你好 我叫佐伊·克拉克
Hi, my name is Zoey Clarke,
我的故事估计会是
and my story is probably going to be
你今天听到的故事中最不可思议的
the most unusual one you hear today.
大概一年半前
About a year and a half ago,
我还只是个普通的程序员妹子
I was just a regular programmer gal,
躲在我电脑后面
hiding behind my computer
斯帕克波恩特
在旧金山这儿的一所大型科技公♥司♥就职
at a big tech company here in San Francisco.
但之后我开始有严重头痛
But then, I started having some really bad headaches.
于是我去做核磁共振
So I went to get an MRI,
我躺在共振仪里时
and as I was lying in the machine,
发生了地震
there was an earthquake.
仿佛世界上所有歌♥曲
And it was like all the songs in the world
都突然上传到我大脑里了
suddenly got uploaded into my brain.
接下来 我能听见人们内心深处的想法
Next thing I know, I can hear people’s innermost thoughts
通过音乐表达出来
expressed through musical numbers.
这超能力教会我
This power taught me that,
不管外表看起来如何
however it looks on the outside,
我们内心其实都支离破碎
we’re all messed up.
人人都有自己的烦恼
We all have our own issues.
顺便说下 我最主要的烦恼就是与此同时
My main issue, BTW, was that my father was dying
我父亲患了罕见的神经疾病 命不久矣
of a rare neurological disease while this was all happening.
他没法说话 走路 移♥动♥
He couldn’t speak, walk, move,
被困在自己的身体里
trapped in his own body.
但由于我的新能力
But because of my new ability,
我们突然又能通过歌♥曲交流了
we could suddenly communicate all over again through song,
这简直太棒了
which was everything.
我爸爸去世后 我们一家人迷惘无措
When my dad died, my family was lost.
但过去八个月我们学会了继续生活
But we learned over the last eight months to carry on.
不管那是什么意思
Whatever that means.
但现在出现了一个全新的问题
But now there’s a whole new problem.
大约两周前 我男朋友麦克斯
About two weeks ago, out of nowhere my boyfriend, Max,
突然也获得了我的音乐超能力
also got my musical powers and–
等一下 等一下
Whoa, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait.
我得先打断你
I’m gonna have to stop you right there.
有什么问题吗
Is there something wrong?
虽然这故事非同一般
This is a very extraordinary tale,
但还有很多孩子在排队等我
but I have lots of children waiting.
-好吧 -我不过是问你
– Okay. – And all I asked you was,
“你叫什么名字 你圣诞节想要什么”
“What’s your name, what do you want for Christmas?”
我想着你需要知道背景故事
Oh. I just thought you needed the back story
才能真正理解我的愿望啊
to really understand my wish.
我就希望我爸圣诞节能回来
I guess I just want my dad back for Christmas
或是能弄清楚
or some clarity
这能力发生在我和我男朋友身上的原因
on why this happened to me and my boyfriend.
我知道我爸说过 老天爷对我的人生
I mean, I know that my dad said that the universe
有宏大计划 但…
has some grand plan for me but–
我会尽力帮你
I’ll do my best to help
但这或许略为超越了我的职权范围
but this might be slightly above my pay grade.
笑一个
Smile.
圣诞快乐
Merry Christmas.
-好了 谢谢你 -嗯
– Okay, thank you. – Yeah.
有必要拽我吗 行啦 我这就走
Is it–is it really necessary? Okay, okay, I’m going.
我走了 别这样看着我
I’m going. Don’t look at me like that.
照片是给我妈的 我爸死了嘛
The picture was for my mother. I have a dead father.
太美好了不是吗
Isn’t this great?
空气中弥漫着薄荷拿铁的香气
The smell of peppermint lattes filling the air,
到处都在疯狂打折
major discount sales happening everywhere,
白人和黑人都同样地
and both Black and white people alike
压力山大
all equally stressed out.
你怎么能不沉浸在这节日气氛里呢
How could you not be in the holiday spirit?

Yeah.
我就是今年对圣诞节
I guess I’m just feeling a little conflicted
有点抵触 仅此而已
about Christmas this year, that’s all.
-因为麦克斯是犹太人吗 -什么
– Oh, ’cause Max is Jewish? – What?
不 因为这是第一个没有我爸在身边的圣诞节
No, because it’s my first Christmas without my father.
对哦 是这原因
Oh, yeah. That.
听着 你一定不好受 但你得把关注点
Look, it’s gonna be tough but you have to focus
放在你拥有的事物上 你有个男人
on the things that you do have. You have a man.
