Doctor?
要是我没买♥♥那匹马就好了
If I only hadn’t bought that horse.
别自责了 乔丹
Don’t blame yourself, Jordan.
要是我没买♥♥的话 她就不会死
If I hadn’t, she’d be alive right now.
别再自责了
Don’t blame yourself.
这件事很不幸
This is a great misfortune…
但没人该受到责怪
…but no one’s to blame.
是啊
Yeah.
事情已经发生了
Things happen.
-沃克大夫 -本尼迪特太太 这是伯内霍姆大夫
– Dr. Walker? – Mrs. Benedict, this is Dr. Borneholm.
你好
How do you do?
我很希望能救活卢斯
Bick, I sure wish I could have made it for Luz.
沃克大夫已经尽力了 这点我可以向你保证
Dr. Walker did everything he could, I assure you of that.
我知道 谢谢你
I know. Thank you.
沃克大夫 恐怕还有些事情要你帮忙
Dr. Walker, there’s more for you to do, I’m afraid.
欧布雷夫人的孩子 病得很重
Mrs. Obregon’s baby is very sick.
他的体温至少在105度
His temperature must be at least 105.
你可以去看一下吗
Will you stop by, please?
欧布雷太太
Mrs. Obregon?
就在村子那里
In the village.
杰特会带你去的
Jett will take you.
我和你一起去吧 大夫
I’ll go with you myself, doctor.
莱斯莉
Leslie.
这怎么回事
What is this?
你不能这样
He can’t do that.
他不能到那儿去
He can’t go there.
他是我们的大夫
He’s our doctor.
-我们的大夫 -是的
– Our doctor? – Yeah.
你是说 只是本尼迪特家的大夫
You mean the Benedicts’ only?
不 我是说
No, I mean…
我们所有人的大夫
…all of us.
他不能给那些人看病
He don’t tend those people.
他们
They…
能够自己想办法的
…have a way of doing things by themself.
她怎么到那儿去的
How’d she get there, Jett?
别又拿我开刀
Oh, don’t go climbing onto me.
我也不想这样的
I don’t feel none too good about it.
乔丹 亲爱的 我想你还不明白
Jordan, darling, I don’t think you quite understand.
有个孩子病得很重
There’s a child who’s very sick.
我必须带沃克大夫去
I must take Dr. Walker.
你会去的 对吗 大夫
You’ll go, won’t you, doctor?
我会尽快回来的
I’ll be back just as soon as I can, darling.
我现在好多了 亲爱的
I’m a lot better, honey.
这就好
That’s a good boy.
我的马呢
Where’s my horse?
我向它开枪了
I shot him.
它的骨头断了
Bone was broken.
必须有人这样做
Somebody had to do it.
我想最好还是由我来做吧
Thought it’d be better if it was me.
孩子怎么样了
The baby?
活下来了
Alive.
多亏了沃特大夫
Thanks to Dr. Walker.
那就好
Good.
毕克
Bick.
我们这里有些事情 想和你谈谈
Excuse me, but we’ve gotta have you in here for a few minutes, if you can break away.
乔丹
Jordan.
你很快就好挺过去的
Say, Bick, you’re sure holding up fine.
这时刻才真正能 表现出一个人的坚强
It’s times like this that folks really show what they’re made of…
而且你会挺过去的
…and you’re holding up fine.
本尼迪特太太 再见
Mrs. Benedict, bye-bye. Oh, goodbye.
维恩和我会想念卢斯的
Vern and me thought a lot of Luz, Mrs. Benedict.
大伙儿都会想念她的
But I guess everybody did.
至少大伙儿都来了
Yeah, at least everybody came.
这是我在德州 见过的最盛大的葬礼了
Biggest gathering for a funeral I ever saw in Texas.
只可惜卢斯没能到场
Mm. Shame Luz wasn’t here to enjoy it.
我是说 她一直都很喜欢盛大的聚会
Well, I mean, she always did like a big get-together and everything. Heh.
她该生活得很幸福的
She’d have had a fine time.
-好 -再见
– Well, bye. – Goodbye.
-常来看我们 -谢谢你们 再见 常来看我们
– Come see us. – Thank you, bye-bye. Come see us.
乔丹
Jordan…
你姐姐是一个 非常慷慨的人
…I think you’ll agree with me that your sister was a very generous woman.
她想给那个人 一些
She wanted that boy to have something…
值钱的东西
…something worthwhile.
