Can you tell us how you handled your father’s absence?
这个…
Well…
我母亲十分悲痛
My mother was certainly distressed by it.
在那段时间身体严重抱恙
She was quite ill at the time.
但他 忠于职守
But he was, uh, committed to his job…
我相信对我父亲来说也同样很艰难
and I’m sure it was very difficult for him as well.
罗伊
Roy…
我们有个消息可能会让你很震惊
we have something that might come as quite a shock to you.
我们认为你的父亲还活着 就在海王星附近
We believe your father is still alive near Neptune.
具体♥位♥置还不清楚
Where exactly, we do not know.
我们现在已经派遣了大批无人机
Now, we’ve sent out numerous drones,
但是要覆盖的面♥积♥实在太广
but obviously, it’s a vast area to cover.
我父亲还活着吗 长官
My father’s alive, sir?
我们认为如此
We believe so.
罗伊 电涌似乎是
Roy, The Surge seems to be the result
某种反物质反应的后果
of some kind of anti-matter reaction.
利马项目正是由这种物质提供动力的
Now, the Lima Project was powered by that material…
而你的父亲是负责人
and your father was in charge of it.
我们现在说的
Now, we’re talking about
很可能是一系列无法阻挡的连锁反应
a potentially unstoppable chain reaction here.
无节制地释放反物质
The uncontrolled release of anti-matter
最终可能会威胁到
could ultimately threaten
我们整个太阳系的稳定
the stability of our entire solar system.
所有生命都会毁于一旦
All life could be destroyed.
少校 我们想让你
Major, we would like you to send
在火星通过安全激光发送一条私人信息
a personal message on Mars by secure laser
到我们希望是利马项目所在的位置
to what we hope is the Lima Project.
你的信息内容
The text of your message would be
当然会提前准备好
prepared in advance, of course.
我要去火星吗 长官
Mars, sir? I’m going to Mars?
那是我们最后一个安全的通信中心
It is the last secure hub we have.
罗伊 我们必须得弄清楚
Roy, we need to find out
我们面对的到底是什么
just what we’re up against here.
我们在火星的地底基地
Our underground Mars base
是唯一一个没有遭受电涌影响的地方
was the only one unaffected by The Surge.
我们相信这条由你发给你父亲的私人请求
And we believe a personal plea, from you to your father,
可能会得到回复
might elicit a response.
这样我们就能追踪信♥号♥♥
We can track that signal…
找到他的位置 然后再想办法阻止这一切
locate him and figure out a way to stop this.
目前正在发生的事 是一场不可估量的危机
What is happening out there is a crisis of unknown magnitude.
我们只能靠你来帮我们找到他了
Now, we’re counting on you to help us find him.
你愿意吗
Are you with us?
-我愿意 长官 -很好
– Yes, I am, sir. – Good.
你首先飞往月球
You deploy first to the moon.
我们的长距离火箭
Our long-range rockets
驻扎在月球背面
are stationed there on the Far Side.
之后的一切都只有需要知道的人才能知道
Everything after that will be on a need-to-know basis.
明白 长官
Yes, sir.
考虑到威胁的程度
Given the magnitude of the threat…
正在构思托辞以避免恐慌
a cover story is being formulated to avoid all panic.
你会参加商务旅行去月球
You’ll be traveling commercially to the moon
好保持低调
to keep a low profile.
从现在起普鲁特上校就是你的负责人
Colonel Pruitt will be your point person from here on.
一定要保持最高机密状态
Absolute top secrecy must be maintained.
“你愿意吗”
“Are you with us?”
说得好像我有选择似的
Like I have a choice.
我爸生前是个开拓者
My dad was a pioneer.
他为寻找智慧生物奉献了自己的一生
He sacrificed himself for the search for intelligent life.
克利福德·麦克布莱德
我爸就是那项目
My dad was the program.
他走的时候我16岁 他失踪时我29岁
I was 16 when he left, 29 when he disappeared.
存档的短♥信♥ 接收于27年
Archived message, received 27 years…
-3个月零2天前 -就是这样
– 3 months, 2 days ago. – And that’s that.
罗伊 我是你父亲
Roy, this is a message from your father.
