It was Ronald Reagan who said that freedom
就看一代人的选择
is always just one generation away from extinction.
自♥由♥不是血脉相传的
We don’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream,
而需要我们去争取 去捍卫
we have to fight for it and protect it,
将其亲手交与后辈
and then hand it to them
他们才能同样争取捍卫自♥由♥
so that they shall do the same.
我们会为之奋斗
We will fight for it.
而这场选举中 唯有一人
And there is only one man in this race
曾真正为你们争取过自♥由♥
who has really ever fought for you,
那就是参议员约翰·麦凯恩
and that’s Senator John McCain.
真棒
Yeah!
太好了 她找回状态了
Yeah, she’s back!
萨拉·佩林回归了 女士们先生们
Sarah Palin is back, ladies and gentlemen.
-干得漂亮 州长 -还不错吧
– Great job, Governor. – It was pretty good, huh?
岂止不错 简直一级棒
Pretty good? It was amazing.
只有一个小错误需要纠正
There’s just one slight adjustment I want to give you.
你应该叫他参议员拜登
You need to call him Senator Biden,
而不是参议员奥拜登
not Senator O’Biden.
我是这么说的 参议员奥拜登
That’s what I called him, Senator O’Biden.
-你又错了 -哪里错了
– You just said it again. – Said what?
-奥拜登 -对 参议员拜登
– O’Biden. – Right. Senator Biden.
-对了 -噢 拜登
– That’s it. – Oh. Biden.
不 没有奥
No, no, there’s no “O.”
这是”噢 我懂了”的”噢”
No, I meant “Oh,” As in “Oh, I get it,”
不是奥拜登的”奥”
not “O” As in O’Biden.
好吧 我们练练
Okay, well, let’s practice it.
州长 你赞成参议员拜登
Governor, do you agree with Senator Biden’s
在救♥市♥计划上的立场吗
position on the bail-out?
-参议员奥拜登… -拜登
– Senator O’Biden– – Biden!
真该死
Doggone it!
-我是萨拉 -是我 妈妈
– This is Sarah. – Hey, mom.
乖儿子 你还好吗
Hey, honey. How are ya?
我很好 我…
I’m good. I’m–
-我很好 妈妈 -你在哪儿呢
– I’m good, mom. – Where are you?
这个我不能透露
Um, I’m not really allowed to say.
好吧 宝贝 不过你是安全的吧
Okay, sweetie, but you’re safe?
是啊 别担心 我很安全
Yeah, no, I’m fine, I’m fine.
我只是想祝你辩论顺利
I just wanted to wish you a good debate.
谢谢
Thank you.
-你有学习吗 -有
– Did you study? – I did.
很用功
A lot.
我会为你祈祷的
I’ll be praying for you.
太好了 我正需要
Please, I’ll need it.
加油 妈妈 你能搞定它的
Come on, mom, you’re gonna do great.
我爱你
I love you.
我也非常爱你 特拉克
I love you so much, Track.
-集♥合♥ -我得挂了 妈妈
– Fall in! – I gotta go, mom.
别别别 再等一分钟
No, no, no. Just– just another minute.
抱歉 我真的得走了
No, I’m really sorry, but I really gotta go.
你今晚会表现出色的 知道吗
You’re gonna do great tonight, okay?
谢谢宝贝 你千万要注意安全
Thank you, thank you, but, sweetie– sweetie, you be safe.
我会的
I will.
再见
Bye.
你还好吧
You okay?
我儿子很安全
My son is safe.
我儿子很安全
My son is safe.
我们即将看到的
Well, what we are going to see
将是我所报道过的
is probably the most anticipated
最令人期待的副总统辩论
vice presidential debate that I have covered ever.
华盛顿大学
圣路易斯
10月2日
萨拉·佩林承受着巨大压力
A lot, a lot of pressure on Sarah Palin.
而对乔·拜登来讲
As for Joe Biden, it’s sort of a,
今晚不必有所顾忌
first of all, do-no-harm night for him.
至少没有人会质疑
No one has questioned
他当副总统的资格
that he is qualified to be vice president.
他需要…他们都需要
He needs to– both of them,
需要重点谈论各自的总统候选人
need to talk about the top of their tickets.
毕竟 这场选举不是在选副总统
After all, this isn’t a race to be vice president
所以在选票事宜上
so much as it is to be number two
他们只是二号♥人物
to the top people on the ticket.
