and then take photos of them in interesting places,
然后在一些有趣的地方用它拍照
kinda like that gnome in the french movie.
就像法国电影里的那个矮人那样
Why?
为什么
Because it’s Julie’s wedding and she thinks it would be fun.
因为是茱莉的婚礼 她觉得好玩
Does it matter why?
理由重要吗
How is Julie?
茱莉怎么样
Would you call her. She thinks you’ve turned to butter.
打个电♥话♥给她吧 她还以为你消失了呢
You’re awfully isolated how you live.
你现在的生活方式有点与世隔绝
Isolated? I’m surrounded.
与世隔绝 我周围全是人
So your assistant said you were gonna be in Vegas.
你助理说你要去维加斯
Did he?
他这么说的吗
Can you get a photo of the cut-out
你能去那家奢华的金字塔酒店前
In front of the luxor pyramid?
给他们拍张照吗
The place is a shithole. Nobody stays there.
没人会住在那种鬼地方的
Jesus, Ryan, I’m not asking you to check in.
天 瑞恩 我没让你住那里
Can you just take a stupid photo?
只是去照一张傻乎乎的照片不行吗
I’ll try my best.
我尽力而为
Thank you for trying your best.
谢谢你的尽力而为
Last year, I spent 322 days on the road,
去年 我有322天都在旅途中
which means I had to spend 43 miserable days at home.
也就是说我在家度过了糟糕的43天
Hey, neighbour. Hey. Hi.
你好 邻居 你好
I signed for this while you were gone
你不在时我帮你签收的
Oh, thanks.
谢谢
I hope it wasn’t too much of a bother. Nah.
麻烦你了 没什么
It’s my sister. I haven’t met the guy yet.
是我妹妹 我还没见过那个家伙
They’re getting married.
他们结婚了
Lots of luck. I know, right?
真幸福 没错
What are you doing tonight? You wanna come over later?
你今晚什么安排 有兴趣来聊聊天吗
Um…I’ve started seeing somebody.
我已经有男朋友了
Oh. Ok. Great.
好吧 很好
Hey, it’s good to see you.
很高兴见到你
You too. It seems like it’s been a while this time.
我也是 你这次出差真的很久
Ok.
好了
I am just I’m thrilled that everyone’s
大家都回来了 我太激动了
back under one roof. Welcome home, boys.
兄弟们 欢迎你们回家
I know there’s been a lot of whispering about
我知道关于这次会议有很多传言
why we’re here, so let me jump right in.
那我就开门见山好了
Retailers are down 20%.
零售商的数量下降了20%
Auto industry is in the dump.
汽车业也在衰弱
Housing market doesn’t have a heartbeat.
房♥地♥产♥业几近停滞
It is one of the worst times on record for America.
这是美国史上最糟糕的时期之一
This is our moment.
而我们的时机来了
Now, last summer, we received a
去年夏天一位活力四射的女士
dynamite young woman here from Cornell.
加入了我们 来自于康奈尔大学
And she had some pretty big ideas
她提出了一个庞大的设想
that she challenged me with.
希望得到我的认可
My first reaction was,
起初我的反应是
“Who does this kid think that she is?”
这个孩子太自以为是了
But after I gave it a listen,
但听了她的意见后
She really knocked me out. So…
却让我大吃一惊 所以
With a peek into our future.
让我们一起放眼未来
Natalie Kenner
有请娜塔莉·吉娜
If there’s one word I want to leave you with today,
今天我想介绍给大家的
It’s this.
就是这个词
Glocal?
全球本地化
Glocal.
互联网远程会议系统
Our global must become local.
全球化必须变成本地化
This company keeps 23 people on the road
我公♥司♥的23名雇员奔波在全国各地
At least 250 days a year.
每年至少要出差250天
It’s expensive and it’s inefficient.
支出高 效率低
When I came to Craig three months ago with this,
3个月前 我找克雷格谈这个问题
He told me, and quite astutely,
他很敏锐的告诉我
It’s only a problem if you have a solution.
如果这是个问题 就有解决方法
Well, today I stand before you with just that.
