and they’d be downsizing immediately.
他们马上就能利用它来裁员
All you have to do is follow the steps.
只需按步骤来就行
Natalie, what is it you think we do here?
娜塔莉 你认为我们是干什么的
We prepare the newly-unemployed for the
我们帮助刚刚失业的人
emotional and physical hurdles of job hunting,
克服求职中精神和物质上的障碍
while minimising legal blowback.
同时将诉讼率降到最低
That’s what we’re selling. It’s not what we’re doing.
那是我们的卖♥♥点 不是我们要做的
Ok, what are we doing?
那么我们是干什么的
We are here to make limbo tolerable,
我们让地狱变得可以让人忍♥受
to ferry wounded souls across the river of dread
护送受伤的心灵渡过绝望的河流
until the point where hope is dimly visible.
到达一个几乎看不到希望的地方
And then stop the boat, shove ’em in the water
然后我们停船 把他们推到水里
and make ’em swim.
让他们自己游走
That’s really impressive.
真令人印象深刻
You’re gonna put that in your book?
你要写到书里吗
Hey, I gotta grab this. I’ll meet you at the car rental.
我得接个电♥话♥ 你去汽车租赁处等我
OK!
好的
Hey, I was hoping I’d hear from you.
你好 我正盼着你来电♥话♥呢
I’m in Hotlanta and I need a rib-joint recommend bed.
我在亚特兰大 我需要张舒服的床
Fat matts. Bring a bib.
大床垫 记得带围兜
You never called.
你一直没给我打电♥话♥
Well, I wasn’t sure what was appropriate.
我不确定是否合适
Appropriate?
合适
Ryan, I’m not some waitress
瑞恩 我不是什么
you banged in a snowstorm.
你在暴风雪夜带回家的女服务员
That word has no place in our vocabulary.
我们的词汇里没那个词
I’m the woman that you don’t have to worry about.
我是一个不用你担心的女人
Sounds like a trap.
听起来像是陷阱
Listen. The next time that
听着 下次
you’re worried about manners, don’t.
别再考虑什么习俗
If you wanna call, call.
想打就打给我
Just think of me as yourself, only with a vagina.
只需要想我的阴♥道♥就好了
When am I gonna see you?
我们什么时候能见面
Well, I’m out of Hartsfield into IAD,
我要从哈兹菲尔德机场去杜勒斯
with a connection in ORD into SDF.
在芝加哥机场转机去路易斯维尔
Sorry. Yeah, tell me about it.
真遗憾 是啊
How long’s your layover?
你中途停留多久
They got multiples into SDF. Can you push?
在路易斯维尔可以买♥♥连票 你能等我吗
Yeah, I can push.
当然 我能等
All you have to do today is watch and listen.
你今天要做的就是观察和聆听
And when I talk about a strategy packet,
当我讲到解决方案时
hand them one of those.
递上来一份就可以了
Sounds great.
好极了
So although I wish I were here with better news,
尽管我希望带来的是好消息
the fact is that you and I
但事实上
are sitting here today because
我们谈话的原因是
this will be your last week
这将是你在此公♥司♥
of employment at this company.
工作的最后一周
Why me? What am I supposed to do now?
为什么是我 我现在该怎么办
Am I supposed to feel better
我不是唯一被解雇的
I’m not the only one losing my job?
这样说我就能感觉好点了吗
This is ridiculous!
这太荒谬了
I have been a fine employee for over 10 years.
我在这里勤勤恳恳干了十多年了
And this is the way you treat me.
你们现在就这样对待我吗
How do you sleep at night, man?
你晚上能睡得着吗 兄弟
How’s your family? They sleeping well at night?
你的家人呢 他们晚上能睡得好吗
Electricity still on?
你家有电吗
Heat still on, refrigerator full of food?
有暖气吗 冰箱里有充足的食物吗
Gas tank full of gas?
油箱里是满的吗
Going to Chuck E. Cheese this weekend or something?
这周末会去查克起司吗
Not me.
我去不了
No, my kids, we’re not gonna do anything.
不 我的孩子们 我们什么都做不了
What do you suggest I tell them?
你给点建议 我该怎么告诉他们
Perhaps you’re underestimating the positive effect
或许您低估了职业转变
that your career transition can have on your children.