在乔·拜登方面 你肯定会听到
On the Joe Biden side, you will see
他强调 “瞧 萨拉·佩林…”
an effort to say, “Look, Sarah Palin…”
快点
Hurry.
我们一起祈祷
Pray with me.
祈祷什么呢
What should we pray for?
祈祷我们能赢了这场辩论
Just pray that we win the debate.
妈妈 这可是作弊
Mom, that would be cheating.
好了
Okay.
欢迎全美以及全球的观众
We want to welcome our viewers
收看我们的节目
in the United States and around the world.
我是沃尔夫·布利泽 同最优秀的…
I’m Wolf Blitzer, together with the best…
今晚我们期待已久的…
We’ve been waiting for this night for a long time…
杰罗丁·费拉罗 民♥主♥党人 美国第一位参选副总统的女性
1984年 杰拉德琳·费拉罗也是由我带进场的
I did this same walk for Geraldine Ferraro in 1984.
天啊 那可真棒
Holy jeez, that’s cool.
你就站在这里
This is your toe mark.
好的
Okay.
30秒准备
30 seconds.
2号♥机 镜头拉回广角拍她进场
Two, pull back wide on her entrance, please.
2号♥机准备 2号♥机切入
Ready, two. And take two.
晚上好 这里是密苏里州圣路易斯的
Good evening from Washington University
华盛顿大学
in St. Louis, Missouri.
我是来自PBS《新闻一小时》
I’m Gwen Ifill of the “News Hour”
和《华盛顿周讯》的格温·艾菲尔
and “Washington Week” on PBS.
欢迎收看2008年独一无二的
Welcome to the first and the only 2008
副总统辩论会
vice presidential debate
辩论在共和党提名人
between the Republican nominee,
阿♥拉♥斯加州州长萨拉·佩林
Governor Sarah Palin of Alaska,
和民♥主♥党提名人
and the Democratic nominee,
德拉维尔州参议员乔·拜登间举♥行♥
Joe Biden of Delaware.
今晚的议题涵盖范围相当广泛
Tonight’s discussion will cover a wide range of topics,
包括国内政策和对外政策
including domestic and foreign policy matters.
每位候选人将有90秒时间
Each candidate will have 90 seconds
回答一个直接提问
to respond to a direct question
以及额外两分钟
and then an additional two minutes
进行抗辩和追叙
for rebuttal and follow-up.
具体主题以及问题都由我亲自选择
The specific subjects and questions were chosen by me
并未向双方阵营和选举委员会
and have not been shared or cleared
透露也未经他们批准
with anyone on the campaigns or on the commission.
现场观众已保证
The audience here in the hall
将在整场辩论中保持安静
has promised to remain very polite–
不欢呼 不鼓掌 不制♥造♥无故动静
no cheers, applause, no untoward outbursts…
-拜登 拜登… -现在
– Biden. Biden. Biden. – …Except right at this minute
让我们欢迎州长佩林和参议员拜登
as we welcome Governor Palin and senator Biden.
幸会 我能叫你乔吗
Nice to meet you. Hey, can I call you Joe?
当然可以
You can call me Joe.
-为…为什么麦克开着 -没事 不要紧
– Why– why is the mic on? – No, no, no, it’s cool.
他们会把这看作是
They’re gonna think it’s some kind
马基亚维利: 意大利政♥治♥思想家, 注重军事
马基亚维利和绝地武士的较量
of Machiavellian Jedi power-play.
听你说这种话…斯蒂夫
From your lips, Steve.
欢迎二位
Welcome to you both.
2008年10月美国通过了7000亿美元救♥市♥计划
拟从陷于困境的金融企业买♥♥入问题资产
本周国会众议院通过了一项议案
The House of Representatives this week passed a bill,
救♥市♥法案
a big bail-out bill–
或者说没有通过
or didn’t pass it, I should say.
参议院决定通过
The Senate decided to pass it
众议院直至今晚仍未作出表决
and the House is wrestling with it still tonight.
这究竟是政♥府♥的英明之举
Was this the worst of Washington or the best of Washington
还是大胆拙计呢
that we saw play out?
感谢你 格温 也感谢选举委员会
Thank you, Gwen, and I thank the commission also.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!