old girl with a target on your back.
就是这个迷茫的23岁女孩
So what’s the plan for the evening?
晚上有什么计划吗
Well, we were gonna hit that party for
我们准备参加科技协会
the tech conference at the hotel.
在酒店办的派对
I didn’t know you could just attend those.
我不知道你们还会出席那些
I thought you had to register.
我以为必须先去注册的
Technically, I don’t think it’s open to the public.
技术上来说 我觉得它不对外开放
…just stop by. You’re gonna crash it?
只是随便看看 你们要混进去
They do have a nice party What to do with…
他们的派对还是不错的 只是看看
And they have a good time, usually. No, no, I get it. I’m in.
应该很好玩 不不 我明白 我也去
Jennifer Chu?
珍妮弗·楚
Shit! Ah, it’ll be fine.
见鬼 没事

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!