我们得创造这次竞选中的翻身机会
We need to create a dynamic moment in this campaign
否则就死定了
or we’re dead.
你觉得她有那么好吗
You think she’s that good?
很有可能
She could be.
五天内能审查完毕吗
And we can vet her in five days?
可以
We can.
她的审查必须和其他人的
The vet has to be as thorough for her
一样详细完善
as it was for all the other candidates.
库尔华豪斯说他能做到 那么…
Culvahouse says he can do it, so…
时间紧迫 先生
The clock is ticking, sir.
如果你在认真考虑这位阿♥拉♥斯加女州长
If you are going to seriously consider the governor of Alaska,
现在就要联♥系♥她了
you have to call her now.
州长 油价高得要人命啊
You know, Governor, these gas prices are killing us.
老天 我知道
Oh, my goodness, don’t I know it.
也要我和托德的命
They’re killing me and Todd, too.
你好哇
Hey, how are ya?
但是 一旦阿♥拉♥斯加获准
But once Alaska is allowed to
安全可靠地开♥发♥自身能源
very safely and responsibly develop our resources,
将能降低全美的能源支出
we’ll lower cost of energy across the entire nation.
继续加油 州长
You keep giving ’em hell, Governor.
谢谢 很高兴和你谈话
Aw, thanks. Nice talking to ya.
妈妈 我们现在可以去玩过山车吗
Mom, can we go on the roller coaster now?
当然不行 宝贝
Yeah. No, of course, honey.
-布里斯托 -嗯
– Hey, Bristol? – Yeah?
帮我抱一下特里戈好吗 我要带派博玩过山车
Can you hold Trig? I’m gonna take Piper on the roller coaster.
-好的 -给
– Sure. – There you go.
好了 小家伙
There you go, buddy.
-妈妈 -等一下 宝贝
– Mom. – Just one second, hon.
我是萨拉
This is Sarah.
亚利桑那州 赛多纳
8月27日
州长 非常感谢您这么快就来了
Thank you for coming on such short notice, Governor.
一切顺利的话
Should this go according to plan,
明天早上我们将带你到麦凯恩参议员的
we will take you to meet Senator McCain at his compound
住所见他
first thing in the morning.
要是他选你做竞选搭档
Now, if he chooses you to be his running mate,
那你立刻会成为
you will instantly become
这世界上最有名的人之一
one of the most famous people on the planet.
你的过去将被调查
Your life will be investigated,
生活将受操控 扭曲
manipulated, distorted,
没有一丝的隐私
and you will lose any semblance of privacy.
你还100%确定
Knowing this, are you 100% committed
要加入吗
to going forward with this project?
肯定的
Absolutely.
我有一颗为人♥民♥服务的心
I have a servant’s heart.
如果你们真认为我有利于竞选
And if you really think I can help this ticket,
真认为我有助于这个国家
if you really think I can help this country,
那肯定的 我愿意
then absolutely… I’ll do this with ya.
你的私生活将受到严厉甚至无理的抨击
Your private life will be subjected to harsh, often unfair attacks.
你无法预期…
Nothing can prepare you for…
会有多卑劣 无法…
How ugly this can be. Not…
这我很清楚 这样子的
I do understand that. Here’s the deal.
我在阿♥拉♥斯加经历过残酷的初选
I went through a tough primary in Alaska,
我很清楚会有多卑劣
and I know how ugly it can get.
州长 总统选举
Well, Governor, things can get
可会残酷很多
quite a bit rougher on the national stage.
这不好说 阿♥拉♥斯加可是相当残酷了
I don’t know, Alaska’s pretty rough.
你和麦凯恩参议员
Now, you and Senator McCain
在一些问题上政见不一
have a difference of opinion on several issues.
他反对堕胎 但如果是强♥奸♥ 乱♥伦♥导致怀孕
He is pro-life, but he’s in favor of exceptions
或者孕妇有生命危险时 他并不反对
in the case of rape, incest or a mother’s life being at risk.
-你却不是 -没错
– You are not. – That is correct.
我反对所有堕胎
I am unapologetically pro-life.
