关键是你拍的那些照片
The point is those pictures you took,
整个州几千名竞争对手 你赢了
thousands of submissions from all over the state, and you won.
好吧 只有银奖
Well, I got silver.
-而且一共有十个银奖 -真想宰了你
-And nine other people did, too. -I’m gonna kill you.
我想告诉你的是 我相信你 梅森
I’m trying to tell you that I believe in you,Mason.
我觉得你真的很特别
I think you’re really special,
如果某些姑娘不懂你 那滚她妈的
and if some girl doesn’t see that, then fuck her, you know.
下一首曲子 送给屋子里的一位年轻人
Hey, this next one of ’em goes out to a young man in the house.
-嗷哦嗷哦 -他还是个小男孩的时候 我就认识他了
-Whoo-hoo! -Known him since he was just a small boy.
现在他高中毕业了 也让我觉得自己老了
Now he’s all graduated from high school and making me feel old.
高中毕业快乐 梅森
Happy high school graduation, Mason.
谢谢
Thank you.
好啦 孩子们 先说清楚
Okay, guys, let’s be clear.
我们要把东西分成四大类
We’re gonna break this into four categories.
第一 你小时候就一直保存着
One, anything you want to keep from your childhood
想带走作纪念的
and you’re taking with you.
第二 要扔掉的 第三 要捐掉的
Two, throwing away. Three, donating.
地四 你想在下周的
And four, whatever you want to try to sell
跳骚市场上卖♥♥掉的
at the garage sale next weekend,
卖♥♥不掉的东西 都捐掉
whatever we don’t sell, we’re donating.
新公♥寓♥里 难道没有阁楼
Doesn’t the apartment have like an attic,
或者仓库 来放东西吗
or storage or something?
不 你没明白我的意思
No. You’re missing the point.
我们不能拖一大堆垃圾到妈妈的小公♥寓♥
We’re not gonna drag a bunch of crap to Mom’s tiny apartment.
不敢相信我们又要搬家了
Can’t believe we’re moving again.
不 只有我要搬家
No, I’m moving.
你两年前就搬走了 你在奥斯丁有自己的公♥寓♥
You moved two years ago. You have an apartment in Austin.
梅森今年秋天搬走
Mason is moving in the fall.
我的任务都完成了
I’m done.
对我来说是好事啊 我又可以有无数的选择了
This’ll be great for me. I’ll have all these options.
我可以休个年假
I could take a sabbatical.
我可以写写书 试着发表
I could get some writing done, try to get published.
那圣诞节怎么办 我们怎么过
What about Christmas, though? What are we gonna do?
我不是会和他住一个房♥间的
I’m not sharing a room with him.
有一个人去睡沙发就好了
One of you will sleep on the couch,
正好可以用上那个充气床垫
and we’ll use that blow-up mattress.
那我洗衣服怎么办
How am I supposed to do my laundry?
萨曼 我很好心地把你推出安乐窝
Sam, I’m gently pushing you out of the nest.
出安乐窝的路上 你会神奇地自己去赚些硬币
And on your way down, you may magically find some quarters
可以用这些硬币 在你自己的公♥寓♥里洗衣服
that you use to do laundry in your own apartment.
拜托啊 你们已经成年了
Come on! You guys are adults!
你们该担负点责任了 好啦 你们想吃什么
You need to take some responsibility. Now, what do you want?
我来个蔬菜堡
I’m gonna get the veggie burger.
我什么都不吃 不饿
I’m not having anything, not hungry.
你怎么了
What’s wrong with you?
我有点想吐
I’m sick.
怎么回事 是头疼吗 还是发烧了
What is it, your head? Do you have a fever?
她怀孕了
She’s pregnant.
没有 其实是我昨晚喝太多了
No. To be honest, I drank way too much last night.
-昨晚你没开车吧 -没有
-You weren’t driving, were you? -No, no.
凯瑞也回家来了 我们只是出去玩了玩
Cary’s back home, too, and we just hung out.
你知道的 黄桃伏特加 不知不觉就喝多了
You know, peach Smirnoff’s, they just go down so easy.
不不 那可不是借口
No, no. Hey, that’s not an excuse.
你还是要尽快收拾包袱
You can still pack boxes.
新租客想尽快搬进来住
These people want to move in as soon as possible.
伙计们嚎 我是罗内德 你们还好吗
Hi, guys. I’m Ernesto, how are you?
你可能已经不记得我了
You probably don’t remember me,
不过好几年前 我修过你们家的水管
but I worked on your septic line years ago.
哦 对的
Oh, yeah.
不管你相不相信 你改变了我的一生
Believe it or not, you changed my life.
那天你说我很聪明
You told me that day that I was smart
说我应该去上学
and that I should go to school.
我听了你的建议 我开始上英语课
I took your advice. I signed up for English classes,
然后一年后 我上了社区大学
and then a year later, I went to community college
还拿到了专科学位
and I got my Associates degree,
现在我正在德州州立大学念学士课程
and I’m working on my bachelor’s now at Texas State.
