Not at all! I finally figured it out.
就好像他们发现了建造机器人
It’s like when they realized it was gonna be too expensive
成本太高一样
to actually build cyborgs and robots.
根本就不可能拿出这么多钱
I mean, the costs of that were impossible.
所以他们决定直接把人类
They decided to just let humans
变成机器人
turn themselves into robots.
这种情况现在就有在发生了
That’s what’s going on right now.
现在
Oh, right now?
没错 怎么不是呢
Yeah! I mean, why not?
成千上亿的人只是活着而已
They’re billions of us just laying around,
无所事事
not really doing anything.
我们不需要花费任何东西
We don’t cost anything.
我们也很会自我保养
We’re even pretty good at
并且能不断繁殖
self-maintenance and reproducing constantly.
最后的结果就是 我们已经被编好程序
And as it turns out, we’re already biologically programmed
然后自己更新换代
for our little cyborg upgrades.
-怎么可能 -真的
-How? -Seriously.
我之前有读到过
I read this thing the other day about how…
当你听到收件箱里叮的一声
When you hear that ding on your inbox,
多巴胺 一种神经传导物质 由脑内分泌 可影响一个人的情绪
你的大脑里就会分泌出大量多巴胺
you get like a dopamine rush in your brain.
就像每一次我们被洗♥脑♥后
It’s like we’re being chemically rewarded
都会得到化学物质的奖励
for allowing ourselves to be brainwashed.
多么可怕 我们都不再是自我了
How evil is that? We’re fucked.
所以你注销脸谱账号♥就能改变这一切吗
So you deleting your Facebook page is gonna change all that?
还记得去年特雷弗也注销了脸谱账号♥
Remember when Trevor deleted his Facebook page last year
每个人都特讨厌他
and everyone just hated him?
你是嘲笑得最厉害的人
You made more fun of him than anyone.
我现在还是会嘲笑他
I still make fun of Trevor though.
他貌似迫切渴望得到别人的关注
It was like he was so pathetically desperate for attention.
或者希望变得与众不同 真可悲
Or to be different, or something.
那都是因为
That’s just ’cause they did
他们在校刊里编的那个烂故事
that lame story about it in the school paper.
结果等过了一个月他回来之后
And then he had to make a big announcement about it
还得搞个发布会一样的证明自己
when he came back a month later.
是的 可我不是为了得到别人关注
That’s the thing, though, I’m not doing it for attention.
我只是不想让屏幕来记录我的人生
I just wanna try and not live my life through a screen.
我想要的是真正的交流
I want some kind of actual interaction.
和真实的人 而不是和一个头像
A real person, not just the profile they put up.
不好意思 你刚刚说什么来着
Oh, I’m sorry. Were you saying something?
得了 我知道你有在听
Yeah, okay, I know you’re joking.
但这就是事实
But, I mean, it’s kind of true.
你知道吗 你一直都在看你的手♥机♥
You have been, you know, checking your phone this whole time,
除此之外没事可干
so, what’re you really doing?
你一其实点也不在乎
You don’t care what your
你的朋友们周六下午在干些什么
friends are up to on a Saturday afternoon,
但很明显
but you’re also obviously
你也没有用心听我深刻的吐槽
not fully experiencing my profound bitching.
这就好像每个人
So, yeah, it’s like everyone’s
都被困在一个夹生的状态
just stuck in like an in-between state.
最后什么事情也没有经历到
Not really experiencing anything.
这不是经历 只是信息
It’s not an experience, it’s just information.
举个例子
Look. For example,
我刚刚知道了
I just got the address
等会我们跟他们碰面的俱乐部的地址
of the club where we’re meeting them later,
这样我们就不会在今晚
so we won’t be wandering the
漫无目的的走在奥斯汀的大街上
streets of Austin lost for an hour tonight.
感谢你 脸谱网
Thank you very much, Facebook.
还有 我刚回了我妈的短♥信♥
And then I just texted my mom back.
哇 那真是太神奇了
Oh, that’s groundbreaking.
她才离开你差不多 五十五分钟吧
She hasn’t seen you in, like, 55 minutes?