我目前正在利马项目中
I’m coming at you from the Lima Project.
我们正在经过木星 最终将抵达海王星
Just on our way past Jupiter and ultimately on to Neptune.
我知道你已经看到
I know you have seen
我们在全世界激起了浓厚的兴趣
that we have excited real and enormous interest…
对此我们充满感激
around the world, and we are grateful for it.
我们在做的事很伟大 非常伟大
We’re doing big things up here, real big.
那就是我们将回答最重要的问题
Namely, we’re about to answer the number one question…
我们何时能在外太空找到智慧生物
when do we find all the intelligent life out there?
我们知道一定能找到
And we know we will.
我们将去往日光层的边缘
We’re going to the edge of the heliosphere…
在那里 太阳的磁场
where the sun’s magnetic field
将完全无法影响我们的仪器
won’t affect our instruments one bit.
我们将能检查任何星系 看是否存在复杂生命体
We’ll be able to examine any star system for complex life.
这是史无前例的 我们十分乐观
Never been done before, and we sure are optimistic.
我在家时就感觉到了你的能量
I feel your energy back home,
当然 我想到了上帝
and of course, I think of God.
我太激动了 竟能看到并感觉到他的存在
I’m overwhelmed at seeing and feeling His presence…
而且是那么近
so close.
我爱你 儿子
I love you, my son.
罗伊
Hello, Roy.
我是来跟你一起踏上旅程的
I’m here to go on this trip with you.
好照应着你
Keep my eye on ya.
普鲁特上校 很高兴见到你
Colonel Pruitt, good to meet you.
其实
Actually…
我们以前见过
we’ve met.
那是很久以前了 我跟你父亲是旧识
It was a long time ago. I knew your dad.
我们关系很好
We were close, he and I.
我们一同起步 一起上的普渡大学
We started out together, went to Purdue together.
他是个非常有才华的人
He was a brilliant man.
我知道
I know.
我还记得去他家见到你
And I remember going to the house and seeing you.
你到处跑个不停
You were running around everywhere.
快把你可怜的母亲逼疯了 不过…
You drove your poor mother nuts, but…
你感觉如何
How do you feel?
这是我心理评估的一部分吗
Is this part of my psych eval?
不算是 但确实
No, not really, but yes.
我是说 你将经常受到监测
I mean, you’re going to be monitored constantly…
你的精神状态 你的情绪状态
your mental state, your emotional state.
你跟目标有着直接关联
You have a direct connection with the subject.
上校 我得说 我觉得我父亲已经死了
Colonel, for what it’s worth, I think my father’s dead.
好吧
Yeah, um…
我在太空司令部当了31年月球宇航员
I was a lunar astronaut for SPACECOM for 31 years.
我意识到在外太空
And I came to the realization out there…
一次探索之旅
a voyage of exploration can be used
可以简单地被用于逃亡
for something as simple as escape.
罗伊 我告诉你这些
I’m telling you this, Roy,
是因为我们必须相信有可能…
because we have to hold out the possibility…
你父亲是在躲着我们
that your father may be hiding from us.
你准备好出发了吗
Do you think you’re ready to go?
准备好了
I’m ready.

All right.
你的发射前检疫即将完成
Your pre-launch quarantine is almost complete.
你没有表现出
You have shown no evidence
有细菌或病毒感染的迹象
of bacterial or viral infection…
我这一辈子搞砸过很多次
So many times in my life, I’ve screwed up.
虽然做了那么多努力
Although all efforts have been made…
我该听话的时候却总是在说话
I’ve talked, when I should have listened.
我该温柔的时候
I’ve been harsh,
却总是很严厉
when I should have been tender.
万一生病或发生意外
In the event of illness or accident…
请确保你已经在档案中列明了你的家庭成员
please make certain that you have listed any family members…
配偶 或重要的另一半
spouse, or significant other
以及你的直系亲属
as your next of kin, in your personal file.
音量降低
Volume down.
发送信息 个人号♥码簿 伊芙
Message. Personal directory. Eve.
伊芙 我是罗伊
Hi, Eve, it’s Roy.
我又离开了 毫不意外
I’m away again, no surprise there.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
前一篇文章安娜(2019)
下一篇文章幼儿园教师
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!