也就是一小块价值… 500到600美元的土地
Now that little piece of land is worth, oh, 5…600 dollars at most.
我想问你 出于对卢斯·本尼迪特的尊敬
I’m going to ask you, in reverence to the memory of Luz Benedict…
你要给杰特·林克…
…I’m going to ask you to give one Jett Rink…
一张相当于那块 土地两倍价值的支票
…a check for twice the value of that land.
现在就开始着手这件事吧
We can clean up the whole matter right now.
进来 我有事情跟你说
Jett, come on inside. I want to talk to you.
等等 毕克
Now, just a minute here, Bick.
恐怕这次我恕难从命了
Afraid I’m gonna beat you to it.
我不干了
I’m quitting.
在这儿我 已经失去了一个朋友
I lost the one friend I had in this place, and I know it too.
我不干了 你不必再跟我说什么
So I quit. I’m dead quit. Don’t have to say another word to me.
没人要解雇你
Nobody’s firing you, Jett.
是的 没人要解雇我
Boy, howdy, nobody’s firing me.
我告诉你 我不干了
I told you, I quit.
没人想解雇你
Nobody wants to fire you.
进来跟我们商量一些事情
Now, just come on inside and listen to what we have to say.
快进来 杰特
Come on in here, Jett. Come on in here, boy. Heh.
-杰特 很高兴见到你 -你好
– Hi, Jett. Nice to see you. – Hi.
-你好 杰特 很高兴见到你 -你好 杰特
– Howdy. Good to see you. – Howdy.
请坐 伙计 你今天气色很不错啊
Have my seat here, boy. Sit right down. Sure looking good today.
坐吧 我要告诉你 一件让你兴奋的事情
Sit down, Jett. Gonna tell you about a little piece of luck’s come your way.
坐吧 年轻人 别拘谨
Sit down, young man, sit down and make yourself comfortable.
有的人是 好运挡也挡不住啊
It’s a real bad wind that doesn’t blow somebody some good.
阿门
Amen.
卢斯是一个坚强 又很富有感情的人
Jett, I don’t guess I have to tell you…
这点我无需多说
…Luz was a woman of strong sentimental feeling.
她把要送给”利塔”所有人的东西都列出来了
She prepared a list of things that she wanted to give the people on Reata.
是的 她想要给…
Yes, we find that she wanted to… Heh. Well, that is…
她给你遗赠的是 这里的一小块土地
…we find that her bequest to you is in the nature of a little piece of ground.
也就是”水牛坛”那一小块土地
It’s that little piece we used to call “Buffalo Wallow.”
现在
Now…
她想给你东西 我也知道她会的
She wanted to give you something. I know she did.
但保持”利塔”完整无缺 是我一向的目标
It’s always been my aim to kind of keep Reata intact, within the family.
这块土地的价值最多是…
Now, that little piece is worth…
多少来着 贝尔
…hmm, at the most… How much, Bale?
最多是500到600美元 毕克
At the most, 500 or 600 dollars, Bick.
本尼迪特先生 遵从他姐姐的遗嘱
Yes, now, um, Mr. Benedict, wanting to honor his sister’s wishes…
当然 还有他对你的关爱…
…and, of course, right along with his own personal feeling for you…
他想让你的付出 得到更多的回报
…now, he wants to see to it that you get something really worthwhile.
言归正传吧 林克先生
Well, now, to get right down to the point, Mr. Rink…
我们准备 付给你现金…
…we’re prepared to place in your hands in cash…
1 200美元
…the sum of $1200.
-好的 先生 -孩子
– Yes, sir. Ha, ha. – Boy.
1 200美元
Twelve hundred dollars…
在座的各位先生都会 很高兴地告诉你…
…which any of these gentlemen here, I’m sure they’ll be happy to tell you…
这相当于 那块地的两倍价钱
…it’s twice the value of that land. Definitely. At least.
至少是两倍价格
Twice the value of that land.
这可是一大笔钱
That’s a lot of money, Jett.
你拿着它要干些什么呢
What are you aiming to do with all of it?
你现在有钱了 伙计
You’re in the chips now, boy.
快拿着吧
There it is. There it is, boy. Ha, ha.
这都是你的
And it’s all yours. Ha, ha. Sure is.
我不知道该说些什么
I don’t know what to say. Ha, ha.
她人真的是很好
She was a fine lady.
是的 她人是很好 哈利路亚
Yes, she was a fine lady. Hallelujah.
阿门
Amen.

And I…
我想要

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!