Oh…
天呐 快看
Oh, my God, most importantly,
梅格家刚养了一只迷你猪
Meg’s family just got a miniature pet pig.
是的 真是一只娇小可爱的猪
Okay, you’re right. That is a really cute, tiny pig.
我们还不是照样继续生活
Our lives can go on.
我也想养一只
I want one.
漂亮
Nice shot.
把你们身份证给宿管大妈看一下
Yeah, just give the lady at the front y’all’s IDs
她就会让你们进去了
and, uh, she should let you in.
二零六号♥宿舍对吧
It’s Room 206, right? Awesome. Mmm.
我们住这会不会感觉怪怪的
It’s not weird that we’re staying there, is it?
哪有 玩得愉快就行
No, it’s fine. Have fun.
谢啦
Thank you.
你们谈了多久了
How long have you guys been dating?
大概三个月吧
About three months.
我们在聚会上认识 然后就这么在一起了
Yeah, we met at a party and it’s been chill.
-他看起来很酷 -是的
-Yeah, he seems cool. -Yeah, he is.
他也要上托莱多大学吗 是的 真好
Does he go to UT, too? Yeah. Cool.
他学的什么
What does he study?
他在学历史和意大利语 可能是他的双学位
He’s studying history and Italian, I think, his minor, yeah.
他以后想教意大利语吗
Does he wanna teach Italian?
现在可能心里还没底
I think he’s still figuring stuff out.
以后再说吧
Yeah. He’ll figure it out.
他很聪明的
He’s smart. Smart, yeah.
以后来上学的话有想过住哪吗
So, where are you thinking about living when you come here?
额 我也不太确定
Um, I’m not really sure yet.
我们明天打算去公♥寓♥看看
We’re gonna look at apartments tomorrow.

Um…
但我很清楚我父母
But I know my parents
他们希望我住宿舍
sort of were expecting me to live in a dorm.
不过反正到时候所有的花费都要我自己赚
But I’m paying my way through college,
所以跟他们也没多大关系
so it doesn’t really matter that much.
十八岁以后你就没有必要听父母的话了
You don’t have to listen to your parents after you turn 18.
他们不给你钱你就更不用听了
Especially if they’re not helping you financially.
我也是这么想的
That’s what I figured.
不过寝室也没那么差
But living in a dorm isn’t so bad. Yeah?
尤其是男女一起住的宿舍
I mean, especially if it’s a coed dorm.

Yeah.
我身边从来没有同时出现过这么多帅哥
I mean, I’ve never been around so many cute guys at once.
所以说 大学还是很有趣的
Like, college is really fun.
-我很期待 -大学生活很棒
-I’m excited. -It’s great, yeah.

Oh.
在胡佛大坝建筑工地累死的最后一个人
The last death at the Hoover Dam construction site
是他的儿子帕特里克·蒂尔尼
was his son, Patrick Tierney,
他是在一九三五年十二月二十号♥死去的
who died on December 20th, 1935,
和那一天刚好相差十三年
exactly 13 years to the day.
看到那边的姐妹会了吗
See those sorority girls over there?
我刚刚决定了
I’ve just decided,
如果你要注销脸谱账号♥的话 我就加入她们
if you delete your Facebook page, I’m pledging.
几年以后 你就会变成她们那样
Yeah, in just a few years that’s you,
而我就会像他一样
and that’s gonna be me.
嵌入水磨石地板里的是一份天体图
…Inlaid into the terrazzo floors was a star map,
上面的人物形象刻画得非常精确
a celestial map of heavenly bodies so accurately displayed
人们都可以绘制出未来一万四千年内
that one could chart the procession of the pole star
北极星移♥动♥的位置
14,000 years into the future,
未来的人类
such that future generations upon…
我想知道他是干嘛的
I wonder what his deal is.
他看起来经常来这吃饭
I mean, he obviously has money to eat here.
他刚说了 他是托莱多大学的教授 还是终身教授
He just said. He’s a UT professor, tenure and everything.
看看这里的人
Look at all these people.
都凌晨三点了 他们为什么还在这里
What’re they even doing here at 3:00 in the morning?
那我们为什么还在这里
What are we even doing here at 3:00 in the morning?
很明显啊
We know what we’re doing here.
吃奶酪喽
Queso. We have a purpose.
没错
Hell, yeah.
下个暑假一过 这就会成为我们生活的一部分
You know, by next summer, this’ll just be our lives.

Mmm.
每晚熬夜 看各种表演 想干嘛干嘛
Staying out all night, going to shows, whatever we want.
我们还会去上课吗
We ever gonna go to class?
偶尔吧
Sometimes.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!