麦凯恩参议员支持干细胞研究
Senator McCain supports stem cell research.
-而你不支持 -没错 我不支持
– You do not. – That’s true, I do not.
约翰·麦凯恩不会让你摒弃自己的政见
John McCain would never ask you to contradict your beliefs,
但我们希望你全力支持他的政见
but we expect you to support his positions.
我们可能让你在竞选广♥告♥中
And we may ask you to appear in ads
拥护他的政见
advocating those positions.
你对此有意见吗
Do you have a problem with that?
完全没意见
No, I don’t. Not at all.
我会全力支持麦凯恩参议员
Senator McCain can count on my full support.
我会很荣幸成为他团队的一员
I would be so proud to be a member of his team.
你不接受进化论吗
Do you reject the theory of evolution?
我父亲是名科学老师
I’m the daughter of a science teacher.
我看着我父亲的化石模型长大的
My dad showed me fossils growing up.
我了解进化论 我相信进化论
I know about evolution. I accept evolution.
但我不否认我看到上帝之手
But I will never deny that I see the hand of God
在创造这个美丽星球中的作用
in this beautiful creation that is earth.
我真的很高兴
I’m really glad that you’re asking me
你们问我这类问题
these types of questions.
为什么
Why is that?
这样你们就能全面了解我
It’s important that you know exactly what you’re getting.
约翰 我明说了吧
John, let me be very clear.
A.B.库尔华豪斯
审查律师
其他审查都做了四到八周时间
Every other vet we did was over a four-to-eight-week period.
而这一次秘密审查只用了不到五天时间
This vet has been compiled in absolute secrecy
就完成了
in less than five days.
我明白
I understand.
审查做得这么快
Well, in doing a vet this fast,
必然有可能
there’s certainly the possibility
有所遗漏
that we may have missed something.
我明白 那你觉得怎么样呢 A.B.
Yeah, I got it. What do you think, A.B.?
我对她在调查表上的回答很满意
I like many of her answers in the questionnaire.
面谈时
And in the interview,
我提的一些问题她也回答得很好
she hit some of my questions out of the park.
这样看来
Now…
比起其他的候选人
There are more potential land mines with Palin
佩林的风险更大些
than with the other choices.
她说她十几岁的女儿怀孕了
She told us she has a teen daughter who’s pregnant.
这倒不会有多大影响
That should not prevent this from moving forward,
但不知道还会有什么事冒出来
but we don’t know what else could pop up.
那你个人对她印象好吗
But are you impressed with her personally?
挺好的
I am.
她的经历很丰富
She has a great life story
就她目前的处境来说
and she’s extremely poised and confident
她表现得很镇定 很自信
for someone in her situation.
但是这个候选人
But you have a candidate
只做了18个月州长
who’s only been governor for 18 months.
在此之前 她只是一个小城的市长
Before that, she was the mayor of a small town
那城市人口才一万人
with 10,000 people.
我们主攻奥巴马没经验这点
She undercuts your best attack on Obama
会受到她的影响
that he’s too inexperienced.
那正好
Well, that’s played out.
我们坚持拿经验说事 也会再掉五个点
We lose by five if we stick with experience.
你觉得她准备好做副总统了吗
You think she’s ready to be president?
一月二十号♥宣誓入职时 应该还不行
I don’t think she’s gonna be ready on January 20th,
但她够聪明 会准备好的
but I think she has the smarts to get there eventually.
所以你的结论是什么 A.B.
Give me the bottom line, a.B.
高风险
High risk…
高回报
High reward.
你不该告诉我
You shouldn’t have told me that.
为什么
Why not?
我一生都爱冒险
I’ve been a risk-taker all my life.
-您好 -您好啊
– Hi. – Hi. How are ya?
好极了
Great.
谢谢你能来
Thanks so much for coming.
感谢你邀请我来你家
Thank you for having me at your beautiful house.
快请进吧
Well, come on in. Please.
萨拉 我最引以为豪的是
One of the things I’m most proud of, Sarah,
我的独♥立♥精神
is my independence.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!