我还是这儿的经理之一
And also one of the managers here.
真棒呀
That’s great.
能见到你太好了
It’s good to see you, because I really wanted
因为我一直希望有机会和你说声谢谢
a chance to thank you for that.
谢谢 你当年的话对我来说意味着太多
Gracias. It really meant a lot to me.
不用担心午餐 我请客 这是我唯一能做的了
Don’t worry about lunch. It’s on me. It’s the least I can do.
你们应该听她的话 她是一个聪明的女士
You guys should listen to her. She’s a smart lady.
谢谢你
Thank you.
不过那太疯狂了 不是吗
Isn’t that kind of crazy, though,
只要回答二十个问题
that a computer knows who you are
计算机就可以知道你是什么样的人
from just 20 questions off a form?
我觉得其实世界上
I guess there are really
只有八种类型的人
only like eight types of people in the world.
我是说 就像可以分为男人女人这两种人一样
I mean, there are subsets like male and female,
但很显然 我们不像我们想的那么独一无二
but apparently we’re not as unique as we want to think we are.
你和他见过面了吗
Have you even talked to this guy yet?
没 但我们用电子邮件交流了一下 他还挺酷的
No, but we’ve been trading emails. He seems pretty cool.
他读的是文学和人类学
He’s studying literature and anthropology
他也很喜欢亮眼乐队 这点倒是不错
and he’s way into Bright Eyes, so that’s not so bad.
无论如何 他跟我说用计算机系统
But, anyways, he was telling me about how
来给我们分配室友 有点让人毛骨悚然
the system they use for assigning roommates is kinda spooky.
过去新生对于室友的满意度
The freshman satisfaction
大概只有百分之六十
rate for new roommates used to be like 60%,
现在提高到了百分之百 都归功于电脑
and now it’s 100, just ’cause of the computer.
那听起来他会是个不错的室友
Well, sounds like he’ll be a good roommate, then.
是啊 但我们很确信
Yeah. But we pretty much decided
不久他们就不会再用调查问卷了
that soon they won’t even need a questionnaire
他们只要请国♥家♥安♥全♥局扫描一下你的电子数据库
’cause they’ll just let the NSA scan your digital ghost
就可以给你分配好室友
and they’ll tell you who your roommate is
这电子数据库记录了所有你说过的 写过的 点击过的
based on everything you’ve ever said, written or clicked.
是你把这个放回箱子里的吗
Did you put this in here again?
我不想要了
I don’t want it.
拜托 这是你拍的第一张照片
Come on, it’s the first picture you ever took.
那更有理由把它留在家里了 不是吗
All the more reason to leave it behind, right?
-怎么了 -没什么
-What? -Nothing.
-到底怎么了 -没什么
-No, what is it? -It’s nothing!
妈妈
Mom.
这是我人生中最糟糕的一天
This is the worst day of my life.
你在说什么
What’re you talking about?
我知道这一天早晚会来的
I knew this day was coming.
但我没想到
I didn’t know you were gonna be
你要离开了还这么开心
so fuckin’ happy to be leaving.
我不是因为要离开才开心的 你希望我有什么反应呢
I mean, it’s not that I’m that happy. What do you expect?
你知道我意识到什么了吗
You know what I’m realizing?
我的生活还是照常继续 就这样
My life is just gonna go, like that.
那一个个的里程碑
This series of milestones.
结婚 生子 离婚
Getting married. Having kids. Getting divorced.
以为你有读写困难症的时刻
The time that we thought you were dyslexic.
教你骑自行车的时刻
When I taught you how to ride a bike.
再次离婚 获得硕士学位
Getting divorced again. Getting my master’s degree.
总算找到心仪的工作
Finally getting the job I wanted.
送萨曼塔上大学 送你上大学
Sending Samantha off to college. Sending you off to college.
你知道下一个里程碑是什么吗 嗯
You know what’s next? Huh?
是我他妈的葬礼
It’s my fuckin’ funeral!
你走吧 把那张照片留下
Just go! And leave my picture!
你是不是忽略了什么 离下个里程碑还有大概四十年
Aren’t you jumping ahead by, like, 40 years or something?
我只是觉得 应该有更多东西才对
I just thought there would be more.
嗨 你就是梅森吧
Hey, you must be Mason.
是的 道尔顿 对吧
Yeah. Dalton, right?
-是的 终于见到你真人了 真好 -我也是
-Yeah, man, it’s nice to finally meet you. -Definitely.
你睡这边的床没意见吧
Are you cool with this side of the room?
没意见
Yeah.
我早上到的 刚把我的这一大坨行李搬进来 伙计
Got in this morning, just moved my shit in, man.
好的 我不在乎的 不用担心
Well, yeah, I don’t care. No worries.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!