最柔弱的人
Conceit in weakest bodies
最容易受幻想的激动
strongest works.
去对她说话 哈姆莱特
Speak to her, Hamlet.
-您怎么啦 母亲 -唉 你怎么啦
– How is it with you, lady? – Alas, how is’t with you,
为什么你把眼睛睁视着虚无
that you do bend your eye on vacancy and
向空中喃喃说话
with the incorporal air do hold discourse?
你的眼睛里射出狂乱的神情
Forth at your eyes your spirits wildly peep,
像熟睡的兵士突然听到警号♥一般
and, as the sleeping soldiers in the alarm,
你的整齐的头发一根根都像有了生命似的
your bedded hair, like life in excrements,
竖立起来
starts up, and stands on end.
啊 好儿子 在你的疯狂的热焰上
O gentle son, upon the heat and flame of thy distemper
浇洒一些清凉的镇静吧
sprinkle cool patience.
你瞧什么
Where on do you look?

On him.

On him!
您瞧 他的脸色多么惨淡
Look you, how pale he glares!
看见了他这一种形状
His form and cause conjoin’d,
要是再知道他所负的沉冤
preaching to stones,
即使石块也会感动的
would make them capable.
不要瞧着我
Do not look upon me,
免得你那种可怜的神气反会妨碍我的冷酷的决心
lest with this piteous action you convert my stern effects
也许我会因此而失去勇气
then what I have to do will want true colour,
让挥泪代替了流血
tears perchance for blood.
-你这番话是对谁说的 -您没有看见什么吗
– to whom Do you Speak this? – Do you see nothing there?
什么也没有
nothing at all,
要是有什么东西在那边 我不会看不见的
Yet all that is I see.
您也没有听见什么吗
Nor Did you nothing hear?
不 除了我们两人的说话以外 我什么也没有听见
No, nothing but ourselves.
啊 您瞧
Why, look you there!
瞧 它悄悄地去了
Look, how it steals away!
我的父亲 穿着他生前所穿的衣服
My father, in his habit as he lived!
瞧 他就在这一刻 从门口走出去了
Look, where he goes, even now, out at the portal!
这是你脑中虚构的意象
This the very coinage of your brain
一个人在心神恍惚之中
this bodiless creation ecstasy
最容易发生这种幻妄的错觉
is very cunning in.
心神恍惚
Ecstasy!
在按着正常的节奏跳动哩
My pulse, as yours, doth temperately keep time,
我所说的并不是疯话 我的脉搏跟您的一样
and makes as healthful music it is not madness that I have utter’d
要是您不信不妨试试
bring me to the test,
我可以把话一字不漏地复述一遍
and I the matter will re-word,
一个疯人是不会记忆得那样清楚的
which madness would gambol from.
母亲 为了上帝的慈悲
Mother, for love of grace…
不要自己安慰自己
lay not that flattering unction to your soul,
以为我这一番说话 只是出于疯狂
that not your trespass, but my madness speaks
那样的思想不过是骗人的油膏
it will but skin and film
不是真的对您的过失而发
the ulcerous place,
只能使您溃烂的良心上结起一层薄膜
whilst rank corruption, mining all within,
那内部的毒疮却在底下愈长愈大
infects unseen.
向上天承认您的罪恶吧 忏悔过去 警戒未来
Confess yourself to heaven, repent what’s past,
不要把肥料浇在莠草上
avoid what is to come, and do not spread the compost
使它们格外蔓延起来
on the weeds, to make them ranker.
原谅我这一番正义的劝告
Forgive me this my virtue,
因为在这种万恶的时世
for in the fatness of these pursy times
正义必须向罪恶乞恕
virtue itself of vice must pardon beg,
它必须俯首屈膝 要求人家接纳他的善意的箴规
yea, curb and woo for leave to do him good.
啊 哈姆莱特
O Hamlet…
你把我的心劈为两半了
thou hast cleft my heart in twain.
啊 把那坏的一半丢掉
O, throw away the worser part of it,
保留那另外的一半 让您的灵魂清净一些
and live the purer with the other half.
晚安 可是不要上我叔父的床
Good night but go not to mine uncle’s bed,
即使您已经失节
assume a virtue,
也得勉力学做一个贞节妇人的样子
if you have it not.
习惯虽然是一个可以使人失去羞耻的魔鬼
That monster, custom,who all sense doth eat,
但是它也可以做一个天使 对于勉力为善的人
of habits devil, is angel yet in this,
它会用潜移默化的手段 使他徙恶从善
that to the use of actions fair and good
您要是今天晚上自加抑制
he like wise gives a frock orlivery, that aptly is put on.
下一次就会觉得这一种自♥制♥的功夫并不怎样为难
