But that fine mind of yours gets pretty repulsive at times.
你可不是这样对我说的
That’s not what you told me on the train.
现在你又想来责怪我
Now you’re gonna throw that up to me.
我还以为…
I thought what we…
我们在火车上 说的话只有我们知道
I thought what we said on the train was in confidence.
当然 亲爱的
Well, of course, darling.
但我永远不会忘记 你对我说的每一句话的
But I’ll never forget a single word you said to me.
有时候 你可以做得更好的
You know, you can be pretty wonderful at times.
来吧 宝贝
Come on, partner.
为何不把鞋子脱掉
Why don’t you kick off your spurs?
真是美丽而崭新的一天
What a glorious, gorgeous, brand-new day.
享受这每一刻吧 就你和我
Let’s spend every hour of it just you and I.
亲爱的 我很累
Oh, honey, I’m beat.
怎么了
Why?
世上所有 美好的东西你都拥有了
Today you have all the good things in the world…
还有一个 深爱着你的女人
…and a woman who loves you very, very much.
但昨晚那次争吵 让我很难受
I know, but… That arguing takes a lot out of me.
那真是太可怕了
Oh, that was just frightful.
争吵最好的疗法 就是弥补
Best part about quarreling is the making up.
我们一起来弥补 好吗 亲爱的
When we make up, we make up too, don’t we, honey?
我们为何不去好好看看德州 让别人来管理”利塔”好了
Why can’t we take a trip, really see Texas? Just let somebody else run Reata.
可以吗
Oh, couldn’t we?
亲爱的 你要明白一点
Honey, I want you to understand this:
“利塔”一直都由我来管理
I run Reata at all times.
-当然了 -历来都是这样子
– Of course, Jordan. – And that’s the way it is.
这里所有的一切 都是由我拍板
Everything that’s in it and on it is run by me.
-别那么大声 -一直都是这样的
– Jordan, don’t raise your voice. – That’s the way it’s always been too.
所有和”利塔”有关的事情都由我管理
Everything that has a Reata brand on it is run by me.
也包括我吗
Does that include me?
我的父亲和祖父 也都是这样管理的
That’s the way my father ran this outfit and the way my grandfather ran it, all of it.
他把一切留给了儿子 我父亲也把这一切留给了我
He kept it together for his son and my father kept it together for his.
我也会把这一切留给我儿子
And I’m keeping it together for mine.
所有595 000平方公里的土地
All 500,000 square miles?
所有这一切 都是我儿子的
All of it, for my son.
至少你应该说”我们的儿子”
You could at least say “our son.”
我们的儿子
Our son.
你不觉得这对于 一个小孩来说太多了吗
Don’t you think that might be just a bit too much for one little baby?
只要是本尼迪特的 孩子就不算多
Heh. Not if he’s a Benedict.
你最好希望这是个男孩
Well, better hope this is a boy.
我们的孩子
Our baby.
我只是说我希望是个男孩
I just said I’m hoping it’s a boy.
你是什么意思
What do you mean?
为何不告诉我
I mean, why didn’t you tell me?
我现在告诉你了
I’m telling you now.
为何不告诉我
Well, honey why didn’t you tell me?
我该知道的
I mean, well, I should’ve known.
-真的吗 -当然
– You sure? – Sure.
我们的孩子会是个男孩 我知道的
And our baby is going to be a boy, Jordan. I know it.
他会非常地像他父亲
A boy very much like his father.
在许多方面都像…
In many ways…
但不是全部
…but not all.
她是不是有点轻了
Shouldn’t she be putting on weight, honey?
我想 他倒是长得有点快了
Well, it’s natural, I think, darling, for him to be gaining faster.
让我看看
Let me see.
真沉
They are heavy.
你好啊 宝贝
Hello, sweetheart.
他长得可真快
Well, he’s building up fine.
“我现在比以前更坚强了”
“I am now stronger than ever…
“我在帮助年轻的 吉拉大夫在这里工作”
…and am helping a young Dr. Guerra get started here.
“每天我都要走上 三到四英里的路程”
Most every day I find myself walking three or four miles…
“来回穿梭与’文特希’ 村子的脏乱街道当中”
…to the dusty and dirty street of Vientecito Village.
安吉尔 你好吗
Hello, Angel. How are you?
我想找戈麦斯先生谈谈 就是管理这地方的人
I’d like to speak to Mr. Gomez, the boss, the man that runs this place.
本尼迪特太太 找我有事吗
Mrs. Benedict, what is it I can do?
戈麦斯先生 我让吉拉大夫住在你这里
Mr. Gomez, I’m going to leave Dr. Guerra here with you.
他会告诉你 一些继续着手做的事情的
He’ll tell you a number of things that must be done.
