It’s not like that. The miles are the goal.
不是这样的 里程就是目标
That’s it?
就这样吗
You’re saving just to save?
为了攒里程而攒里程吗
Just say I have a number in mind and I haven’t hit it yet.
只是说我的目标是个数字 但还没达到
That’s a little abstract. What’s the target?
挺抽象的 目标是多少
I’d rather not. Is it a secret target?
我不想 是个秘密吗
It’s 10 million miles.
是一千万英里
Ok. Isn’t 10 million just a number?
一千万不只是一个数字吗
Pi’s just a number.
圆周率也只是一个数字
Well, we all need a hobby.
我们都需要有点自己的爱好
No, I… I don’t mean to belittle your
我不是小看你
Collection. I get it. It sounds cool.
收藏 我理解 听起来很酷
I’d be the seventh person to do it.
我会是第7个做到的人
More people have walked on the moon.
多数人只能走一圈月球的周长
Do they throw you a parade?
会有颁奖典礼吗
You get lifetime executive status,
你会得到终身荣誉身份
You get to meet the chief pilot, Maynard Finch…
你可以认识总机长 梅纳德·芬奇
And they put your name on a side of plane.
并且可以把你的名字写在飞机上
Men get such hard-ons from putting their
男人总是很热衷把自己的名字
name on stuff. You guys don’t grow up.
写在什么东西上 就像你们从来就没长大
It’s like you need to pee on everything.
就像你们在各种东西上撒尿
Oh, now who’s stereotyping?
现在倒底是谁有偏见
Fear of mortality. It’s like, yeah, you’re gonna die one day.
害怕死亡 就像 某天你会死掉
And why do you suppose that singular to men?
你为什么觉得只有男人才这样
Probably because you can’t have babies.
大概是因为你们不能生孩子
The baby argument.
孩子的问题
If I had that many miles…
如果我有那么多里程
I would show up at an airport,
我会挑个机场
Look at the destination board, pick a place and go.
看着航线指示牌 随便挑一个终点飞走
Thank you for the advice.
谢谢你的建议
Ok. Closer. Way closer.
近一点 走近一点
Still closer.
再近一点
Closer. Ok.
近一点 好
Er…A little left.
向左一点
Down a little.
向下一点
Too far. Up. Up one more inch.
太下面了 移上一点 在往上一寸
I don’t get it. Why does your sister want a fake photo?
真不明白为什么你妹妹想要假照片
My sister is kooky. She thinks this is
我妹妹是个怪人 她觉得这样
charming. It’s like the gnome thing.
很有魅力 就像守护神什么的
No, I mean, why would she want a fake
不 我是指为什么你妹妹要张
photo in front of st louis airport?
在圣路易斯机场前的假照片
Are you kidding – Lambert field?
你开玩笑吧 兰伯特机场
The Wright brothers flew through there.
莱特兄弟从这里起飞的
That domed main terminal,
拱顶的主航站楼
is the first of its kind, a precursor
是第一座这种类型的机场
of everything from JFK to De Gaulle.
是肯尼迪机场和戴高乐机场的先驱
Pretty sweet. Just take the picture.
真厉害 拍照片吧
Well, that’s a keeper.
好了 记录下来了
Let me see it.
让我看看
Why she wants dozens of reminders of all
她一直想要提醒我的是
the places she hasn’t been is beyond me.
她没去过的地方比我多的多
Well I’m sure she’ll be crushed for having missed this airport.
我肯定如果错过这个机场 她会悔死的
Look, before Lindbergh had crossed the Atlantic,
看 在林白飞越大西洋之前
he took off from one of those runways.
他就是从那边的某条跑道起飞的
D’you ever wonder why they called it the spirit of St. Louis?
你知道它为什么叫圣路易斯精神吗
No. Well…
不 好吧
Do you know how fucked this place is now?
你知道这地方是他妈的怎么了吗
I am the one thing – the one thing-
我是唯一 唯一一个
preventing this place from being totally fucked in the ass.
曾经挽救这个混帐地方的人
Sometimes they just need to vent.
有时候他们只是需要发泄一下
Please, for the love of god, can I fire the next one?
看在上帝份上 让我开除下一个人行吗
Miss Barnes, thank you for joining us.
波尼女士 谢谢你来和我们见面
I’m here to be fired, right?