可能给孩子们带来的积极影响
The positive effect?
积极影响
I make about 90 grand a year now.
我现在每年大约赚9万
Unemployment is what – 250 bucks a week?
而失业后每星期只能拿250块钱
Is that one of your positive effects?
这就是所谓的积极影响吗
Well we’ll get to be cosier because
我还不起住房♥贷款了
I’m not gonna pay the mortgage for me house.
我怎么能过的舒坦
So maybe we can move into a nice fucking
我们只能搬到
one-bedroom apartment somewhere.
只有一间卧室的房♥子里住
And I guess without benefits,
我猜没有收入以后
I’ll be able to hold my daughter as she,
万一我女儿哮喘病发作
you know, suffers from her asthma
我也只能抱着她
that I won’t be able to afford the medication for.
因为我没钱送她去医院
Well…tests have shown that children
调查证明经受适当心理创伤的孩子
under moderate trauma have a tendency to
能够激发潜能
apply themselves academically…
提高成绩
..as a method of coping.
也是一种处理方式
Go fuck yourself.
去死吧你
That’s what my kids’ll think.
我的孩子们只会这么想
Your children’s admiration is important to you?
孩子们的崇拜对你来说很重要是吧
Yeah, it was.
是的 很重要
Well, I doubt they ever admired you, Bob.
我怀疑他们是否崇拜过你 鲍勃
Hey, asshole, aren’t you supposed to be consoling me?
混♥蛋♥ 你不是来安慰我的吗
I’m not a shrink, Bob. I’m a wake-up call.
鲍勃 我不是心理专家 只是给你提个醒
You know why kids love athletes?
你知道孩子们为什么崇拜运动员吗
I don’t know, because they screw lingerie models?
不知道 因为他们能搞内衣模特吗
No, that’s why we love athletes.
不 那是我们喜欢运动员的原因
Kids love athletes
孩子们喜欢运动员
because they follow their dreams.
是因为他们追求自己的梦想
Well, I can’t dunk.
但我不会扣篮
No, but you can cook.
是的 但你会烹饪
What are you talking about?
你在说什么
Your resume says that
你的简历上写着
You minored in French culinary arts.
你辅修过法国烹饪艺术
Most students, they work on the fryer at KFC,
大部分学生只会去肯德基打工
but you bussed tables at IL Picador to support yourself.
你却在皮卡多学了一门可以养家的手艺
Then you get out of college
你毕业后
and then you come and work here.
就来到了这工作
How much did they first pay you
他们最初给你多少薪水
to give up on your dreams?
让你放弃了梦想
27 grand a year.
一年2万7
And when were you going to stop
你打算什么时候离开这份工作
and come back and do what makes you happy?
去做你真正喜欢的事情
Good question.
问得好
I see guys who work at the same company
我见过一辈子
for their entire lives,
都在同一家公♥司♥工作的人
guys exactly like you.
就像你这样
They clock in, they clock out, and
他们打卡上下班
they never have a moment of happiness.
却从未感受过一丝开心
You have an opportunity here, Bob.
现在你的机会来了 鲍勃
This is a rebirth.
这是你重生的机会
If not for you, do it for your children.
如果不为自己 那就为你的孩子们
He just waltzes in and cuts in line?
你就这样让他插队吗
We reserve priority assistance
我们为我们希尔顿的荣誉会员
for our hilton honors members.
提供优先服务
The promotions are great. You should check it out.
这个促销不错 你应该试试
Hungry much?
你很饿吗
Our business expense allots $40 each for dinner.
我们公♥司♥有每人40美元的晚餐费
I plan on grabbing as many miles as I can.
我要尽可能得多积攒里程
Ok, you gotta fill me in on the miles thing.
你得告诉我里程是怎么回事
What is that about?
到底什么意思
Are you talking about… like frequent flyer miles?
你说的是 飞行里程吗
You really want to know? I’m dying to know.
你真想知道吗 我真想知道
I don’t spend a nickel if I can help it
除非可以增加我的里程
unless it somehow profits my mileage account.
否则我一毛钱也不会多花
So what are you saving up for – Hawaii, south of France?
你积攒里程干嘛 去夏威夷 还是法国南部

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!