这地方真的是太脏了
This place is a scandal.
谢谢你 吉拉大夫 我会和你保持联♥系♥的
Thank you, Dr. Guerra. I’ll get in touch with you.
你好 杰特
Hello, Jett.
-你好 莱斯莉小姐 -你好吗
– Howdy, Miss Leslie. – How are you?
我很好
I’m doing pretty good.
-看来你过得还不错 -你喜欢吗
– You made some improvements. – Do you like it?
这里真不错
Looks good.
这里虽没那么好 但毕竟有所改善了
Well, it ain’t much yet, but it’s coming right along.
-我真不敢相信 -相信什么
– You know, I wouldn’t have believed it. – Believed what?
说实在的 我当初 真没想到你本事还挺大的
Truthfully, I wouldn’t have expected this sort of talent to be one of your virtues.
当初我可是被人 看成是一无是处的
That’s the first time I was ever accused of having any of that.
这里真的很不错 杰特
It really is nice, Jett.
真不错
Real nice.
有一天… 我这里会让所有人都羡慕
Someday I want to have a place no one will be ashamed of.
这是我在报纸上剪下来的
Oh, I cut them out of the newspaper.
我想这或许能让 光秃秃的墙壁好看一点
I thought they’d dress the place up a little bit.
你真可爱
Sweet of you.
出来坐在这里歇一会儿好吗
Want to come on in here and sit down?
-休息一会儿 -谢谢
– Rest a minute? – Thank you.
有了孩子你显得更快乐了
Having kids seems to agree with you, you know it?
你看起来比以前更漂亮了
You’re looking prettier than ever.
反正就是好
Just as good, anyway.
天啊 是茶
My goodness. And tea.
-你喜欢茶 -当然 我喜欢
– You like tea? – Of course, I love it.
是的 这里的人都是喝咖啡的
Just seems down here everybody drinks gallons of coffee.
我知道
Yeah, I know it.
想听我一句奉承的话吗
Mind if I pay you a rather personal compliment?
什么
What is it?
你泡的茶非常的棒
You make a very excellent cup of tea.
必要时我可以做很多的事情
Yeah, well, I do a lot of things in a pinch.
你想放一块还是两块糖
Would you like one lump or would you like two?
我想就这样喝
Well, I think I’ll take mine straight.
看来我泡的茶还不错
That’s good enough for me.
噢 孩子 啊哈
Oh. Boy. Ahem.
并没有那么好 对吗
It’s not too good, is it?
你何时打算结婚呢 杰特
When are you gonna get married, Jett?
你难道不需要人来 帮你打理这个地方吗
Don’t you need somebody to help you with this kind of responsibility?
当我有时间到处去看看的话 我就会回到东部去…
Well, when I get some time to look around, I’ll go back East.
去马里兰这样的地方
To Maryland, places…
你还有长得漂亮 又乐意帮助穷♥人♥的妹妹吗
Say, got any good-looking sisters back there might be interested in some poor people?
金钱并非一切
Money isn’t all, you know, Jett.
你得到它之前就是全部
Not when you got it. Heh.
杰特
Jett…
在这儿附近的其他人… 他们为何不能 像你一样自助呢
…the other people around here, why don’t they help themselves like you’ve done?
你说的”其他人”指的是谁
Well, now, ahem, when you say “other people,” what do you mean?
我刚从”文特希”回来
Well, I’ve just come back from Vientecito.
就是那些”湿背”住的地方[非法进入美国的墨西哥人]
Oh, that bunch of wetbacks.
你不能把我和 他们混为一谈
Well, don’t go getting me mixed up with none of them.
我像毕克一样 都是地道的德州人
I’m just as much of Texas as Bick Benedict is.
-我可不是”湿背”-我知道
– I’m no wetback. – Oh, I know that.
在自尊心 态度 很多方面 你都很像乔丹
You’re like Jordan in that respect, attitude, everything.
但你的处境不一样 你是一个工人
But your situation is so different. You’re a workingman.
我会做出一番成就的
Well, that’s something I’m gonna try to fix.
终有一天我会的
Someday I will.
好的 戈麦斯
All right, Gomez.
我知道了
Yeah, I understand.
好的 谢谢你
Yeah, thank you.
谢谢你泡的茶 杰特
Well, thanks for the tea party, Jett.
别老像个陌生人一样
And don’t be such a stranger.
路过的时候 常来看看我们
Stop by and pay us a visit.
我也不知道为什么
Well, I don’t know about that.
毕克还在为 我的事情耿耿于怀
Old Bick’s still got his kettle on for me.
莱斯莉
Leslie?
你好 亲爱的
Hello, darling.
我刚在杰特那儿喝完茶回来

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!