Refrain to night, and that shall lend
慢慢地就可以习以为常了
akind of easiness to the next abstinence
因为习惯简直有一种改变气质的神奇的力量
the next more easy, for use almostcan change the stamp of nature,
它可以制♥服♥魔鬼
and either shame the devil,
并且把他从人们心里驱逐出去
or throw him out with wondrous potency.
让我再向您道一次晚安
Once more, good night
当您希望得到上天祝福的时候
and when you are desirous to be bless’d,
我将求您祝福我
I’ll blessing beg of you.
至于这一位老人家
For this same lord,
我很后悔自己一时鲁莽把他杀死
I do repent,
可是这是上天的意思
but heaven hath pleased it so,
要借着他的死惩罚我
to punish me with this and this with me,
同时借着我的手惩罚他
that I must be their
使我成为代天行刑的凶器和使者
scourge and minister.
我现在先去把他的尸体安顿好了
I will bestow him,
再来承担这个杀人的过咎
and will answer well the death I gave him.
晚安
So, again, good night.
为了顾全母子的恩慈
I must be cruel, only to be kind
我不得不忍♥情暴戾
thus bad begins
更大的灾祸还在接踵而至
and worse remains behind.
-再有一句话 母亲 -我应当怎么做
– one word more, good lady. – What shall I do?
我不能禁止您不再让那肥猪似的僭王引诱您和他同床
Not this, by no means,that I bid you do
让他拧您的脸
let the bloat king tempt you again to bed,
叫您做他的小耗子
pinch wanton on your cheek, call you his mouse,
我也不能禁止您因为他给了您一两个恶臭的吻
and let him, for a pairof reechy kisses, or
或是用他万恶的手指抚摩您的颈项
paddling in your neck with his damn’d fingers,
就把您所知道的事情
make you to ravel all this matter out,
一起说了出来
that I essentially am not in madness,
告诉他我实在是装疯 不是真疯
but mad in craft. ‘Twere good you let him know,
因为哪一个美貌聪明懂事的王后
for who, that’s but a queen,
愿意隐藏着这样重大的消息
fair, sober, wise,
不去告诉一只蛤♥蟆♥ 一只蝙蝠
would from a paddock, from a bat,
一只老雄猫
a gib, such dear concernings hide?
谁知道呢 不 虽然理性警告您保守秘密
Who would do so? No, indespite of sense and secrecy,
您尽管学那寓言中的猴子 因为受了好奇心的驱使
unpeg the basket on the house’s top. Let the birds fly,
到屋顶上去开了笼门 把鸟儿放走
and, like the famous ape, to try conclusions,
自己钻进笼里去 结果连笼子一起掉下来跌死吧
in the basket creep, and break your own neck down.
你放心吧
Be thou assured,
要是言语来自呼吸 呼吸来自生命
if words be made ofbreath, and breath of life,
只要我一息犹存
I have no life to breathe
就决不会让我的呼吸泄漏了你对我所说的话
what thou hast said to me.
我必须到英国去 您知道吗
I must to England, you know that?
唉 我忘了
Alack, I had forgot.
-这事情已经这样决定了 -公文已经封好
– ‘Tis so concluded on. – There’s letters seal’d,
打算交给我那两个同学带去
and my two school fellows,
对这两个家伙我要像对待两条咬人的毒蛇一样随时提防
whom I will trust as I will adders fang’d,
他们将要做我的先驱
they bear the mandate, they must sweep
引导我钻进什么圈套里去
my way, and marshal me to knavery.
我倒要瞧瞧他们的能耐
Let it work, for ’tis the sport to
开炮的要是给炮轰了
have the engineer hoist with his own petard
也是一件好玩的事
and ‘t shall go hard
他们会埋地雷 我要比他们埋得更深
but I will delve one yard below their mines,
把他们轰到月亮里去
and blow them at the moon.
啊 用诡计对付诡计 不是顶有趣的吗
O, ’tis most sweet, when in one line two crafts directly meet.
这家伙一死 多半会提早了我的行期
This man shall set me packing I’ll
让我把这尸体拖到隔壁去
lug the guts into the neighbour room.
母亲 晚安
Mother, good night indeed.
这一位大臣生前
This counsellor is now most still,
是个愚蠢饶舌的家伙
most secret and most grave,
现在却变成非常谨严庄重的人了
who was in lifea foolish prating knave.
来 老先生
Come, sir,
该是收场的时候了
to draw toward an end with you.
晚安 母亲
Good night, mother.
这些长吁短叹之中 都含着深长的意义
There’s matter in these sighs, these profound heaves

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!