-对 -我也有个男人
– Yes. – I have a man.
没错
You do.
我男人的小孩喜欢我 我也喜欢他们
My man has kids who like me and I like them.
这本身就是圣诞奇迹了
That is a Christmas miracle in itself.
这些礼物都是给派瑞孩子的吗
So, are all of those gifts for Perry’s kids?
不是啦 这些是放进圣诞袜里的
Oh, no, these are the stocking stuffers.
这会我正让人把好东西包进礼盒呢
I’m having the good stuff wrapped as we speak.
-跺脚火箭能给我吗 -想都别想
– Can I have the stomp rocket? – Absolutely not.
好吧 你开心我就开心
Okay, I’m happy you’re happy.
真心的
Truly.
不过你要知道 今年对我来说
Just know that, you know, this year might not be
也许不如对于你那么美好
quite as great for me as it is for you.
好了 小佐
Okay Zo, ho-ho.
我不会在你面前炫耀我圣诞节有多快乐的
I will not rub my Christmas joy in your face.
我会隐藏情绪 不泄露分毫
I’ll just keep it all bottled up to myself, hmm.
谢啦
Thank you.
BGM: It’s The Most Wonderful Time of The Year
♪这是一年中最美好的时节♪
♪ It’s the most wonderful time of the year ♪
♪孩子们摇着铃铛♪
♪ With the kids jingle belling ♪
♪人人叫你要愉快舒畅♪
♪ And everyone telling you be of good cheer ♪
♪这是一年中♪
♪ It’s the most wonderful time ♪
♪最美好的时节♪
♪ Of the year ♪
♪这是最快乐的季节♪
♪ It’s the ha-happiest season of all ♪
♪人们互相祝贺♪
♪ With those holiday greetings ♪
♪欢聚一堂♪
♪ And gay happy meetings ♪
♪亲朋好友致电问候♪
♪ When loved ones call ♪
♪这是最快乐的♪
♪ It’s the ha-happiest season ♪
♪季节♪
♪ Of all ♪
♪要举办派对♪
♪ There’ll be parties for hosting ♪
♪要烤棉花糖♪
♪ Marshmallows for toasting ♪
♪还要在雪地里欢唱颂歌♥♪
♪ And caroling out in the snow ♪
♪分享恐怖鬼故事♪
♪ There’ll be scary ghost stories ♪
♪讲讲辉煌传说♪
♪ And tales of the glories ♪
♪遥想悠远的圣诞节♪
♪ Of Christmases long, long ago ♪
♪这是一年中最美好的时节♪
♪ It’s the most wonderful time of the year ♪
♪挂起槲寄生♪
♪ There’ll be much mistletoeing ♪
♪人们热情洋溢♪
♪ And hearts will be glowing ♪
♪亲朋好友陪在身旁♪
♪ When loved ones are near ♪
♪这是一年中♪
♪ It’s the most wonderful time ♪
♪最美好的时节♪
♪ Of the year ♪
♪要举办派对♪
♪ There’ll be parties for hosting ♪
♪要烤棉花糖♪
♪ Marshmallows for toasting ♪
♪还要在雪地里欢唱颂歌♥♪
♪ And caroling out in the snow ♪
♪分享恐怖鬼故事♪
♪ There’ll be scary ghost stories ♪
♪讲讲辉煌传说♪
♪ And tales of the glories ♪
♪遥想悠远的圣诞节♪
♪ Of Christmases long, long ago ♪
♪悠远的圣诞节♪
♪ Long ago ♪
♪这是一年中♪
♪ It’s the most wonderful time ♪
♪最美好的时节♪
♪ Of the year ♪
♪挂起槲寄生♪
♪ There’ll be much mistletoeing ♪
♪人们热情洋溢♪
♪ And hearts will be glowing ♪
♪亲朋好友陪在身旁♪
♪ When loved ones are near ♪
♪这是一年中♪
♪ It’s the most wonderful time ♪
♪这是一年中♪
♪ Yes, the most wonderful time ♪
♪这是一年中♪
♪ Oh, the most wonderful time ♪
礼物包装服务
♪最美好的时节♪
♪ Of the year ♪
没错 这个圣诞节会超他喵悲催
Yeah, Christmas this year is gonna be rough as fu–
佐伊的读心圣诞节
我对我获得超能力的原因有了新理论
So I might have a new theory on why I got the powers.
真的吗 你这次又想到什么
Really? What do you got this time?
我们都脑震荡了
We’re both concussed?
这一切都是一场梦 老天爷讨厌我
It was all a dream? The universe hates me?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!