你们要开除我 对吧
Well, we’re here to talk about your future.
我们是想谈谈你的未来
You don’t have to sugar-coat it. I get the drill.
不用拐弯抹角 我见得多了
What are they offering?
有什么补偿
Inside the packet, you’ll find a
在这个包里
clearly worked out severance package.
补偿方案设计得非常人性化
Give me the bullet points.
请说得简要些
It’s actually pretty good
其实还算不错
Three months’ pay, six months’ medical.
3个月的工资 6个月的医疗保障
And a full year of placement services
我们公♥司♥还将提供
through our company ctc.
一整年的求职服务
Placement services. That’s generous.
求职服务 挺慷慨的
Commonly it takes one month of searching for
一般来说 每一万美元的
every $10,000 you expect to earn in salary.
期望薪酬需要一个月的求职时间
So I could be looking for a while. Not necessarily.
这么说可能会很久了 也不一定
Don’t even sweat it. I’m pretty confident about my plans.
不必费心了 我对自己的计划信心十足
Really? Yeah.
真的吗 当然
There’s this beautiful bridge by my house.
离我家不远有座桥很漂亮
I’m gonna go jump off it.
我会从上面跳下去
Natalie.
娜塔莉
Natalie!
娜塔莉
People say these things all the time. It’s part of the trade.
人们常常会讲这种话 这是种谈判策略
They do? Yeah.
是吗 对
They say crazy things. They get worked up.
他们说些狠话 也是为了达到目的
She was really calm.
她非常冷静
I think that’s a good sign.
我觉得这是个好现象
So they don’t ever actually do it?
所以他们并不会真的自杀吗
No. No, it’s just talk.
当然不会 只是嘴上说说
How do you know? Do you follow up? I mean no,
你怎么知道他们不会 跟踪他们吗 没有
nothing good’s gonna come of that, but..
之后肯定不会发生什么好事
I wouldn’t worry about it.
但我不会为这些而忧心
This is what we do, Natalie. We take people
这是我们的工作 娜塔莉 我们在人们
at their most fragile and we set them adrift.
最脆弱的时候介入 让他们随波逐流
You ready to go back in?
可以进去了吗
All right, let’s go. Come on.
好的 走吧
No, I’m fine. Tell me something sweet.
不 我挺好 说点高兴的事吧
I’ll be back soon. I’m not really sure how
我就快回来了 但我不知道
long this whole exercise is supposed to last.
这次工作锻炼还要多长时间
No, I don’t even think of him that way. He’s old.
不 我对他没意思 他很老
I I’m done? I wasn’t expecting this. Not at all.
这就结束了吗 我没想到 一点也没想到
Just like that?
就这样?
I’m disappointed that I’ve given so much of my life…
我很失望 我倾注了很多心血的
This is not fair.
这不公平
There are people that are gonna be
现在这儿没有
way more qualified than me now.
比我更称职的人了
I don’t know what to do when
我不知道我明早起来
I wake up in the morning, tomorrow.
还能干什么
You ok?
你没事吧
Are we going? Yeah.
可以走了吗 是的
This is how I start every day of my life.
我就是这样开始我的每一天
Now, this is gonna be a little difficult, so stay with me.
现在是有点困难 所以和我一起
You have a new backpack.
你有了一个新的背包
Only this time, I want you to fill it with people.
这一次我想让你用人去填满它
Start with casual acquaintances, friends of friends,
从随意的偶遇开始 朋友的朋友
Folks around the office.
办公室周围的伙计们
And then you move into the people you
然后 回到那些
trust with your most intimate secrets –
你最信任的人
Your cousins, your aunts, your uncles,
你的侄子 阿姨 叔叔
your brothers, your sisters, your parents,
兄弟姐妹 你的父母
and finally your husband, your wife,
最后 你的丈夫 妻子
your boyfriend or your girlfriend.
男女朋友
You get them into that backpack.
把他们放进包里
Don’t worry. I’m not gonna ask you to light it on fire.
别担心 我不会让你放火烧了它
Feel the weight of that bag.
感受背包的重量
Make no mistake, your relationships are
没错的话 你们的关系
the heaviest components in your life.
是你们生活最重的组成成分
Do you feel the straps cutting into your shoulders?
感觉到背带深嵌在你的肩膀里吗
All those negotiations and arguments,
所有的这些妥协争辩

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!