今天我在此为大家展示的是这个
You all know Ned in reception.
大家都认识前台的奈德吧
Today I’m gonna fire Ned.
今天我要解雇奈德
Sorry, Ned
抱歉 奈德
I’m sure HR will hire you back this afternoon.
相信今天下午人力资源部会重新雇佣你
We’ll see about that.
那可不一定
Ned could be any employee in any one
假设奈德是我们全球
of our clients’ locations worldwide.
任意一家客户公♥司♥的雇员
Strategy packets will be shipped in advance.
解决方案会提前送到他手中
Ned will be given a seat and find one of
然后安排奈德
our transition specialists waiting for him.
与我们的调解专员见面
Mr Laskin, the reason we’re having this conversation
拉斯金先生 今天与你谈话的原因是
As your position is no longer available.
你原先的职位被取消了
I don’t understand. I’m fired?
我不明白 我被解雇了
Hearing the words “you’ve been let go” is never easy.
听到这个消息一定很难过
Changes are always scaring.
改变总是令人恐惧
But consider the following.
但是想想接下来的路
Anybody who ever built an empire or
每个建立了帝国或者曾
changed the world
改变过世界的人都
sat where you are now.
经历过你的处境
And it’s because they sat there
也正是这种困境
that they were able to do it.
铸就了他们的成功
My fucking line.
全他妈照搬我的话
But what happens now?
我现在该怎么办
This is the first step of a process that will
第一步是帮你找到
end with you in a new job that fulfils you.
合适的新工作
Yeah, but how does it work?
但到底应该怎么做
I want you to take the packet in front of you.
看一下你面前的资料
Review it – all the answers
看过后 所有问题
you’re looking for are inside.
都会迎刃而解
Start filling out the necessary information and before
填写必要的信息
You know it you’ll be on your way to new opportunities.
不知不觉中 你将开始新的求职旅程
Now Ned, I need you to go back to your desk
现在 奈德
and start putting together your things.
回去收拾好你的东西
As a favour to me, I’d appreciate it
帮我个忙 希望你
If you didn’t spread the news just yet.
不告诉别人这件事
Panic doesn’t help anyone.
恐慌没有任何用处
I understand.
我明白
Give applaud for Ned.
请为奈德鼓掌
You can start the morning in Boston,
你可以早晨起来在波士顿
stop in Dallas over lunch,
中途在达拉斯吃午餐
and finish the day in San Francisco.
在旧金山结束一天的工作
All for the price of a T1 line.
这都是在线工作的优势
Our inflated travel budget is eviscerated by 85%.
我们高额的出行预算将减少85%
And more importantly, to you guys on the road,
对时常出差的你们来说 更重要的是
no more Christmases in a hotel in Tulsa,
不必再在塔尔萨的旅馆度过圣诞节
no more hours lost to weather delays.
不必因天气影响导致的航♥班♥推迟而发愁
You get to come home.
你们可以经常回家
Tell me you’re not taking this seriously.
你不是真的想这样吧
That’s why I brought the entire company
之所以全公♥司♥的人
in from the road,
都在到处奔波
Because we’re not taking it seriously
就是因为我之前没把这些当回事
There is a methodology to what I do,
我有自己的一套方法
There is a reason why it works.
而且这样做行得通是有原因的
Coke and IBM have been doing this for years, alright?
可口可乐和IBM已经这样很多年了
You familiar with them?
你听说过他们吧
And just like anything else you know.
所以就和其他的一样
It’s gonna take a few months of sorta transition
只需几个月来过渡
Then everybody is gonna settle in.
不久大家就会适应了
Who are you taking off the road?
你想把谁从出差名单上剔除
How are you not getting this?
怎么说你才能明白呢
You are grouned. Everybody’s grounded.
你不必出差了 所有人都不用了
It’s done.
就这么定了
What we do here is brutal.
我们的工作很残酷
And it does leave people devastated.
让别人陷于绝望
But there is a dignity to the way I do it.
但我的方式为他们保留了尊严
By stabbing them in the chest
正面给他们一刀

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!